So why was the CM Heavy, dirty?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I don’t get it, the armor from CM dungeon is dirty while every single npc who wears it has it clean.

I know 99% people think the dirty makes no sense and looks way worse.

Why in the world did they opt to give us sewer quality on it?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nobleman%27s_armor

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Seraph_Outfitter_Eva

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I like the dirty battleworn look. Personal preference i guess.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

:o i never noticed. mhm I do like the clean one better personally XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The clean look, looks like cm armour when wielding The Juggernaut (Gives all armour a chromatic effect).

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

If they werent dirty, a lot fewer people would buy abyss/celestial/t3 cultural.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

There’s a place for it. But I don’t think CM’s armor set was that place.
I’m having trouble coming up with a better design myself, but once I think the sketches feel “complete”, it’ll get fully Maya rendered and then hopefully Anet will one day follow Skyrim’s lead and let us “cotribute” such projects to their Art resources through Steam-Workshop…

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’m having trouble coming up with a better design myself, but once I think the sketches feel “complete”, it’ll get fully Maya rendered and then hopefully Anet will one day follow Skyrim’s lead and let us “cotribute” such projects to their Art resources through Steam-Workshop…

That would be awesome.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I hate the disgusting dirty effect so deeply and intensely that I almost dislike the dungeon itself because of it. Or maybe I’m just upset because I like the armor design and I wanted it for my guardian, to create a lovely mix n’ match I had in mind. The problem is, that sh… stupid dirt and rust makes it impossible for me to dye it decently.
Thank the ancient gods t3 exists.

Posted by: Elm.8169

Elm.8169

Uh… Wow, good question. The clean version looks awesome.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That would be unlikely. Consider the fact that GW2 itself is not even available on steam.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

That would be unlikely. Consider the fact that GW2 itself is not even available on steam.

They did have a (tentative) partnership with all 3 chapters of GW1 however and they could be launched and tracked that way too. And even if that never comes to fruition, well they used to have plenty of fan contests to submit designs, boss names, etc…

(bottom half is sketched, just need to find the right inspiration for Mantles & Gloves)

(edited by ilr.9675)