So you buffed two bosses in HoTW

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Aldus Stormbringer is apparently supposed to have an army of infinite Elite adds he summons that appear and disappear at random as the fight progresses.

Sorge the Zealot now summons Barracudas in addition to his suicide Jellyfish. These Barracudas, while low on Health, do 3000+ damage per auto-attack on a Warrior with Knight’s Weapon and Armour. They spam a rapid-fire series of three bites, each doing 900-1200 damage if they Crit – and they seem to have a very high crit chance.

All I want to know… where is the reduction in their insane Health pools to compensate for these rather significant buffs? HoTW was always annoying because it takes forever to kill the bosses but the bosses were relatively easy to compensate. Now they are much harder and still retain their stupid HoTW trade mark; millions of Health.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Making challenging boss fights is hard but slapping some more 0’s on the end of damage/hp is easy.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Oglaf.1074

Another thing: the Jellyfish just before Sorge were upgraded from Veterans to Elites. This gave them a truckload more Health, yet they remain as numerous as when they were Veterans.

It just takes forever cutting your way through them now. When you upgraded them to Elites, you should’ve reduced their numbers accordingly.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think the changes are good.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Oglaf.1074

I think the changes are good.

You make such an elaborate and well thought-out argument there.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

ive been to hotw twice since the buff. before i did path2/3 only once for achievement and was running path1 daily… now it is just not worth it although i was runing path1 for tokens to get armor, not for ectos. the armor is just not worth the experience i get from the dungeon.

underwater combat… no ty. underwater boss… no words.

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I think those adds were supposed to be there from the start. The fact that you could interrupt his conversation and thus stop the adds from spawning was just some bug, or at least it sure does feel a bug.

If you’re having trouble, then try heading up the stairs and spread your group out on the left and right platforms above. Range him and drop any elites that stop by. /Cakewalk

As for the other content, I hardly noticed the change. I saw the vets get amped to elites, but that didn’t make it any different, imo.

It all just depends on your team.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

When was that change? I saw those barracuda like, weeks ago already. Also, just ignore them. The boss respawns them often anyway.

Oglaf.1074

I think those adds were supposed to be there from the start. The fact that you could interrupt his conversation and thus stop the adds from spawning was just some bug, or at least it sure does feel a bug.

I dunno about that. If that is the case, they didn’t fix it right: the adds tend to vanish mid-fight (just as you are about to kill them it feels like. grrr…) and reappear downstairs with full Health again. They need to fix their behavior and perhaps make them Veterans rather than Elites.

As for the other content, I hardly noticed the change. I saw the vets get amped to elites, but that didn’t make it any different, imo.

Time my friend. Time. The difficulty remains the same, but it just takes freaking forever to clear out all those Elites! It is like those two twin bosses (or should I say time-wasters?) on Huntsman’s path just before the “real” middle boss with the two quaggans.

When was that change? I saw those barracuda like, weeks ago already. Also, just ignore them. The boss respawns them often anyway.

I dunno when exactly, but I did HoTW waaaaay back in ancient times (HoTW was the first armour set I got after I had just hit lvl 80 with my main) and then he did not have these infinite Barracudas; only Jellyfishes.

Ignoring the Barracudas is a mistake due to their rather silly damage output, also.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I’m really hoping this isn’t a preview of what we can expect with the rest of the dungeon refreshes.

I just don’t do HOTW anymore.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Grenadier Engis are the kings and queens of HOTW.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Just wondering if this was in the patch notes?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Great, now I have to stay awake during those boss fights.

Damage sponges.

Are not.

Fun.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the most fun dungeon got even more fun?

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

weewt I got my armor set month ago already * dances *

Oglaf.1074

the most fun dungeon got even more fun?

It is a regular laugh riot!

Do you even lift, bro?

Malediktus.9250

Its good because the dungeon was too easy. I wish every dungeon would be as hard as arah path 1 or 4.

Oglaf.1074

Its good because the dungeon was too easy. I wish every dungeon would be as hard as arah path 1 or 4.

/facedesk

It is still a snooze-fest like no other dungeon in the game. They just changed stuff around for the worse.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Making challenging boss fights is hard but slapping some more 0’s on the end of damage/hp is easy.

This +1

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Malediktus.9250

/facedesk

It is still a snooze-fest like no other dungeon in the game. They just changed stuff around for the worse.

So why complain if its still easy? Want it to be another facepalm dungeon like CoF?

Oglaf.1074

The answer should be obvious. I’ve stated it multiple times.

Do you even lift, bro?

Malediktus.9250

It would be too good money if they have less health.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

If people wanted money they’d be in CoF or TA.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Oglaf.1074

You mean the gold vs. time spent would be on par with other dungeons? Yeah, I can see why we can’t have that!

Do you even lift, bro?

Khal Drogo.9631

You mean the gold vs. time spent would be on par with other dungeons? Yeah, I can see why we can’t have that!

It is on par with other dungeons without exploits except AC and COF. The only problem is you have to have a majority of glass cannon AOE DPSers (necros, eles, grenadiers engineers) etc. in your party.

Oglaf.1074

That is to say it isn’t on par.

Gotcha.

Do you even lift, bro?

Khal Drogo.9631

With asterisk noted above. Is running HOTW path 2 sub 30 min considered par?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I just did Arah P1 for the first time today. I wonder what went wrong between making Arah and making HotW. Arah has amazing, deep boss fights like Lupi, the jotun stargazer, and so on. HotW has…? Oh yeah. Quaggans with 999999 HP.

Even the more boring fights of Arah like Melandru, Simin, etc are just really good concepts executed poorly.

It’s like they ran out of time and just decided to take regular mobs and put 0’s on the end of their health bar. I say regular mobs because that’s how much damage they do.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Oglaf.1074

With asterisk noted above. Is running HOTW path 2 sub 30 min considered par?

If you have to have people in full Berseker’s to do it in the same time “normally geared” people do other dungeons it is hardly on par.

Do you even lift, bro?

Khal Drogo.9631

But thats my standard build for some of my classes regardless of dungeon. I am not really disagreeing with you, if they nerf the health etc like they did for COF path 1 boss, more players will do HOTW with me.

Malediktus.9250

Obviously the other dungeons must become harder too. But the devs cant fix everything at the same time.

Oglaf.1074

There you go using that word again:

Harder.

It isn’t hard. The only “hard” part in HoTW right now is Aldus Stormbringer because of his infinite adds, but even so there are bosses far harder than him in other dungeons, and to a lesser extent Sorge because of his Barracudas (if you’re short on underwater AoE).

Rest of it is just beating on the same beastie for nearly 15 minutes. Not hard, not challenging and definitely not fun.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

Played HotW path 1 just now after leaving the dungeon for so long and just found out about this new “improvement”

Is it harder? yes.
Can it be beaten? also yes.

But i agree with OP, the health pool needs to go down.

You know what happened during the run just now? Someone started kiting the adds while a few others ran to the top floor, ranged Aldus until he dies. Meh.

That’s not skill, if anything it was just prolonging the time to beat Aldus if you ask me. Not the solution we were hoping for.