Solo Arah...

Solo Arah...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Existencex.9712

Existencex.9712

So i’m curious in learning solo arah for my warrior any guides out their as far as armor/runes/build/food used etc… any tips and tricks for solo would be greatly appreciated or even someone willing to teach or duoing partner would be cool

(edited by Existencex.9712)

Solo Arah...

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Mentors-Noob/first

Second post, Arah Mentors. As one of the top soloers, Ivan The Grey will be able to give you full information and details in how to solo.

The rest of the soloers will be happy to help you in this post too. As a really bad Arah soloer myself, my only advice would be – don’t die.

Cheers

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Which profession are you the most comfortable with?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Solo Arah...

Existencex.9712

ahhhh forgot to mention this will be on my warrior

Solo Arah...

Thaddeus.4891

I’m solo more on my guardian but here some starting tips.

Arah path 2 is the easier to solo. Path 1 need 4 people for the Tar (but you can buy 3 helper for 1 gold each in the LFG just for that part, rest is soloable) and the Path 3 need some cleric gear to do the orb portion.

Some utilities/food that are good.
- Potion of Undead slaying should always be on you.
- For food, I prefer Omnomberry Ghost/Omnomberry Pie/Candied Dragon Roll for the added sustain. But some better dps food like Truffle Steak can be nice for Abomination (its a long fight, but super easy). I don’t like to swap food in the middle of my run unless i need too, but it’s an option.
- Harpy’s feather allow you to stealth you. You don’t need it, but it can help running some stuff, especially when you start. Since the change to stability, the last run of Arah path 2 can be super hard without stealth because of perma stun go through your stab in seconds.
- Pots of Hylek Potion give you switfness for when you run. The warrior don’t need it that much, but you can’t always switch your weapons to get that Sw/Warhorn kit to run faster. Solo are long, especially when you start, so all the speed you can get in between fight is super important.
- Fire elemental powder/ogre pet whistle give you a little boost in dps in some of the longer fight. Not needed, but can help a bit.

You will want to have as much dps as you can, so the standard 6/5/0/0/3 will do the job with berserker armor/trinket/weapons. For runes, Scholar won’t help you much since you won’t be at 90% of you hp much. Rune of Strength will be a better choice, but you can keep scholar if you have them and get a second armor set if you end up liking soloing dungeons.

For sigils and weapons there is different options depending on what you prefer. It’s always good to have different option. Force + Undead slaying for normal fight to Undead + Energy for more dodge oriented fight like Lupi. You should have GS + Axe/Mace for most of the time, but a Sw/Warhorn set for running and a offhand Sword (block) for lupi are good option to have.

Other than that look up youtube video of warrior solo.

Solo Arah...

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

http://www.twitch.tv/diabiosx/c/4189781

focus on how i do the trashruns without consumable help, all the fights are outdated so ignore those. Also the giant mob with the elite hunter right before Lupi, if you hit them while running pass, they will not teleport to you to the room with the blind turrets.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Solo Arah...

Existencex.9712

appreciate it i can make all the runs and everything its just the lupi solo is gonna be the hardest

thanks fierce appreciate the info, like anything with repetition ill learn it.

(edited by Existencex.9712)

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

appreciate it i can make all the runs and everything its just the lupi solo is gonna be the hardest

If you’re having trouble soloing lupi just load up on survival utilities (defiant stance, endure pain, endurance regen signet) take greatsword axe/sword (for riposte) and the trait that returns endurance when you use burst skills.

This sets you up with a buttload of dodges and tons of invlun. Once you get the mechanics of the fight down you can start removing the survival utils one by one and replacing them with damage boosts like banner/signet/fgj to make the fight go faster.

Also, you can start with sweet dragon rolls (gain health on crit) and maybe switch to a better dps one when you get used to the fight.

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Abstract.9258

Abstract.9258

the Path 3 need some cleric gear to do the orb portion.

this is not true here are some examples of how to do it in berserker gear. Miku Video on warrior – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Qm-lzOofc Also one on guardian from abe -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9y8c0963w

Corrupted Thunder / Pay me for Stealth

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Is hard to say here, but what worked for me in order to learn lupi is to use a survival bi with apothecary gear. I think it was dub who made the suggestion/joke. But to learn all yhe animations..it was the best approach.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Solo Arah...

Thaddeus.4891

the Path 3 need some cleric gear to do the orb portion.

this is not true here are some examples of how to do it in berserker gear. Miku Video on warrior – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Qm-lzOofc Also one on guardian from abe -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9y8c0963w

I don’t know why you put Guardian here since he’s on a warrior and that’s the profession I was talking about.

Miku use a Cleric Greatsword and Mango Pie to get througt it while saying that it’s not necessary to use them, but if you don’t you need to reach perfection to actually do it. Did you try running that without any cleric gear? That’s freaking hard and you fail more than you get it. Running it on a warrior wihtout any cleric gear is a nice challenge but you don’t do that if you try to learn how to solo (it gonna take you enough time already) or when you want to solo it to sell it.

Even on the guardian. You are always safer you use some cleric pieces to give you some room for error when you run solo almost everyday.

Solo Arah...

Abstract.9258

in Path 3 need some cleric gear to do the orb portion.

I don’t know why you put Guardian here since he’s on a warrior and that’s the profession I was talking about.

Miku use a Cleric Greatsword and Mango Pie to get througt it while saying that it’s not necessary to use them, but if you don’t you need to reach perfection to actually do it. Did you try running that without any cleric gear? That’s freaking hard and you fail more than you get it. Running it on a warrior wihtout any cleric gear is a nice challenge but you don’t do that if you try to learn how to solo (it gonna take you enough time already) or when you want to solo it to sell it.

Even on the guardian. You are always safer you use some cleric pieces to give you some room for error when you run solo almost everyday.

The Guardian video was aimed @ you because you said “I solo more on my guardian” so I thought it may interest you as were saying “in Path 3 you need some cleric gear to do the orb portion.” .

While I do not normally play warrior, I thought before I start saying I was wrong. I would go out of my way to see how hard it is to solo orbs without Clerics gear. Using just a Mago pie it took me 4 attempts I then did it 5 times in a row without failing to check I could do this consistently I am in no way perfect, so really it’s not that hard as long as you follow the guide.

(edited by Abstract.9258)

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I wouldn’t call it “hard” to do without clerics, just more reliable.

The reality is that it’s just… pure luck. As you can see in my guide video, I demonstrate that the light pulses on a global timer. If you happen to start at the exact moment in between the interval of the second passing, you’ll be fine but if you start just as it’s about to hit the next second on the timer then you’ll begin with the damage pulsing earlier.

To do this without clerics you need to be lucky and start at the perfect instance in time.

Now that I think about it I’m not even sure if mango pie even helps more so than rice ball would because it gives vitality. I may test it if I remember to.

Solo Arah...

Abstract.9258

I agree its more reliable, but is it not just a case of if you take damage to soon just drop the orb? Reset go again till you don’t It’s hardly it’s deal breaker if someone wants to learn to solo stuff

(edited by Abstract.9258)

Solo Arah...

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah you’re right. You still need to wait on GS rush cooldown every single time you try though which is very annoying.

Solo Arah...

Thaddeus.4891

That’s why I always bring some clerics ascended rings. They cost me nothing and make the run much more reliable.

Solo Arah...

Existencex.9712

appreciate the info guys just been keeping at it with trying to get lupi down as far as my progression goes i can pretty much get him to phase 2 no problem, might try a little more today