Solo Lupicus without Dodge

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dro.1047

Dro.1047

Hey everyone !

here is a solo Lupicus without dodge (except the #3 GS)

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

GS3 = Evade = Dodge

Doesn’t count. Reported.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I seriously don’t understand what you guys see in Healing Signet.

But good job!

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

But good job!

Healing signet= Best warrior skill
Why? 1 less thing to worry about during combat. You are getting constant heal and all you have to do is avoid fatal attacks = Invincible

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

But good job!

Why? 1 less thing to worry about during combat. You are getting constant heal and all you have to do is avoid fatal attacks = Invincible

Actually, Defiant Stance is invincibility for a few seconds, at least for non-condition damage.

Both heal skills have their uses.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

But good job!

Passive healing is the greatest luxury ever

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Defiant Stance is well and truly better for Lupicus.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Dro.1047

Dro.1047

Healing signet is probably the best for lupi because of the I in Arms which gives 40 precision

Wethospu.6437

Perhaps if you go for a record or have trouble pushing buttons. Otherwise, why use a lot weaker healing skill for a very minimal damage increase (Deep Strikes vs Rending Strikes)?

Defiant Stance has better HPS, better burst heal and allows you to even tank hits.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

How much does lupi heal for during life drain/drink? is it the same amount as the damage, and does he heal even through Defiant Stance?

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

Perhaps if you go for a record or have trouble pushing buttons. Otherwise, why use a lot weaker healing skill for a very minimal damage increase (Deep Strikes vs Rending Strikes)?

Defiant Stance has better HPS, better burst heal and allows you to even tank hits.

But good job!

Actually, Defiant Stance is invincibility for a few seconds, at least for non-condition damage.

Both heal skills have their uses.

When I said ‘invincible’ you know healing signet doesn’t really have such effect? I was simply trying to explain healing signet greatly improves users survival chance in combat.

Why healing signet is better than defiant stance during Lupi fight?

You only become invincible by relying on the skill effect ‘Defiant Stance’ not your own skill as a player. Rather than relying on your own skill to stay alive in combat you are putting all your hopes on ‘’Defiant Stance’’ timing. As a player you are risking your survival by putting all your hopes on trying to time that big attack to get your heal. I’d rather have everything under my own control and not rely on outside effects to improve my survival chance.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

You only become invincible by relying on the skill effect ‘Defiant Stance’ not your own skill as a player. Rather than relying on your own skill to stay alive in combat you are putting all your hopes on ‘’Defiant Stance’’ timing. As a player you are risking your survival by putting all your hopes on trying to time that big attack to get your heal. I’d rather have everything under my own control and not rely on outside effects to improve my survival chance.

10/10 cakes.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

play how i want

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I was told a few months ago that defiant stance on phase 3 doesn’t prevent him from healing off of you despite it healing you during his leeching attacks. I found this odd but nobody I asked at the time really knew so I just avoided it. Since his HP bar doesn’t really move at all I wasn’t really able to accurately test it.

I’m assuming that this is false based off of some of your responses… as it wouldn’t make sense for you guys to advocate its use here if what I was told was actually true :P

So it is probably the best overall heal to use when doing off-wall casual solos. If ever going for a speed kill, I’d never use it because it’s not instant cast and interrupts attacks. This is simply disruptive, though it’s pretty obvious that it heals more over time than signet does. Ideally you shouldn’t be taking damage at all though, so… doesn’t really matter.

In either case, I don’t really see the point in bothering. The only times I ever have problems on Lupi is when he either bugs on terrain and bubbles me when I’m 100bing him from directly beneath him (so… freaking… annoying…) or just straight up terrible RNG on phase 2>3 transition (you would be shocked to see how common it is for 4-5 aoes to simultaneously pile up on top of me and 1-shot me from full hp on the transition). Defiant stance is not useful if you can’t predict when you’re about to take damage, so meh.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

He removes conditions through defiant stance.

Dub | [rT]

Wethospu.6437

I take back my words. I always thought Lupicus healed based on damage taken but apparently it’s a flat amount so he heals through Defiant Stance.

For Life Drink it’s 1432 * 4 = 5728. While not much it’s a downside so I would say that Healing Signet is better for wall solos and Defiant Stance is better for off-wall solos.

I was told a few months ago that defiant stance on phase 3 doesn’t prevent him from healing off of you despite it healing you during his leeching attacks. I found this odd but nobody I asked at the time really knew so I just avoided it. Since his HP bar doesn’t really move at all I wasn’t really able to accurately test it.

I’m assuming that this is false based off of some of your responses… as it wouldn’t make sense for you guys to advocate its use here if what I was told was actually true :P

So it is probably the best overall heal to use when doing off-wall casual solos. If ever going for a speed kill, I’d never use it because it’s not instant cast and interrupts attacks. This is simply disruptive, though it’s pretty obvious that it heals more over time than signet does. Ideally you shouldn’t be taking damage at all though, so… doesn’t really matter.

In either case, I don’t really see the point in bothering. The only times I ever have problems on Lupi is when he either bugs on terrain and bubbles me when I’m 100bing him from directly beneath him (so… freaking… annoying…) or just straight up terrible RNG on phase 2>3 transition (you would be shocked to see how common it is for 4-5 aoes to simultaneously pile up on top of me and 1-shot me from full hp on the transition). Defiant stance is not useful if you can’t predict when you’re about to take damage, so meh.

Use Defiant Stance at transition then And it’s not like Healing Signet would have saved you either.