Solo or duo dungeons.

Solo or duo dungeons.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tohbais.5714

Tohbais.5714

I would love to see some small repeatable instances that are specifically for solo or pair play. I enjoy the dungeons but i really do not like having to get five people every single time. Like if your guild is not on or you don’t feel like something that complicated there is rarely any really good solo content to do unless a specific event is up or you feel like riding the fail train around queensdale.

I think something about fractal in size with a difficulty of solo, or duo would be nice. It would not offer as many rewards as a full dungeon but would still offer some nice loot and maybe a few marks. Make the marks scaled down to about the difference in normal time to avoid it being spammed over 5 man for marks or sum such.

Furthermore myself and a growing number of people hate doing normal dungeons because it is nearly impossible to find a good group if you don’t bring them yourselves. Smaller and solo dungeons would be a great addition to guild wars 2.

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

You can solo arah.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Not only arah. theoretically u can solo everything which doesnt require a certain number of ppl like the cof p1 gate, the arah p1 tar and the aetherblade ooze thing etc.

Blùb [LuPi]

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Tohbais.5714

Tohbais.5714

I don’t mean to sound noobish but, i don’t know what any of those things are. Do you have to be like…100% elite to solo them?

Solo or duo dungeons.

Ram Banson.4081

whats “100% elite” ?

Blùb [LuPi]

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

whats “100% elite” ?

100% elite is, always exploit.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Solo or duo dungeons.

Ram Banson.4081

well i dont call exploiting dungeons “soloing” it is exploiting dungeons.
But maybe im the only one cause there are alot of “teachers” who “teach” arah path 2 “solo” were only a necro/ele/mesmer/thief is allowed.

Blùb [LuPi]

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

But maybe im the only one cause there are alot of “teachers” who “teach” arah path 2 “solo” were only a necro/ele/mesmer/thief is allowed.

This is new! :O

Btw, colesy, no thank you. I prefer duo in Arah :>

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Attachments:

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I duod FotM level 29 with somebody that I had just met via livestream once. I rolled for underwater ruins and pretty much solod it all (they died very early on the boss encounter; pretty much the only part that they contributed to aside from the last cage of krait at the start was the part where you turn into a dolphin).

We then got Ascalonian city. Pretty much the whole time I’d use endure pain, defiant stance, signet of fury + BoD. WB because of how crucial it was to have the NPC’s soak damage for you.

Thaumanoval was third. It kind of sucked because the east reactor or whatever with the asuras that you were supposed to rescue bugged out and we couldn’t open the last door.

Jade maw was last, which was easy as usual.

It took a good few hours, but it was a hell of a nice challenge. I encourage you to try it OP. There are a few fractals that cannot be completed with only two, like swamp (unless you’re a very skilled thief and use shadow trap + watchwork ports for the wisps like Sanderinoa) and dredge. I know for a fact that certain bosses like Mai Trin CAN be solod but it’d be extremely tough to.

It’s kind of sad, but all of these boss fights are amazing and truly engaging fights when you’re alone but in a group sometimes you barely even have to know what’s going on at all due to how trivialized it becomes. This is mostly applicable to dungeon bosses, for example TA up’s Fyonna or Fwd’s Leurent, where people commonly stack and don’t know much of what’s going on at all. However as an example of how this is the case in FotM as well, I had absolutely no idea why people were always luring the Jellyfish Beast to the light sources in underwater ruins until I tried soloing. Those little adds are satanic… within seconds you’ll be at 25 stacks of vuln > dead if you don’t stay away from them.

Try duoing / soloing. It’s a lot of fun

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Can duo swamp no problem with a thief or mesmer though.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Solo or duo dungeons.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ Sandy’s level ^^!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids