Soloing Caudecus Manor EM on butler path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Edit : Okay I changed the message here because I’m tired of debate about elementalist and dungeons difficulty

Set to 1080px!!!
Took me about 2 hours to do, 20 minutes per boss.
My spec is 0/10/0/30/30, support with healing/power/thoughness gear for the most part.

Enjoy!!!

(edited by snaplemouton.1294)

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

So if you can’t solo them does that means the dungeon is hard enough?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

snaplemouton.1294

So if you can’t solo them does that means the dungeon is hard enough?

All dungeons are easy imo. Just need a group of people that know what they are doing and work well together and everything is a breeze.

I’ll be trying to solo other dungeons and paths but some won’t be possible (CoE with the 5 billion health pool boss that freeze you in an arcane prison can’t be done without a teleport every 15-20 seconds)

Posted by: AusterlitZ.7941

AusterlitZ.7941

who turns down eles for dungeons?i have never heard of this before,they are the best support class in the game,2 aoe water field heals,the biggest aoe condi remover in the game,aoe slow,aoe cripple,aoe immobilize,reflect aura,fire fields,biggest dmg aoe in the game,can resurrect 3 people,etc.Let’s not forget about tornado,best skill in the game for some encounters

Posted by: apokalypze.3741

apokalypze.3741

Question:
What’s that awesome music you used for the clip? :p
And nice run. Which traits did you use btw?

(edited by apokalypze.3741)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Now that this obvious flaw in the npc AI has been discovered, I’d expect Anet to fix it shortly.

As for dungeons being easy, some are…maybe. Some, like the boss you just mentioned, aren’t.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

snaplemouton.1294

Some people turn down elementalist because elem is subpar in sPvP. But theses people usually never make it far in dungeons. I know elem is the best support in the game. Elem is probably the best for PvE in the game because of all the different combos it offer.

Musics are at the end of the video, the first music is “Cowboys Fringants : Paris – MontrĂ©al”.
My spec is 0 fire/10 air (III)/0 earth/30 water (I, V, IX)/30 arcane (V, VIII, XI).

Nah that subject alpha boss is easy too. Just can’t be soloed. His AoEs are extremely easy to avoid and you just need 1 or 2 defensive to survive in the arcane prison if your group does their job no one should die on the encounter.

Posted by: LeoDeSol.7604

LeoDeSol.7604

I wouldn’t want to run a dungeon with anyone stupid enough to turn down a elementalist… best support class in the game, not to mention respectable dps and ability to increase everyone else survival and dps.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

1: exploiting flawed AI, does not mean that “dungeons are easy”
2: only time ele’s are turned down fro dungeons is when they’re badly built glasscannons
3: the sheer time it took to do this, was ridiculous lol, whilst I applaud your adventurous nature, I question both the point, and your sanity xD

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

I’m not one to stroke another man’s kitten, but I think that on this occasion… stroke

I really need those beetlerun tokens, pain to find a group though. When I do, they’re generally pugs that don’t do very well…

For example, I’ll mark the bombers as target and they’ll go run off killing the rifleman >.>

snaplemouton.1294

Like I said somewhere else, they could make an AI as good as they can, they’ll still be left with a pattern that can be easily beaten in some way.
It require something specifically made to require more then 1 person to do (IE, opening the door in Arah story mode for the first boss) to stop people from soloing something unless you simply take too much damage without possibility to avoid it..

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

Anyone can do it with sufficient ranged ccs and ground target aoes.

snaplemouton.1294

So I tried to solo Arah explorable on the forgetten path. Manage to get up to the Giganticus lupus. (Third boss that every path lead to.) This boss isn’t soloable in any ways.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Maybe phase 2 and 3 but I just don’t see how you can get past phase 1 solo without him ending up with so much toughness that you do only 0-1dmg per hit to him xD

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

snaplemouton.1294

The problem is the swarms and the knockdown. Even if I manage to dodge his breath 15 times in a row as soon as I fail to dodge it I die from being eaten alive by the 100 mobs following me.
The power/thoughness buff doesn’t help either.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

People don’t want elementalists in dungeons coz the most of them are fire eles saying that they’re using only fire stance, because they’re traited only for fire skills (bullkitten, you always have more than 30 trait points). I know not every elementalist is like that, but the noobish majority is ruining reputation of this class
I had like 2-3 runs with fire elementalists, never saw them changing stances or using 6-0 skills which would really help the party. When I pointed benefits from switching stances they said I’m noob who never played elementalist and they’re using the only good stance and making the best dmg in whole party. But the problem is they were dying all the time and making less dmg than anyone else
Now I’m asking every elementalist about overall build and tactics, ignoring every single of them would be sometimes huge loss. Still, there are very few good elementalists around :<

snaplemouton.1294

I don’t think it’s mostly for that reason, because bad players can be every professions.
I’d say that because in sPvP elementalist are a free kill 99% of the time and there is so many QQ threads about how UP elementalist are, people believe that elementalist are gonna be crap in PvE. Hell… people even ask for a buff to elementalist in PvE… The elementalist forum is a sad place I tell you.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What it really surprise me is all those people continuing to pretend is normal to be required to be an 80 full geared ele and exploit IA to play in a lvl 40 dungeon o__O

Yeah we know you require 70 traits to play easy dungeons otherwise you get oneshot….

Just for a change let us see a party of lvl 40 RANDOM group of good players….

After all the game says every class can do anything and support classes are not required…..

p.S. and without all those traits you get oneshot so it doesn t make lot of difference having a party or not :|

For all thse player talking of bad builds…come on lets remove customization after all we just need 0/10/0/30/30 and similar…..
Lets make elementalist progress with a single line because otherwise players are bad….its not that customization should lead to different working possibilities…….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

snaplemouton.1294

… what?

I did Caudecus Manor with a group of level 4x, 5x with only me at level 80 and they were having no problem handling themselves. No one shot ever. I think only one of them died once. Of course I was there with my level 80 but in the end, everything is doable and actually easy for anyone that bother to do more then press 1 2 and 3 like in WoW.
And for builds… 0/10/0/30/30 is my build for PvE because I like it. I could run 10/10/10/10/15 for all it matter. (And yes it actually work. And it’s a very good build when using a mix of every stats)

Posted by: prozakc.3940

prozakc.3940

Great video snaple
+1

(edited by prozakc.3940)

snaplemouton.1294

Great video snaple