Soloing Korga the Mighty (Arah P1)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ma dedicate this thread to discussion of a neglected boss that deserves more attention imo.

It makes me sad that this boss is optional just like Kholer in AC P1… hardly anyone ever kills him but he’s actually a really fun fight! I managed to get him to about 1/5 hp with no armor before but I got greedy with trying to get the last hit off on 100b. With no armor on it’s 1-hit & cya.

I want to know if anybody else bothers to fight him ever? When I solo Arah P1 I’m not in a hurry to make gold I’m there to have fun and kick kitten . The toughest part about soloing this is dealing with the NPC and getting Korga to revive all the corpses.

If you lose aggro on a revived gorilla it’ll despawn but SOMETIMES a corpse will respawn and you’ll have to repeat the process which gets pretty bothersome.

Korga has a few attacks, which I’ll list below.

First of all he always begins combat interaction with a charge that leads to a roar. When he roars a white ring appears around him and any corpse that’s within the ring will be revived from the dead and start harrassing you. It’s horrible to fight with even one of them alive because they can do 7 second knockdowns. The corpses are revived at the exact same time that he throws two rocks which deal quite a lot of damage but can be blocked/evaded.

I always take the opportunity to get a 100b off and time my whirlwind at the same time that he throws the rocks. If you don’t mess up you’ll fully evade even the possibility of him following through with a punch (he has a chance of punching the ground after a charge which will knock you back and down).

He also charges a second time but after the second time he will either do nothing or once again, punch the ground. I always use sword offhand #5 to block in case he does and try to make sure I get a cripple on him with axe #3 right as he’s about to charge.

The most important part about the fight is making sure you’re standing on the appropriate side of him so that he doesn’t rush off into the distance and revive corpses… but also you want to keep him crippled so that it hinders the distance he travels.

Assuming you do everything properly you should be able to get a full 100b off on him or at least close to the last hit before having to whirlwind.

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3570180

^
Here is my best attempt so far, 5:38 and I know it can be done much faster but it’s actually pretty tough going for a sub-5 solo of this boss… like, really tough tbh.

I encourage people to try it out instead of just skipping him… it’s rather fun

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

When I do arah p1 with my guild mates we usually have a go at him after we finished for the people that want to. Most of the time it’s duo’ing him, at a rare occasion we are with 3. The knockbacks are really annoying the first few times IMO but once I got used to his attacks I agree that he’s actually quite fun.

Posted by: waxpax.6350

waxpax.6350

I think Vix solo’d korga shortly after he and obal first duo’d korga. No idea what his time was or if he even recorded it though.

Purple Miku.7032

Oh okay I don’t know who that is but I’m glad there are others out there trying it then

An idea that I had which I posted on another thread was that maybe the entrance to the room with those 2 champ spiders and all the elites (where you get the two crystals) could be shut off and only unlocked once Korga is defeated. Korga would die and the waypoint would appear.

Along with the waypoint, the Staff of Radiance would appear by the loot chest AFTER he dies and you would have to use its ability on an object by or on the door for it to open.

I think it would be a great addition to the path because it’s already too easy as it is… last boss you can almost AFK with a mirror and he dies :/

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Oh okay I don’t know who that is but I’m glad there are others out there trying it then

An idea that I had which I posted on another thread was that maybe the entrance to the room with those 2 champ spiders and all the elites (where you get the two crystals) could be shut off and only unlocked once Korga is defeated. Korga would die and the waypoint would appear.

Along with the waypoint, the Staff of Radiance would appear by the loot chest AFTER he dies and you would have to use its ability on an object by or on the door for it to open.

I think it would be a great addition to the path because it’s already too easy as it is… last boss you can almost AFK with a mirror and he dies :/

Dunno, I personally don’t mind bosses to be optional. TBH as someone who regularly PUGs arah and usually with less than optimal teams… I like skipping him on those runs. He’s still there for your enjoyment and other people who don’t like him don’t have to put up with the fight.

Purple Miku.7032

I like pug runs (with Arah mostly) more than experienced runs because I find it more fun (and hilarious with elite mobs getting aggroed everywhere lmao) when it’s not just stack and DPS everything in 5-10 seconds.

I do get what you mean but in a normal pug run with Arah P1 you wouldn’t be able to set up a Korga solo by the time they’re done with reflect crystals on the skygazer apparition… it takes some time to get all the corpses revived and despawned before you can start fighting. Unless you hosted instance, you probably won’t get your chance

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

When I was with a team that finally defeated him I got 1 x blue 2 x green drops. That is why no one does Korga. It (he/she) is not overlooked..we can all see them, we just don’t care. There is just no reward for taking on one of the toughest bosses in game.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Korga was actually the first dungeon boss I ever soloed after finishing a run, admittedly I just kited him with staff ele so it was easy and only tedious. His mechanics are pretty cool and I wish there was more incentive to actually kill him.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Purple Miku.7032

When I was with a team that finally defeated him I got 1 x blue 2 x green drops. That is why no one does Korga. It (he/she) is not overlooked..we can all see them, we just don’t care. There is just no reward for taking on one of the toughest bosses in game.

I understand that. I don’t like fractals very much because of the same reason… I just don’t make money from it at all and the rewards are useless once you get your rings (I guess if you really like the fractal weapon skins… but I don’t. They look too play-doh-ish to me).

We all have our different preferences and I personally am just obsessed with Arah. =P

I guess I just wanted to make it known to others that sometimes skipping bosses means skipping a lot of potential fun and challenge to be had.