Some people.

Some people.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I joined a pug group, with 3 spots left asking for warriors and a mesmer, so I thought eh why not and joined.

Then 2 engis joined, neither swapped to the classes that was requested, I point out they are not the classes, get told to stop crying.

So I replied I find it sad people can’t read, and I’m not crying. (Non description readers are REALLY annoying.)

So I just left, out of principle. And one had the nerve to whisp me "i can read, i just don’t care what you little (Homophobic comment) wants.

Don’t know why I felt the need to post this, buy it made me go “Errr what?”

I’m no saint, by any means with pugging, but being THAT rude? Like come on, seriously?

(edited by Khenzo.2465)

Some people.

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Just leave, really. I’ve kicked a bunch of these ignorant peeps who refuse to change classes despite precise description of the lfg. They can play how they want, and I’ll play how I want.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Some people.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I guess people just join any group available – Because I run into your issue quite abit & I ask ‘did you read description’? I don’t kick them though unless it’s really THAT bad – I only kick the players who are new to dungeons & don’t say anything about them being new until halfway through & they get an attitude when I want to know why didn’t they say anything at 1st, that irks me so badly- like if they’d just say ‘Hey, I’m new’ that’s fine! I don’t mind helping if they’d take a moment to let me know they were new.

Some people.

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

There are people in this world that feel so strongly about their opinions that they feel it’s their duty to “change” everybody else’s mind, and they do that by shoving their beliefs in other people’s faces. In this case, there is a group of people who use the LFG system that feel that it’s wrong to ask for a specific level range, class , or build, and so they protest it in the only way they can- by ignoring you and being obnoxious about it.
There’s also the group of people that feel that selling paths is wrong, and so they take it on themselves to kick the instance owner from his own dungeon when he tries to sell it. It’s not against the rules, but they think it should be, and of course, they know best because they have some sort of moral crusade behind them. Both of these groups of players fall under the same category of people as the protesters who stand outside planned parenthood shouting insults and telling everybody that goes into the store that they’re going to hell.

Chasind is also right though- especially because the text gets cut off if the LFG description is too long, and so some people might see something like “LF2m p3, 80s experienced only… need elementalist” and only actually read “LF2M p3, 80s experienc…” I’ve actually widened my window significantly so I can always read the entire description before I join a group.

Some people.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I have learned to ignore rudeness by people like that since the beginning of time. lol

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Some people.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

They never read and never will, unless you state very clearly that they are getting a KICK if they don’t respect what you ask for. But even then, you will still find people joining, then, once kicked, they will come here on forum, being all QQ “kittens heartless monsters kicked me from party without a reason in the world” . It’s the story of the world.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Some people.

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Nothing works against this sort of people. Capital letters, writing class requirements first… nothing. Some people don’t even read which path you intend to do and just assume you are going for the easiest one, and if not, you should (regardless of whether you have done it already).

Also starting your own party alone is not advisable. Get a guildie who will help you kick bads, or just wait for a good looking party to appear on LFG (I usually wait until I see a zerk run with several warriors already in the party and then just spice it up with my ele/mesmer/ranger/whatever I feel like playing).

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Some people.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

thats why we have kick buttons.

#ELEtism

Some people.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Just be firm with PUGS.

My LFGs usually scare away vermin. Be very up front with it and include things like, “READ: PX/Y/Z Speed Clear only DPS, Do X,Y,Z – Get Kick”

Sometimes you get a random join. Ask them if they read. I have never once had anyone reply. They stay silent. Then comes the kick.

For someone like you described, I can’t even imagine how fast that kick would be.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Some people.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Just be firm with PUGS.

My LFGs usually scare away vermin. Be very up front with it and include things like, “READ: PX/Y/Z Speed Clear only DPS, Do X,Y,Z – Get Kick”

Sometimes you get a random join. Ask them if they read. I have never once had anyone reply. They stay silent. Then comes the kick.

For someone like you described, I can’t even imagine how fast that kick would be.

Try to keep the important stuff up the front, because the lfg listing only shows the first part. If you need full zerk, say that before speed run.

Other than that, yeah, I agree. People should read. I am more than happy to run with a group that is still learning (unless they just don’t listen), but if I join a group with a set of conditions stipulated I stick to them, and I expect others to as well. The most annoying example of this was joining a group that said TA forward, and everyone but me and the original poster (who opened) picked up. Instance creator left, everyone loses.

Some people.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Moving cursors over LFG posts is for scrubs, let’s join this party because half of it didn’t show up!

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Some people.

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Well, this happened, happens and will happen again, so what.

Some people.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

This. Absolutely this. I wanted to make a topic about it for quite some time now.
It sure is getting more and more common that people just simply don’t read or just ignore the “requirements”.
I’m no elitist and i actually like helping new players, but when i want to do a speedrun with zerkers, i put it in description and it’s there for a reason, so kittenin read it!

Some people.

Pip.2094

Not even the fact that LFG doesn’t show the whole adv is the real problem, people won’t read, they just won’t! You can as well go “P1 GUARD” and an everything-but-a-guardian will always be ready to join. Just to make an example.
As far as I saw, not even “gearcheck” will work..was in a party that required full zerk with gearcheck. Only God knows how many clerics/knight/people that won’t link gear were kicked on that day.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Some people.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Not even the fact that LFG doesn’t show the whole adv is the real problem, people won’t read, they just won’t! You can as well go “P1 GUARD” and an everything-but-a-guardian will always be ready to join. Just to make an example.
As far as I saw, not even “gearcheck” will work..was in a party that required full zerk with gearcheck. Only God knows how many clerics/knight/people that won’t link gear were kicked on that day.

Some people would actually link zerker set that they prepared and wear ptv.

Some people.

Pip.2094

But at least, they will respect the “Zerker gearcheck” part, after all, no one requires to wear that armor, just to have it and let them check :P

\||||||/
O°v°O

Some people.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I’ve only seen someone do that a handful of times, and it’s noticeable very quickly and they get a swift kick.

Some people.

Khenzo.2465

This, just this. I pugged the lfg again tonight. Seen a need warrior/x/x – gearcheck or kick group. Joined it, things did go really, really well, some of the fastest dungeon clears I’ve done using the lfg tool.

……But, sometimes the amount of people we went through to get someone who match what our “leader” set as a descrip was disgusting.

Was waiting for a guard in se, I think it was, and the first line you could SEE said “lf 1 guard”, so a warrior joins. The party leader asked if they had a guard they intended to swap to, the reply? “no ;(” just go away, seriously. And that was after a gearlinking dodging guardian, who finally linked after several requests (the descrip said zerk guard) their gear? full blown soldiers and soldier runes.

So I feel your pain XD

Some people.

Khenzo.2465

But you can see the skin on linked gear, can you not? Now unless they have 2 armour and weapon sets that are identical skin wise this shouldn’t happen. And I’ve never seen or heard of a player using 2 identical looking gear sets, so. D’x

Some people.

Pip.2094

But you can see the skin on linked gear, can you not? Now unless they have 2 armour and weapon sets that are identical skin wise this shouldn’t happen. And I’ve never seen or heard of a player using 2 identical looking gear sets, so. D’x

You can never know, they become cunning as they fail to pass the gearchecks

\||||||/
O°v°O

Some people.

Khenzo.2465

You can never know, they become cunning as they fail to pass the gearchecks

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if some people do this. Rofl

Some people.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Also I’ve stopped pugging altogether by getting in a good guild. It was one of the things I needed the most I pugged before and it was awful.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

(edited by Moderator)

Some people.

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

Reminds me of the time my friend wanted to do a CoF path 2 with non-heavy professions. He sets up the lfg, and right then and there, a warrior joins, gets kicked immediately, followed by another warrior, and another, and then a thief, then a guardian, all of the heavy armor guys were kicked, and we eventually get a party with medium or lower armor. During the group gathering part, all I could think of was “How many people do not read the description?”. Also, the run was awesome. Fairly smooth run except for the part where everyone forgot to have the asura collect the ore, so we were stuck for a few minutes before it occurred to anyone we didn’t do that bit.

Some people.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Anyway, you see, as long as dumb and rude people exist out there, I will not look for puggies on my own unless I’m forced to. All the times I’ve asked a pug warrior to slot Battle Standard for final bosses, they never ever seem to realise I’m talking to them, even if they’re the only warrior around. It would be fine if there was a properly specced LH ele, but the chance of getting one outside CoE is rather low.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Moderator)

Some people.

Pip.2094

You guys are making me wonder what future games would be like… all pictures, no text? Like they say, a picture paints a thousand words?

Anyway, you see, as long as dumb and rude people exist out there, I will not look for puggies on my own unless I’m forced to. All the times I’ve asked a pug warrior to slot Battle Standard for final bosses, they never ever seem to realise I’m talking to them, even if they’re the only warrior around. It would be fine if there was a properly specced LH ele, but the chance of getting one outside CoE is rather low.

This is nothing. Try to be a warrior in a team with a few more pug-warriors, tag your banner of Discipline, wait for the boss fight and see how many more green banners will be placed all happily around yours.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Some people.

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

I wonder when people will realize that stacking warriors is just bad.

Some people.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its not bad, its just not optimal. :P

Some people.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Its not bad, its just not optimal. :P

We should stack necros, this would be OP

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Some people.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

WTB stack of necros. Might even make the 30 minute cooldown they put on pet summon consumables worthwhile.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Some people.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well i think some people need to lower their expectation with pugs. I understand the part where people don’t read. Its a freaking plague. How many time people doing the path for the first time joined my Speed Run LFG.

But I don’t agree with people kicking or screaming over pug for things that wasn’t in the description. If the Elementalist don’t put Fiery Greatsword, tagging Banner to make sure each warrior have its own, LH Elementalist, Battle Standard, etc. These are some specific stuff that not everybody do. In my guild i have people to do speed run and we do all those things, but i don’t expect them from pugs even when i ask for a speed run. I may ask for them, but I’m never mad if they don’t do it. It a pug, maybe its someone that have an hard time with English, someone that just don’t read the chat often when they play, someone that don’t know what FGS is (you can know Fiery Greatsword but not FGS).

But again this is only my point of view and everyone have its own. Some people can’t stand any requirement, other are like me and other want pugs that join speed run being able to play and know as good as they do.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Some people.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I don’t think lowering your expectations is the right way honestly.

If someone makes a clear description of what they expect or want in their group it is my responsibility to not join that group if I don’t meet those requirements or don’t want to play that way.

Like in so many aspects of life, communication is the key. But communication works from both ends, sender and receiver. The key should be to raise awareness to what is clearly posted in a group’s description.
If you are uncomfortable with what you see, don’t join and instead promote your own group with your expectations (or lack thereof).

I do recognize the problem of what actually constitutes as an adequate description of your expectations. In an environment as the LFG tool giving a long winded explanation about playstyles is not exactly viable, I agree. But usually such kinks can be worked out with a brief chat before you start the run, if you fell like there’s a need to clarify.
I’m aware that all this talking is a bit counterproductive to the entire “speed”
run thingy, but I honestly prefer an additional minute of communication opposed to 10+ minutes of frustration.

On the other hand of course that means that somenoe who hast not put in any kind of specifics as to what they want in their group’s description offers a free for all. And without the effort of clearly signalling what they wish for removes a large portion of their right to complain imo. At least about certain factors.

Language barriers of course are a different matter I have to admit and I encountered a couple of problems myself in that regard.

Edit: Despite my signature I had to correct at least a few of the more horrible typos I made. Made even my eyes bleed to look at some of them.

Edit 2: Forgot a little something: If you do join a group with little or no description, then don’t expect them to do things the way you know/expect them to do it. And you may be disappointed if they don’t take well meaning advice, but remember: You joined a free for all. You did. Of your own accord.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Some people.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You guys are making me wonder what future games would be like… all pictures, no text? Like they say, a picture paints a thousand words?

This is nothing. Try to be a warrior in a team with a few more pug-warriors, tag your banner of Discipline, wait for the boss fight and see how many more green banners will be placed all happily around yours.

Jesus christ that p*sses me off so much. I don’t understand why people wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to take along an extra signet. Once I know there’s already a BoD and BoS sorted out on the team, I pop signet of might or On My Mark depending on whether or not we’re up to a boss yet.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Some people.

Pip.2094

I don’t think lowering your expectations is the right way honestly.

If someone makes a clear description of what they expect or want in their group it is my responsibility to not join that group if I don’t meet those requirements or don’t want to play that way.

Like in so many aspects of life, communication is the key. But communication works from both ends, sender and receiver. The key should be to raise awareness to what is clearly posted in a group’s description.
If you are uncomfortable with what you see, don’t join and instead promote your own group with your expectations (or lack thereof).

I do recognize the problem of what actually constitutes as an adequate description of your expectations. In an environment as the LFG tool giving a long winded explanation about playstyles is not exactly viable, I agree. But usually such kinks can be worked out with a brief chat before you start the run, if you fell like there’s a need to clarify.
I’m aware that all this talking is a bit counterproductive to the entire “speed”
run thingy, but I honestly prefer an additional minute of communication opposed to 10+ minutes of frustration.

On the other hand of course that means that somenoe who hast not put in any kind of specifics as to what they want in their group’s description offers a free for all. And without the effort of clearly signalling what they wish for removes a large portion of their right to complain imo. At least about certain factors.

Language barriers of course are a different matter I have to admit and I encountered a couple of problems myself in that regard.

Edit: Despite my signature I had to correct at least a few of the more horrible typos I made. Made even my eyes bleed to look at some of them.

Edit 2: Forgot a little something: If you do join a group with little or no description, then don’t expect them to do things the way you know/expect them to do it. And you may be disappointed if they don’t take well meaning advice, but remember: You joined a free for all. You did. Of your own accord.

Agree with everything you said! And about your edit #2: Went to have a relaxed TA run with a friend, allowed anyone to join, didn’t put any description but what path we were doing. A dude joins and starts to insult and speaking of noob-team. Insta-kick, since the description didn’t speak of speed-runs, all 80s, all experienced.

\||||||/
O°v°O