Some questions about DR.

Some questions about DR.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Q:

Hi everyone, I am quite new to running the same dungeon multiple times in a row (CoF Path 1) and earlier today I noticed that after a few runs my money that I got at the end halved, so I guess this was DR (it says on the wiki that for every point of DR you have it halves your rewards). So here are my questions, I understand if people don’t know the answers.

1. How long does it take for DR to wear off?

2. Is DR independent depending on the dungeon path (eg. If I get 1 point of DR on path 1, will I have DR on path 2?).

Thanks all.

Some questions about DR.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

A:

a timer will start when you complete a dungeon (get the reward at the end), this timer will last for 2 hours, if you complete a 5th dungeon in this time you will hit DR and recieve nerfed rewards. DR affects all dungeon paths.

Some questions about DR.

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

you also receive DR quickly for doing the same path in that time period

Some questions about DR.

Posted by: Aleph Naught.9034

Aleph Naught.9034

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Dungeons have been a central issue with diminishing returns due to their large rewards and ability to be repeated. DR will trigger if the dungeon is completed consecutively and/or in under 30 minutes. This obviously affects teams that can clear a certain dungeon mode rapidly. DR will trigger if players cycle between two dungeon modes, even if the dungeons are different. A simple method to avoid this is to do all three explorable paths in order. DR affects all rewards for completing the dungeon and any chests that spawn in the dungeon. For every point of DR, dungeon rewards will be cut in half until reaching a minimum value. This will include:

Dungeon tokens
Experience
Coin
Not sure if it’s entirely accurate, though – we did a pretty fast full AC run the other day (1-2-3) and got reduced rewards for path 3.

Mild Delirium | Innuendum [ENDO] | Gandara