Some questions about Giganticus Lupicus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I’ve only gotten the opportunity to run this dungeon once, and the group I ran it with wanted to do the whole lead him to waypoint thing. As a result, I didn’t really get to see many mechanics of the fight very well before it devolved into a zerg fest, so I went off and watched a video of someone clearing it. It’s left me with a few questions that I’d appreciate if someone could answer them. I don’t think I’ll be running Arah very often (mainly because there’s nothing from that dungeon I actually want, except maybe the Longbow if it didn’t freakin clip straight through my butt), but I’m still curious about a few mechanics.

1) Giganticus Lupicus’s single target attack (the single wavy green bolt aimed at one person). Is there a way to dodge it consistently without burning endurance? The videos I’ve seen usually either burn endurance to avoid it or just eat the thing, lol. This thing was probably the most annoying thing to me about this fight, weirdly enough. Does constant strafing dodge it (like how you can just strafe left and right against archer enemies to bug their aim)?

2) Giganticus Lupicus’s AoE bolt spewing of doom. This might sound kind of funny, but are the AoE ground indicators accurate? Obviously, not standing inside the circles is the smart thing to do, but I felt like sometimes I got tagged while I was clearly out of the indicators. I’m not sure if it’s because the indicators are inaccurate, or if I just simply got tagged with a single target bolt after he was done with his vomit storm. In the video I’m watching, there are many times where the bolts are clearly landing off center or even outside of the ground indicator, and it seems like the player is getting hit when she should be safe as well.

3) Giganticus Lupicus’s weird little poison bubble dome. Is it worth it to bring a stun breaker against it that doesn’t grant stability or teleport you out of it? I was relying on Shake It Off going into the fight, which immediately stun breaks but doesn’t actually move you anywhere. When I got caught in the bubble, I’d use Shake It Off and get up, but get knocked back down again before I could get out. Should I have just replaced Shake It Off with Balanced Stance? Is it even worth bringing Shake It Off into this fight? Furthermore, will you be continually knocked down as long as you’re in the bubble, or does that only happen when you try to run through the edge?

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Sorry I cant answer fully since im shooting stuff in my dungeon whilst answering here

1) If you have increased movement speed/ a pet/spirit/npc following you. You wont get hit by the autos most of the time. Other than that, you need to dodge:/ All I can say is, the auto attack doesnt follow you. It does miss from time to time. This may be feature or bug.

2) The indicators sometimes do bug out. It doesnt show certain areas that are targetted with AOE circles. ALso, if you stand in front of the landing spot, it will also hit you. Safest way to avoid getting hit is to stand behind the AOE circles as there is a range for these AOE circles. OR just dodge into one of these circles, it will count as an evade.

3)Stability will allow you to escape this yes, but generally with 20kish HP. 1 Heal whilst in this glob, you will generally survive. You can also dodge these spheres before they are cast, but stability definatly gets you out of harms way here. A Rangers “Rampage as one” for example will get you out of the bubble.

Hope it helped!

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

Hrm, so for his AoE vomit, if you can be hit while standing in front of the circle, does that mean that every one of those is actually a projectile and thus can be reflected?

Posted by: spoonybard.5612

spoonybard.5612

1) Couple ways to avoid this without dodging. It zig zags so it is possible to strafe dodge it, though it is unreliable. You can block it, with aegis or if you have blocking move. You can also reflect it since it is a projectile. I am a mesmer and had great success using mirror as a heal to keep my alive and survive the random bolt coming at me.

2. The AOE circles are accurate most of the time, it just when he uses AOE spray in Phase 2 he also launches the regular bolt attack which have the same look. So it hard to tell if the indicators are bugged or if it just a hidden bolt in the spray. Best to use whatever you use to survive point 1 when outside the AOE.

3. Not enough time in the bubble to answer this one. Only thing I can comment on is you can teleport out the bubble, of course that only applies to certain classes.

I hear the AOE bolts are projectiles, but I not sure if they can be reflected or not.

Posted by: Bifi.9273

Bifi.9273

1) You can dodge, block, reflect or get invulnerable. Simply dodge when you see it at the top of your screen, since doesnt take the direct route, you have usually enough time to dodge it, if you feel like you wont make it, use a spell.

2) He shoots random bolts at the same time, this is what kills most people. I usually handle it this way: either get out of the circles and watch out for another bolt heading towards you or just run through all circles and dodge at the right timing, just like against project alpha, this seems like one of the most reliable method to me, given that youre good at timing.

3) The dome usually gets castet on the player with the most toughness. The easierst way is to teleport out the second you get cought. Keep in mind that the knockdown occurs when you run into the bubble, so when you dont touch it, you dont get knocked down. So you either stand still and survive with a heal, or run out with stability or invulnerability. He also has a cast animation on that spell, so dodging at the right timing, which is really difficult, will make him place the dome at a wrong spot.
In the 3rd phase he also has a massive AOE bolt barrage, you can block the projectiles with feedback

General tip: Always bring a mesmer, they need love. Make sure you have as many illusions, or other allies, like the thief ult arround in the 2nd and 3rd phase, sometimes he decides to target them, thats taking away a hit from the group.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

I would love to see 5 devs to do this boss and explain exactly why it was very enjoyable content.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With some range and swiftness I can quite well avoid the single projectile with zig-zag (though not consistently, have ran it like 7 times maybe). I believe (at least like to believe) that it can be zig-zagged reliably.

I don’t know what is with the bubble. I just dodge out of it (sometimes taking damage depending on reflexes/luck), some people say they can’t do it.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

1. the missile zigs and zags. Ive actually found it easier to dodge by running towards it.

2. From my understanding it works like this, the circle shows the landing zone for the missile. The missiles have their own separate AoE when they hit the ground and explode. Thus, standing slightly outside a circle may be safe, and may doom you. (I attached a crude picture at the end of this post)

3. you can roll through the bubble, you must roll such that you are passing through the bubbles edge during your invincibility frames. Failing that bring endure pain and just tank it out.

Attachments: