Sorrow Embrace P1 Lava@Nokk

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I was fighting Nokk today and 3 people got pushed into lava at different times and couldnt respawn. Since other lava battles have gotten the safety net (CoF Story End Boss/Possiblkittend Boss Lava Fix) can we maybe get a way for teammates to res if we get hit off the bridge, into the lava near Nokk.

I got jumped in automatically with Leap of Faith but the others said they got pushed off.

P.S. We beat him too!

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Try standing with your back not facing the edge? works for me

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

It is a terribly difficult fight if a couple of your teammates get knocked into the lava and can’t be ressed under the new waypointing rules. I agree that this seems like an oversight.

Then again, I suppose if your whole party wipes you can waypoint back. At least by that point the annoying spawns on the bridge shouldn’t be there. (And you won’t waypoint right into the middle of being swarmed – that waypoint seriously needs to be moved.)

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

It is a terribly difficult fight if a couple of your teammates get knocked into the lava and can’t be ressed under the new waypointing rules. I agree that this seems like an oversight.

Then again, I suppose if your whole party wipes you can waypoint back. At least by that point the annoying spawns on the bridge shouldn’t be there. (And you won’t waypoint right into the middle of being swarmed – that waypoint seriously needs to be moved.)

Nokk seems to satisfy himself with 3 singularities. Have him spawn all 3 in one spot (like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDKrTvqccY), then move the fight to another spot and you shouldn’t have any more problems with singularities.

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Since other lava battles have gotten the safety net

Hm, let us consider this statement.

Crucible of Eternity @ Evolved Devourer – No safety net
Citadel of Flame @ Crea rescue – No safety net
Fractal of the Mist @ Ascended Grawl – No safety net

The encounter with Nokk, incidentally has a safety net, just not directly around Nokk’s platform.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

I’d add that it is the responsibility of your group to decide wether to continue the fight when teammates are down or not. Simply run away from the boss, once the whole group out of the fight, the members who fell can travel to the waypoint.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

azureai.9764

Since other lava battles have gotten the safety net

Hm, let us consider this statement.

Crucible of Eternity @ Evolved Devourer – No safety net
Citadel of Flame @ Crea rescue – No safety net
Fractal of the Mist @ Ascended Grawl – No safety net

I can’t remember the Evolved Devourer battle, but the other two are false comparisons. You would almost have to be aiming to fall into lava on either of those fights. A party member falling into the lava isn’t common, unlike the Nokk fight. The Crea rescue isn’t even a boss fight; you don’t need all of the players focusing on taking down one high HP mob like you do against Nokk.

Nokk clearly wasn’t designed with the new dungeon waypointing rules in mind. And I suspect he’ll get a rework in the next dungeon patch (including, I hope to all kittening gods, a moved waypoint).

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Giving him a rework would be a shame. It’s a fun fight and gives us a good laugh if one of us manages (by our own fault) to get knocked into the lava.

people need to stop asking for things to be easier and work on your own positioning. Pay attention to the fight and this wouldn’t happen.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

did p1 yesterday. 3 youngelings in party got knocked into lava early-midfight, remaining 2 of us shrugged, laughed and finished off Nokk. everyone had some nice laugh after.

there are 2 obviously safe places to stand – the bridges connected to Nokk’s platform. have fun killing him.

in Evolved Devourer battle, if you stand in wrong place when shield goes up – you will be knocked into lava

so… uhm. why do you want those safety nets? it’s more fun to see someone get crisped

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

so… uhm. why do you want those safety nets? it’s more fun to see someone get crisped

I agree. It’s a good laugh and even with people getting knocked in, we’ve never failed this boss.

azureai.9764

People aren’t asking that the boss not knock people into the lava. That’s obviously part of the boss. People are asking that players who get knocked into the lava be placed in a place they can be ressed.

Under the most recent dungeon res rules, a player who is knocked into the lava stays there until the fight is over, permanently hampering the group. If two players get knocked down early, the boss will quickly become painful.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

People aren’t asking that the boss not knock people into the lava. That’s obviously part of the boss. People are asking that players who get knocked into the lava be placed in a place they can be ressed.

Under the most recent dungeon res rules, a player who is knocked into the lava stays there until the fight is over, permanently hampering the group. If two players get knocked down early, the boss will quickly become painful.

That’s part of the mechanic and super easy to figure out once it happens once, all you do is don’t stand where you can be knocked off…

The waves stop spawning once you get to Nokk, if you mess up and actually have 2 noobies get knocked into the lava then get out of combat, have people make the <1 min run back, and do it again without getting knocked down now that you know his mechanic.

The big red circle is what knocks you back, and even if you get knocked back, if you stand so that the pathway is behind you then you get knocked back onto solid ground, not that hard.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

azureai.9764

Regardless, it’s still obnoxious if you make a mistake early in the fight to not be able to even have a chance to particpate again. It was different under the old waypointing rules, but laying face down for an entire fight with no chance of being able to participate is not fun for anyone.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

did it a day or two ago; one person was unlucky enough to fall down very early and i got knocked down a few seconds before he died, but the boss is easy enough that i dont think it really needs a safety net

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Does the mob has the usual – Knockback – under his name? Can’t remember… if he has it, then its basically your fault for not having enough awareness. If it doesn’t then your party are forgiven for having one party member fall once. Second time its shame on them.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.