Sorrow's Embrace. A Net, please for the love of god.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vanguardian.4921

Vanguardian.4921

You don’t even really need me tell you what it is, i’m sure you’re fully aware the between the infinite waves of trash mobs that should not be spawning after the bosses death (or maybe even in the first place, like who has that many kitten security guards?!) and the end boss of path two being so horribly bugged that it spams insta-death fields all over the place and a totally unintended rate, but not only that, the sheer amount of damage they do. Please fix all this horrible SE Trash so that those of who want to do it, can. Arah, Ac, Ta, etc. are all a cakewalk compared to this lunacy. Why is the mad king in my SE?!

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

It is amazing they boosted up the difficult of a dungeon (as well as bugging the entire thing) nobody really did that much, but refused to push the loot adjustment along with it due to it being “not ready yet”, huh?

Nope not sore at all here. Nada.

Posted by: William Fairfield.1428

William Fairfield.1428

Game Designer

I posted about these earlier, but that post has since gone from the front page.

So I will post again.

The infinite waves will be fixed very soon. The end boss for path 2 will be fixed very soon. The loot stuff is currently being worked on as we speak and look for it to be coming along shortly.

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

Nice to find this post after a few whipes =(

Would it be possible to warn unsuspecting players beforehand in the future?

(sorry just need to loose some steam)

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Good to hear a response on this, the only other thing that really needs to be fixed is CM story mode bugs at the end so it can’t be completed.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Vanguardian.4921

Yes, thank you so bloody much for the response. lol, i have no complaints about the loot even, it’s just those two major bugs. The path 2 one is the worst because you don’t even know what you’re getting into until the very end. Good job and the wave fix today anet. +1.

Posted by: Thraize.9608

Thraize.9608

still bugged, the respawns are too fast. even faster than the old grenadier ones.

Posted by: Thelistener.3496

Thelistener.3496

Path 1 remains broken after this patch (as of my posting this). So, you guys haven’t fixed SE. What you guys have fixed, however, is an exploit that people were using in order to finish Path 1 despite it being broken. Which means that SE path 1 is now not only broken, but practically not doable without a very elite group. Before anyone decides to tell me that this is just “part of the game” and that I need to “find good people to play with”, recognize that very few other dungeons require this of you. Off the top of my head, practically every single path in HotW, AC, TA and CoF are not only easily doable with a PUG, but you can almost fall asleep as you do them and still complete them. That leaves people like me, who want the SE armor, getting a raw deal compared to everyone else.

Below are the two methods people used previously and how they have been affected as of this patch:

1) Leave one of the grenadiers alive and have one person stay back and kite him while the rest go and kill the first two bosses.
— This now isn’t possible anymore because waves spawn regardless of whether or not you keep a grenadier alive. This is probably due to the fact that now, as it seems to me after testing this tonight, there is an event trigger attached to the activation of the first boss that leads to the spawning of infinite waves of patrols.

2) Waiting out the patrols and starting the instance after they stop spawning.
— I was fooled into thinking this could still be possible tonight. When you initially wait out the spawns, there comes a point in time where they do in fact stop altogether. As I said earlier, however, there appears to be an event trigger now where waves begin to infinitely spawn again after activation of the first boss. I have waited (and am still waiting as I write this) for about 45 minutes now after the activation of the first boss to see if the waves ever stop spawning. They haven’t yet and, at this point, even if they do it won’t be feasible to get a group together that’s fine with waiting around 1+ hour for the waves to stop spawning.

So where does that leave us as far as SE is concerned on a whole? Path 1 is now largely not an attainable goal for most people. I also tried doing Path 2 tonight without realizing that it, too, was broken. The static field on the last boss is admittedly broken, according to ANet devs, and has been since 10/24 (which means it has been broken for over week now). That means that groups of people have banded together to take an hour out of their day to do this path, only to come up short right at the end without any means of finishing it. And what do they get for their effort? Nothing.

That leaves path 3 as the only viable SE path now for people that want the tokens. If you thought trying to get a group for SE was bad enough already, just wait until people realize that now only one path is viable. This means you will be hitting DR unless you start running entirely other dungeons in between your path 3 runs.

This situation cannot be left as is until the next content patch (11/15?). This needs to be hot-fixed as soon as possible. Path 2 has already been broken for an entire week, but leaving it as is until the 15th would mean having groups of people unwittingly waste their time for a total of three weeks. Additionally, having no way to finish Path 1 now puts most of us in a position where we can only attempt a single SE path, and that subjects us to harsh DR with very little recourse. To have this continue for another two weeks would be unacceptable.

Vanguardian.4921

Path one is still pretty much impossible. Can we get an Anet comment, what went wrong? why are 2 out of 3 paths still broken as hell? We need some way to actually get our bloody tokens for the gift, and i usually never rage at Anet for things like this, but come on. Seriously? Not well played.

Posted by: Icecreaman.5072

Icecreaman.5072

I just completed all three paths a couple hours ago so the dungeon is definitely doable. I ran it with 3 people I normally do dungeons with and one random. None of us had done this dungeon before today and it was the last one I needed for Dungeon Master.

The beginning of path one is pretty annoying though and I think it should be adjusted more. We fought our way to the golem and killed him without much trouble but we wiped right after because most couldn’t recover in time to fight off the extra groups that had built up. We respawned, let the mass of guys go by, and then hacked our way to the next boss without much trouble. We wiped at the boss because we didn’t realize the mobs would continue to spawn at the platform while fighting him (This should probably be changed). We respawned again, fought back to the boss, and this time engaged him on the other side of the platform so we didn’t agro anymore groups. After that we didn’t have much of a problem.

We completed path 2 without any real problems so I’m not sure what issue others were having there. It took us a minute at the last boss to figure out what to do but it was very manageable after that.

(edited by Icecreaman.5072)

Plunder.8195

You finished path 2 without any problems? really We wiped several times yesterday (pre-patch) and gave up on it. I can imagine a very skilled organised group finishing it, but without a problem? One hit by the static field and you were pretty much dead. That one golem was almost comparable to the fire-elemental O.o

Was this a stealth fix maybe?

Posted by: Icecreaman.5072

Icecreaman.5072

You finished path 2 without any problems? really We wiped several times yesterday (pre-patch) and gave up on it. I can imagine a very skilled organised group finishing it, but without a problem? One hit by the static field and you were pretty much dead. That one golem was almost comparable to the fire-elemental O.o

Possibly. They didn’t seem to hit hard at all and I was constantly moving through them. I don’t think anyone was ever downed.

I can’t remember what the fire-elemental is that you’re refering to.

Plunder.8195

Possibly. They didn’t seem to hit hard at all and I was constantly moving through them. I don’t think anyone was ever downed.

I can’t remember what the fire-elemental is that you’re refering to.

Good to hear, before we were pretty much downed in one go (especially overlapping ones). You could dodge 2 of them, but then the 3rd would hit and nearly down you.

The fire elemental is in the north west of the asura starting zone. It has been nerfed a bit already, and it is still a very brutal one, especially with many players around. (worth a check, also a pre-req for one of the boss-achievements)

Posted by: Fetto.3910

Fetto.3910

We finished path 1 about 40 minutes ago. The infinite waves are still there and they’re spawning at a pretty mean rate, still.

The trick to do it is to run to the gate and use only ranged weapons on the last boss in the gauntlet.

That way the spawning patrols will never pull aggro and just keep marching down the path without ever noticing you.

but yea.. Still broken as all hell.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Thank you developers for wonderful fixes…
There were many posts in forums with possible solutions to grenadiers’ problem, many of them were pretty accurate. If you really want to fix the problem of so called exploits (which is waiting or kiting to prevent spawn), then find out why people are even trying to pass the content
One question which is bothering me since I just started doing SE (before all ‘fixes’):
Why those grenadiers are more durable and difficult than golden/purple bosses? Something is really wrong here. It looks like grenadiers are the main boss here and all golden/purple mobs are just trash mobs on our way

Posted by: Muladin.2956

Muladin.2956

Too much pain, not enough profit" perfectly describes SE path 1 now.
-The infinite waves
- The three golems
- purple boss + golden boss + 2 mobs on last boss fight

Whats next? an elder dragon in path 1?

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Its amazing how the infinite spawn didnt get fixed, but keeping the gauntlet from running by kiting a mob from the first wave DID get fixed.

So its now completely impossible to do. So, how soon is soon? Because right now if you need tokens all you can do is run path 3. Path 1 is impossible because its broken, path 2 is hell and takes soooo long you’d get more tokens just running path 3 over and over.

Posted by: Blovesx.6521

Blovesx.6521

I aggre with you all.

Please ANet make this path 1 doable… try to make 6 waves of mobs “which” has to be killed or you just can’t get any further (after they will be killed, no more spawning) or add system to spawn them on the road to bosses and buff boss a bit. That’s my suggestion and I think this will be doable…

Thanks.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

just tried this path in a long time, wow.. just wow.. hope you have atleast 3 walls of Reflection at your disposal

Posted by: Warskull.3096

Warskull.3096

That fact that this dungeon is still broken is really unacceptable. The dungeon team needs to get their crap together. There needs to be a rule that if they can’t play through the dungeon they can’t release it. It is very clear a lot of these problems leak through because A.net is too lazy to properly test them.

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

A question regarding path 2 after patch… how does it compare to itself before the buff in last boss difficulty?

And anet please comment on the seemingly unintelligent “fixes” on path 1, as whether it is “working as intended” now or can we hopefully try it later when the real fix comes?

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Half the dungeons in the game either don’t work, are overtuned or suffer from serious design flaws.
And yet you’re going to release a new one! I’m sorry, but fix your old stuff to at least half a degree of playability before releasing new content. “Very soon” is not acceptable.

Posted by: Nik Perumov.5694

Nik Perumov.5694

Hello, can someone tell me, if path 1 works properly now or not? Thanks.

Posted by: Lucillia.8297

Lucillia.8297

Hello, can someone tell me, if path 1 works properly now or not? Thanks.

I would like to know this too!

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Can you clear path 1? Yes.

Is it working properly based on the above dev post? No.

Waves are still infinite after killing Nokk and you really need a top tier group with good dps/survivability to clear the first golem boss before being overwhelmed by waves.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

who cares? dungeons are dead now. obsolete. gl finding a group for SE exp, lol.

Go run fractals.