Sorrow's Embrace Exp is way too long

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I’m not against difficult or challenging dungeons, but Sorrow’s Embrace is like 3h dungeon runs if you don’t do path 3. I like the bosses, but the dredge, oh the dredge. They spawn more dredge, but they can’t just be normal summoned dredge, THEY HAVE TO BE ELITE. The only way I’ve done it is to pull the moles out one at a time or else you have a thousand of those hairless rats swarming you, and pulling takes time, like 10 min per mob. Oh and don’t get me started on the infinite Inquest on path one at the start, that’s just malicious to make them all elite.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

You should try Arah path 4.

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I would if I could get in, as far as I know it’s still bugged

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you’re lucky, there will be some mesmers handy to port you into the Arah entrance. Not that there’s much benefit to doing Arah other than the token armor and weapons. It takes 4 times as long as other shorter dungeons, while still handing a 26s reward per path and only 60 tokens.

Arah path 4 is mainly Dwayna’s kitten Spark trapping AI. If it were made a bit more responsive, and the other bosses outside Lyssa were made a challenge instead of the usual “Stand in safe spot at range, melee is death” fights.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

SE path 1 and 3 are under 15 min, only path 2 is long. That’s similar in alot of dungeons where 1 path is longer then the other 2.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: SicJake.6871

SicJake.6871

Just did this for the first time tonight, path 2 is the worker path right? Took bloody AGES. Not difficult or anything, but just long. Glad to hear the other paths are shorter, alot of people don’t run SE and I really want those tokens

Posted by: Arty.3261

Arty.3261

Path 2 is around 30 mins or so iirc once you know what is going on. Path 3 is super fast and I spam it multiple times daily.

Has path 1 been fixed since that last patch? I remember they screwed up the start. If it’s fixed, it is very quick as well.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Path 1 isn’t bugged, just incredibly challenging.

With a good group, you can plow through it in 15-20 minutes.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

The only long path is 2.

Posted by: aNuBis.6340

aNuBis.6340

I tried path 1 lately with a PUG and to my surprise the difference in difficulty compare to path 3 and 2 which I can PUG without much trouble.

I certainly hope Anet could tone down a bit the spawn rate of patrols. Even now it is hard to find people willing to do this dungeon anymore and the insane jump in difficulty surely doesn’t help at all.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

path 1 i have a feeling it working as intended, but still bugged to the max. not sure how that’s working out. i was hoping for a slight “fix” this past update but i guess they had bigger fish to fry. hopefully soon! i unerstand the concept of the mobs in waves and it’s a good DPS check, but it’s definitely not as PUG friendly.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall