Special reward per 50 fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zephyric Reaper.3049

Zephyric Reaper.3049

As we all know RNG drops are extremely unfair and unsatisfactory. Fractal percentages are so meager than even when getting the desired drop feels bitter and sad.
After the fractured fiasco people were quite upset, particularly with the limitation of levels, the unjustified reset, the undelivered promises and the drop in rewards.

I am a frequent fractal runner and know all bosses pattersn by memory and in reverse so it has become extremely easy. I’ve gathered myself a few weapons but obviously, not the ones I desire. I also get plenty of duplicates and often see my friends who run eeeevery now and then get the coolest weapons and are able to show them off as a symbol of their effort. There are seasons where nothing drops, like all this month, not even a trash box and just meager rings and shamefully, RNG doesn’t compensate and drops don’t feel any generous later.

Justifications aside, people are upset about RNG and that being a frequenter means close to nothing. There are other problems with the RNG method and it’s that people only do the tiers with most chances so 30+ fractals are surrounded by veterans while 29 below have less crafty players all around (in general). There’s no reason for people to do a 1-10 fractal once they are personal level 50 for example which divides the community slightly and indirectly.

Solution

What I’ve thought is giving players the option to reset their own personal level back to 1, like call of duty ranks but in exchange they get a box, since they are so popular now. The box contains the option to choose from 1, 2 or all 3 (depending on balance) of a fractal weapon box, an ascended weapon box of choice and an armor box of choice.
After the reset of your level, you gain the levels again normally as you do fractals and at the end you have to do a lvl 50 to get the box again.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Dont you dare join the words “reset” and “fractal levels” together.

I think The Reset was enough trauma on its own caused by Anet itself. Having an option to self-inflict reset on fractal level just adds salt upon injury

Posted by: Zephyric Reaper.3049

Zephyric Reaper.3049

I think The Reset was enough trauma on its own caused by Anet itself. Having an option to self-inflict reset on fractal level just adds salt upon injury

While it has some moral dilema on the back of it. The idea itself feels pretty smooth to me (ignoring the fractured update).
If a simple tokken system were to be added people would still only play high tier fractals. If it’s any better it could show how many times you’ve resetted (like CoD ranks work?).

PS Do fractal drops feel bugged to you, haven’t gotten anything but rings as of late (post update)

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I will hapilly +1 that, the amount of time that takes me to assemble decent 50 team (begging via whisper) and the rewards that drop, and all those awfull pugs experiences during lvling… no just no.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

You dont need to perform resets to get what you want. Example:

Gold fractal relic for completing fractal 50, blue one for completing fractal between 40-49, green for completing fractal between 30-39, etc.

Merging these relics would yield you the box you suggested.

Im still not sure this would be the right approach because its just artificially increasing the number of players at lower fractal levels who dont actually belong there. Higher fractal levels should always be the thing you run due to (theoretically) having better rewards. That system forces people to go from a harder fractal level to an easier one for added rewards.

It hardly makes sense from a challenge vs reward point of view

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

All they should do is put a merchant in with pristine relics as the currency. The only other thing left to decide is the amount per skin. I’d say 50 or so is good.