Specialization system = RIP meta as it is?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

no comments on some stats being profession specific? i would think that would effect dungeon meta maxers a lot.

Those stats are hardly relevant. And half of them are getting implemented baseline. Thats a buff to most builds.

well its not clear exactly what they mean with the profession attributes, if its like thieves get 150 more precision that might be huge, but that would seem odd.

hopefully they explain that better today.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

no comments on some stats being profession specific? i would think that would effect dungeon meta maxers a lot.

Those stats are hardly relevant. And half of them are getting implemented baseline. Thats a buff to most builds.

well its not clear exactly what they mean with the profession attributes, if its like thieves get 150 more precision that might be huge, but that would seem odd.

Profession attribute are those attributes only a single profession has and (except for the ranger one) only that profession has any use of that attribute. They are always in the fifth trait line:
Ele: Atunement cd reduction
Warrior: Burst skill cd reduction (kitten i was so sure i remebered it correctly)
Thief: steal cd reduction
Guardian: virtue recharge rate
Engi: Toolbelt recharge rate
Ranger: Pet attribute bonus
Mesmer: Shatter Skill recharge rate
Necromancer: Life force pool increase

edit: corrected warrior

(edited by Bohantopa.5729)

Posted by: MeththeMadman.7420

MeththeMadman.7420

Why? With a good portion of the stats from trait going into gear, a full zerker gear will make sure he have the maximum power, precision, ferocity stats.

Lets take the guardian for exemple. With a 6/6/2/0/0 build I miss on 200 ferocity and now i’ll probably be able to get it fully. The improvement of basic stats will probably make me lose a bit of power, precision and gain a bit more vitality, healing power and boon duration. You lose a bit and gain a little bit, overall it will be similar. Now take trait. With the new system I will have the equivalent of a 6/6/6/0/0 build now. I could take Mace of Justice and maybe the the new Meta would be now GS + M/F with an overall better dps.

Just to make sure, you saw that they are re-working the trait lines now too, right? So the current 6/6/6/0/0 may not be what you think it is. Or it may be. Personally, I’d avoid theorycrafting until we know exactly what the heck is going on But, if that’s your cup of tea, go make it

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Profession attribute are those attributes only a single profession has and (except for the ranger one) only that profession has any use of that attribute. They are always in the fifth trait line:
Ele: Atunement cd reduction
Warrior: Burst skill damage increase
Thief: steal cd reduction
Guardian: virtue recharge rate
Engi: Toolbelt recharge rate
Ranger: Pet attribute bonus
Mesmer: Shatter Skill recharge rate
Necromancer: Life force pool increase

This.

Except it should be Warrior: Burst skill cooldown reduction.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Just to make sure, you saw that they are re-working the trait lines now too, right? So the current 6/6/6/0/0 may not be what you think it is. Or it may be. Personally, I’d avoid theorycrafting until we know exactly what the heck is going on But, if that’s your cup of tea, go make it

Ya i know, but they will still look like the trait line we have now. Valor will still improve meditation, honor will still improve symbol and shout, etc. Some trait will be deleted or merge the but trait line will continue to improve the same area as they are now. It’s just for fun, while we wait for more information.

150 Precision have nothing to do with this. For Thief is would be the cooldown recharge for the steal.

But guys we already have good information about that. Elementalist attunement recharge time will be improve by 15% (half of what the arcana line can do) and you can receive the remaining 15% simply by choosing Arcana as one of your trait line. We can guess that it will be the same principle for all profession. All profession will have their base profession attribute boosted by 15%.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

It will be nice if each specialization gets the same amount of %damage modifiers or just completely remove them as mentioned earlier in this thread. I really don’t like how at the moment in most cases there is 1 definitive “core” dps build where it is a no brainer to spec into specializations with the most DPS modifiers. It would be nice if thieves can spec more dodge or more initiatives without having to worry about which line has more dps. %damage modifier traits pigeon hole builds as they do create optimal builds instead of builds that create playstyle variety..

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

It will be nice if each specialization gets the same amount of %damage modifiers or just completely remove them as mentioned earlier in this thread. I really don’t like how at the moment in most cases there is 1 definitive “core” dps build where it is a no brainer to spec into specializations with the most DPS modifiers. It would be nice if thieves can spec more dodge or more initiatives without having to worry about which line has more dps. %damage modifier traits pigeon hole builds as they do create optimal builds instead of builds that create playstyle variety..

So you want to delete dps spec to make wannabe healing/support spec important?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d disagree, with the idea in general, as I think more utility/support/defense should result in a loss of damage. In your example though I don’t really disagree though as both options are pretty solid all around.

tramwajarz, I don’t think that’s what he means at all. I think his point is that if you have say 30% worth of modifiers in one tree, and 20% in another, you’re pretty much going to always run the 30% unless you absolutely need to switch it up. With thief you have more initiative or more dodges as 2 alternatives for the last tree. Both have quite a bit of utility in them. Obviously the more dodges is nice defensively but the tree doesn’t really give all that much else. The more initiative you have quite a few nice little gems of traits and overall it’s just as potent in the control/support area as the more dodges. So why should one have more damage potential than the other? it simply bumps one out of being an option for optimal play.

It’s one thing to have full DPS spec, it’s another to have one spec with support higher than another spec with support.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Seems a bit of a pointless conversation considering we dont know what abilities are being made baseline, what traits are being combined, and know absolutely nothing about the elite specializations.

Jerus.4350

Seems a bit of a pointless conversation considering we dont know what abilities are being made baseline, what traits are being combined, and know absolutely nothing about the elite specializations.

Talking about most of the expansion related stuff is pointless since we don’t have all the information.

But then again.

Talking about dungeons is pointless because no one at ANet cares.

So, if there is anywhere best fit to have pointless conversations, this is the place.

EcoRI.9273

Speculating is fun therefore it is not pointless. Same can be argued about old people commenting about how games are pointless.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

But guys we already have good information about that. Elementalist attunement recharge time will be improve by 15% (half of what the arcana line can do) and you can receive the remaining 15% simply by choosing Arcana as one of your trait line. We can guess that it will be the same principle for all profession. All profession will have their base profession attribute boosted by 15%.

Mmmm hopefully. That might give me reason to use hammer on my warrior again.

Posted by: MeththeMadman.7420

MeththeMadman.7420

Ya i know, but they will still look like the trait line we have now. Valor will still improve meditation, honor will still improve symbol and shout, etc. Some trait will be deleted or merge the but trait line will continue to improve the same area as they are now. It’s just for fun, while we wait for more information.

Ya, you know far more about this game than I do, and I actually really enjoy reading your posts. Just wanted to make sure that everyone saw that part because there’s a lot of people saying stuff around here that I think missed some of the stuff in the articles

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

So, they’re nerfing conjures. Ice Bow, I understand. But Lightning Hammer?

If they nerf lightning hammer they might as well delete scepter specs from the game. No mentions about improving autoattack damage for scepter and water/earth attunements.

That Piercing shard trait will be obsolete as it was only ever used on lightning hammer builds, which can barely compete with staff as is. Especially now that blasting staff is baseline.

In this AMA it’s pretty clear they are doing the balancing once again based on PvP. Their rationale for nerfing conjures was " cheesing damage multipliers to kill people".

Most of the new ele traits are PvP centered, all those auras are useless in PvE and auras are only consistently accessible via dagger weaponsets…

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Jerus.4350

Where might one find all this info Zenith? For someone stuck at work and can read but can’t watch stuff.

Zenith.7301

I couldn’t tell you, maybe follow reddit or Dulfy I’m only watching the AMA at Twitch.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Yeah, I can’t watch the stream so I’m on Dulfy but it’s not getting updated with all the good bits.

I’ve been telling my guildies for awhile now they’ve slowly been killing PVE because of PVP balances.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Dulfy updated Ele traits.

Powercreep is strong in thing patch (thief/guard) !

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Where might one find all this info Zenith? For someone stuck at work and can read but can’t watch stuff.

My crappy note:

Elementalist:

+ Blasting Staff is default, culled from traits

+ Minor: Flame Barrier(fire shield on swap), Sunspot, Burning Rage
+ Major I: Burning Precision, Conjurer, Power Overwhelming (condi-> power)
+ MAjor II: Pyro’s Training, One with Fire, Burning Fire + cantrip grants Might)
+ Major III: Persisting Flame(+ Lava Tomb), Pyro’s Puissance, Blinding Ash

+ Adept: Zephyr’s Speed, Lightning Strike, Weak Spot
+ Zephyr’s Boon, One with Air, Ferocious Winds (Ferocity from Healing)
+ Aeromancer’s Training, Inscription(+ Glyph cd reduce), Tempest Defense
+ Fresh Air, Bolt to the Heart, Lightning Rod

+ Adept: Stone Flesh, Geo’s Defense (less damage at <600r)
+ Earth embrace, Serrated stone, Elemental shielding
+ Diamond skin, Written in stone, Stone Heart
(lost 2 dmg modifiers Stone Splinter, plus GM minor)

+ Water: Bountiful Water 2%

+ Arcane Fury, Lingering Attunement, Arcane Prec(crit applies condi)
+ Arcane Energy (cd reduce + restore endurance), R-Stamina, Abatement
+ Final Shielding, Ele contingency, Arcane Resurrection
+ Elemental Atunement, Evasive Arcana, Elemental Surge

Could miss a lot as they skimped through the line too fast.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Bye bye dagger ele, bye bye LH-ele

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Iris Ng.9845

Thief

+ Serpent’s touch, Lotus Strike (Weaken on Poisoned foes)
+ Dagger Training(5% on poisoned foes), Mug, Trap respite
+ Panic Strike, Trap CD reduce by 10 sec, Revealed Training,
+ Potent Poison (poison deals more dmg), Improvisation (use stolen items, not bundles), Executioner

+ Unrelenting Strike, First Strike
+ Side Strike, Signets of Power, Combo Critical Chance
+ Sundering Strikes, Practiced Tolerance, Ankle Shot (pistol dmg increased on crippled foes),
+ Ricochet, Hidden Killer, Invigoration Precision

+ Last Refuge, Resillience of Shadow
+ Merciful Ambush, Concealed Deafeat,
+ Shadow Protector(regen in stealth), Descent of Shadow (steal grant stealth), Leeching Venoms (grant might, + 1 stack and siphon)
+ Cloaked in Shadow, Shadow’s Rejuvenation (+ health/initiative), Venomous Aura (+ recharge reduced)

+ Feline Grace (2 sec of Vigor on evade),
+ GM line: Hard to catch (Break Stun + endrance on disabled), Don’t Stop (random evade projectiles under effect of Swiftness)

+ Steal line: Caltrop, Haste,
+ Trickster, Pressure Striking (Torment on interrupt),
+ Sleight of Hand, Bewildering Ambush (5 Confusion on steal)

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Iris Ng.9845

Guardian

(Zeal)
+ Symbolic Power
+ Wrathful Spirit,Fiery Wrath,Zealous Scepter (Might on Justice), Blinding Jeopardy (vuln on immo), Zealous Blade, Kindled Zeal
+ Expedious Spirit, Symbolic Avenger(+20% dmg on symbol), Aegis Shatter (aegis deals dmg on removal

+ Renewed Justice, Radiant Power
+ Inner Fire (fury on 3 stacks of Burning), Right-hand Strength (crit chance +15% + sword skill cd reduced),
+ Wrath of Justice (immo on active Justice), Radiant Fire (Zealot’s Flame + Torch cd reduced)
+ Amplified Wraith, Perfect Inscription, Radiant Retaliation (retal scaled on condi)

+ Valorous Defense (aegis at 50% HP), Courageous Return, Might of the Protector
+ Strength of the Fallen, Smiter’s Boon (remove condi on healing), Focus Mastery
+ Monk’s Focus (Medi 2-in-1), Altruistic Healing, Retributive Armor

+ Vigor precision, Selfless Daring, Purity of Body
+ Honorable Staff,
+ Pure of Voice (+cd reduce), Writ of Persistence (3-in-1), Force of Will

+ Concregration ground by default
+ Virtuous Mallet (hammer applies slow on 33% hit, cd reduce)
+ Healing Breeze = Shout

Jerus.4350

My crappy note:

Elementalist:

+ Blasting Staff is default, culled from traits

+ Adept: Flame Barrier(fire shield on swap), Sunspot, Burning Rage
+ Major I: Burning Precision, Conjurer, Power Overwhelming (condi-> power)
+ MAjor II: Pyro’s Training, One with Fire, Burning Fire + cantrip grants Might)
+ Major III: Persisting Flame(+ Lava Tomb), Pyro’s Puissance, Blinding Ash

+ Adept: Zephyr’s Speed, Lightning Strike, Weak Spot
+ Zephyr’s Boon, One with Air, Ferocious Winds (Ferocity from Healing)
+ Aeromancer’s Training, Inscription(+ Glyph cd reduce), Tempest Defense
+ Fresh Air, Bolt to the Heart, Lightning Rod

+ Adept: Stone Flesh, Geo’s Defense (less damage at <600r)
+ Earth embrace, Serrated stone, Elemental shielding
+ Diamond skin, Written in stone, Stone Heart
(lost 2 dmg modifiers Stone Splinter, plus GM minor)

+ Water: Bountiful Water 2%

+ Arcane Fury, Lingering Attunement, Arcane Prec(crit applies condi)
+ Arcane Energy (restore endurance), R-Stamina, Abatement
+ Final Shielding, Ele congitency,
+ Elemental Atunement, Evasive Arcana, Elemental Surge

Could miss a lot as they skimped through the line too fast.

Thanks Iris, sad to see the modifiers leave earth. Seems like Water may be the way to go? Between Vital Striking and Bountiful Water should be able to make up for the loss of Bolt to the Heart to roughly break even with D/F? (4 boons should mean exceeding BttH on avg).

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

(((drinks coffee with Spoj and Subli in dark corner waiting for Necro ))))

Iris Ng.9845

Gonna verify it with Dulfy’s note later but Earth line seems purely on defense now. Arcana line is very very niche :’(

Engi is next.

Zenith.7301

Look at their obsessions with auras and glyphs, both virtually useless in pve outside the elite.

Who will use the glyph heal ever? Those skills that just give few boons on long recharge are useless in a game where guardians and eles are farting boons via shouts and blast fields.

Meanwhile I look at all the damage modifiers thief and guardian got and it’s just obnoxious. Thief is going to be so strong…

Iris Ng.9845

Engineer

+ Hobosack changes to handheld bundles. Grenade sac, med wrap
+ Med kit first two skills change, 1st = Healing Breeze, 2nd = a turret which buffs area, 3rd= syringe
+ Mortar kit is an equippable, longer range rifle which shoots 5 aoe fields
+ No fields on grenade skills
+ Engi has 5th Toolbelt skill for elite skill
+ Supply crate = Turret category

Explosives
+ Evasive Powder Keg (dodge bomb), Steel Packed Pwder, Explosive Powder (dmg + 10%)
+ Grenadier (radius and velocity, extra grenade is default), Explosive Rocket Belt (proj on hit 33% chance), TBD
+ Damage vs Target with Vuln, Explosive Descent (Fall dmg), Short Fuse (only Bomb)
+ Mortar Field (last longer + f5 is a barrage, skill 1 on kit is a blast finisher), Shrapnel (+ cripple), Evasive Powder keg (blast finisher on dodge)

Baseline: Accelerant Packed Turrets, Forceful Explosive (+radius), pistol 1 + rifle 5 become explosions.

Firearms
+ Sharpshooter, Target the Weak, Target the Maimed
+ New pistol trait (condi), + Crit change at <600 r, Precise Sights + Infused Precision merge
+ Rifle/Speargun (+ dmg, -cd), Crit to Condi conversion, Robo legs (reduced cripple, immob, chill, + swiftness duration)
+ Modified Ammunition, Juggernaut (pulsing stab, 1 stack/3s), Incendiary Powder + Napalm Specialist merge

Baseline: Rifled Barrels, Coated Bullets

I LOVE THIS DEV. HE MAKES MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!!! <3

Attachments:

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Jerus.4350

Interesting stuff on Engi, I was expecting “and they smashed them like a bug with the nerfhammer” after all the PVP complaints I’ve seen.

Little disappointed with Ele though, I was hoping for more diversity, seems like it’s fire/air/water all the way for PVE, unless you need the vigor. (energy sigil probably better option when you look at lost damage %).

Iris Ng.9845

engi is getting disgustingly buffed x)

Jerus.4350

engi is getting disgustingly buffed x)

\o/

Iris Ng.9845

Mesmer

Domination
+ Minor: Fragility (+ 10% dmg on vuln foes)
+ Confounding suggestion (100% chance), Empowered Illusion (15%)
+ Shatter (no change), Blurred Inscription (+ Signet cd reduce), Furious Interruption (gain quickness 3s)
+ Gsword Training (+100 power, 2% cd reduce per hit), Mental Torment (25% more dmg, 50% more dmg on foes not using skills), Powerblock (interrupt deal dmg + weakness, enemy skill has increased cd)

Dueling
+ Minor: Vigor on crit, Confusing Combatant (1 Confusion on crit)
+ Phan Fury (10s cd), Desperate Decoy (on getting hit at 50% HP), Duelist trait (33% chance to bleed, dmg + 20%, Interrupting recharge pistol skills)
+ Blind foe on shatter, Evasive Mirror(reflect on evade, 1.5 sec), Blade Training (+ 50 prec)
+ Harmonious Mantra (3 stacks, activating gives 1 stack of ferocity bonus), Mistrust (interrupting creates Confusion AoE on target), Deceptive Evasion

Chaos
+ Gain regen on low HP, Chaotic Persistence (increase 3% boon + condi duration on each boon applied to u)
+ Master of Manipulation (+ activate Mirror 2s after skill used)
+ Chaotic Dampening (+ protection on Chaos Armor, staff cd reduced in Chaos Armor)
+ Chaotic Interruption (immo on foe, might on u, extra condi/boon on pulse), PU (Stealth duration + 100%), Bountiful Disillusionment (shatter gains stab plus a boon)

Inspiration
+ Persisting images (Retal + 20% more HP), Protected Phantasm (Phants gain distortion on creation), Phant Healing (grant regen on allies, Healing +100/Illusion )
+ Medic’s Feedback, Mender’s Purity, Vigorous Revelation
+ Warden’s Feedback, Compounding Celerity (move faster)
+ Shattered Condition, Illusionary Inspiration (cast Signet of inspiration on summon illusion), Temporal Enchanter (Glamour last 2s longer, grants Super Speed on crossing)

Illusions
+ Shattered Strength (grant might per illusion, shatter cd reduced)
+ Persistence of memory (shatter recharge all phantasm skills), The Prestige (torch skills)
+ Sum of Fears (apply Torment on 5 stacks of Confusion), Phant Haste, Malicious Sorcery (scepter skills, Torment deal 50% more dmg)
+ Blinding Befuddlement (Confusion causes Blind, last longer), Master of Fragmentation (shatter skills), Maime of the disillusions

Mass Invi: Manipulation
Time Warp: Glamour

Baseline: Protective Mantra, Illusionary Persona
Retaliation traits removed
Signet of inspiration: guaranteed swiftness + another boon

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

EcoRI.9273

My feline grace build q.q

Zenith.7301

Wow, mesmers just got handled a steaming pile of crap for traits. The most blatant reference to a class being balanced around PvP, most of the stupid traits are interrupt based.

Regular recharge traits changed to recharge based on clone hits (which die immediately in pve).

Ugh, I can only hope the necromancer is better.

Iris Ng.9845

Necro

+ Death’s Embrace (merge downstate, downstate nerfed), Siphon Power (might on hit when enemy is at 50% HP)
+ Reaper Might, Bitter Chill (+ 5 vuln on chill)
+ Spinal Shiver, Death Shiver, Axe Training (+ 10% dmg on crippled foe, cd reduced based in hit)
+ Signet Master (cast signet of Locust, TBD), Spiteful Spirit (cast Unholy Feast when entering DS)

+ Minor:
+ Barb Prec + Haemophilia merge, Toxic Landing (falling), Chilling Darkness)
+ Banshee’s Wail, Path of Corruption
+ Lingering Curst (condi duration increase), Parasitic Contagion (15% condi dmg heals u), Terror

+ Minor: + Toughness on DS, + 20% DS generation, Beyond the Veil (protection when leaving DS)
+ Putrid Defense (-10% dmg from poisoned foe)
+ Deadly Strength (7% toughness -> Power, 2x amount in DS)
+ Necro Corruption (minions deal more dmg and transfer condi on hit)

+ Minor: Full of life (cd reduce), Vampiric (minions siphon health for u), Blood to Power (healing increases under 75% HP)
+ Mark of Evasion, Bloodthirst
+ Quickening thirst (move faster, cd reduced), Transfusion
+ Vampiric Rituals (3 well traits in 1, ground targeting becomes baseline), Deathly Invigoration (enter DS heals in an AoE)

+ Minors not changed
+ Unyielding Blast, Soul Marks (staff skills), Speed of Shadows (increase movement, reduce recharge)
+ DS skills recharge + decay reduction merge
+ Foot in the Grave (breaks stun), Dhummfire (no icd),

Baseline: Minion recharge reduced, Focus range skils, Burning stacks intensity

Jerus.4350

Engineer

+ Hobosack changes to handheld bundles. Grenade sac, med wrap
+ Med kit first two skills change, 1st = Healing Breeze, 2nd = a turret which buffs area, 3rd= syringe
+ Mortar kit is an equippable, longer range rifle which shoots 5 aoe fields
+ No fields on grenade skills
+ Engi has 5th Toolbelt skill for elite skill
+ Supply crate = Turret category

Explosives
+ Evasive Powder Keg (dodge bomb), Steel Packed Pwder, Explosive Powder (dmg + 10%)
+ Grenadier (radius and velocity, extra grenade is default), Explosive Rocket Belt (proj on hit 33% chance), TBD
+ Damage vs Target with Vuln, Explosive Descent (Fall dmg), Short Fuse (only Bomb)
+ Mortar Field (last longer + f5 is a barrage, skill 1 on kit is a blast finisher), Shrapnel (+ cripple), Evasive Powder keg (blast finisher on dodge)

Baseline: Accelerant Packed Turrets, Forceful Explosive (+radius), pistol 1 + rifle 5 become explosions.

Firearms
+ Sharpshooter, Target the Weak, Target the Maimed
+ New pistol trait (condi), + Crit change at <600 r, Precise Sights + Infused Precision merge
+ Rifle/Speargun (+ dmg, -cd), Crit to Condi conversion, Robo legs (reduced cripple, immob, chill, + swiftness duration)
+ Modified Ammunition, Juggernaut (pulsing stab, 1 stack/3s), Incendiary Powder + Napalm Specialist merge

Baseline: Rifled Barrels, Coated Bullets

I LOVE THIS DEV. HE MAKES MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!!! <3

You’re so right, taht dev is awesome! And engi looks to be getting quite a bit of love in the QoL department and power, can’t wait to get my hands on it. (and no mention of hammer yet! can only imagine)

I think someone likes me at ANet giving all the goodies to my Engi and Guard, whoever you are, I love you too!

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Iris Ng.9845

Ranger

+ Troll’s Unguent: Survival, Heal As One: Shout
+ Trap has 0.5 sec delay on activation after cast

Markmanship
+ Minors: no change
+ Enlargement (SotW on 25% HP), Predator’s Instinct, Beastmaster’s bond (cast Call of Arms when swapping pet)
+ Beastmaster’s Might (activate signet refreshes Opening strike and grants might, signet cd reduced)
+ Predator’s Onslaught (added Daze and Stun), Remorseless (gain Opening Strike on gaining Fury)
+ Lead the Wind (long bow 3 traits in 1: Recharge, Atk speed, Pierce)

Skirmishing
+ Minor: no change
+ Sharpened Edges (Bleeding on crit), Trapper’s Defense (Spike trap on revive), Most Dangerous Game (gain recurring 6 Might at 50% HP)
+ Primal Reflex (Vigor on evade), Spotter, Trapper’s expertise (longer duration, shorter recharge, bigger area)
+ Quick Draw (Reduce 66% cd time of the next skill after weapon swap), Light on Your feet (Dmg and condition increase while moving, shortbow skills), Strider’s Defense (50% chance to destroy projectiles on melee attack, sword skills)

Survival
+ Bark Skin (50% less damage when HP >90%)
+ Ambidexterity (Condi buff on torch or dagger, torch and dagger skills), Expertise Training (Pet)
+ Oakheart Salve (+ 5% less damage under effect of regen, shorter cd), Shared Anguish, Troll’s unguent
+ Wilderness Knowledge (combined all Survival traits+ casting Sharpening Stone), Poison Master (pet deals 2 stacks of Poison after swapping, poison dmg increase)

+ Lingering Magic (Boon applied last longer)
+ Bountiful Hunter (more dmg per boon), Nature’s Wrath, Healer’s Celerity
+ Evasive, Vigorous Training (gain vigor when swapping pet), Windborne Notes (Call to Arms gains Regen, warhorn recharge),
+ Nature’s Vengeance (skills activated on killed and are larger), Protective Ward (gain Protection and deal Weakness on getting hit, 12s cd)

Beastmaster
+ Minor: Pets move faster, deal more dmg, swapping and pet skills recharge reduced
+ Resounding Timbre (Shouts applies Regen, Swiftness, cd reduced)
+ Two-hand training (Gsword and Spear skills), Nature Healing (pet get regen and heal)
+ Beastly Warden (Pet taunts foe on f2), Zephyr’s Quickness (pet swap grants quickness and might), Honed Axes (Winter’s bite becomes AoE, Axe skills)

Baseline: Spirits no longer move

Jerus.4350

Am I reading that right “baseline: spirits no longer move”? wasn’t that the standard baseline and needed a trait to move?

Iris Ng.9845

Warrior

Strength
+ Minor: Same
+ Falling dmg trait, Physical Training (Physical skills deals more dmg based on Adrenalin level, eg Rampage)
+ Bodyblow (CC causes weakness and bleeding), Forceful Greatsword (grant might on crit, deal more dmg, recharge faster)
+ Berserker’s Power (more dmg on Burst Skills), Distracting Strikes (4 confusion on cc), Axe Mastery

Arms
+ Minor: Unsuspecting Foes (+ 50% crit chance on stunned foe), Attack of Opportunity)
+ Berserker’s Fury (fury when striking foe <25%HP), Signet Master (cast Signet of Might on foe <50% HP), Deep Strike (Fury boosts more condi dmg)
+ Rending Strike (+ Swiftness), Opportunistic, Blade Master (Sword skills, + crit chance)
+ Burst Precision, Furious, Dual Wielding (increase dmg and attack speed)

Defense
+ Minor: Same, Spiked Armor
+ Shield Master (+ gain might when blocking), Dogged March, Armored Attack (Toughness -> Power)
+ Last Stance (gain Blance Stance + Vigor when getting CC), Cull the Weak (5% more dmg on Weakened foe, deal weakness), Cleansing Ire
+ Sundering Mace (Mace skills), ROusing Resilience (Heal when breaking stun)

Tactic
+ Minor: Same first two, outgoing healing increase
+
+ Burnign Arrow (Dual Shot burns, long bow skill recharges faster)
+ Powerful Synergy (leap finisher activates twice), Vigorous Shouts (combined), Phalanx Strength

Discipline
+ Minor: Same first two, swapping gain might
+ Warrior’s Sprint (Movement skills break immobilization), Vengeance (combined)
+ Destruction of the Empowered, Brawler’s Recovery
+ Merciless Hammer, Burst Mastery, Heightened Focus (4s Quickeness when foe is below 50%)

Healing signet: passive healing reduced, active healing grants Resistance 6s (immune to condi)

@Jerus: There will be no traits that allow spirits to move. The dev said that they cull spirit zoo entirely.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Warrior’s Deep Cuts (bleeds 50% longer) gone? WTF.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

It has been moved and combined with the grandmaster minor trait Attack of Opportunity.

Attachments:

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

So delete my ele now?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It has been moved and combined with the grandmaster minor trait Attack of Opportunity.

ty, where’d you get this, btw, I can’t seem to find a site that has all the traits listed.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

Directly from the ReadyUp video

Dulfy will probably have a list of all the traits on the Reddit post or her website soon.

(edited by bearbear.1903)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

So delete my ele now?

No, staff ele is getting buffed pretty majorly.

However, because the air trait line is so F***ING HORRIBLE… we can kiss D/F and probably scepter+LH builds goodbye. :/

It’s a shame.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

im d/f all day err day. so basically delete
Thankfully I have an engi and a guardian.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

yeah apparently LH does op damage and needs to be nerfed same as IB, staff needs a buff tho clearly /smh .-.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I could understand IB nerf but LH nerf just strikes me as odd. Now conjures will totally be useless just like spirit weapons and thief traps except for niche situations :/

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

spoj.9672

I still see LH as possible. Infact you could even run staff with it. Cast meteor shower and switch to water. Then take your LH out and camp water for the damage mods. Wouldnt really work in long fights. And pure staff might still be better. But atleast the water damage mod traits are being preserved.

D/F is butchered though. So thats pretty kitten awful.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

So, picking adept or master level traits in a higher slot is no longer possible, correct? If so, I don’t really like that change. There are still some less than compelling GM traits in certain lines.

When’s the funeral for fresh air D/F, btw?

Zelendel

spoj.9672

Anyway if you think ele got it bad. You should see necros traitlines. Curses got pretty much butchered. No relevant grandmaster for power builds. 3 good condi traits in the grandmaster slot. But a condi build needs atleast 2 of them to work.

And then theres blood magic. Totally ignored all the bad traits in that line and didnt combine any of them. Total mess.