Specialization system = RIP meta as it is?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Necro, mesmer, and ranger got screwed so far…..

WTB Guardian/Thief treatment, actually useful traits and for goodness’s sake delete those “on downed” minors from the ranger. Since when is “when your go downed your pet gains quickness” acceptable.

Or opening strike being crap without remorseless which you will never take because it competes with predator’s onslaught or placing the kitten greatsword trait on the beastmaster line right after talking about how traits should go in matching traitlines.

Necro also in particular got the hybrid treatment, they’re really trying to force conditions on all necro builds, it’s dumb. They should have learned by now hybrid weapons/builds DO NOT WORK.

Then there’s also their pigheaded insistence that necromancers should not receive healing in death shroud.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Mesmer didnt get screwed. Id say mesmer got some of the best changes.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Mesmer didnt get screwed. Id say mesmer got some of the best changes.

Nah mesmers stuff isnt really that good imo. what changes do you say are great?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Well considering most of the stuff they build for in PvE is becoming baseline. And then theres the huge amounts of extra reflects. Confusion buffs. PU buff. Too many things to count. I was thinking “What!?” multiple times in every line while watching the stream.

Let me ask the opposite. What mesmer changes were nerfs or ruined current builds?

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

A lot of QoL things of mesmer make themselves to baseline.

Glamour all had their recharge rate reduced as a baseline. Traits that are made baseline: Illusionary Persona, Illusionary Elasticity, Protective Mantras (gain extra armor when you cast a mantra), Phantasmal damage boost traits,Manipulation range.

http://i.imgur.com/IVzYWca.jpg

Illusionary Inspiration : transfer your 25 stacks of Might and long lasting fury onto Illusion. Kinda crazy.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Necro changes killed what little hope i had inside. On the plus side, there will be 8 professions when HoT comes out!

phys.7689

Well considering most of the stuff they build for in PvE is becoming baseline. And then theres the huge amounts of extra reflects. Confusion buffs. PU buff. Too many things to count. I was thinking “What!?” multiple times in every line while watching the stream.

Let me ask the opposite. What mesmer changes were nerfs or ruined current builds?

PU is a buff to stealth duration, not really to the skill, which becomes more random. before it was defense oriented, now its unpredictable.
a lot of the baseline stuff was easy to get before, or somewhere you probably wanted to be in anyway.

mantra build is kinda dead now that it clashes with deceptive evasion,
interupt heavy things dont impress me for pve, because monsters dont attack often/fast enough to be worthwhile

what is the confusion buff?
looks like it is now weaker than a stack of bleed? i m assuming it has a low base tick now, and a portion on skill use based on the tool tips. but the total is lower than 1 bleed

Zenith.7301

They aren’t buffed.

We got 10% damage from vulnerability and the baseline 15% extra damage to phantasms. In exchange we’re locked to 3 lines.

So you have to take domination, where we have a garbage selection of grandmasters (power block, mental torment for useless shatters, or the even worse greatsword training, which actually nerfed phantasm cooldown).

The minors for domination are decent.

Then you have dueling for fury on phantasms, blade training, and harmonious mantras which is a nerf unless you take mantra of pain because now you gotta ramp up the stacks by frontloading the mantra charges from mantra of pain, and the buff duration is only a mere 8 seconds. In a longer fight you’re going to have to start recharging mantras, losing dps in the process.

The dueling minors are mediocre. Bleeding on crit and confusion on crit.

And the real kicker now is you have to choose now between illusion cd’s and phantasmal haste for sustained damage. In exchange you’re locked into a traitline with horrendous minors: confusion on shatters and might on shatters, when you don’t want to even shatter.

More importantly all the illusion grandmaster traits are garbage.

If you want reflect on warden, you now lose the illusions cd reduction, phantasmal haste, and have to eat an awful set of minors: useless retaliation on phantasms and 20% extra health (they still die in 1-2 hits to most mobs), and an even more awful minor that gives 3 pitiful seconds of regen pulsing from phantasms and 100 garbage healing power.

You’ll go mender’s purity, warden’s feedback, and illusionary inspiration.

Either way the mesmer loses either significant damage or significant utility, and the core problems with the class were not addressed, from phantasm ramp up, to terrible autoattack damage, to illusions dying trivially in most pve content to cleave, and terrible aoe options.

So yeah, pointing to PU is kinda laughable as the Chaos line is horrendously bad for any PvE environment besides stealth skips. It’s basically a line you’re using out of combat.

Also laughable is pointing to evasive mirror. It’s a 1.5 sec SINGLE person reflect that comes in exchange of blade training, so you get a 1.5 sec single person reflect off blurred frenzy, for what since you’ll still have a guardian or mesmer laying down reflect fields that suffice.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

phys.7689

Glamour all had their recharge rate reduced as a baseline. Traits that are made baseline: Illusionary Persona, Illusionary Elasticity, Protective Mantras (gain extra armor when you cast a mantra), Phantasmal damage boost traits,Manipulation range.

Illusionary Inspiration : transfer your 25 stacks of Might and long lasting fury onto Illusion. Kinda crazy.

45 second cooldown, useless? well.. not useless. but not that crazy

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Spoj you have to remember, the dev said on stream that both ice bow and LH will be drastically reduced in efficacy so it’s safe to assume that even with camping water, it’d still be bad to take LH on an ele. I guess it depends just how much they nerf it.

Either way it’s really really foolish of them and shows they don’t really have a big understanding of the class. Who takes LH in PvP anyways, why’s that util out of all of them getting nerfed? If anything it needs a buff lol.

Warrior on the other hand… HNNNNNG. Looks like it’ll end up being my main again, finally. <3

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Zenith.7301

That they nerfed conjures because they were “killing people” is kind of a headscratcher. I’d love to see where in WvW people were using lightning hammer because it certainly isn’t used in pve, and nerfing a conjure’s ice shower is kinda weird while leaving lava font and meteor shower alone in WvW where those aoe’s are racking up far more damage over the course of the playsession than an ice bow is.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The necro changes, its like… it’s the main reason I stepped away from the class. Every livestream and change it just seems like the devs have no idea what necro is about, they just throw around some changes and hope its not terrible. Guardian changes look insane, as do the engi changes, some of the thief changes look fun as well.

Idk how many of ya’ll did the living story but in that mirror challenge thing in the library, your mirror was meant to reflect the current pve meta, and ele used icebow and LH, so I have the suspicion they think the meta is still s/d water camping lh build… That’s the only thing I can think of because it isn’t used in pvp or wvw.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I wouldn’t call the Engi changes insane as much as just really nice. Guardian, yeah I really imagine them dropping the “in symbol” buff to like 10%, it’d still be very very nice. Still be a major buff.

I’m curious how the math will turn out on guard though. With the Symbol buff maintaining that will be key, but also you’re going to get the 10% on symbol damage. Will it be able to overtake GS/MaceFocus? I say Mace because again the symbol thing.

I imagine 66006 will be meta with GS/Mace+Focus. I imagine the hammer build will be nice as well, but you’ll lose your support.

I don’t know, excited, think they’ll tone guardian down a bit. I don’t think Engi is out of line at least from a PVE perspective (not educated enough to really judge pvp perspective).

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

By insane i didn’t mean unfair or too strong necessarily, just very exciting – its good stuff, relative to some of the other classes.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

phys.7689

By insane i didn’t mean unfair or too strong necessarily, just very exciting – its good stuff, relative to some of the other classes.

hmm i didnt really get that from engi, but i didnt get to watch the vid, the powerpoint looked too incomplete for me to call it.

Zenith.7301

It’s also the factor of something feeling new and changed for the better, and several classes, especially the ranger, got a bunch of recycled awful traits.

There’s a difference between gimmicks and actually good changes.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I understand they balance around sPvP and, as a mixed player, I like it that way.
It would be great though if they could pass they proposed changes to some PvE balance/design team (which probably doesn’t even exist) and get a bit of internal feedback.
I find incredible how little they seem to care / how oblivious they are about how things will work on different game modes.

As a Guardian and Elementalist player, I use to pick the ele when I felt damage and offensive supporting is what I need.
With the proposed changes, I don’t know if elementalist is going to be a worthy pick for anything. Any build outside staff (the ones that provide better utility and are more interesting gameplay wise) seem overnerfed, and it looks like offensive support will be easily handled by warriors (among many other things; they look kinda crazy right now).

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

interupt heavy things dont impress me for pve, because monsters dont attack often/fast enough to be worthwhile

Currently, effects triggered on interrupt will still happen even if the interruption gets blocked with defiance (at least last time I tested they did). This means, using daze mantra and pistol5/sw4/focus4 can give easy 3s quickness every 5s! Also, interrupt = 3 stacks of vuln, daze = 5 stacks of vuln. While boss is stunned/not using skill you finish him off with Mental Torment and I’m expecting to start seeing insane burst shatters.

EDIT: 3xMW has 2.0 coefficient/entity. At full buffs, thats 12.5k each. With the new MT trait, thats 18.75k/each. With IP being baseline, thats 18.75k x 4, a 75k shatter… ?

(edited by frifox.5283)

Zenith.7301

At the very least change those awful minors. 3 sec confusion on crit, 5 sec retal on a phantasm, 3 sec regen on phantasm, same low duration confusion on shatter is just bad. Why did all this terrible minors make it live, and why do we get no good grandmasters in the domination line or Illusions.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

engi got a blast finisher on dodge? oh man, this is going to be fun

to me ele got a hit, goodbye dagger and scepter builds, and even staff lost damagae.modifiers…

sad about mesmers

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

engi got a blast finisher on dodge? oh man, this is going to be fun

to me ele got a hit, goodbye dagger and scepter builds, and even staff lost damagae.modifiers…

sad about mesmers

Ele won’t do so much damage as before but thieves might deal even more damage.

Ryn.6459

yes thief warrior engi and guards are the winners. Ele stll will be on the meta, but I dont think we will stack them anymore.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Ele stll will be on the meta, but I dont think we will stack them anymore.

For what purpose do you think ele will remain as a solid choice?

rotten.9753

yes thief warrior engi and guards are the winners. Ele stll will be on the meta, but I dont think we will stack them anymore.

One ele for perma fury? Since warrior can stack mights more easily and thief does more damage.

Zenith.7301

Staff ele wasn’t nerfed though. Sure you’re losing ice bow but staff ele is competitive even with a buffed thief and does far more aoe DPS on top of his many blast fields and versatile utility.

Probably gonna be the guard displacing the mesmer, warrior, one ele, one thief.

What’s clear is if any class gets replaced, it will be the warrior or mesmer or even guardian but certainly not the ele or thief, they simply excel far above the others at what they do best (ele for strong single target and the best aoe ingame, and thief as the undisputed single target DPS class).

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Ryn.6459

im unsure about phalanx wars… Without.boon duration on the trait line… And we will not invest in any gear otjer.than berserker…. We will need the food and.atrnght runes

I forsee thief warrior ele guard and engi as new meta. Ele wont have the burst anymire, so engis vuln is gonna be needed. And blast on dodge fits so well.woth staff ele.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Mesmers have always been best at complaining about changes, maybe next to warrior, so I’m not gonna say anything about that :p some valid points were made, but its no major issue. I do have to adress to iris though, illusions don’t get affected by booms coming from the outside in terms of damage, so no, we aren’t gonna give 25 might to illusions to phantasms

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

rotten.9753

Staff ele wasn’t nerfed though. Sure you’re losing ice bow but staff ele is competitive even with a buffed thief and does far more aoe DPS on top of his many blast fields and versatile utility.

Probably gonna be the guard displacing the mesmer, warrior, one ele, one thief.

What’s clear is if any class gets replaced, it will be the warrior or mesmer or even guardian but certainly not the ele or thief, they simply excel far above the others at what they do best (ele for strong single target and the best aoe ingame, and thief as the undisputed single target DPS class).

That’s the point, staff eles wasn’t nerfed much while other, less efficient builds like d/f were nerfed harder and now lose to staff build by a large margin since you cannot take btth. Plus, staff ele is extremely boring to play, hence most likely not too confusing for new players.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

any thought about thief? what weapon and trait combo will get the most dps?

rotten.9753

any thought about thief? what weapon and trait combo will get the most dps?

Same as before, they were simply buffed, like baseline dagger training, top kek, since daggers obviously need more damage to be competitive,

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I do have to adress to iris though, illusions don’t get affected by booms coming from the outside in terms of damage, so no, we aren’t gonna give 25 might to illusions to phantasms

Wait, so if a phantasm as might, it has no effect? Or am I reading this wrong?

On another note, with all the talk of terrible grandmaster traits, we’re really seeing the negative side of not being able to take lower tier traits.

Sanderinoa.8065

I do have to adress to iris though, illusions don’t get affected by booms coming from the outside in terms of damage, so no, we aren’t gonna give 25 might to illusions to phantasms

Wait, so if a phantasm as might, it has no effect? Or am I reading this wrong?

On another note, with all the talk of terrible grandmaster traits, we’re really seeing the negative side of not being able to take lower tier traits.

You are correct, a phantasm’s stats are directly linked to the mesmer’s but this is one way traffic. This means that when the mesmer gets buffed, his illusions gain said stat increase,but when the phantasm gets a buff by itself, his stats will remain linked to the unbuffed mesmer, meaning it has no effect.

Some mechanics prioritize over this, such as that precision leads to critical chance, explaining why fury on the mesmer doesn’t affect crit chance on your phantasms(as fury doesn’t increase precision), which explains the need for the trait.

I still obviously agree that the inability of taking lower tiered traits is an extreme bummer, as Im personally in a dilemma as to choose phantasmal fury or +20% pistolier damage

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Sanderinoa.8065

On another note, frifox, while the shatter sounds really cool and I’d like to try it out, the quickness on interrupt trait doesn’t trigger when the interrupt isnt complete. It seems as if only effects that would get transferred to the opposing party are allowed to pass through defiance.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

RIP 2/2/2/2/2 builds.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Meh, I’m not seeing this “diversity”. Ele pretty much gets confined to staff now and as much as I like the buff to guardian I can say bye bye to sword and scepter since no symbol. Since I play those the most, overall a boring change imo.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I imagine the hammer build will be nice as well, but you’ll lose your support.

wanders off to cry in a dark corner

I absolutely love the fractal hammer build. sniff

At least the damage oufput of guardians seems to get a buff, which I have to admit, I appreciate.

However, I will continue to mourn for all builds that used more than 3 traitlines.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’m extremely excited to see I still have the pet quickness on down trait.
Today was a good day.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Today was a good day.

There is something, something good. Something. Amaze

cranos.5913

I’m curious how the math will turn out on guard though. With the Symbol buff maintaining that will be key, but also you’re going to get the 10% on symbol damage. Will it be able to overtake GS/MaceFocus? I say Mace because again the symbol thing.

I imagine 66006 will be meta with GS/Mace+Focus. I imagine the hammer build will be nice as well, but you’ll lose your support.

I don’t know, excited, think they’ll tone guardian down a bit.

Why is this so exciting to you tho? We get a 20% with symbol buff, but our flat 10% while the enemy has condi got nerfed. I’m sure we’ll do more damage now, but where I would constantly swap mace, sword and scepter in fractals, now I will pretty much stay with mace or depending how the math turns out… spamming hammer 1 all day. In the end, while we’ll see a bit bigger numbers, the gameplay changes sound terribly boring overall.

Iris Ng.9845

45 second cooldown, useless? well.. not useless. but not that crazy

Let’s say, if a fight is short, 25 stacks of Might really cut off the ramping up time of mesmer dps by a lot. Your group stacks 25 Might and 1 minute of Fury before Belka. You immediately run in summon 2 Wardens in 7 seconds and a Swordman. Before the Might even expires, Belka is dead. 45 second cool down becomes a non issue.

Another example is at Lupi, you summon 2 swordmen and 1 warden before p1. The boon lasts long enough until you shatter them at the start of phase 2. Imagine if they have Aegis or Protection, they could survive for quite a bit so as to not dampen your DPS.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Iris Ng.9845

Today was a good day.

Pet res you faster. Victory secured.

Iris Ng.9845

Mesmers have always been best at complaining about changes, maybe next to warrior, so I’m not gonna say anything about that :p some valid points were made, but its no major issue. I do have to adress to iris though, illusions don’t get affected by boons coming from the outside in terms of damage, so no, we aren’t gonna give 25 might to illusions to phantasms

Sandy,

According to the trait, whenever you summon illusion, you copy all your boons to nearby allies. I assume it’s kinda lackluster (for a GM) and misleading if a mesmer cannot copy his boons to the illusions. That’s where I think illusions are going to inherit boons from mesmer. It’s a new trait which probably doesn’t work with the current mechanics, as you have tested out. But who knows if they actually make it work in the future.

Pistol is so very nice to go with an interrupt-heavy build. I think mesmer looks more promising than it is currently.

Iris Ng.9845

Currently, effects triggered on interrupt will still happen even if the interruption gets blocked with defiance (at least last time I tested they did). This means, using daze mantra and pistol5/sw4/focus4 can give easy 3s quickness every 5s! Also, interrupt = 3 stacks of vuln, daze = 5 stacks of vuln. While boss is stunned/not using skill you finish him off with Mental Torment and I’m expecting to start seeing insane burst shatters.

EDIT: 3xMW has 2.0 coefficient/entity. At full buffs, thats 12.5k each. With the new MT trait, thats 18.75k/each. With IP being baseline, thats 18.75k x 4, a 75k shatter… ?

Oh gosh, this is gonna get nerfed for sure. But quickness!!! I so desperately hope that they give Quickness instead of Super Speed to One with Air trait and ele would never have to complain about missing out Bolt to the Heart

And don’t forget sigil of Impact, giving you 10% more dmg with MW

phys.7689

Mesmers have always been best at complaining about changes, maybe next to warrior, so I’m not gonna say anything about that :p some valid points were made, but its no major issue. I do have to adress to iris though, illusions don’t get affected by boons coming from the outside in terms of damage, so no, we aren’t gonna give 25 might to illusions to phantasms

Sandy,

According to the trait, whenever you summon illusion, you copy all your boons to nearby allies. I assume it’s kinda lackluster (for a GM) and misleading if a mesmer cannot copy his boons to the illusions. That’s where I think illusions are going to inherit boons from mesmer. It’s a new trait which probably doesn’t work with the current mechanics, as you have tested out. But who knows if they actually make it work in the future.

Pistol is so very nice to go with an interrupt-heavy build. I think mesmer looks more promising than it is currently.

i think you may have got the good use of it off, basically, most other boons are useful to your phantasm, quickness, protection,aegis, stability,regen etc.

Also, its basically like getting the signet use for free. it works for your teammates too, so that means you can give everyone around you aegis, might stacks, fury duration, protection duration stability, swiftness whatever.

so its probably pretty good, but its not about boosting the dps of your phantasms.

but like you say its possible this may change, or the trait itself may change. keep in mind its in the support section, so its focus is probably more about team support than phantasm dps.

phys.7689

Oh gosh, this is gonna get nerfed for sure. But quickness!!! I so desperately hope that they give Quickness instead of Super Speed for One with Air and ele would never have to complain about Bolt to the Heart(

And don’t forget sigil of paralyzation, giving you 10% more dmg with MW

pretty sure the quickness trait existed for awhile and no one really cared that much, ahh the key is they lowered the recast drastically.

as for the insane mindwrack, they said the boost amount will probably be going down.

Jerus.4350

Why is this so exciting to you tho? We get a 20% with symbol buff, but our flat 10% while the enemy has condi got nerfed. I’m sure we’ll do more damage now, but where I would constantly swap mace, sword and scepter in fractals, now I will pretty much stay with mace or depending how the math turns out… spamming hammer 1 all day. In the end, while we’ll see a bit bigger numbers, the gameplay changes sound terribly boring overall.

I hear ya, just excited to have things mixed up a bit.

Sword will definitely take a beating. Losing the trait for it, and not really having much else special about it for many situations, mace will almost always take over. Scepter also loses the 10%er, and even if they tossed that on the scepter trait you’d be losing Fiery Wrath’s 10%.

I guess if I could adjust some stuff I’d change that line of traits, 15-20% increase on scepter, you have to counter fiery wrath so high % makes sense IMO. Then get rid of that awful retal trait and slip in a sword one that makes it compete.

Sanderinoa.8065

Sandy,

Iris, According to the trait, signet of inspiration is activated opun phantasm use, and we know how signet of inspiration works. there’s no ‘making it work’ with phantasms, because its the fundamental way phantasms work. If they would change it, phantasms would be allowed to have 50 stacks of might, which is unrealistic.
That aside, the signet has a target limit of 5, priorizing players, so illusions wouldn’t benefits from it in the first place, unless they change that too.

Id much rather keep phantasms like this than give them base stats and have them be affected by boons. This trait will benefit your party, but phantasms will only get any real benefits from a possible aegis you can apply to them.

snip

I agree that the signet is great to get for free for party support, though I wonder how they’ll handle how you’ll deal with the internal cooldown.
It seems like you’ll easily waste it as you can’t see if its on or off cooldown. I think you’re right to say its a likely subject to change. Right now, however, it seems lacklustery, and not worth grandmaster position.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

cranos.5913

I hear ya, just excited to have things mixed up a bit.

Sword will definitely take a beating. Losing the trait for it, and not really having much else special about it for many situations, mace will almost always take over. Scepter also loses the 10%er, and even if they tossed that on the scepter trait you’d be losing Fiery Wrath’s 10%.

I guess if I could adjust some stuff I’d change that line of traits, 15-20% increase on scepter, you have to counter fiery wrath so high % makes sense IMO. Then get rid of that awful retal trait and slip in a sword one that makes it compete.

At the very least we have shorter CD on GS skills in a decent trait line now, I guess. And 10% dmg boost while having retal is decent. If I could change anything it’d be making smite a symbol and a boost to sword in the radiance GM slot. Radiance GM traits are meh. We might get some more power out of bane signet passive or more burning dmg… Nothing interesting or exciting.

Jerus.4350

Yeah and wasn’t Radiant Retal shown to do less damage even with condi build than the power alternative? I seem to remember reading some issue about it. Would be nice to see that replaced with a sword trait, really there are a few mediocre traits I’d like to see adjusted. Wrathful Spirit would be an optional slot for it, competing with Scepter trait and fiery wrath (would need a large effect to counter loss of fiery wrath). Permeating Wrath seems quite lackluster as well and I think should be combined into Supreme Justice. Again freeing a slot for a possible sword trait to compete with Indomitable Courage and Battle Presence both support options.

cranos.5913

Yeah and wasn’t Radiant Retal shown to do less damage even with condi build than the power alternative? I seem to remember reading some issue about it. Would be nice to see that replaced with a sword trait, really there are a few mediocre traits I’d like to see adjusted. Wrathful Spirit would be an optional slot for it, competing with Scepter trait and fiery wrath (would need a large effect to counter loss of fiery wrath). Permeating Wrath seems quite lackluster as well and I think should be combined into Supreme Justice. Again freeing a slot for a possible sword trait to compete with Indomitable Courage and Battle Presence both support options.

Afaik radiant retal was just plain broken from the start. Never did anything useful. As for the scepter, I don’t see the trait as useful at all. Since warrior can be both PS and DPS now we’ll definitely always have might. Even from a pvp standpoint I’d rather have the 10% for instant burst instead of ramping up might IF the enemy is stupid enough to stay in smite. Making smite a symbol though will do good dmg and keep it in the same situation as it is now, great for large hitbox targets.