Specialization system changes nothing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

In regards to dungeons, everything will still work the same.

You pull mobs around a corner and cleave them down with Berserker gear and a couple aoe CCs.

Conditions are too slow to get going in these 5-10 second fights.
Tank builds don’t work if everyone else is squishy (you just hold back their rally).
Abusing easy rally system.

The entire meta of dungeons is fairly ridiculous as it is.

I’m wondering if there is anything that can even be done about this?
Get people off of berserker gear for once.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Getting people off zerker gear doesn’t fix this either … assuming it’s a problem of course.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Well your first mistake was posting in the trashcan forum.

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

Getting people off zerker gear doesn’t fix this either … assuming it’s a problem of course.

I know it doesn’t. But it’s kind of silly having everyone in the entire game using the same gear set for meta PvE.

But every dungeon in the game is basically the same. Stack around a corner and mash buttons.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

But every dungeon in the game is basically the same. Stack around a corner and mash buttons.

Well, then DON’T stack in the corner and mash buttons. There is no law requiring you to do so.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I don’ think specializations where really meant to fix current dungeon mechanics. I think its worked to focus on new/upcoming dungeons.

If dev’s were going to change the current dungeons and their mechanics it would be in its only completely different release/post.

I’m more exited to see what new dungeons they’ll be rolling out, seeing how much they’ve learned from their previous ones.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Well, then DON’T stack in the corner and mash buttons. There is no law requiring you to do so.

And yes, stacking is the META but it isn’t the only way to do dungeons. If you hate stacking so much, LFG for a ‘no stacking’ party. Before stacking was meta, dungeons where pretty epic and hard. That stacking meta, broke dungeons, but that isn’t dev’s faults. Its not the dev’s fault for players liking the stacking meta over the other tactics you can use.

But I do see future dungeons having less stacking meta’s. But I seriously doubt they’ll take stacking away as a tactic in the game Stacking will always be one of the base/core methods of play in GW2. If you don’t like it, go play another game that doens’t allow for stacking, you’ll probably see the faults in that system too (trust me, there are faults)

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Stacking isn’t meta, playing in melee range is.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You’re mistaking the problem being our skills and not the content. We’ve perfected dungeons far enough that, no anything but damage is pretty silly. Jump in fractals and these more supportive builds become quite nice. Just take a look at Skady’s cleric guard videos.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Stacking isn’t meta, playing in melee range is.

maybe that could change if blasts got a radius increase. the addition of taunt will help to control aggro to group mobs up, all we really need is to be able to buff/heal each other from outside of melee.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

im pretty sure guardian binding blade and mesmer temporal curtain groups mobs up just fine, lol

and no, the buff radius as is supports teamplay, increasing the range will support sitting at range doing nothing

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

You pull mobs around a corner

speculation states that you wont be able to do this as effectively anymore.

insanemaniac.2456

im pretty sure guardian binding blade and mesmer temporal curtain groups mobs up just fine, lol

and no, the buff radius as is supports teamplay, increasing the range will support sitting at range doing nothing

in my experience guardians dont generally like taking gs, idk why not. i pug a lot. maybe thats it. and also, most runs are faster without a mes. the reflect damage is situational (and really good where its good) and the rest of the time their dps is bleah. both in pugs and in organized groups (at least in organized groups i can get super sneaky portals). more classes having aoe control is a good thing. it gives options. if say.. necro gets an aoe taunt that bypasses defiance, well, id be less skeptical about parties that have necros.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

in my experience guardians dont generally like taking gs, idk why not. i pug a lot. maybe thats it.

That’s so sad… =/

I’m glad I don’t pug.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I know it doesn’t. But it’s kind of silly having everyone in the entire game using the same gear set for meta PvE.

How is it silly for there to be one single gear type to use that’s best in optimized gameplay? That makes perfect sense to me. The only way this couldn’t be the case is if everything had equal stats, which would be ret____d.

And if you are stacking around a corner mashing buttons then you are not participating in meta PvE gameplay, you’re just pugging… which is amateur-level PvE, and fairly unrelated to meta gameplay.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

last time i checked there was nothing besides amateur-level PvE in this game.

[qT] Quantify

Purple Miku.7032

Just in case you were planning to go off on a tangent about a GW2 vs Wildstar comparison based off of my response….

No one cares about Wildstar.

NoTrigger.8396

just in case you still believe there is something in gw2 that requires skill, you are mistaken.

beating easy mode content is nothing to be proud of and its amateur level pve in its clearest form.

[qT] Quantify

Jerus.4350

Truly curious, Wildstar turned me off with just about everything but the high end pve content (what it looked like before the game came out) so I never gave it a chance. But, is the content individually much harder? or is it that you have larger teams and it’s more an issue of getting everyone on the same page and herding cats while the individual difficulty isn’t really all that much more?

Purple Miku.7032

That must be exactly why you’ve played it so much and post so often on the forums.

It must have been so much fun to dedicate all of those hours practicing your guardian gameplay, knowing that every single aspect of your time investment was amateur-level, required no skill and was all just RNG.

I still remember the days when I was newer to rT and you would pm me to discuss strategies for solos and how you wanted to work on improving your times and individual performance. Oh how the times have changed.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

NoTrigger.8396

Truly curious, Wildstar turned me off with just about everything but the high end pve content (what it looked like before the game came out) so I never gave it a chance. But, is the content individually much harder? or is it that you have larger teams and it’s more an issue of getting everyone on the same page and herding cats while the individual difficulty isn’t really all that much more?

the shortest answer i can give you is it tooks guilds who were raiding 5-6 days a week from 7pm til 1 am 6 months to clear datascape. the first boss alone took 42 days. its pretty much harder in every aspect.

That must be exactly why you’ve played it so much and post so often on the forums.

It must have been so much fun to dedicate all of those hours practicing your guardian gameplay, knowing that every single aspect of your time investment was amateur-level, required no skill and was all just RNG.

I still remember the days when I was newer to rT and you would pm me to discuss strategies for solos and how you wanted to work on improving your times and individual performance. Oh how the times have changed.

i played 3000 hours in gw2, because of the combat, not because its hard. when they released gw2 there wasnt any other MMO on the market with such a great combat system. there is a reason why i am asking for harder content for over 2 years.

maybe one day you will play a game thats actually hard and you will understand why the entire gw2 PvE is amateur level.

[qT] Quantify

Purple Miku.7032

I didn’t say anything about GW2 being hard, I just find it hilarious how you say there’s 0 skill involved in anything because of how obviously false that is. You talk so condescending as if you’re too good for this game yet here you always are, posting on its forums and boasting about your beloved Wildstar all of the time.

If there was no skill involved in the combat in this game then I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t enjoy the combat so much. There wouldn’t be so many terrible and good players either yet there is obviously a huge spectrum.

It is easy to succeed in the game because they make content that caters to the majority, which are players that don’t and won’t spend months trying to beat bosses. Just being able to beat bosses in GW2 is nothing in particular to be proud of, yeah, but there is a huge difference in skillful play among players on this game. Whether or not you find it meaningless to strive for more skillful play on here is completely irrelevant – the fact of the matter is it exists.

Point is, you lie.

NoTrigger.8396

Just being able to beat bosses in GW2 is nothing in particular to be proud of

and thats why its amateur level, there is no requirement to succeed in PvE.
killing stuff fast is just a matter of how interested you are in the game and if you are kittened or not.

not being kittened isnt even enough to kill stuff in other games.

Point is, you lie.

you can call me liar once you have played a game thats hard.

[qT] Quantify

Purple Miku.7032

Heh, this reminds me of all the people in the general discussion forums who beg for trinity roles in GW2.

So you have a completely different definition of what amateur-level PvE is than me, which is fine but maybe you should try being a little more consistent for a change.

To me, amateur-level is just doing the bare minimum to get by without trying to learn how to do it better, because their objective has nothing to do with self-improvement or optimization. This is based off of the definition of what an amateur is.

And I don’t care about playing other MMOs right now, especially not subscription-fee ones. It doesn’t matter to me how difficult your Wildstar bosses are, because of there not being the slightest chance of me ever playing it to begin with.

NoTrigger.8396

well look at what guilds/players in MMOs with a competitive PvE do to win (world firsts) and especially at their discipline. thats a whole different level than what you see in gw2.

and i wasnt talking about wildstar in specific when i said gw2 PvE is amateur level. WoW is probably the best example to look at because the competitive scene in WoW exists for a much longer time.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

gw2 is just lacking content at the moment where almost all the fractals/dungeons have been min/maxed in terms of efficacy. So yes it is easy at the moment but it was definitely hard when no one knew how to play this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

competitive PvE

amazingly dumb term. There is nothing competitive about any PvE anywhere. Yeah, you can try to be the first or the fastest but in the end PvE is not competitive at all.

Purple Miku.7032

amazingly dumb term. There is nothing competitive about any PvE anywhere. Yeah, you can try to be the first or the fastest but in the end PvE is not competitive at all.

?

Announcing the Guild Wars 2 Trio Challenge Competitive PvE Tournament!

What about that?

You aren’t the only person to act as if these tournaments didn’t happen, and it’s puzzling to me how you claim it as fact that there’s no PvE competition at all when there clearly is.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I do not act as if these “tournaments” didn’t happen. But you are trying to make something competitive that is by design not. But sure, enjoy your tournaments, i mean people are making competitions out of everything. There must be a “sitting idly” tournament somewhere in the world.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I remember playing IdleRPG on IRC ages ago, competitive AFK on IRC to see who can afk the longest lmao.

Edit: Oblig #stillmorechallengingthanGW2pve

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Jerus.4350

the shortest answer i can give you is it tooks guilds who were raiding 5-6 days a week from 7pm til 1 am 6 months to clear datascape. the first boss alone took 42 days. its pretty much harder in every aspect.

If that’s a yes, cool. Not trying to start any arguments, just the “proof” isn’t really saying much as I could say the same thing about many Everquest raids, but in the end they were giant puzzles, we’d have half the force understanding them somewhat quickly and the big speed bump in our progression was always waiting for the other half of the force to get ont he same page of understanding and put it all together for a win. So that’s what I’m more curious about. I expect a certain level of puzzle, where you spend some time simply trying to figure out what’s going on and how to approach it. Then there’s the issue of getting the whole team to understand and be prepared. Then there’s the actual execution, and that’s what I’m curious about, how tough is the actual execution of the raid? Those people who took 42 days to beat the first boss on that raid, when they went in there again did they blow it up, or do they still continue to wipe sometimes due to poor execution?

Jerus.4350

competitive PvE

And this is the most amazingly dumb argument I’ve seen in a while. “Sure you can make competitions but that doesn’t make it competitive” do you not understand how ludicrous that sounds?

By the way, Speed Walking is an Olympic sport… so is curling.

If you make something a competition it’s competitive, that’s kind of the definition.

As someone who competed for World/Server first back in EQ. Also doing DPS contests with my teammates, and Speed Run competitions of various things with the community there. Then doing the same in the games I played after, to me PVE has always had a competitive element to it. Even if only with yourself you compete to improve. Of course you can choose to not compete, that’s fine. But it doesn’t mean that the competition isn’t there. The idea of “well you’re not going against another person” doesn’t hold ground either. Look at Golf, you’re not playing the other person, you’re playing the course then comparing scores. It’s the same thing.

insanemaniac.2456

in my experience guardians dont generally like taking gs, idk why not. i pug a lot. maybe thats it.

That’s so sad… =/

I’m glad I don’t pug.

on the flip side, when im roaming wvw… every time i walk up to a camp next to a guardian they immediately JI or leap and gs5. every time. on all 3 servers ive been on so far.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

That’s so sad… =/

I’m glad I don’t pug.

I run with two or three guildies due to the loss of players from lack of content. So we have to pug the last two spots. I myself main a guard and always have my greatsword except for the most rare exceptions.

And no, pugging isn’t fun at all. Sometimes I have to pug all 4 spots

I actually got a group that failed the bomb room on CoF path two the other night cause an ele died due to fire then mist formed off so we could get the bomb without resing her. When she went down down the warrior decided it was a better use of time to res her from death (despite her telling him to go run bombs) rather then run the rest of the bombs. And when the other ele died there was still a bomb setting there no one even picked up to run

Gawd I hate pugs.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

killing stuff fast is just a matter of how interested you are in the game and if you are kittened or not.

So Professional PvE exist where? Amateur level to describe PvE game mean nothing since every single PvE game in history is amateur level. Nobody get paid to play professional PvE.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

Try to play csgo , or starcraft ladder to understand what people mean with hard games

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Those are competative games. They arent hard. Thats a completely absurd comparison to make. x)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They are PvP game too.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I run with two or three guildies due to the loss of players from lack of content. So we have to pug the last two spots. I myself main a guard and always have my greatsword except for the most rare exceptions.

And no, pugging isn’t fun at all. Sometimes I have to pug all 4 spots

I actually got a group that failed the bomb room on CoF path two the other night cause an ele died due to fire then mist formed off so we could get the bomb without resing her. When she went down down the warrior decided it was a better use of time to res her from death (despite her telling him to go run bombs) rather then run the rest of the bombs. And when the other ele died there was still a bomb setting there no one even picked up to run

Gawd I hate pugs.

Yeah I stopped doing dungeons after being down to 2-3 people only. Nowadays I just sit in DR trolling map chat or something lol.

So glad I don’t really need the gold right now or I’d be so mad being ‘forced’ to pug.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I don’ think specializations where really meant to fix current dungeon mechanics. I think its worked to focus on new/upcoming dungeons.

As if Anet cares about dungeons enough to make new ones…