Spirit Shards

Spirit Shards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Forgive me if I missed a post/thread in here about this, but…

• Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.

Does that mean we won’t be getting spirit shards from completing dungeons? Currently we’d be getting about 70% of one. We still might get them from the trash we kill in dungeons, but be real here.. Anet is obviously going to balance them for open world event farmers.

Spirit Shards

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Still should get some from the champ bags?

Spirit Shards

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

From what I understood, spirit shards are a random drop off enemies, still dropped from champ bags, and all current SP are converted to shards upon logging in on a character for the first time after the patch with an unknown ETA. However we will get that experience from the end dungeon reward going to the masteries( 1 set is only in HoT, 1 set in the current world).

Spirit Shards

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

Forgive me if I missed a post/thread in here about this, but…

• Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.

Does that mean we won’t be getting spirit shards from completing dungeons? Currently we’d be getting about 70% of one. We still might get them from the trash we kill in dungeons, but be real here.. Anet is obviously going to balance them for open world event farmers.

Seems to be that way – we won’t be getting Spirit Shards from leveling up past 80. If the Mastery system was implemented, leveling up after 80 should add the experience into the Mastery track.

From what I understood, spirit shards are a random drop off enemies, still dropped from champ bags, and all current SP are converted to shards upon logging in on a character for the first time after the patch with an unknown ETA. However we will get that experience from the end dungeon reward going to the masteries( 1 set is only in HoT, 1 set in the current world).

Sadly the Mastery System is region specific. So doing a dungeon in vanilla Tyria will not progress the Mastery tracks that are tied to HoT. (Source)

(edited by EiLrahc.8076)

Spirit Shards

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

But doing a dungeon should progress the other Tyrian(current map) tracks, including(idk) fractals, and whatever else they throw in?

Spirit Shards

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

But doing a dungeon should progress the other Tyrian(current map) tracks, including(idk) fractals, and whatever else they throw in?

Yup, you are correct. Though this begs the question of whether the experience gained from dungeons will take a hit given that it could potentially fill up the Mastery track faster than doing dynamic events at HoT-specific regions. Also, why spend 2 hours doing a fractal when you could finish 3 dungeon paths in under 45 mins.

What do you think? Would they nerf dungeon exp? Or reduce the contribution to the Mastery track? Or simply cut off dungeons altogether. Wow, that last option would really suck for players who love dungeons.

Spirit Shards

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

They might just rework what the xp reward for dungeons is completely. Maybe add mastery xp to fractals too since currently the only xp you get from fractals is from killing stuff.