Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Finding a Raid
- Not present in Contacts and LFG [Y] menu
- Maguuma needs to be its own search thing Contacts and LFG [Y] menu
- Cannot differentiate Spirit Vale from the rest of Tyria LFG and LFG people

Joining a Raid
- Cannot Invite people within the instance Spirit Vale
- Cannot join a group of people within the instance Spirit Vale (frequently)
- Cannot get Party [P], top left icon / invite panel to detect, join, or group with people reliably

Mechanics of Raid:
- Enrage mechanic unnecessary
- Enrage mechanic presupposes everyone is not just already in Ascended Gear, but already in Legendary Gear due to need to swap builds/weapons to maximize functionality of individuals in Squad and Squad at large

Mechanics of Guild Wars 2:
- Impractical and insufficient menu systems
- Raid mechanics require frequent trait and build swapping
- Game does not provide the option for Gear, Trait, or Build Template saving making this an ignorant hassle despite Guild Wars 1 provides for this
- Weapon swapping from two-handed to dual-wield means that one weapon instantly drops the weapon worn into first open bag slot rather than invisible bag slot or dedicated weapons storage area
- Weapon swapping from two-handed to dual-wield raises serious concern that the frequent need to salvage or sort bags will inevitably lead to salvaging portion of our gear
- User Interface Menu system, Trait swapping, build swapping, and such like primitive and unsolved compared with demands placed upon the player
- User Interface less evolved nor pragmatic as former game: Guild Wars 1

Spirit Vale - List of Issues

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

- Weapon swapping from two-handed to dual-wield means that one weapon instantly drops the weapon worn into first open bag slot rather than invisible bag slot or dedicated weapons storage area
- Weapon swapping from two-handed to dual-wield raises serious concern that the frequent need to salvage or sort bags will inevitably lead to salvaging portion of our gear

This has been a problem for elementalists for ages, and its something you have to get used to.
Alternatively you can swap weapons from the hero panel to prevent this issue from occurring.

Most of your points are opinions, and they aren’t necessarily issues

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

True, and I’m used to it. My ele is in full ascended already.

Opinions or not, who wants to play a game that’s entire experience is playing “switch and swap” in the menu system.

I hated ball-and-cup as a child, too, yes.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

- Enrage mechanic presupposes everyone is not just already in Ascended Gear

I think once you play with a good group and you guys learn the fight better you’ll find that its more than possible to kill the boss in full exotics with minutes left on the enrage timer.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I agree with the difficulty of Finding a Rain and Joining a Raid. Those don’t really impact me because I run with my guild squad, but those are issue that need to be fixed because people will want to run raid in pugs. At least part of raids or when you are looking for 1-2 pugs to complete your group.

Enrage timer, i disagree completely. There won’t be 1 answer there. It’s NOT a matter of good or bad design. Some people thing that it’s THE most important thing, some like it, other don’t mind and some dislike. There are there, like it or not and there is not logical issue with it, just opinion about whether or not it’s good.

- Impractical and insufficient menu systems: I’m not sure what you are talking specifically, but true enough. There could be a lot more option there.

- Raid mechanics require frequent trait and build swapping. Which is something that love so much, so I can’t agree with you on that. I think that’s a great thing. It’s the timer all over again. Matter of opinion.

- Gear, Trait, or Build Template saving : Completely agree.

- Weapon swapping from two-handed to dual-wield. True, this could be better handle by the game. But you get use to it if pretty quickly. What Salvaging your gear?? Ok now you are stretching. I won’t salvage my ascended weapons. Minor issue IMO.

- User Interface Menu system, Trait swapping, build swapping, and such like primitive and unsolved compared with demands placed upon the player. I disagree. It’s pretty intuitive and fast now. Except if we are talking again about build template.

- User Interface less evolved nor pragmatic as former game: Guild Wars 1. Different yes, less evolved? Debatable. You would have to be more specific there, because for now It look a lot more like nostalgia than anything else.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Non-issues imo.

As for a raidfinder, Anet stated they have no plans to add one as they don’t feel this content should be tackled by pugs. Of course this will happen at some point, but I don’t think ANet will change their stance on this any time soon. Think of it what you will.

Can’t say anything about joining Squads, however my leader didn’t encounter any issues inviting people from anywhere.

Enrage timer is necessary to provide pressure, believe me this little timer adds a lot to it.

I can agree on the UI, 90% of the things not being resizeable, wasted space, lack of being able to turn certain window-borders (like the inventory) transparent and still no build templates are extremely annoying. I don’t think they’ll ever work on this though, sadly.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

- Enrage mechanic unnecessary

The enrage mechanic is very important. Without it a group of ten tanky healers can tear down the boss in an hour by hitting 1 while watching a tv series. ;-)

That is not the kind of skillful play which is wanted in raids.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

The enrage mechanic is very important. Without it a group of ten tanky healers can tear down the boss in an hour by hitting 1 while watching a tv series. ;-)

That is not the kind of skillful play which is wanted in raids.

You haven’t watched a video of the raids or played them as this is simply not the case with all the insta-wipe mechanics and need for DPS to prevent many of them.

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Finding a Raid
Joining a Raid
- Cannot Invite people within the instance Spirit Vale
- Cannot join a group of people within the instance Spirit Vale (frequently)

You can, but it’s tedious.

For inviting → /squadinvite player name.
For joining → /squadjoin commander name.

The commander can restrict both, may be that’s the reason you cant invite or join sometimes.