Stacking and Exploiting

Stacking and Exploiting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I HATE STACKING. I like a challenge and I NEVER skip kholer or any optional boss.

I know a Gorilla boss in Arah P1 who would like to meet you.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I HATE STACKING. I like a challenge and I NEVER skip kholer or any optional boss.

I run arah p1-3 every day and have never fought that boss. I’m kinda curious now lol. I’m guessing he is just annoying as all hell with knockdowns and what not.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

“Here we’ve encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary.”

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I run arah p1-3 every day and have never fought that boss. I’m kinda curious now lol. I’m guessing he is just annoying as all hell with knockdowns and what not.

Knockdowns are the easy part.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

You’re not alone OP. There’s a difference, however, between stacking and exploiting.

Stacking for SQ is completely legit. As some people already pointed, the boss doesn’t cast AOEs when everybody is in melee, be it against the usual wall or in the middle of the room.
Should SQ cast AOEs on melee too? I don’t think so; that would make the fight extremely melee unfriendly since the boss would get surrounded and protected by her own AOE all the time.
The problem here is that we’re talking about a lvl35 dungeon, so full geared lvl80 players probably have too much damage (so the boss explodes before being a threat) and too many resources for condi cleansing if needed.
Why the lowest level dungeon is one of the most gold ewarding ones would be a really interesting question though.

What I actually find as a exploit, however, is what is usually done with Colossus Rumblus on path 3: stacking on a point that is not reached by the big AOE attack.
I don’t know if Grast is properly working tbh (the method could be somehow justified if not), but it’s obvious that there’s a design flaw here that should be fixed.

In general, I absolutely hate LoS tactic. I’ve used it a lot and I still do (it’s the easiest and fastest way to solve many encounters, which is what really matters when you go just after the loot), but I really think that it negates a lot of the potential fun and challenge that multiple enemy encounters could offer.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I like how it took that guy 32 minutes to complete an AC path without stacking. It can be done in 1/3rd of that time using effective strategies such as stacking and bringing viable builds…

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Yes come to the playground and demand all the kids play your games your way or they can go home. You having trouble with group play or finding friends/people to play with? I wonder why.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

Though in hindsight I wish I could have convinced the other two to join me in booting them.

I love how you are advocating for kicking people at the final boss.

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Thats strange actually. Ive never seen a single group trying to kill that spider normally, but i guess now with CoF nerf, people do differents dungeons and start to learn the right methods. But yea if you are warrior i see no reason to not like stacking it just make it easier to DPS the boss.

I can duo it on my zerk Necromancer the way it’s supposed to be done.

Some people are just low-skilled.

Though in hindsight I wish I could have convinced the other two to join me in booting them.

I would advocate for a kick in one of two situations:
1) If they are being a complete kitten, will NOT listen to team (basically in a situation where the whole team has carried him the whole way through)… so on and so on. I think this is self-explanatory.
2) Switching to an alt at last boss without our permission. Seriously? At least ask the group. Facepalm incoming.

Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yobculture.5786)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Well it’s different you see. When he kicks, it’s because people exploit. When he gets kicked, it’s because they are jerks and can’t handle his amazing rifle skills so they add guildies banking off all his hard work carrying the 4 PUGs.

RIP in peace Robert

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

These two people aren’t doing things my way in their group I joined? That is worthy of a kick..

[DnT]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Bosses like the spider? There’s no need for stacking. As far as I know, anyway. Like I said, I’ve done it dozens of times in the past (Had to for my Gift of Ascalon) and never seen the stacking until today. I don’t know anything about any revamp it got though, and for me dodging and moving around and spending the time to rez people is more interesting and more engaging than standing on top of four other people, hitting 1, and Akitteng for 3 minutes. Rewards for no effort, yay, just what I always wanted…

Playing with zero armor would definitely be more interesting and engaging than your chosen playstyle. How would you feel if someone in your party insisted on playing with zero armor and complained that you want to do it the “easy way”?

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

3:50 server time turned on comp logged into gw2

3:57 server time posted advert in the gw2 lfg tool

“non-stacking run ac path 3, skipping trash and kholer”

3:59 server time party is full

killed queen spider and final boss without stacking

4:22 server time dungeon is complete and everyone goes their separate ways

Thank you to the players who came. There was a lvl 67 warrior in there as well.

So it is not hopeless. We can make our own groups if this one sample can be believed.

I join AC paths like this everytime I see them. Every time I have, the quality of player has always been much better than the people who usually want to fight Rumblus at the top of the stairs later on… (and only waste even more time doing so).

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

It’s not really an exploit, but more of a design failure.

As for players, many of them aren’t actually playing the game, they merely watch the gold number in their wallet going up. If the dungeons weren’t giving gold, they wouldn’t even be there.

And of course, they are always trying to pull the entire playerbase into their “watching gold number” game until such “tactics” become mainstream, instead of enjoying the game itself.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

As for players, many of them aren’t actually playing the game my way, they use efficient strats and watch the gold number in their wallet going up. If the dungeons weren’t giving gold, they wouldn’t even be there.

And of course, they are always harassed by the some other playerbase jealous of their “watching gold number” game until their “tactics” involves carrying them in dungeons, instead of enjoying the game itself.

FTFY

Oceanic [LOD]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

Knockdowns are the easy part.

the whole fight is easy if your group is using teamspeak. dont even know why people skip him.

@Cat Has Ducks.1982: you have to pick up a staff from the ground and stun the gorilla with it (has 10 sec cooldown or something, but you can only stun him for like 3 seconds or so). then put the staff on the ground. next person has to pick it up, stun the gorilla, put it down on the ground…..repeat.

if you dont stun him he will revive all the dead gorillas around you and rampage your group XD

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

As for players, many of them aren’t actually playing the game my way, they use efficient strats and watch the gold number in their wallet going up. If the dungeons weren’t giving gold, they wouldn’t even be there.

And of course, they are always harassed by the some other playerbase jealous of their “watching gold number” game until their “tactics” involves carrying them in dungeons, instead of enjoying the game itself.

FTFY

Are you suggesting that watching a number go up is just a “way to play this game”? Because I can recommend a game that does it better: Microsoft Excel.

This game is about dungeons and monsters. If your “way” is to avoid all that, than you really should be playing something else.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

FTFY

Are you suggesting that watching a number go up is just a “way to play this game”? Because I can recommend a game that does it better: Microsoft Excel.

This game is about dungeons and monsters. If your “way” is to avoid all that, than you really should be playing something else.

you missed the point

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Personally i dont like stacking or glitchs, they eliminate my game inmersion, luckly my guild think the same, so if im with them we dont do it.

The stacking is a limitation in the actual game (not collision in instances) that need to be adressed. It will be nice if they incoporate collision between mobs in general and players vs enemies, plus collision between players in instances (with the smaller body generable as the collision limits for each character, so that people dont create asuras for stacking lol).

Thats strange actually. Ive never seen a single group trying to kill that spider normally, but i guess now with CoF nerf, people do differents dungeons and start to learn the right methods. But yea if you are warrior i see no reason to not like stacking it just make it easier to DPS the boss.

Have made it solo with my mesmer (equipping the proper utilities of course).

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Skipping is fun, and playing the content as designed.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Spider Queen can be solo’d, that doesn’t make soloing the most efficient way of beating her now does it?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Are you implying that GS#5 is an efficient way of pulling stuff together?

For guardians ? Well when you an idiot that likes to blow enemies away, yes it’s a nice thing.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

FTFY

whoa what happened to “I play how I want”? elitism much?

Oceanic [LOD]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Said no decent mesmer ever.

;)

Decent parties usually don’t always use mesmers.
Also, GS#5 can be an efficient way to pull mobs together, although it’s situational.

I wonder if you’d consider me as a decent mesmer now.

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

FTFY

whoa what happened to “I play how I want”? elitism much?

Playing how you want requires at least playing in the first place. Skipping content isn’t playing, it’s actually not playing.

It’s very sad that people who hate dungeons and want nothing to do with them (as they admit themselves) are dictating how to run them. So thanks to them exploiting of design flaws and loopholes to make dungeon runs as short as possible always becomes mainstream.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

“Skipping content isn’t playing, it’s actually not playing.” If ANET didn’t want mobs skipped they wouldn’t let any mobs drop aggro throughout the entire dungeon…

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Ins’t there a dev post somewhere saying that skipping is fine and intended?

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

;)

Also, GS#5 can be an efficient way to pull mobs together, although it’s situational.

Would you consider GS 5 before focus 4?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

Situational? Yes.

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Situational? Yes.

What situation?

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

SE path 1, first pull. Just one example.

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

That’s a poor example. Temporal curtain is better and easier to control and you don’t have to use a junk phantasm.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Curtain works just as well there. Probably even better due to positioning.

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

Whenever you need a pull but focus 4 is on cooldown or wouldn’t recharge quick enough for the next, more important pull.

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

huehuehue

:)

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

Whenever you need a pull but focus 4 is on cooldown or wouldn’t recharge quick enough for the next, more important pull.

If the next pull is more important then don’t do the first pull.

I can’t think of a situation where that applies either, nor would I ever want to use a low DPS weapon with four poor skills and a bad autoattack just for an unreliable push.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I prefer focus in se p1 :P

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

If the next pull is more important then don’t do the first pull.

I can’t think of a situation where that applies either, nor would I ever want to use a low DPS weapon with four poor skills and a bad autoattack just for an unreliable push.

Wasn’t the discussion about guardian gs #5?

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I thought it was guard 5 originally but every1 is talking about mesmer all of a sudden. Im so confused!

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

;)

This post kind of insinuated that it was about Mesmer GS #5.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

I made a subtle troll and then when you took a bite the topic derailed from the original topic of guard 5.

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

Since when does mesmer gs #5 count as a “pull”?

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Dub, we don’t know. We just know you made a fail post which looked like you were talking about Mesmer GS.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

;)

Dub

wat

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

;)

Dub

wat

I haven’t been talking about mesmer gs #5 at all in my first post, have i been?

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

;)

Dub

wat

I haven’t been talking about mesmer gs #5 at all in my first post, have i been?

Yes, you have been. Context is important. Notice all of the mentions of ‘Mesmer’ in your post, and the lack of ‘Guardian’.

We get it now, you meant Guardian. But your post suggested otherwise. Whether you realize that or not.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

if you were on about guardian then I’m confused because why would anyone use ray of judgment for pulls? :S

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You’re both going full kitten. Guardian #5 is Binding blades, greatsword.

Binding Blades is actually useful for pulling stuff together, which would make sense and now I know what Dub was trying to say with his SE p1 example.

Stacking and Exploiting

Dub.1273

Ray of Judgement is X/Focus #4 and has nothing to do with greatsword, pulls or mesmers.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Ray of Judgement is #4 >.>