Stacking and Exploiting

Stacking and Exploiting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

my mind is so f…ed right now

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

my mind is so f…ed right now

Dub is a noob and put his reference to Guardian GS #5 in between 3 comments about Mesmers, so we all thought he meant Mesmer GS #5.

Then he told us he meant Guardian GS #5, not Mesmer GS #5.

Then for some reason you thought Guardian GS #5 was Ray of Judgment.

Dub thought Ray of Judgment was on Focus #5, it is on #4.

get it

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

got it

wait what

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Mission succeeded.

Dub | [rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Ins’t there a dev post somewhere saying that skipping is fine and intended?

I think RH said it is fine and he was trying to think of something that makes people want to kill them.

And lolz some people must think hitting big hp sponge mobs = all of the game.

Oceanic [LOD]

(edited by Wukunlin.8461)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

-stacking is not an exploit: it’s a strategy type, if you don’t like it find a group of like minded players, but don’t come here calling it an exploit
-LOS (line of sight): also not an exploit, just another kind of strategy that works wonders

I rather have these, than a 1 button skill that pulls all aggro to one person magically !
they used to call that skill, i call it BS game mechanics.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I don’t even know what I’m reading anymore. …GJ dub

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

As for players, many of them aren’t actually playing the game my way, they use efficient strats and watch the gold number in their wallet going up. If the dungeons weren’t giving gold, they wouldn’t even be there.

And of course, they are always harassed by the some other playerbase jealous of their “watching gold number” game until their “tactics” involves carrying them in dungeons, instead of enjoying the game itself.

FTFY

Are you suggesting that watching a number go up is just a “way to play this game”? Because I can recommend a game that does it better: Microsoft Excel.

This game is about dungeons and monsters. If your “way” is to avoid all that, than you really should be playing something else.

whoa what happened to “I play how I want”? elitism much?

Playing how you want requires at least playing in the first place. Skipping content isn’t playing, it’s actually not playing.

It’s very sad that people who hate dungeons and want nothing to do with them (as they admit themselves) are dictating how to run them. So thanks to them exploiting of design flaws and loopholes to make dungeon runs as short as possible always becomes mainstream.

Elitism much? What happened to the baddies cheer of “I play how I want”. All of a sudden when there’s something they don’t like they scream “That’s not playing!”

Skipping mobs has a certain tactic to it as well. If you do it scattered and don’t bring running/escape skills, you’re going to die and wipe repeatedly. The fact that many people complain about how hard it is, and many people say how it’s much easier, means that it’s a skill that needs to be acquired.

On a side note, this was my attempt to bring the conversation back to an actual topic instead of huehuehue #5 #4 huehuehue

RIP in peace Robert

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

As for players, many of them aren’t actually playing the game my way, they use efficient strats and watch the gold number in their wallet going up. If the dungeons weren’t giving gold, they wouldn’t even be there.

And of course, they are always harassed by the some other playerbase jealous of their “watching gold number” game until their “tactics” involves carrying them in dungeons, instead of enjoying the game itself.

FTFY

Are you suggesting that watching a number go up is just a “way to play this game”? Because I can recommend a game that does it better: Microsoft Excel.

This game is about dungeons and monsters. If your “way” is to avoid all that, than you really should be playing something else.

Playing how you want requires at least playing in the first place. Skipping content isn’t playing, it’s actually not playing.

It’s very sad that people who hate dungeons and want nothing to do with them (as they admit themselves) are dictating how to run them. So thanks to them exploiting of design flaws and loopholes to make dungeon runs as short as possible always becomes mainstream.

Elitism much? What happened to the baddies cheer of “I play how I want”. All of a sudden when there’s something they don’t like they scream “That’s not playing!”

Skipping mobs has a certain tactic to it as well. If you do it scattered and don’t bring running/escape skills, you’re going to die and wipe repeatedly. The fact that many people complain about how hard it is, and many people say how it’s much easier, means that it’s a skill that needs to be acquired.

On a side note, this was my attempt to bring the conversation back to an actual topic instead of huehuehue #5 #4 huehuehue

I don’t think you know what elitism means.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

lol

Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight.
- wikipedia most reliable source outside of schools

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

FTFY

Just because you’re obviously casual doesn’t mean you can’t be elitist.

If one guy says “zerker is the only way to play” and you brand him elitist, but you, in your case, insist that “killing everything is the only way to play,” what’s the difference in attitude? Why is one sweeping assessment of what is allowed more elitist than another sweeping statement about what is allowed?

I’ve seen more casual elitists than skilled elitists, truly.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

FTFY

If one guy says “zerker is the only way to play” and you brand him elitist, but you, in your case, insist that “killing everything is the only way to play,” what’s the difference in attitude? Why is one sweeping assessment of what is allowed more elitist than another sweeping statement about what is allowed?

There’s a big difference between not killing everything, and intentionally trying to kill as few things as possible just so you can watch your gold number go up.

Like I said, these people don’t want to play the dungeon, they admit it themselves. They see it as a chore, and are only there to get the gold. They try to avoid doing the dungeon, and their avoidance tactics are becoming mainstream and forced on people that actually like the dungeons and want to experience them.

When they can exploit or hack their way through the dungeons without consequences, they do just that. When they can’t, they find the most “optimal” way to avoid as much of the dungeon as possible and we get what we have here in GW2.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Like I said, these people don’t want to play the dungeon, they admit it themselves. They see it as a chore, and are only there to get the gold. They try to avoid doing the dungeon, and their avoidance tactics are becoming mainstream and forced on people that actually like the dungeons and want to experience them.

When they can exploit or hack their way through the dungeons without consequences, they do just that. When they can’t, they find the most “optimal” way to avoid as much of the dungeon as possible and we get what we have here in GW2.

I find skipping trash genuinely enjoyable, does that mean I’m not playing the game? Skipping trash is part of the dungeon run, it’s an encounter of its own kind. A lot of people like this. Did you know that? Or are you just generalizing and assuming that skipping trash can’t be fun.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

FTFY

There’s a big difference between not killing everything, and intentionally trying to kill as few things as possible just so you can watch your gold number go up.

So these people are playing in a way that requires a minimum of grinding through boring mobs.

They are still playing the game.

So how are you not being elitist by saying that clearing the mobs is the only way to play?

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

FTFY

So these people are playing in a way that requires a minimum of grinding through boring mobs.

They are still playing the game.

So how are you not being elitist by saying that clearing the mobs is the only way to play?

So these people find fighting the mobs “grinding”. That means that they are not enjoying the dungeon, doesn’kitten

They are not “still playing the game”. They are forcing themselves to do something they obviously don’t like, and try to find as many shortcuts as possible.

Worse than that, whenever someone that genuinely likes fighting mobs and doing the dungeon comes along, he is insulted and kicked for wanting to actually play the game.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

No, they are playing the game.

You don’t like how they’re playing it, but they’re still playing.

You’re an elitist.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Skipping content isn’t playing, it’s actually not playing.

No, skipping is a game of it’s own especially when dealing with Deadeyes where you utilize more game mechanics than any bearbow ranger/gs camping mesmer/support guardian.

If you’re employing more game mechanics than the above players are, it’s highly arguable that you are playing to a greater extent than those who refuse to acknowledge such mechanics: dodge, cleave, LoS and combo fields.

‘Play’ in gameplay is extremely subjective and could be argued to no end. The mere fact that you fail to see play from other player’s perspectives and indeed are an elitist of your own kind. The people who YOU deem elitist are actually very wise people who are more versed in builds and perspective, they are simply tired of preaching optimal play to those whom like yourself are too ignorant to listen.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

Like I said, it’s pretty sad to see so many people call their not playing the game a “playstyle”. It’s like watching people who hate soccer play “soccer” by picking up the ball and throwing it into a basket, you know there’s another game that lets you do just that.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

No, skipping is a game of it’s own especially when dealing with Deadeyes where you utilize more game mechanics than any bearbow ranger/gs camping mesmer/support guardian.

If you’re employing more game mechanics than the above players are, it’s highly arguable that you are playing to a greater extent than those who refuse to acknowledge such mechanics: dodge, cleave, LoS and combo fields.

‘Play’ in gameplay is extremely subjective and could be argued to no end. The mere fact that you fail to see play from other player’s perspectives and indeed are an elitist of your own kind. The people who YOU deem elitist are actually very wise people who are more versed in builds and perspective, they are simply tired of preaching optimal play to those whom like yourself are too ignorant to listen.

No, skipping is not a game at all. It’s a path of least resistance. Don’t tell me that anyone does it because he simply likes skipping mobs.

The thing is, why do something that you consider to be a big enough chore to justify skipping it? Because it gives you a lot of loot. If there was no loot, you wouldn’t be there at all, skiping or not.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

No, skipping is not a game at all. It’s a path of least resistance. Don’t tell me that anyone does it because he simply likes skipping mobs.

The thing is, why do something that you consider to be a big enough chore to justify skipping it? Because it gives you a lot of loot. If there was no loot, you wouldn’t be there at all, skiping or not.

I like skipping mobs.

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

I like skipping mobs.

Yeah, I’m sure that you bought this game to skip all the mobs it has to offer.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I like skipping mobs.

Yeah, I’m sure that you bought this game to skip all the mobs it has to offer.

This is what we did in GW1, this was fun. I bought GW2, and I continue to do the same thing because it is fun.

Different people find different things fun. Your way to play is not the only way.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

What you don’t realise, AntiGw is that a lot of the guys here ran Arah back when the rewards sucked. No 3g, not even lodestones or champ loot. Just junk chests of blues and vile essence plus the tokens + silvers at the end. They’re not just skipping for loot, the loot is a plus.

And yet they found ways to do it as optimally as possible.

Skipping mobs is part of that, and to offer you an example, skipping Deadeyes is actually more challenging than something like Simin because it’s an immediate down if you get hit by a Deadeye and your party most likely ran ahead. The fact that it keeps you on your toes is what makes skipping them fun rather than just LoSing, pulling and cleaving.

You just dislike skipping and don’t consider it a legitimate form of play so you deny that it even counts as playing the game. You don’t think we should play how we want.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

What I actually find as a exploit, however, is what is usually done with Colossus Rumblus on path 3: stacking on a point that is not reached by the big AOE attack.
I don’t know if Grast is properly working tbh (the method could be somehow justified if not), but it’s obvious that there’s a design flaw here that should be fixed.

Grast has been fixed for a couple of months now. All you have to do now is stack on him (grast) and have the guard(s) bring stand your ground and hallowed ground.

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

This is what we did in GW1, this was fun. I bought GW2, and I continue to do the same thing because it is fun.

Get over yourself. Different people find different things fun. Your way to play is not the only way.

Oh yeah, attacking a fortified location that nobody wants you to enter.

Your tactic: run in guns blazing no guns at all, deeper and deeper, ignoring everything that hits you. Your party member got downed? Screw him, he’s a noob. A million enemies chasing you? Meh, they’ll just get bored and give up after a few yards. Makes sense? Nope, it’s just taking advantage of bad AI.

The fun you had was what exactly? Shouting buffs on everyone while running like hell? Do you really need a dungeon to do that? You can do the same thing without leaving LA.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Different people find different things fun. Your way to play is not the only way.

Your tactic: run in guns blazing no guns at all, deeper and deeper, ignoring everything that hits you. Your party member got downed? Screw him, he’s a noob. A million enemies chasing you? Meh, they’ll just get bored and give up after a few yards. Makes sense? Nope, it’s just taking advantage of bad AI.

The fun you had was what exactly? Shouting buffs on everyone while running like hell? Do you really need a dungeon to do that? You can do the same thing without leaving LA.

I quoted the line for you.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

Get over yourself. Different people find different things fun. Your way to play is not the only way.

I quoted another line for you.

Stacking and Exploiting

The Mexican Cookie.3690

There are no mobs in LA, there is no objective to work towards. You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

If you want to kill every mob, you can kill every mob. I won’t tell you your way of playing the game is wrong, just because I disagree with it.

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

What you don’t realise, AntiGw is that a lot of the guys here ran Arah back when the rewards sucked. No 3g, not even lodestones or champ loot. Just junk chests of blues and vile essence plus the tokens + silvers at the end. They’re not just skipping for loot, the loot is a plus.

And yet they found ways to do it as optimally as possible.

Skipping mobs is part of that, and to offer you an example, skipping Deadeyes is actually more challenging than something like Simin because it’s an immediate down if you get hit by a Deadeye and your party most likely ran ahead. The fact that it keeps you on your toes is what makes skipping them fun rather than just LoSing, pulling and cleaving.

You just dislike skipping and don’t consider it a legitimate form of play so you deny that it even counts as playing the game. You don’t think we should play how we want.

Who are these people? They certainly don’t include you. You specifically said all those things I mentioned earlier about wanting the runs to take as less time as possible.

What is legitimate about skipping? Surviving until you pass the AI range of a mob group? Jumping on a certain stone to glitch-reset the mob and make it run away?

You know how the devs put an invisible barrier on jumping platforms that prevents mobs from falling down when you knock them back? Take a hint from that. It’s to avoid cheesy ways to one-shot enemies, negating the challenge. Which would have the same result as skipping you are currently doing.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Skipping is so easy. There is absolutely no challenge in the last arah p2 trash run without using stealth or the boat exploit. Anybody can do it.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

There are no mobs in LA, there is no objective to work towards. You’re just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

If you want to kill every mob, you can kill every mob. I won’t tell you your way of playing the game is wrong, just because I disagree with it.

For your intents and purposes, there are no mobs in the dungeons either.

Skipping would be a valid tactic if the game was specifically designed to include such elements and objectives. For example, running to a lever and closing a gate preventing some mobs from reaching you.

What you are doing, is taking advantage of badly designed game mechanics and call it fun to justify your cheesy way to avoid actually facing the challenges.

Stacking and Exploiting

colesy.8490

ok, try killing the oozes after killing ancient ooze in arah?

Stacking and Exploiting

Young Somalia.1706

How is it badly designed if it was intentional? It might be badly desogned if breaking aggro was unintentional, but it’s not.

[LOD]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id love to see Antigw try to skip some mobs in arah and see how little he is playing the game.

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

How is it badly designed if it was intentional? It might be badly desogned if breaking aggro was unintentional, but it’s not.

Breaking aggro was implemented to prevent AoE farming.

edit: and to avoid other cheesy tactics of luring mobs and bosses to specific locations, can’t forget that…

(edited by AntiGw.9367)

Stacking and Exploiting

Young Somalia.1706

And did the developers of GW(1) state that? Because in GW1 the preventive measure of AoE farming was SCATTER, which is not longer persistent in GW2, while breaking is.

Id love to see Antigw try to skip some mobs in arah and see how little he is playing the game.

I’ve been more exhilarated skipping mobs (without waiting for cooldowns lelelelelell) than any boss fight. Feels exciting, man. The way he talks about it is like you press Run and go to the bathroom.

[LOD]

(edited by Young Somalia.1706)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

ok, try killing the oozes after killing ancient ooze in arah?

thats a bad example because its not that difficult to do in a good group.
its just annoying ^^

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Skipping is often harder than clearing. It takes much more skill to skip some of the encounters expert dungeon runners often skip than to slowly and methodically clear all the mobs out. It’s higher risk for high reward.

Clearing everything is like laying up short of the water with your iron for a safe, conservative wedge shot to the green. Or, you can put on your big girl/boy pants, take out your 3W and send that motherkittener home.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Stacking and Exploiting

AntiGw.9367

Skipping is often harder than clearing. It takes much more skill to skip some of the encounters expert dungeon runners often skip than to slowly and methodically clear all the mobs out. It’s higher risk for high reward.

Clearing everything is like laying up short of the water with your iron for a safe, conservative wedge shot to the green. Or, you can put on your big girl/boy pants, take out your 3W and send that motherkittener home.

No, it’s more risky than clearing, not harder, because you endanger your entire party by running through mobs instead of facing them as a group. Everyone is on his own when you skip. If someone doesn’t keep up, he’s toast (at which point the elitists often consider him a noob and kick him).

It doesn’t take any skill to take advantage of bad AI, you need to stop making yourself feel better about it by calling yourself “skilled”.

Stacking and Exploiting

Young Somalia.1706

Bahaha these guys always use conjecture or hearsay when they say things like, “if you don’t go zerker you get kicked” or “they call you a noob!”

And in my experience of doing pug dungeons EXCLUSIVELY for hundreds of hours, I say that any time I even moderately “ridiculed” someone (which was typically inferred by the subject from my apparently “negative tone” in trying to tell someone something) they cry, and rally support from the other non-“elitists” like a bunch of carebears just crying and hugging in a circle.

I never see people the target of directed, MALICIOUS ridicule like I hear about so often. I’ve rarely seen people kicked because of their cabbage patch performance. And if my group is disgustingly bad (AC p1 library, I’m kiting, after 3 minutes they are still killing the 2ND burrow) I just leave because I know the fact: this kitten generation of “you tried your best, here’s a trophy” players will get all twisted up and teary eyed over being told, “can someone roll an ele?” or “you guys NEED to do more dps”.

I can’t even remember the last time I remember getting zerkers in my parties, so no, people aren’t getting kicked for not running zerker, because I see barely anyone doing damage or MELEEing, at all.

Stop inventing these pity-pandering fantasies to lend credit to your self-enforced complaints (because don’t forget, no one forces you to play with mob skippers, anyone can start their own party with their own terms).

[LOD]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

1. kill all mobs, stop complaining about no loot from trash mobs you play this game for fun not for kittening loot you elitist easy-way-out scrub

2. NO STACKING no exploits (LOS = exploit also)

3. FIGHT the boss where it is, let all the adds he summons fight you from range. if you even try to manage mob locations that is an exploit and you are exploiting trash. no pulls no knocks, that is cheesy.

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Have a nice evening ladies and gents.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by Moderator)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

When you have nothing better to say than that, you should really reconsider your arguments.

Wooosh.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Skipping is so easy. There is absolutely no challenge in the last arah p2 trash run without using stealth or the boat exploit. Anybody can do it.

He probably doesn’t even know what you are talking about.

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Casual day of AntiGw:
~ I want to do arah ~
“lfg arah p2”
They enter the dungeon run to the first boss and AntiGw was killed by the first mob. After 100 tries he still isn’t able to walk around him (or her)
He’s crying so hard because he never saw any boss except lupicus in path 2 in such a group.
His revenge is too painful for us – he went into this topic

[rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Casual day of AntiGw:
~ I want to do arah ~
“lfg arah p2”
They enter the dungeon run to the first boss and AntiGw was killed by the first mob. After 100 tries he still isn’t able to walk around him (or her)
He’s crying so hard because he never saw any boss except lupicus in path 2 in such a group.
His revenge is too painful for us – he went into this topic

PLOT TWIST!?!?!?

They kick him at the end and SELL THE PATH FOR EPIC MONEYS!???@

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Stacking is not an exploit.It’s a smart use of the mechanics…

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Stacking is not an exploit.It’s a smart use of the mechanics…

It is an exploit of game mechanics (cleaving and boon range).

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

We play like we want and enjoy our way to play.. We let you play like you want (even if you dont seem to be happy about gw2 atm)
On the other side – you dont want us to play like we want.

[rT]

Stacking and Exploiting

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’d really like to see a “playing the game” arah path 1 run. Make sure to kill all oozes spawning before you deliver tears of the ancient because you know, that would be cheesing.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Moderator)