Stacking confirmed intended+mossy solo fix

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Spawning wolves on one side of the arena has been changed a little bit at mossman. Looks like all wolves now have their default spawn point at mossman’s initial location, and therefore confirm stacking is intended by Anet.

Because science

Attachments:

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Funny that they fixed this, but didn’t fix safespotting him underwater.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Brothers, let’s cuddle! :’)

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Yeah why this over the water safespotting? Seams stupid ( then again I shouldn’t be surprised lol ). Guess I gotta find a new class to solo him on, dang 1% left and I could have already had him.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

please stop playing thief Sandy

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

I spent ~2hrs getting him to 70% ish on my altruistic paladin before my hands cramped up. I made almost 5g in mats and stuff though… they need to nerf wolf drop rates huehueheuheuheuhahaha

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Underwater safespotting and this are not mutually exclusive fixes. Both should be done.

I spent ~2hrs getting him to 70% ish on my altruistic paladin before my hands cramped up. I made almost 5g in mats and stuff though… they need to nerf wolf drop rates huehueheuheuheuhahaha

You make it seam like you need your hands for the altruistic paladin solo. : P

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Underwater safespotting and this are not mutually exclusive fixes. Both should be done.

Why? It juts makes you certain classes that have a lot of AoE potential to solo him now. That’s the only thing that changes with this change. Why is that good?

/s

Zenith.7301

Why? It juts makes you certain classes that have a lot of AoE potential to solo him now. That’s the only thing that changes with this change. Why is that good?

You shouldn’t be soloing group content to begin with. It’s a fun challenge and all, but it’s testament to how inferior the PvE in this game is when you don’t require a coordinated group doing multiple tasks to defeat “top end content”.

You shouldn’t be soloing group content to begin with. It’s a fun challenge and all, but it’s testament to how inferior the PvE in this game is when you don’t require a coordinated group doing multiple tasks to defeat “top end content”.

And so by fixing this bug it somehow changes that? The change did nothing but make you get a class that has a lot of AoE potential. Nothing else. That’s it. So my question is, why is that A GOOD change? Why should they make it so that only people with a lot of AoE can solo it when dungeons already have tons and tons of bugs?

For there to be a change there has to be a reason as to why change is needed.

/s

Zenith.7301

And so by fixing this bug it somehow changes that? The change did nothing but make you get a class that has a lot of AoE potential. Nothing else. That’s it. So my question is, why is that A GOOD change? Why should they make it so that only people with a lot of AoE can solo it when dungeons already have tons and tons of bugs?

Better question yet, why is it so important for you to solo it to begin with?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Why is it more important for Anet to fix something that only affect soloing, something only a small part of the player base does, than to fix an exploit that affects everybody and thousands of people abuse on a daily basis?

Zenith.7301

Why is it more important for Anet to fix something that only affect soloing, something only a small part of the player base does, than to fix an exploit that affects everybody and thousands of people abuse on a daily basis?

Why are you strawmanning me? I never said it was more important; I said just a few posts ago BOTH should have been fixed.

This is really crappy argumentation, a false dichotomy at its finest.

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

That’s pretty common in quite every mmo, that people start to solo “group content”. But yeah, just because something is stated to do with 5 ppl doesn’t mean that you cant or shouldnt do it with less ppl.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

High end content definitely shouldn’t be soloable (unless it scales). But forcing it with stuff like pressure plates or something similar isn’t the solution.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That’s pretty common in quite every mmo, that people start to solo “group content”. But yeah, just because something is stated to do with 5 ppl doesn’t mean that you cant or shouldnt do it with less ppl.

^^ This.

Honestly we don’t really have high end content in GW2, we have group content. I made a killing selling these same types of instances in EQ back in like 2010-12

Better question: why do you want only certain classes to be able to solo it enough that you think a change was worth the effort?

And honestly yeah I hope the raid isn’t soloable. That would just be a slap in the face if it was that easy. And quite honestly I normerly don’t even do dungeons anymore yet alone it’s been months since the time I got mossman to 1%. And I could just take a condi engi or something and probably do it ( tho I wouldn’t have enough AR for 48 yet alone 50 ). So it isn’t that big of a deal at all it just there isn’t a reason for the change ( at all ).

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Zenith.7301

This only happens as the content becomes outdated and people use gear power creep to make what was once impossible, possible.

See Mionelol’s soloing of old WoW raids or normal difficulty raids once he outgears the content.

It’s not a standard that content for which the current gear levels are designed for are meant to be soloable and that people should make a mountain out of an ant hill just because they’ll have to do Mossman on a group with most classes.

Hell, there’s not even a profit motive unlike say, Arah, that people can argue about this change hurting them compared to others.

I just find it petty that people whine about Anet not fixing bug/taking advantage of AI deficiencies yet when they do make a change they complain it’s not to what THEY wanted personally fixed.

Do I wish they’d fix other more flagrant examples? Sure. I also wish we actually had a Dungeons and Raids team and a PvE balance team so my ranger/necro wouldn’t rot in neglect for over 3 years.

But this is a fix we got and whether people think other fixes should have happened or not, this fix is justified. It should just happen more often, because part of the damage with this neglect is that people get used to their crutches and take it as tacit approval by devs that what they do is intended. Which led us to the whole Lupicus projectile hitting melee humping his legs fiasco as people built up over the years the expectation that they should not have to deal with it.

Me: So it isn’t that big of a deal at all it ( quote )
Him:make a mountain out of an ant hill just because they’ll have to do Mossman on a group with most classes. ( quote )

Anyone see anything wrong here? : P

“I just find it petty that people whine about Anet not fixing bug/taking advantage of AI deficiencies yet when they do make a change they complain it’s not to what THEY wanted personally fixed.”

So you think it’s petty to think some bugs would be better off getting fixed and some are ok now?

“because part of the damage with this neglect is that people get used to their crutches and take it as tacit approval by devs that what they do is intended”

Who here said anything about the wolves leashing being intended?

“Which led us to the whole Lupicus projectile hitting melee humping his legs fiasco as people built up over the years the expectation that they should not have to deal with it.”

While it can be fun because of the greater difficulty, some classes ( looks at you necro ) take years ( or more ) to solo him on. I mean condi range solo? ewwwwww

I’m still waiting for my answer from my previous post haha.

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Zenith.7301

You’re not going to get an answer to a false dichotomy you keep inventing and then attributing some strawman to me about my approval of some bugs existing over others.

And I don’t need a lecture on necro. It’s among my mains, as is ranger who not only had to deal with garbage pet mechanics and spirits spawningg at range triggering the dreaded bubble, but that lovely 1h autoattack that locks your animation and delays dodges.

I don’t care how much harder it is to solo a boss with x class. I’m more concerned with the fact my necro got stuck with a new set of useless shouts as the utility of its specialization and how little group support we’ve received to make us attractive to groups that currently are happy to kick us before we even load into an instance. I care about team settings in supposedly team oriented content.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

How do you manage to argue and bicker about literally everything? /scratches head

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

Just FYI the trees at the Priest of Melandru seem to work in a similar way now. As soon as you disengage for a second the trees reset to the position of the boss, even though he does not reset (well some of them for that matter, haven’t really figured out what makes them not teleport).

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You mean…. ents? We’re getting ents in this game?!?! Aweesomeeee

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Because science

I therefore see no problem

[GAMW]

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

sandy

get back to playing mes already

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

sandy

get back to playing mes already

It reminds me of how I can’t play chronomancer yet ;_;

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Once you chronomancer you can’t go back… Unless Continuum Split.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

Wow
much stack
very intended
so science
how spawning
wow