Stacking has ruined player skill levels

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Phantom Wolf.2031

Phantom Wolf.2031

Let me just give my 2 cents here. I’m a fairly new player (2.5k AP) and I pretty much started doing dungeons a couple of weeks ago.
And funny thing is, I’ve yet to find one party willing to teach new (or old, idk) players how to do the dungeon “the right way”, even stacking is somewhat hard to find, most people just direct you to YouTube.

When you look at LFG all you see is “pX 80s exp”, and new players are not to blame IMO, I’m willing to learn and I would love to finish a dungeon killing every monster, at least once.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Let me just give my 2 cents here. I’m a fairly new player (2.5k AP) and I pretty much started doing dungeons a couple of weeks ago.
And funny thing is, I’ve yet to find one party willing to teach new (or old, idk) players how to do the dungeon “the right way”, even stacking is somewhat hard to find, most people just direct you to YouTube.

When you look at LFG all you see is “pX 80s exp”, and new players are not to blame IMO, I’m willing to learn and I would love to finish a dungeon killing every monster, at least once.

Want to learn?
Noob

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Make an LFG asking for no stacking or skipping. It’s only your own fault if you get in to groups that want to skip mobs. I resent fiery Greatsword because it basically sets the skill level required to kill bosses to zero so I rarely bother running in organised settings because everyone is obsessed with just 4-ing corners to death. But you see, I identified a problem I had and decided to remedy it – I mostly pug or solo now since it’s the way I keep the game interesting for myself. If you don’t want to stack and skip, you make groups that specify no skipping or stacking.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Make an LFG asking for no stacking or skipping. It’s only your own fault if you get in to groups that want to skip mobs.

This is way to harsh. I’ve tried this time and time again and it almost never works… If you’re not really brutal about it; Make it blatantly obvious that we’re doing it your way and anyone not following that gets kicked on the spot. That mostly does the trick.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Make an LFG asking for no stacking or skipping.

To expand on that. Make a lfg saying " Teach me X path Noob here" if you dont want to go on the forums.

The only problem with that is that you may fill up with people that all are all inexperienced.

This is way to harsh. I’ve tried this time and time again and it almost never works… If you’re not really brutal about it; Make it blatantly obvious that we’re doing it your way and anyone not following that gets kicked on the spot. That mostly does the trick.

Not way too harsh. Its the reality. “SC pugs” have to do the same thing. Pro-farming groups do the same thing. The only groups that dont have to do that are the ones started by my friend aptly named “yolo p2” but those dont end well :P

Though to be fair when I put no stacking Ive never had a problem with the not stacking part I have a problem with the 3 out of the four that join will be bb rangers and the fourth a ranger.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

No. I’ll leave after I’ve said my piece.

Good, good.
Bye then.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yes blame the players instead of ANet instead who could implement better a.i