Stacking impossible on AC Spider Queen now!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Much impossibility, such OP stealth patches!

Even with Tzark showing off his awesome AI, meh…

Apologies for the lame quality, used a different recording program that I shouldn’t have.

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

The best part is you actually succeeded in killing the SQ – just couldn’t live through the stacked poison fields (i think it was 4-5 intersecting on top of you)

Veckna.9621

The best part is you actually succeeded in killing the SQ – just couldn’t live through the stacked poison fields (i think it was 4-5 intersecting on top of you)

You must have missed the sarcasm all over the thread :P
The point was that the fight is still ridiculously trivial even if a group decides to stack, here we did it with just 2 people and with Tzark ruining our plans as well.
If Tzark hadn’t aggro’ed the spider it wouldn’t have burned it’s web attack on him and would not have immediately dropped poison fields on us, allowing us to get the kill and get out alive.

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

You must have missed the sarcasm all over the thread :P
The point was that the fight is still ridiculously trivial even if a group decides to stack, here we did it with just 2 people and with Tzark ruining our plans as well.
If Tzark hadn’t aggro’ed the spider it wouldn’t have burned it’s web attack on him and would not have immediately dropped poison fields on us, allowing us to get the kill and get out alive.

Yeah, tone and sarcasm are lost on the internets.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Not sure if this could be classified as /bingo?

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Since she now does the attack one way or another you can even LOS then get behind her as she’s casting and “Fear Me” further into the wall. Can also Ice Bow 5 her as well and alternate between that and FGS.

I doubt people are still complaining about her since the patch. Yeah…NPCs must all die. Varra is a piece of kitten.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Yet today, with 3 eles, 1 mesmer and 1 guard couln’t get it killed stacked cause “casuls” are afraid to get gud. :/

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Good job running against a wall – dnt style!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

ironically dnt don’t stack eles as much as some other dungeon guilds

and you dont even need fgs to speedkill spider queen considering how she dies so fast.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

[FUN] funposting again, classy.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

ironically dnt don’t stack eles as much as some other dungeon guilds

and you dont even need fgs to speedkill spider queen considering how she dies so fast.

Right. Quick and maybe only a second lost per boss not using it in AC except for burrows and mobility. Especially because waiting on “mightstack, FGS” gets really dry. But if using FGS, a good Control will make it literally zero risk.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Veckna.9621

Here is a cleaner kill.

I wonder if the numerous pugs we were happy to carry through AC that keep telling us “no more stacking” read these forums

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Here is a cleaner kill.

I wonder if the numerous pugs we were happy to carry through AC that keep telling us “no more stacking” read these forums

They can read?!

:O

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Veckna.9621

Here is a cleaner kill.

They can read?!

:O

Excellent point!
Guess I was overestimating the average pug IQ, thanks for the tip :P

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Stacking still works if:

a) Your group is extremely tanky (see Hector’s group above)

b) Your group has extremely high DPS and can burn the Queen down before she has the chance to do much.

Basically, if people want to try stacking, let them try. If it fails, then range her in the open (which is also extremely easy). The problem comes when either method fails on the first go due to mismatched PUGs, blame starts flying, and the ragequitting happens. :P

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Precast meteor shower as she’s aggroed, lava font, conjure frost bow, skill 5 as she reaches stack, 4, drop, conjure FGS, rush, whirl, dead. PUGs have to CC her prior to ice bow 5 to mess it up, but most all of them think stacking is just press 1 to win so you should be okay.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Theres actually one thing about spider queen that bothers me a lot. Can’t dodge poison fields. For the sake of my sanity anet, remove ALL unevadable attacks, preferably even pve unblockable ones.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

How to:
Aggravate the zerker meta in a sigle patch

P.S. i’m in favor of zerker being efficient, i just find silly that every single patch push non zerker builds down the drain in PvE.
Every change done seems to discourage anything but dps, the ascalonian fractal in particular.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

How to:
Aggravate the zerker meta in a sigle patch

P.S. i’m in favor of zerker being efficient, i just find silly that every single patch push non zerker builds down the drain in PvE.
Every change done seems to discourage anything but dps, the ascalonian fractal in particular.

HA

Sorry no. Full berserker team + spider queen = spider queen dead in 3 seconds before she spits.

HA

If anything these patches discourage halfway builds. So if you’re not quite a tank or not quite dps, you’re kittying F’ed. Sort of. Not really. Because Spider queen is ez pz. Regardless.

And Ascalon? Really? That kitty is still easy as heck. I nearly had an aneurysm when someone called it “The new dredge” after the patch and I did it and it was…. not changed except for some aoe you move out of. Come on bro.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Would like to have a fractal where we dont get ascalon or cliffside or both. Just once. Please! We never get dredge now that they changed it. Fk RNG.

Also would like those npcs back for ascalon. Its kind of painful without them on the higher levels.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Would like to have a fractal where we dont get ascalon or cliffside or both. Just once. Please! We never get dredge now that they changed it. Fk RNG.

Also would like those npcs back for ascalon. Its kind of painful without them on the higher levels.

My combos have been ascalon + grawl a lot lately.

I thought we were just joking with inb4s. Turns out they were prophecies.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Were convinced our group is cursed to have the longest fractals. Before the dredge nerf we got cliffiside pretty much everytime and if we got it on the 2nd fractal we were almost certain to get dredge aswell. After the changes we always get ascalon or cliffside and if we dont get cliffside second we tend to get it on the third. Were so used to this that whenever we get good rng on fractals it takes us about 20 minutes to do the whole fractal. x)

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

At least now you don’t have to be completely braindead to stack on her