Stacking needs to go.

Stacking needs to go.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Am I a minority? I really doubt it. Who honestly doesn’t agree that the encounter design should simulate a fantasy combat? Who honestly doesn’t agree that encouraging stacking gets away from this ideal?

If you were the majority, either your average pug group wouldn’t stack or there would be lots of no stacking LFGs. There are neither.

Asking for encounter design to simulate fantasy combat is such an unbelievably broad and vague thing to say that there’s literally no point discussing it since it’s just one person’s interpretation over another’s.

only 2 kind of players supports stacking:

a) bad players who can’t dodge
b) players who played so much they don’t want to play anymore and just get rid of content as fast as they can

Both should not be casting their biased opinion unless they have a solid argument on how stacking makes this game better.

I can dodge, and I’m not just interested in clearing content as fast as possible, in fact it’s certain hyperefficient weapons which have put me off doing dungeons – yet I support stacking.

It pushes team play, enables sharing of boons, allows the party to cleave and it’s designed to encourage good play.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Stephen McBeaven.5640

Stephen McBeaven.5640

In my fantasy I’m one of the 300 stacking up to demolish the Persians.

That’s fun to me. Honestly.

love it we could use more honesty like this.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Both should not be casting their biased opinion unless they have a solid argument on how stacking makes this game better.

Oh, the irony.

Funnily enough, this guy has been kittenposting so much and so often about this that his name is already branded on my memory and irreversibly tied to anti-stacking, anti-zerker QQ.

I guess we should all just shut up and never ever voice our opinions again, right?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

can’t really comment on that. Personally, I have no problem at all forming groups to my liking. Recently, I type “not a speed clear” as part of the LFG comments. I’m generally satisfied with the like-minded people I find this way.

My point was not that it’s hard to find groups. My point was that it is less rewarding to intentionally handicap oneself. The game itself should always strive toward encouraging the most entertaining experience. In my opinion, the most entertaining experience would more closely simulate an actual combat, i.e. not stacking.

Or were you being sarcastic?

And that, good sir, is your opinion.

I personally despise facerolling dungeons so I pug them, solo or low-man them. Therefore, my most entertaining experience would be for encounters designed around solo play – but you see, I know that I’m an extreme minority and I don’t demand ANet to cater the game around me. Anti-stackers repeatedly demand ANet cater the game around them, despite being a minority.

Am I a minority? I really doubt it. Who honestly doesn’t agree that the encounter design should simulate a fantasy combat? Who honestly doesn’t agree that encouraging stacking gets away from this ideal?

How do you want to design content that encourages “fun runs”?
It is easy to just put the reward at the end. That encourages faster runs.
How do you want to implement reward that scales with “fun”? What is fun?
Do you see the problem?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

So stacking isnt part of fantasy combat?

Silly melee users.

I know which one looks more fun to me.

1. Ranged – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3wo-Jg93t0
2. Melee – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdA9xfLsF2Y&feature=youtu.be

I actually did number 1 solo and duo. My duo partner bailed because was so bored.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

Silly melee users.

I actually did number 1 solo and duo. My duo partner bailed because was so bored.

You do realize that melee is not the same as stacking…?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Oh, the irony.

Funnily enough, this guy has been kittenposting so much and so often about this that his name is already branded on my memory and irreversibly tied to anti-stacking, anti-zerker QQ.

I guess we should all just shut up and never ever voice our opinions again, right?

and yet I’m not saying my opinion on stacking but on who or how should people support stacking.

I do both, I use zerk and I stack on most boss fights cause pretty much I belong to (b). I’m fed up with the current content and I don’t want to do it anymore. At least I’m honest with myself.

Currently every party is composed of the same 5 players. 5 zerks using melee, its the same if they are 5 warriors, 5 thiefs, 5 elems, 5 mesmers, or one of a kind… its just cosmetic. All have the same strategy, LOS and stack. The result is the very same, a bright white ball over everything and numbers floating around for a few seconds until the green a 2 blues appear on the right side. That is the summary of GW2 dungeon experience.

If things were a bit different I would enjoy the game more.

Now you have my biased opinion as we already had yours.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Silly melee users.

You do realize that melee is not the same as stacking…?

How 2 melee without stacking on bosses with small hit boxes:

1. ….
2. ……..
3. ……….

Hm.

On Lupicus I guess you could surround him. Smaller bosses… I’m not… I dont… o.o

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

only 2 kind of players supports stacking:

a) bad players who can’t dodge
b) players who played so much they don’t want to play anymore and just get rid of content as fast as they can

I can dodge, and I’m not just interested in clearing content as fast as possible, in fact it’s certain hyperefficient weapons which have put me off doing dungeons – yet I support stacking.

It pushes team play, enables sharing of boons, allows the party to cleave and it’s designed to encourage good play.

It trivialize the game, it makes dual and triple boxing possible since you don’t even need to move in the whole fight. It just let bad players think they are good. It kills the immersion, it makes the game aesthetically horrible, it doesn’t push team play, nobody can actually see their team mate. It makes the game cheaper and dumber, worst in design quality. LOS and Stacking are the oldest most dumb strategies used in MMOs to counter very bad AI. This only proves the game wrong. This will never be a “new genre” MMO with so low counters to it.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

My point was not that it’s hard to find groups. My point was that it is less rewarding to intentionally handicap oneself. The game itself should always strive toward encouraging the most entertaining experience. In my opinion, the most entertaining experience would more closely simulate an actual combat, i.e. not stacking.

U wot? That’s ridiculous. You want to simulate combat in your game? Well kitten, roll a Charr and demolish everything. Just so you know, “stacking” has long been a very successful tactic. The Macedonians and Greeks stacked their way to victory. As did the Romans. Disciplined Armies won because they stacked and stayed together as one. Undisciplined scrubs would break rank and attack a line just to get burned down quickly.

It doesn’t get any more ‘sim’ than stacking. Look at the recent operational environment and the 5 man door stack. Stack and enter a room as one. Each man has the back of the next man and a different sector of a room. Not ‘yoloswag i fight how i want’.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

Are you asking me how to fit more than one melee player on a boss without them overlapping? Incidentally overlapping is not stacking. Stacking is when everyone in the party intentionally stands on the same space for the duration of the fight.

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

/me thanks the charming, beautiful, and wise Asuran.

Got me thinking though… how can melee not stack

Well
1. has to be in large open space.
2. 5th person has to range
3. If a wall is encountered 2-3 must go ranged to not stack
4.Depending on definition of “stack” even less may be allowed to melee.

Attachments:

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Now you have my biased opinion as we already had yours.

Thank you very much. It was almost as enlightening as the past 15 or so times I had the opportunity to read it.

Edit: I seem to enjoy kittenposting a lot, too.

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

U wot? That’s ridiculous. You want to simulate combat in your game? Well kitten, roll a Charr and demolish everything. Just so you know, “stacking” has long been a very successful tactic. The Macedonians and Greeks stacked their way to victory. As did the Romans. Disciplined Armies won because they stacked and stayed together as one. Undisciplined scrubs would break rank and attack a line just to get burned down quickly.

It doesn’t get any more ‘sim’ than stacking. Look at the recent operational environment and the 5 man door stack. Stack and enter a room as one. Each man has the back of the next man and a different sector of a room. Not ‘yoloswag i fight how i want’.

My last comment was directed to Lilith. This one is directed to you. I would just point out that in real life battles there is body blocking and therefore no stacking. Also, real life bosses evolved to discourage stacking and encourage drone warfare.

Stacking needs to go.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Are you asking me how to fit more than one melee player on a boss without them overlapping? Incidentally overlapping is not stacking. Stacking is when everyone in the party intentionally stands on the same space for the duration of the fight.

I uh… um.

Okay.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

:( My mightstacking ele are sad. We intentionally run up with big boys so I can share my boons. Unintentionally? Seriously?

Arent the people who UNINTENTIONALLY stack utter newbies to the game?
I know when I play a warrior I dont run next to my buddy who is also a warrior because “kitten kitten ” I run next to him go get his delicious might stacks all over my glistening body. I run next to him to make sure I “shake it off” all over him.

What im reading is you dont want team play. atleast that is what im getting.

also 11c here. Its called stack on the door/ stack on me.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I am so kitten sick of stacking.

It effectively ruins all the dungeon content in the game. No more fighting the boss as it was designed. Nope, gotta all sit in a weird corner watching my cooldowns go off. Oh, and this time it decided to magically not work, so we have to go try it again.

I know all you professional dungeon runners are in love with the idea of cheesing down content to get it done faster, but for all of us that actually enjoy fighting bosses and doing PvE content, stacking is killing our love for this game.

I just have to wonder why ANet lets this kind of thing go. Why are they just enabling their playerbase to just cheat their way through dungeons? Doesn’t that go against everything game designers and developers are supposed to stand for?

I don’t know. I’m just so kitten sick of cheesing my way through every bit of content in this game.

• A.net is all about play the game the way you like to play it so…………..
  • You play the way you like, no stacking no LOS no speedruns, no skipping yada yada yada.
  • I play the way I like, speedruns galore ftw.
  • I respect your play style.
  • Please respect mine.
  • Once I’ve done a dungeon a thousand times, I don’t really care about running it the supposedly “proper” way anymore, it’s all about get in, finish, collect, get out.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

It trivialize the game, it makes dual and triple boxing possible since you don’t even need to move in the whole fight.

Stacking doesn’t trivialise the game at all, there’s been countless times where I’ve stacked in groups and they’ve all hit the floor because, well, stacking itself doesn’t actually do anything. Take for example the first group of four elites in Arah p3, I’ve seen quite a few groups stack there, do nothing to mitigate the pain from the mobs and just hit the floor. Stacking itself does nothing.

It just let bad players think they are good.

Something should be removed because it … makes people feel good? Sorry, I forgot we played video games for self gratification.

. It kills the immersion, it makes the game aesthetically horrible,

Airships, pistols, rifles, tanks and lasers in a universe with swords, shields, heavy plated armour, characters fully encased in steel having less survivability than a scantily dressed light armour class with “soldier” gear on “kill immersion” – but I’m not asking for them to be removed. There are also things like legendaries shooting ponies, footfalls, basically anything steampunk, swamps full of generic undead, players wearing stupid looking outfits which are aesthetically horrible. I’m not asking them to be removed.

it doesn’t push team play

Except it does because boon sharing through utilities and combo finishers is limited mostly to 600 range. “I’m in range of my team so I can give them all of these boons”.

nobody can actually see their team mate

Sure you can, you just choose not to pay attention.

It makes the game cheaper and dumber, worst in design quality

Countering stacking makes the game dumber because it just promotes everyone for themselves range-kiting bosses.

LOS and Stacking are the oldest most dumb strategies used in MMOs to counter very bad AI.

Personally, I don’t care if they remove LoSing – ArcheAge mobs don’t LoS as perfectly as GW2 mobs but I just got over it. Stacking, however – there’s pretty much no way not to stack on bosses if the party is in melee. It’s not even stacking that counters bad AI anyway.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Stacking needs to go.

Saint.5647

As others have pointed out, there is no collision. IF there was collision, stacking would be just as valid. It is essentially everyone staying at melee and covering each other with boons.

The troll potential for collision in game would be very awesome but not something Anet would likely do.

In some scenarios, if stacking tighter were humanly possible, it would be done. Of course there is also a time and place to spread out and keep intervals as well but it was 1 example.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

I uh… um.

Okay.

No, this would be stacking (and some amazing 5 minutes drawing skills lol )

Attachments:

Stacking needs to go.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I uh… um.

Okay.

You have much better 5 minute drawing skills than I. Stupid phone being so …. great.

I don’t think I’ve ever literally stacked like that

[ARES]

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

I uh… um.

Okay.

Holy kitten, that looks kittening awesome.

When five zerkers collide, they become Shiva, Goddess of Destruction.

I’m sold.

Stacking needs to go.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I uh… um.

Okay.

I’m sold.

They’re actually clerics. And they’re guardians. Those are scepters.

[ARES]

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

As others have pointed out, there is no collision. IF there was collision, stacking would be just as valid. It is essentially everyone staying at melee and covering each other with boons.

The troll potential for collision in game would be very awesome but not something Anet would likely do.

In some scenarios, if stacking tighter were humanly possible, it would be done. Of course there is also a time and place to spread out and keep intervals as well but it was 1 example.

Sorry to get off topic, but I was just thinking about collision and thought a good implementation might be a “slow” effect rather than outright blocking. This would ease some of the troll potential and would in some ways be more realistic (since it is actually possible to get around a person or through a crowd in real life). Just food for thought. Forgive me if it’s been said a gazillion times before.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

I guess the issue that people have with stacking is the trivialization of the encounter. With a good group firing on all cylinders, bosses melt so fast that they might as well have not been there at all. Again, this is Anet’s fault, if anyone’s. There’s no exploit, there’s no magic, it’s just using the system to its fullest extent. All the bells and whistles, so to speak. It should also be pointed out that stacking only works because people know what to do – fury, might, good dps rotations, timed dodges, etc. That’s what makes stacking work, and it’s not always a given that everything’s going to happen right.

If you don’t find the encounter challenging, why not take steps to make it? Solo it. Duo it. Range it. Do it naked. Use a sub-optimal build that you enjoy playing. I agree in a perfect world, Anet would have made the encounters more dynamic and more engaging. That’s not to say melee shouldn’t be a part of it, but there’s lots of ways to split things up where not everyone needs to stack up and burst. WoW, for all its faults, did bosses pretty well – they were often an intricate dance of environmental effects coupled with changing boss abilities. We see very little of that in GW2, and coupled with increased melee damage and combo fields, stacking up and meleeing rules the day.

The bottom line is that Anet did this to themselves, and to us. You can fault the design all you want, but don’t fault the players for optimizing themselves for the encounter. I’d expect that when an expansion drops, there’ll be new dungeons, and that Anet will have learned a bit about encounter design under their system. I really doubt new dungeons will be more of the same. By the same token, they’ve got a lot of irons in the fire, and no dedicated dungeon team revisiting current content, so I wouldn’t expect a change in how things are any time soon.

(edited by synk.8762)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

I uh… um.

Okay.

I’m sold.

Thats why content is destroyed so fast! as five unite they become gods of destruction
MIND BLOWN!
https://i.imgur.com/sg017lt.gif

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Stacking needs to go.

Saint.5647

Might have been suggested. I don’t know. Hah…I don’t think I trust Anet implementing something like that though. It would still be entirely possible to stack on a mob though. See the drawing image.

It sounds like you just don’t like the direct (one on top of the other) stacking. I think most people here will agree with you that it’s pretty lame. No one’s doing it because it’s super fun or anything. It’s just there.

Most of the complaints that suck are generally about stacking being efficient. Stacking, even non-direct stacking (e.g. image below) is and should be efficient.

Should consider though that a change like that would need a lot of balancing to make it work. How long should the time of ‘direct stack’ be in order to give the de-buff “slowed”? Anything too quick would make blasting fields an un-needed nuisance. Would be annoying for anyone who GvGs or plays the WvW Zergs as well. Food for thought.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

I can almost guarantee that if they make new dungeons it wont be “us” who complains about it. also more paint scratch that minecraft.. laters!

@ maha

dont want to ruin your other thread so ill post this here

Stacking- By having friends you are stacking friends
Stacking- Chances are you will communicate. Stacking communication
Stacking- Ill be those friends are experienced too. Stacking exp people in same group.
Stacking- All will probably be lvl 80 too. Stacking lvl 80’s
Stacking- Probably above 1k ap. Stacking High APers.
Stacking- In range to share a boon? Stacking.
Stacking- Can mob hit more than one of you with one attack? Stacking
Screw minecraft this is more fun.

Attachments:

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Are you seriously asking to add stupid mechanics like “slow on collision”, which are hard to implement, require a lot of dev work and resources…
… when half the dungeons are still buggy and npcs ai break if you cough in their direction?
Ok.

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

Just thought something up. melee NPC mobs stack. Heck even come ranged ones.

Stacking needs to go.

HHR LostProphet.4801

That’s the idea! Multiply all mobs to that amount that they oneshot you if they hit you.
That will stop stacking, fo sho!

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

We’d counter it with reflects/blinds.

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

We are as smart as a gw2 creature. Great…

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Grawl Shaman in Volcanic Fractal is probably one of my favorite Boss fights because you can’t cheese him. There is no where to Stack there is no LOS spot, its just perfect.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

Thats strange I woulkd have thought that humans/animals/insects in real life were the first to do stacking but yea sure. GW2 mobs started stacking.

Stacking needs to go.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Grawl Shaman in Volcanic Fractal is probably one of my favorite Boss fights because you can’t cheese him. There is no where to Stack there is no LOS spot, its just perfect.

And every single casual hates it.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

They also hate mai trin, molten duo and lupi.

What does this mean?

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Stacking needs to go.

Lilith Ajit.6173

XD

So true.

Attachments:

[ARES]

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Ppl with their cool photoshop skills :P

Attachments:

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by DigitalKirin.9714)

Stacking needs to go.

HHR LostProphet.4801

I just hate it because it highly favors classes with reflects.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Of course.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Thats strange I woulkd have thought that humans/animals/insects in real life were the first to do stacking but yea sure. GW2 mobs started stacking.

Don’t think that’s a good example in the slightest.
Most pack hunters in the real world use formations and flanking actively. Wolves and Lioness don’t just bumrush, they encircle their targets and strike at flanks. For that matter their Prey is usually more apt to run then fight. As for human combat, ever since Gunpowder, stacking has become almost completely obsolete. Explosive munitions have made it dangerous to stack together and for that matter, out ranged weapons far outclass our melee weapons.
GW2 mobs have the tactical capacity of an enraged drunk.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Stacking needs to go.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Of course.

Poor warriors. (That’s it right? Everyone else has a reflect? necromancer isn’t a thing)

Warriors have everything else though. :/

[ARES]

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Of course.

Poor warriors. (That’s it right? Everyone else has a reflect? necromancer isn’t a thing)

Warriors have everything else though. :/

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Missile_Deflection

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

If stacking is so good, I wonder why isn’t it used in all parts of the game, like PvP?

Hmm…

We have to go deeper.

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

Don’t think that’s a good example in the slightest.
Most pack hunters in the real world use formations and flanking actively. Wolves and Lioness don’t just bumrush, they encircle their targets and strike at flanks. For that matter their Prey is usually more apt to run then fight. As for human combat, ever since Gunpowder, stacking has become almost completely obsolete. Explosive munitions have made it dangerous to stack together and for that matter, out ranged weapons far outclass our melee weapons.
GW2 mobs have the tactical capacity of an enraged drunk.

Look at bold

Yes and no.

How do ants/bees do combat? A pack of wolves will also stack to protect poi’s.
Bulls, horses,zerbra’s unless solo stack like mofo’s.

Modern combat? You would think that humvee full of 7 guys isnt a stack. Or tank full of 3 guys or 4 tanks together in a tight formation. Or a wing of jets in a formation isnt a stack or an armoured convoy isnt a stack
or my 11c brother handling the bipod whilst I am looking throughthe sight and my other brother dropping rounds into the tube isnt a stack also?
Or my airborne brethren packed like sardines in a c130/c17/chinook isnt a stack.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Stop trying to use logic on playhowiwants. It’s a waste of energy.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

Might have been suggested. I don’t know. Hah…I don’t think I trust Anet implementing something like that though. It would still be entirely possible to stack on a mob though. See the drawing image.

It sounds like you just don’t like the direct (one on top of the other) stacking. I think most people here will agree with you that it’s pretty lame. No one’s doing it because it’s super fun or anything. It’s just there.

Most of the complaints that suck are generally about stacking being efficient. Stacking, even non-direct stacking (e.g. image below) is and should be efficient.

Should consider though that a change like that would need a lot of balancing to make it work. How long should the time of ‘direct stack’ be in order to give the de-buff “slowed”? Anything too quick would make blasting fields an un-needed nuisance. Would be annoying for anyone who GvGs or plays the WvW Zergs as well. Food for thought.

Yes, to me the issue isn’t five dudes standing near each other, it’s five dudes standing on top of each other. For me, the aesthetic issue is a big part of it.

How about getting an endurance regeneration debuff when standing on top of each other (hey, get off my leg! etc.)? Could be slowed endurance regeneration or even just 0 endurance regeneration, which would immediately be removed once you step away. This might be easier to implement than an actual movement speed debuff.

Stacking needs to go.

Stephen McBeaven.5640

Yes, to me the issue isn’t five dudes standing near each other, it’s five dudes standing on top of each other. For me, the aesthetic issue is a big part of it.

How about getting an endurance regeneration debuff when standing on top of each other (hey, get off my leg! etc.)? Could be slowed endurance regeneration or even just 0 endurance regeneration, which would immediately be removed once you step away. This might be easier to implement than an actual movement speed debuff.

To be clear, this would still be okay.

Attachments:

Stacking needs to go.

DonQuack.9025

Why should we not be allowed to stand still?

If you have no incentive to actually move, why should we have to move?

Thanks, I do stack because I agree with the currently lame AI we have its the most effective. I wish for a game where standing still means dead and mobs have more AI than a potato.

What I mean is this:

Say a boss attacks every three seconds with a cleaving attack. Why should the two players behind it have to be moving around for absolutely no reason, and why should the three players in front have to move around in between these attacks when they would just need to move when they actually swing?

I’m taking on reasonable suggestions here, and most of them are reasonable, but things like “you should always be moving” just smells of tacking on extra challenge for no reason, because if you remember, the party for this dungeon will need to be out of close melee radius so if everyone is moving that basically means unless doing in sync we would all literally have to range bosses.

well… if there is a player at the front, the ones at the back are not really stacking, are they?

If 5 melee players are surrounding a boss, they are not strictly stacking. They don’t have much options left… the problem is when you start seeing scepter, staff, bows, stacked? (yeah some pugs still use those weapons, good elems for might <3).

Like I said, there are situations or party compositions where stacking is useful, but for example… why is it needed to stack for kholer? because you can, and its faster. That’s it. That’s the only reason… it is a hell of a fun fight, unrewarded, i agree, but still fun. I hate it when players stack for this kind of fights… I don’t complain though (and actually last couple of times I run there first and ask the rest to stack) but I wish so badly for a Kholer that would render players to cream if they stack at his twirl attack.

I blame stacking for some players ever learning to play and for example, never wanting to face Cave Troll. All tears about the new Troll in HoTW are because nobody ever wanted to learn that fight before. People look for the easiest, laziest way of doing it! If ANET out Wallmart carts on the gem shop they would be rich!

So as to not persistently derail his thread I hope you continue here.

WHAAATTTTT??? First time couple I stacked kholer he kitten d me and entire team.

Then someone said magic words. “you still have to stability/block/reflect condi clean his attack”

Its as if you guys think standing together somehow magically makes things drop over dead without anything else re…

taking hendo’s advice.