Stacking needs to go.

Stacking needs to go.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

im not sure if I am doing a good thing or bad thing

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Bad thing.
Let it die!

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The thing that often bugs me (here comes another gw1 vs gw2 comparison) is that in Gw1 mobs that get aggroed will run towards you but will maintain separation to minimise AOE.

Don’t go there. GW ranged mobs would happily plink away at characters while their arrows, etc. bounced harmlessly off the intervening objects. Yes, they maintained range, but at least in 2 the mobs move to where they have a chance to hit.

Ah, but at least they didn’t just stand in melee with everyone else lining up to be cleaved down!

True! However, on the risk/reward scale the GW2 ranged mobs have high risk/low reward, whereas GW ranged mobs have lower risk/no reward.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Just thought something up. melee NPC mobs stack. Heck even come ranged ones.

We are as smart as a gw2 creature. Great…

Thats strange I woulkd have thought that humans/animals/insects in real life were the first to do stacking but yea sure. GW2 mobs started stacking.

Don’t think that’s a good example in the slightest.
Most pack hunters in the real world use formations and flanking actively. Wolves and Lioness don’t just bumrush, they encircle their targets and strike at flanks. For that matter their Prey is usually more apt to run then fight. As for human combat, ever since Gunpowder, stacking has become almost completely obsolete. Explosive munitions have made it dangerous to stack together and for that matter, out ranged weapons far outclass our melee weapons.
GW2 mobs have the tactical capacity of an enraged drunk.

Look at bold

Yes and no.

How do ants/bees do combat? A pack of wolves will also stack to protect poi’s.
Bulls, horses,zerbra’s unless solo stack like mofo’s.

Modern combat? You would think that humvee full of 7 guys isnt a stack. Or tank full of 3 guys or 4 tanks together in a tight formation. Or a wing of jets in a formation isnt a stack or an armoured convoy isnt a stack
or my 11c brother handling the bipod whilst I am looking throughthe sight and my other brother dropping rounds into the tube isnt a stack also?
Or my airborne brethren packed like sardines in a c130/c17/chinook isnt a stack.

All of your armoured transport examples are invalid for the reason that the people are in the confined space of a vehicle for the purpose of either being taxied or operating the vehicle. I might add, a well placed explosive would likely kill the lot of them. A convoy is also in the act of transportation, is usually in a straight line and is vulnerable to ambush.

Formations aren’t what I consider stacks and a fighter squad will break formation as needed.

Horses and Zebras will be on the run when they clump together. Honestly I’ve never see a group of wild bouvine. The wolf stack is a defensive tactic, not offensive.
And insects don’t have the mental capacity for anything beyond rushing and following instinct.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

sorry. dungeon budget has heen spent

in the meantime make your own groups or join paths that have reduced stacking

if i were you id stay away from coe

i only do a couple easy paths but id recommend ac path1 and se path 1. most groups dont bother stacking ac boss and se golems are just kittens

or if you want a bit of a challenge make an lfg like “ac path2 lvl 35 and up welcome” sometimes you get all newer players they dont stack anything and want to do everything.good times!

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Worse than stacking is people pressing only 111111111.
Even worse are people who believe that it works.

I’ll leave here their favourite song : http://youtu.be/XlW7u4G973M?t=7s

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

4 pages of unstoppable bingo!!

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Did you create a Necromancer to go along with this topic?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The moderator approves this necromancer. Hints for necro buffs this patch?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Did you create a Necromancer to go along with this topic?

A moderator insisted the discussion to be continued here.

So here we are

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

The moderator approves this necromancer. Hints for necro buffs this patch?

I just hope they continue the trend of shutting down anti-stack threads.

Good mod, pls continue

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

please stay on topic. All comments that are off topic, inflammatory, rude (or in general: against our code of conduct) will be removed.

Thank you.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Stacking is a symptom, not the issue. It’s a result of enemies not being a threat.

^
This is true. Some min/maxers take it way to personal.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Stacking is a symptom, not the issue. It’s a result of enemies not being a threat.

^

I don’t think that this is the case. I think the reason that we jump on people who make these kind of threads is because we literally see them popping up every couple of days. After the 15000000th thread of it, and 98% of them not understanding why stacking is a thing, we get rather annoyed rather quickly.

Also, adding to Wethospu’s point: Stacking is a symptom of content that has fostered stagnation and wallowing in mediocrity. Things haven’t changed significantly in dungeons since release, so why should strategies change? They’ve proven very effective thus far, and the vast majority of the player base wants things spoon fed to them by us, DnT, rT, SC and the like. They’re not coming up with better strategies, faster, and “safer” ways to do things. Why would they? Rewards are the same. Risk is less. Less QQing from PuGs. There simply is no reason to change as of yet.

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

^

I don’t think that this is the case. I think the reason that we jump on people who make these kind of threads is because we literally see them popping up every couple of days. After the 15000000th thread of it, and 98% of them not understanding why stacking is a thing, we get rather annoyed rather quickly.

Also, adding to Wethospu’s point: Stacking is a symptom of content that has fostered stagnation and wallowing in mediocrity. Things haven’t changed significantly in dungeons since release, so why should strategies change? They’ve proven very effective thus far, and the vast majority of the player base wants things spoon fed to them by us, DnT, rT, SC and the like. They’re not coming up with better strategies, faster, and “safer” ways to do things. Why would they? Rewards are the same. Risk is less. Less QQing from PuGs. There simply is no reason to change as of yet.

but but but… Many of the 959846 threads about it are actually asking for things to change so we can change this boring strategy as well, I don’t know why some players take it against the players instead of actually reading what they are asking for

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

^

but but but… Many of the 959846 threads about it are actually asking for things to change so we can change this boring strategy as well, I don’t know why some players take it against the players instead of actually reading what they are asking for

Fair, but then there are the 1000s of QQing threads that come after something gets changed. Looking forward to the “Ooze can’t be fought anymore” QQ threads. Should be interesting.

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Airships, pistols, rifles, tanks and lasers in a universe with swords, shields, heavy plated armour, characters fully encased in steel having less survivability than a scantily dressed light armour class with “soldier” gear on “kill immersion” – but I’m not asking for them to be removed. There are also things like legendaries shooting ponies, footfalls, basically anything steampunk, swamps full of generic undead, players wearing stupid looking outfits which are aesthetically horrible. I’m not asking them to be removed.

I must admit this is one of my favorite posts I’ve seen on the dungeons forum for a while.

All of my yes. Well said, 100% agreed, and lol’d at the steampunk comment.

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

Airships, pistols, rifles, tanks and lasers in a universe with swords, shields, heavy plated armour, characters fully encased in steel having less survivability than a scantily dressed light armour class with “soldier” gear on “kill immersion” – but I’m not asking for them to be removed. There are also things like legendaries shooting ponies, footfalls, basically anything steampunk, swamps full of generic undead, players wearing stupid looking outfits which are aesthetically horrible. I’m not asking them to be removed.

I must admit this is one of my favorite posts I’ve seen on the dungeons forum for a while.

All of my yes. Well said, 100% agreed, and lol’d at the steampunk comment.

Even I agree with most of that, I hate every single ridiculously looking outfit added post release with cool flamez and fx… but the difference is if I find a post that says “New armors are ugly” I will jump in and say “yes! they are!”. Isn’t forums sole purpose to cast out opinions? wouldn’t it be ridiculous not to give that use to it?

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You’re right. He’s also giving you his opinion though. I agree with him that it seems silly to make the claim that stacking in combat kills immersion when there’s a plethora of other things out there that do a much better job at it.

Stacking needs to go.

Mesket.5728

You’re right. He’s also giving you his opinion though. I agree with him that it seems silly to make the claim that stacking in combat kills immersion when there’s a plethora of other things out there that do a much better job at it.

Given ANet’s level of taking feedback into consideration one can only attack here and there hoping an idea might filter a flank. I post my opinion regarding dungeon strategies as I post my opinion on ugly outfits. Meh, I even post my opinion on bad skills, office is this boring!

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Boook.9862

Boook.9862

Stacking isn’t really a bad thing…it is simply a method that people use, and people will ALWAYS find the best/fastest/easiest way to complete a task. IMHO trying to get away from the trinity was a fools errand because I see groups, even now, trying to fit themselves into those slots. It seems that the idea of a META is the thing that drives the player ‘methods’ forward. Each person gets to choose how they want to enjoy the game. Find like minded peoples and play with them. But here’s a fix for stacking…single target skills do damage to the single target targeted…AOE skills do damage to EVERYONE in the AOE. (maybe full damage to the bad guys and 1/4 damage to friendlies).

(edited by Boook.9862)

Stacking needs to go.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

this game is made for stacking ! from shouts to banners every skill is made for well organized group !
running crazy like chickens with no heads is not the way to go here !
i don’t get what is the problem ? if you wipe wile stacked then you play with idiots
time your skills like everyone else do and all will be ok

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight