Stacking sigils rendered useless?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Will they still be worth to use now that you can’t unequip them OR use two at the same time?

Source:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/runes-sigils-and-balance-updates/

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Well…I’ve heard this was coming for some time. I don’t understand the reasoning though. Wasn’t their intent to make more sigils and runes viable? This is driving more people to Force/Night/Accuracy now. Or am I missing something?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

RIP in peace stacking sigils.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Another set of Sigils fades….

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Unless they considerably buff them they will be very very niche. I would assume that if you equip different weapon for a skip, bye bye stacks.

They will still give the best damage output (assuming they affect both weapon sets) but not worth the effort unless trying for a record.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Eh, I think if you can plan on not going down a lot, one stacking sigil will still be good in places where you can get the stacks, since you don’t need to even get near full stacks to outstrip force/accuracy.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Wethospu.6437

Yes, but what about outstripping Night/Slaying/Air?

One Note Chord.5031

Hmm, air’s that good? I didn’t realize. But yeah, I think it takes close to full stacks to outstrip the 10% damage ones, although I haven’t done the math; I imagine in most cases night+slaying will be better where you can do it.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Wethospu.6437

Yes, but why would anyone go through the hazzle for such a minimal gain? Unless going for a record.

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Well, some people like being as efficient as possible Like me with my 1500 gold infusions.

One Note Chord.5031

Yeah, I agree that it’s a tradeoff between hassle and minimal gain. I think that’s all sigils ever are, really—trying to get an extra 5% here or there. I just think that while this change will make stacking sigils less common, we might still see some people using something like stacking + night/force/accuracy on one set and two of those three on the other.

I’m not even saying I’ll definitely do that. I’m not sure what I’ll do. But I don’t think it’d be crazy, or even a great hassle.

Wethospu.6437

Using a sigil like Force or infusions isn’t really a hassle as they are just passive effects. Perhaps you have to swap some weapons at start of the dungeon but that’s it. Also you get like 5-10% more dps (depends what you change)

What about stacking sigils then? You really can’t just equip them as stacking on elite enemies probably results in a dps loss. Instead you have to wait for a big group of normal enemies which aren’t available in every dungeon. Once you have your stacks you are probably locked on that weapon forever (can’t for example switch to a different weapon while skipping). Also there is always a risk of getting downed. And what you get? 0-3% more dps (depends when you are able to get the stacks).

Not to mention the worst case scenario, that they will be active only when using that weapon set. Which would mean dps loss in pretty much every case.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

On top of all that you would still be having a DPS loss for the first part of the dungeon while building your stacks. In all fairness I don’t think stacking sigils will be worthwhile at all.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m also baffled by this change, although I’m not 100% sure that’s what the new mechanic is going to be like. It MIGHT be that the stacks remain unless you unequip the weapon with the sigil. I’ll be waiting for the actual update before I cast my verdict, but if the stacks do indeed vanish the moment you weapon swap, then they will be not be worth it since it basically negates the benefit of weapon swapping.

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

If swapping weapons wipes the stacks, then the bearbows and staff campers have the perfect reason to no swap weapons. IF they have the sigil in the first place :P

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It clearly states the stacks will only be lost if the weapon with the stacking sigil is unequipped. There are still better options IMO though.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

They’re turning them into PvP/WvW-exclusive sigils pretty much. It says that a kill in PvP or WvW will give you 5 stacks… which would certainly make them viable there.

Anywhere else in the game, 100% useless. Glad I sold the spare bloodlust sigils that I had in my stash.