Stay strong Anet; Raids should be DIFFICULT

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I think there are many like myself who yearn for challenging and organized PvE content; And I know for a fact that when raids get released there will be a lot of people who complain that they cant clear a boss, or that their fingers hurt from clicking or whatever the case may be.

My point is, is it would be nice to actually feel accomplished for doing something. Kicking up your game play to the next level with 9 of your other friends is a remarkable feeling, and I know I have had fun with these organized meta events in HoT by far some of the best PvE content thus far; but raids should bring a whole new level of organization a whole new level of gameplay. Leave the easy stuff for map meta events and the old dungeons.

Keep raids for people who want to push themselves and be rewarded for doing so. Stay strong anet, incoming tears.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Raids being very difficult and requiring an organized group is the whole point of it, right?

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Raids being very difficult and requiring an organized group is the whole point of it, right?

Yeah, same thing was said about Tequatl. Look how that turned out.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I agree, but only as long as they undo the super nerf on ascended gear from Fractals.

Posted by: Reaper.1239

Reaper.1239

Yes , people will whine and complain like they always do because they wont be able to clear the boss in their first 1-5 attempts. These same people will complain that there is no endgame content after a few weeks. I can already see tons of complaints about them releasing only 1 wing next week instead of the whole raid before they even touched the raid itself. If Anet caters to this group of people and nerfs the content , like they did with some of the hero points in Verdant Brink ( not talking about the reduction of the required number for elite spec) , this game’s future wont be looking good at all.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I’m fine with raids being insurmountable except for highly skilled, organised guild groups, just so long as they change the TD meta to be more accessible (or even just more awesome)

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I’m fine with raids being insurmountable except for highly skilled, organised guild groups, just so long as they change the TD meta to be more accessible (or even just more awesome)

You guys are fooling yourselves, i.e… under estimating the human ability to adjust and adapt. Within 3-6 months pug groups are gonna be speed running that stuff. :-)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Would know what was really nerfed on Teq.

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

To my knowledge nothing was. People just learned the different phases and that was it. Old Teq went from “organized guild group hard” to become part of the everyone’s farming rotation. If anything was nerfed it might have been the rewards…

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

To my knowledge nothing was. People just learned the different phases and that was it. Old Teq went from “organized guild group hard” to become part of the everyone’s farming rotation. If anything was nerfed it might have been the rewards…

That sounds a lot like Urgoz Warren and The Deep in GW1. Early groups had trouble because they were figuring out what they needed. But once you had someone who knew what to do the hardest part became getting enough people together to run them.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Tequatl wasn’t nerfed, players were massively, massively buffed since he came out (look at triple trouble for how extreme the change was.)

Raids being hard is fine with me, but unfortunately they have killed off every type of 5 man play that was available to us. If raids are not accessible to 95% of the population, instanced play is gone.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I just hope there are actually decent rewards since none of their other group content has any worth mentioning.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I just hope there are actually decent rewards since none of their other group content has any worth mentioning.

2 gold per week, doubled to 4 for it being new content, according to the latest blog post.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

2 Gold per Boss. Massive XP Rewards, Raid Currency, Unique Skins and Shiny Rewards and also Ascended Weapons and Armor. Hope the Drop-Rate is good enough so we don’t need to Kill Boss Y for X Times just to get one Drop.^^

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So long as the rewards properly reflect the difficulty.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Anet and the knights got it wrong on HoT and difficulty…..

Raids are supposed to be difficult and that’s what we all expect…

However for PVE content people wanted a difficult zone like those found in GW1. Underworld, Fissure of WoE, The Deep, and that place in Torment whose name I forget are what the people wanted in terms of difficulty and all of which were optional zones with high yield rewards. Though they made the campaign maps more difficult just to give a middle finger to casuals and new players I guess I really don’t know.

HoT is more difficult yes and it’s an unneeded difficulty and I feel the game still lacks a a traditional Underworld type map so people will still be asking for more difficult content since we didn’t get it cause I know I am as HoT isn’t hard for a vet just annoying with mapping with masteries. These people will be drowned out by regular folks who like myself are kinda confused why they made the mobs the current level of difficulty they are for campaign maps…

It’ll all get nerfed eventually because of how they tried to implement difficult content by not adding a dedicated map for it. It’ll start with the three measly maps we got in HoT then spread way to far and effect the raids. Doesn’t matter how many people want difficult content forcing everyone to march through it sealed it’s destruction.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You guys are fooling yourselves, i.e… under estimating the human ability to adjust and adapt. Within 3-6 months pug groups are gonna be speed running that stuff. :-)

It’s going to be much faster than that. Three months max, probably two. And only that long because rewards are weekly so people will only do them weekly, which means it’ll take a while before players become experienced. Time-gating at its best.