Stickied "Current State of Arah"?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

Getting sick of trying to figure out what’s bugged or what’s broken with Arah, every month it’s something new or something that was once fixed and is broken again blah blah. Can we have just a simple, which paths are broken i.e. Seers path and why? etc and stickied.

No one will do this because every time you go in there and actually try and play it for the content or dungeon master achievement, it’s usually a waste of time for anything other than P3. The # of tokens should also be boosted given the large time requirements of this place.

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

1,2,3 should be fine. 4 if you can kill Simin.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

There are occasional bugs in path 2.

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

Ran into a huge problem with Path 3 just now. About 3-4 min into the Lupi fight, he resets. Did it 4 times in a row. First time he did it, I was pulling him, than he just ran to his start point, sat down n healed. reset the encounter. We fought him again and again, kept reseting. Anyone have any luck finishing P3 since the patch? anyone have this happen to them? *NOTE I was not far enough away from him for a reset like this. It was in the middle of combat.

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Path 1 & 3 are fine- did em last night

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

Try P3 today please, seriously couldnt kill Lupi cause he kept reseting during combat. Not sure if its just a once in a while bug, but it was happening.

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Did it today, didn’t have any problem with GL.

Posted by: fathamburger.8453

fathamburger.8453

This needs to be stickied. Have been getting mid reset issues for Lupi as well. Its sad it wasn’t failing at P3 issues like most people since we were handling it fine, it was him literally resetting mid combat while doing well that broke our group’s spirit.

The code that you have to prevent people from pulling him to waypoint before is now affecting legitimate play of this encounter

Woman Scorned – 80 Sylvari Elementalist
OMG U Noobs – 80 Norn Guardian
Jade Quarry server

(edited by fathamburger.8453)

Wethospu.6437

Video of Lupicus resetting for no reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt48TTtT1c

So pushing it to wall is bit risky.

Posted by: LunaticSerenade.7615

LunaticSerenade.7615

I just posted this in the bug section:

This just happened to my on Path 2. My party composition was Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist, Engineer, and Necromancer. We’re all in a guild, communicating by voice (except the Necro). We’ve done extensive research (the Necro and I both really, REALLY, want the Arah armor), and have the process down.
So, we’ve engaged Giganticus.
Phase 1: We’re stacked up, Ele, Necro, Engi doing ranged DPS, guardian and I damage spiking Giganticus. Can I mention the rage and disappointment I feel at the existence of a boss that cannot be fought melee? While I (the Warrior) can use a longbow, the Guardian has nothing. Anyway, we get him down to about 70% life with only 2 grub buffs. Awesome. This is going smoothly, hard but fun.
Phase two starts. Party wipe. Okay, that sucked, but that was our fault. Start over.
Phase one: This time, we get through with no grub buffs. Incredible!
Phase two: This time we dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge like champs. We’re hitting him with a ton of DPS, his bar is going down. two members go down, we have them back up within seconds, back to damage. Then, while I am actively hitting him, he is actively hitting the Guardian, he resets.
What? I look again. He is fully reset.
At this point, as I’m sure you can understand, many choice phrases were said. We took a small break, discussed, and determined that this is almost impossible.
Now, I love this game. I’ve played over 700 hours in the last 90 days, 265 hours on my warrior alone. I’ve experience numerous frustrating situations (jumping puzzles?) with a sense of victory afterwards. I’ve persevered through bugs, glitches, and epic fails since the head start period. I have three level 80 characters. I loved Guild Wars 1, I love the lore of Tyria, a couple guild mates and I have conversations about the future of this game as it relates to Elona and Cantha (the Dervish was my favorite character in GW1), I’ve even created a back story and family line for my level 80 thief reaching back to my Dervish from GW1.
Arah path 2 has left me feeling a great sense of disappointment. I understand that Dungeons are meant to be hard. I appreciate a good challenge. I’ve run Twilight Arbor numerous times and it’s still hard. But this… resetting while being attacked? This kind of glitch/bug, and I sincerely hope it is a glitch/bug, should not be allowed to exist.
I hope this get’s fixed as soon as possible…I reeeeaaaaaally want that armor.

Fayde Lightbane – Level 80 Thief | Taveren Mighthammer – Level 80 Warrior
Kavohl Serien – Level 80 Ranger | Merin Leafsower – Level 80 Engineer
Kolbjorn Wolfsbane – Level 80 Guardian

haviz.1340

-snip-

True, he resets sometimes but very rarely, you had to be very unlucky to get it on your first round (happened once in about 80+ fights). You shouldn’t resign yourself from trying again.

Plus, who told you you can’t fight in melee?

LunaticSerenade.7615

-snip-

True, he resets sometimes but very rarely, you had to be very unlucky to get it on your first round (happened once in about 80+ fights). You shouldn’t resign yourself from trying again.

Plus, who told you you can’t fight in melee?

Now that I figured out how to find my posts. -.-

I just tried it again (same group), and while he didn’t reset until we all died, it was like I was doing no damage.

This boss is just so f—-ing frustrating, I’m contemplating giving up on the Arah armor (and possibly the game, though probably not) entirely.

haviz.1340

I just tried it again (same group), and while he didn’t reset until we all died, it was like I was doing no damage.

This boss is just so f—-ing frustrating, I’m contemplating giving up on the Arah armor (and possibly the game, though probably not) entirely.

His barely frustrating if you start thinking instead of trying to faceroll him like 99% of other bosses. If you’re pugging, try taking people with more than 2.5k achievement points, it’s not good indicator but better than nothing. You only need 2 people who know what to do there.

LunaticSerenade.7615

His barely frustrating if you start thinking instead of trying to faceroll him like 99% of other bosses. If you’re pugging, try taking people with more than 2.5k achievement points, it’s not good indicator but better than nothing. You only need 2 people who know what to do there.

1. Knowing what to do means little when what you have to do it with zero margin for error.

2. Achievement points mean nothing…but the group I roll with all have 2.5k or more.

3. I just did it in a group with all five of us knowing how to do it, all of us thinking instead of trying to “faceroll,” and it still failed.

In short, your statement is invalid in the light of the facts. Please stop trolling me.

Arena Net:

A response would be lovely. Just saying.

haviz.1340

1. Knowing what to do means little when what you have to do it with zero margin for error.

2. Achievement points mean nothing…but the group I roll with all have 2.5k or more.

3. I just did it in a group with all five of us knowing how to do it, all of us thinking instead of trying to “faceroll,” and it still failed.

In short, your statement is invalid in the light of the facts. Please stop trolling me.

Arena Net:

1. You have some margin for error, grab defensive utilities, swap traits, think.

2. I’ve said it wasn’t really good indicator but better than nothing (guy with 1k is probably worse than guy with 3k)

3. If you failed, you must have done something wrong,

What facts? That you failed despite not trying to faceroll? How’s that a fact?

How are my posts trolling you? What do you want to hear from Anet? That they gonna nerf him so everyone can farm arah like ac/cof? You already are able to, it’s even faster. I’d rather think they would make those farmspots more harder than make harder-than-average dungeon easier for newcomers.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

Arena Net:

1. knowing help, but only ‘theory’ not much. practice makes perfect.
2. actually they do with some assumptions. assuming person is playing ‘main class’ and not some fresh alt class which is not mastered yet. and also assuming said person done arah few times successfully before.
3. i guess you lack successful practice. or are yet to master the classes you are playing. (just a polite way of saying that at the moment you are terribad)

and the fact that some players can solo lupi… nothing else to add.

EDIT:

think

don’t ask that. its superpower nowadays.

kill all ze thingz

LunaticSerenade.7615

Either of you are welcome at any time to prove your claims and run me and my group through it.

Put up or shut up.

haviz.1340

Sure, if you’re playing on EU server. And let me get 1 more player I know so you gonna have those 2 people who know what to do.

LunaticSerenade.7615

NA server. :/

I tip my hat at your willingness to do it though.

Wethospu.6437

Bit off-topic but just too curious. Do you know someone else?

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Lupus is fine, don’t touch him.

haviz.1340

I heard one ranger have done it.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Seems possible on ranger, even without reckless dodge. Lots of evades on Sword + Greatsword, also two damage immunity skills for when you get stuck in the bubble.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

exploiters should be banned, all i gotta say about that.

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

Lupus is fine, don’t touch him.

Counterpoint: I will send cake to any Anet programmer that nerfs that fight.

Or doughnuts! Pies? Perhaps some Pizza?

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

exploiters should be banned, all i gotta say about that.

Check the other thread where the player who did that posted a video about it and the Anet dungeon designer said his congratulations.

Wethospu.6437

You mean the one who didn’t know half of the fight?

haviz.1340

You mean the one who didn’t know half of the fight?

But he claimed he have done it!!