in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Fixing the forum bug.

Stop Players from Dungeon Exclusions

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea it happens I got kicked out of a p1 p2 p3 exp coe group becouse when 4 manning the first trash the elem thought the dps was to low asked everyone to link gear.

Being honest I said i was a pvt guardian and got kicked 3 seconds later.

Was I mad sure it wasent advertised as a zerker party but 1½ min later i found a new party to do all paths and that was at 4am my time.

The all welcome teams fill up fast thats why you dont see them.
People complain that stuff is to easy in gw2 clearly they havent done ac with 4 lvl 35s in blue/green gear being the only 80

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

People complain that stuff is to easy in gw2 clearly they havent done ac with 4 lvl 35s in blue/green gear being the only 80

As long as the underlevels draw any kind of aggro it’s laughably easy on an ele. The hardest part would be p3 time-gated burrows.

Posted by: DanScott.4839

DanScott.4839

As long as the underlevels draw any kind of aggro it’s laughably easy on an ele. The hardest part would be p3 time-gated burrows.

you forgot to read the part where he said he was a pvt guardian xD

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Eirdyne.9843@

99% of the player base will disagree with all your sugestions.You are the minority here.Also be greatful that there isn’t an inspect option.Linking what items you are wearing can be bypassed.Inspecting your items and build direcltly can’t be avoided if it was in the game.

What you want is not the same thing as what i want.Don’t try to enforce your point of view.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

Ability to inspect Gear & Build would be soo nice no need to ask anyone to link anything just check em out and ask politely to leave if theres something wrong before run begins to not waste anyones time. (Ofc this would go for Meta’s) tho id also could consider it useful for new ppl checking out vets builds and stuff for their learning curves as some may be afraid to ask stuff ^^.

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ability to inspect Gear & Build would be soo nice no need to ask anyone to link anything just check em out and ask politely to leave if theres something wrong before run begins to not waste anyones time. (Ofc this would go for Meta’s) tho id also could consider it useful for new ppl checking out vets builds and stuff for their learning curves as some may be afraid to ask stuff ^^.

Be ready to get eaten alive… you should know: inspect is bad for the community for unspecified reasons, makes elitism worse, makes it impossible to find party, it makes your dog ill and I don’t know what else.

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

Well everything has its good and bad sides ^^ , but we all know such thing never will happen.

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Be ready to get eaten alive… you should know: inspect is bad for the community for unspecified reasons, makes elitism worse, makes it impossible to find party, it makes your dog ill and I don’t know what else.

Dont forget erectile dysfunction. Studies have showing a clear link between Inspect and ED.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea maybe 0.5% would politely ask people to leave the rest would kick without a word

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

Anet, please:

A — remove achievement points from being visible in dungeons or in party.
B -- remove the linking of armor stats within dungeons to allow for players to play support roles, condition roles, and etc.
C — disallow use of damage meters

Create a Terms of Service agreement that bars players from being able to do all of the above.

IF any of the above is considered to extreme, consider, find, and apply other alternatives.

YOU (Anet) have made a great game, but your players are forcing unnecessary and unwarranted restrictions upon how that game may be played. This severely enough that many simply won’t do dungeons now.

Thanks

Now first off, im really chill, and if people know what thier doin they can run full nomads bearbow ranger for all i care, People should not be forced to play zerker groups, I agree. But, Zerker groups should not be forced to accept non zerkers if they don’t want to

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Huh, and here I thought damage meters didn’t even exist for this game. Not that it prevented people with a brain from figuring out what the highest damage classes were.

Should be a lesson about the futility of trying to obscure facts. To those interested in efficiency, you’ll never be able to hide results from.

Quite frankly I’m more surprised in your pitiful list you didn’t include addressing class exclusion, which is a far more prominent example of player exclusion. Tried any fractal 50’s lately as a ranger/necro? “GUARDIAN STAFF ELE PS WARRIOR ONLY”. They don’t mention thief but they accept those on a pinch even though it’s the highest damage class in game but stupid people with no personality will follow a perceived “meta” unquestioningly.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

A — No.
B — Double no.
C — I don’t care but no.

A: GW2 already offers very little insight how good a player is. If I am looking for experienced players, I want them to play this game for atleast two weeks.
B: The only outcome this change would have is that, once it is obvious that the group is lacking damage, the player with the wrong gear gets kicked. So instead of being kicked instantly, ergo not losing much time, the player gets kicked later on, ergo, is losing more time.
C: I don’t care.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I like the idea that if your party kicks someone from an instance you can’t fill that slot.

Another idea is that if you leave your party from an instance, your party can fill that slot but you are blocked from the path for a day. If you leave 3 paths in a day you would then be blocked from dungeons/fractals for a day.

Zerk only meta 8K+ AP groups could still set up their groups with lots of vetting, but the toxic behavior would be curbed.

DonQuack.9025

Leave? For reals Leave?
come come now

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Leave? For reals Leave?
come come now

If you want your special leet group then take the time to make it. If you want to pug then pug.

Hmmm a slight change is warranted. If you leave the instance, you can still rejoin your party. (Don’t want disconnects to mess with people)

DonQuack.9025

yes because the only reason people leave groups is because they want a leet group.

I for one am all for this.

/watchestheworldburn

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I like the idea that if your party kicks someone from an instance you can’t fill that slot.

Another idea is that if you leave your party from an instance, your party can fill that slot but you are blocked from the path for a day. If you leave 3 paths in a day you would then be blocked from dungeons/fractals for a day.

Zerk only meta 8K+ AP groups could still set up their groups with lots of vetting, but the toxic behavior would be curbed.

I want to write a novel on this, but I’ll keep it short. My last main MMO put in things like this, and it was beyond annoying. I’m not one to kick people almost ever, I join more “anything goes” groups than "zerk meta ping gear’ groups as I find the pace is more to my liking. But I KNOW if a system like this went into place I’d find myself being punished for being in fringe cases. And god that’s annoying.

I’d much prefer some kind of positive incentive, like a bonus champ chest at the end if you do an LFG group and don’t kick anyone. Whatever it is, positive reinforcement is always better and punishing options almost always has collateral damage.

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Not sure if OP is srs or?

[GAMW]

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Wow that’s a terrible idea.

- My friend need to go and disconnect without leaving the party. I don’t mind finishing the path with 4 ppl, but not everybody. I can’t even give the path to a guildmate? And don’t tell me that never happen, because I got a couple friend that never quit the party before disconnecting.

- I need to go. Eat dinner or something. I quit the path, but now I can do it later that day? What if i’m in a guildgroup and I leave my place to another guildmate?

- I got a pug, but he go afk in CoF path 1 or somwthing like that. I want to kick him and take another player to finish the part where we need 5 men.

A lot of situation where this will hurt normal player just because you are kitten by speed runner and meta guys.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Not sure if OP is srs or?

Judging by the other posts he made, he is very srs

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

YOU (Anet) have made a great game, but your players are forcing unnecessary and unwarranted restrictions upon how that game may be played. This severely enough that many simply won’t do dungeons now.

In my opinion, the problem is that the game itself has too few “restrictions” when it comes to grouping, therefore forcing the playerbase to make their own (some more questionable than others). Restrictions is sort of a negative term though, I prefer filtering myself, in a way of creating more options.

To elaborate this further:
As a veteran player with hundreds of dungeon runs, my goals likely differ from newer players. Yet the game makes no distinction between the two. The lfg-system as such offers no support for this other than setting a description.

What I personally would like to see is something along the lines of (good) match-making in a PvP-game: The game should consider how much time I invested into dungeons, how many paths completed, etc. and incorporate this into the lfg-system as some (completely optional) sort of filtering. Maybe similar to the fractal tiers, there could be some sort of dungeon-tiers which unlock for the lfg-interface after x-amount of runs. They don’t change the dungeons as such, just the kind of groups/players you see. I believe this would go a long way in helping to make better groups for all players involved.

Having played dungeons basically since launch, I understand how frustrating the initial learning curve can be. This only gets worse over time as inexperienced players get mixed with veterans who only care about completion time at this point. In my opinion, the only answer to this is separation. None should be excluded, but instead placed in the kind of group environment they fit it. Restrictions/filtering are required for this, but they need to be offered through the game and not through the playerbase.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

^This. Agreed on pretty much everything. Not sure if it’s technically possible, but it would surely be a nice thing to have.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

^This. Agreed on pretty much everything. Not sure if it’s technically possible, but it would surely be a nice thing to have.

Doesn’t really matter.

Technical feasibility has nothing to do with whether or not dungeon-related issues get addressed in this game.

Posted by: trassr justin.9743

trassr justin.9743

I have a brilliant solution! Make your own group in lfg. I know it’s crazy, but it might just work.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You realize this still is a -game-, right?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Does that mean that I will be able to report people that don’t read and ignore everything for LFG abuse?