Story mode = pain and anguish

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

Lets be realistic here people. All the hardcore people that agree “Story Mode” should melt their face difficulty wise have been smelling too much of the fumes out of an exhaust pipe.

To me, what I would think a good definition of “Story Mode” would be new people coming together in a pug group/friends group, never running the dungeon before and wanting to check out the story. If this is the case/group prepare for pain and anguish with deaths and dying/running back/dying running back. Even successful dungeon groups i’ve had involved deaths and people running back while the boss fight/trash mobs were still active.

Keep the difficulty in EXPLORE mode, and scale back the difficulty on Story Mode for people who just wanna do that – check out the story and see the dungeon. CM for the most part is fine, but AC, TA, and SE (the ones i’ve done so far) really do require not only a diverse group of classes, but people using combo’s and hitting on all cylinders. Wouldn’t you want people to go through the story, see the dungeon and how it functions, then melt their faces in Explore mode. Hell all these hardcore people should be given an option in Explore mode to be dropped into a pit with 30 bosses and have their faces melted to their hearts content.

(edited by Gurubu.1693)

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I must admit that I am mostly checking out story mode dungeons for the story….
So yeah, wouldn’t complain about a slight decrease in difficulty. They are manageable, however.
…and provide heaps of fun in voice-chat

Polka will never die

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

It isn’t the difficulty that’s the problem, it’s the design. It feels completely unfocused and spammy. I hate it.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

Posted by: Treize.7026

Treize.7026

Honestly the dungeons just feel like running through a particularly aggro-heavy zone with the mob health and damage increased by like 200%. They definitely need to put more thought into these.

Honestly I think story mode should have a solo-able version which rewards you accordingly (i.e. not really any more rewarding than doing one of the personal story instances), while keeping the group story mode where it is for the big chunk of XP…

Posted by: Mitlandir.8306

Mitlandir.8306

Oh my GOD, are people REALLY complaining about this?! Story mode is A BREEZE, in every SINGLE dungeon. I’m even getting frustrated at how easy all dungeons are and I really hope the lvl 80 one will actually offer a challenge.

How are you having so much trouble with, say, Ascalonian Catacombs on story mode, when I could literally go in there for the first time at lvl 30, die only a few times and beat it with a completely random group without even having to discuss tactics before a boss? And I am just a casual player, like the majority. I didn’t find it super-easy because it was the first dungeon I did – it was hard enough to keep me on my toes but NOTHING like what you just described.

Please explain that to me, please!