Strange AI glitch in Arah

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

So I would like to talk about a bug that I’ve noticed with AI in Arah for a while but before I do I should mention that I’ve only noticed it in Arah and not anywhere else.

Basically what happens is that sometimes if you are in combat with 2 mobs already, a third mob will immediately go invulnerable/reset/ignore you if you have not attacked it yet. This isn’t really that accurate of a description because it seems to vary a lot but I’m doing my best to explain it.

I’ll give some examples of what I mean…

So, Lupicus.

As we all know when going for a speed kill, the timer doesn’t start when he is aggroed but when you actually engage in combat with him. Warriors had adrenaline triple nerfed and to begin the fight in full adrenaline, you need to cleave some swarms for a bit and purposely leave one/them alive before going in on Lupi.

The problem: if you don’t hit him, then he will reset the instant that there are more than 2 swarms spawned. This also includes swarms that spawn behind the wall.

Try it and see for yourself if this sounds weird to you. All you have to do is stand in his red circle and push him to the wall by moving forward, just without touching him. Once more than 2 swarms appear, he’ll walk back to the middle. If the swarms are all behind the wall still, you could literally just type “/sit” or “/dance” or whatever you want underneath Lupi and afk for as long as you want.

Another example…

I’m sure this one has p*ssed off a lot of people… the wraiths at the end of Arah P3 in the ritual. I am not sure which update in particular it was caused from but I believe it was right around when ferocity was implemented, so spring of this year— something weird happened and now the wraiths very frequently will go invulnerable/begin to reset as you run around anywhere besides the very middle and keep cleaving them.

Yet another example…

The sparks at Simin in Arah P4. It is fairly well known now that you kinda can’t lure 3 sparks to the middle at once anymore. It used to be feasible but with a change that happened around the same time as the problems with the wraiths it seems like any more than 2 wraiths on a person results in the third one just resetting. What seems to work is to move very slowly and wait for the sparks to be very close to you, then inch along towards the circles. This isn’t practical obviously.

Because players can’t damage the sparks, a problem happens similarly to what happens with Lupicus. Like I said earlier… if you don’t hit them, they will lose aggro. Doesn’t necessarily matter if you get hit or not.

A fourth example…

Do any of you remember when fighting the two elite abominations by the gate to the arena with Lupicus then suddenly you get hit by a bladetrail from a champion orrian warrior, or an axe from an elite hunter and think “kitten RLY?!” only to notice that nothing else came after that one hit? They just… lose aggro right away.

This example is fortunately convenient, as nobody wants to get random aggro while fighting them… but it seems to be relevant.

Ok, so the point of this thread is to hopefully find out if anybody else knows more about this issue than me and I guess also to spread awareness about it.

I know that this company is very neglectful of glitches/problems that exist in this game but it doesn’t mean that I can’t at least try/be hopeful.

Also if anybody else knows more about this I would appreciate some insight on why this seems to be happening.

To reiterate:
-I’ve noticed this stuff starting to happen around spring this year.
-It seems to happen whenever 2 mobs are aggroed on you already and you haven’t yet engaged in combat with a third mob that you aggroed? (weird with the wraiths at the ritual because I do hit them a lot… so I’m not necessarily 100% sure this is the same issue or the cause of it).

-

P.S. – Any time I have tried posting bugs/glitches in Game Bugs subforum it is quickly moved to page 2 and beyond by people posting crap that aren’t even bugs… so, in vain.

I also feel like my target audience would be people that regularly use this subforum.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I also noticed this bug, I only noticed it in the room right before lupi which is notorious for strange AI. I had no idea this bug extended outside that room. Since it’s an AI bug I highly doubt Anet will do thing about (look at mesmer phantasms).

The Sickest Guild NA

Purple Miku.7032

On the topic of strange AI, I’d really like to know why out of the four path NPCs, Varra Skylark is literally the only one that will immediately start attacking everything the moment they glance at you.

But that’s another problem of its own. ._.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Embrace The Bold.7619

On the topic of strange AI, I’d really like to know why out of the four path NPCs, Varra Skylark is literally the only one that will immediately start attacking everything the moment they glance at you.

Have you seen Braham? HE LITERALLY DOES SHIELD 5 FIRST EVEN IF THERE ARE ONLY MELEE MOBS. I swear he screws my icebow 5 over WAY TOO MUCH! I hate braham rox is da best though <3

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Lupi thing. Neat. (If I weren’t so casual I’d advocate first skill use, aggro, or push to start timer doe.)

Have you seen Braham? HE LITERALLY DOES SHIELD 5 FIRST EVEN IF THERE ARE ONLY MELEE MOBS.

Working as intended. Would alienate the majority if he made sense.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Purple Miku.7032

Oh trust me, I know how much of a piece of kitten Braham is. He and Varra are so similar in their belligerence and capacity to ruin everything that I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Varra started e-dating.

Embrace The Bold.7619

Oh trust me, I know how much of a piece of kitten Braham is. He and Varra are so similar in their belligerence and capacity to ruin everything that I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Varra started e-dating.

But then we can’t have braham rox romance! The HORROR.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Whew, thanks for explaining the mechanics behind this one. Spark aggro was driving me insane, not knowing why I could only get two at a time.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

yeah thanks for the info miku. it helps a lot.

gonna go test out that lupi trick.

Purple Miku.7032

Np, I just would like to know what the hell they did to cause these problems -.-

Purple Miku.7032

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

Have you seen Braham? HE LITERALLY DOES SHIELD 5 FIRST EVEN IF THERE ARE ONLY MELEE MOBS. I swear he screws my icebow 5 over WAY TOO MUCH! I hate braham rox is da best though <3

Oh man, I feel your pain…
What we do when we are on this encounter is simply checking whos BrOham following and then that guy stands abit behind the stacking point. This way Braham doesnt have time to cast his shield before icebow 5 and Berserker wont tp out of the stack.
Hope this helps o/

Hexagonis [HeX]

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I wonder if this is related to the bug where archdiviner sometimes becomes invuln to you if he cages you? That would sort of fit with the theory that it has to do with minion agro, which are 3 out of your 4 examples. (Lupi’s swarms, wrathlord’s wraths, and simin’s sparks). I might try and test some stuff on the SEP3 destroyer, since he’s (relatively) easy to get to and I’m curious if this is an arah specific problem or not.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Purple Miku.7032

I’m really not sure it has to do with that because in that example he doesn’t have aggro range extended to the cages so it makes sense that if he is not able to attack you while you’re in there that he’d temporarily go invulnerable to you.

It’s worth testing this stuff though. Like I said I’m pretty sure it’s an Arah-specific issue, but hell I could certainly be wrong.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Wow someone just redirected me to this post. I had actually read it when Miku posted it, but I was just duoing Arah P4 and I could not get 3 sparks to keep aggro. I tried walking backwards, hitting the invul mobs (lol), but one would always lose aggro.

This explains it! tyvm for this post.

(edited by Veydar.5017)

Purple Miku.7032

Hey Nokaru.7831 if you read this, I can’t reply to inbox messages on forums. I get a message that says I’m being punished and can’t send messages to regular users >_>

Anyways, thanks for the PM. I’m glad to know that we’ve confirmed that this AI glitch is prevalent everywhere instead of just Arah.

To anybody else that reads it… test it yourself. It’s weird!

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I’ve just done Arah p4 with some guildies. I was doing the lights at Simin and due to the fact that I missed to place some, i ended up with 3 at the same time. Those 3 were following me and didn’t reset.

I didn’t test it more, but i believe it “might” be fixed.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Stompy.1387

I’ve just done Arah p4 with some guildies. I was doing the lights at Simin and due to the fact that I missed to place some, i ended up with 3 at the same time. Those 3 were following me and didn’t reset.

I will be so happy if it is. I’ll do an Arah p4 solo later tonight and test it out, and will report back here.

Stompy.1387

I will be so happy if it is. I’ll do an Arah p4 solo later tonight and test it out, and will report back here.

Confirmed it right now, it is not fixed.

Purple Miku.7032

Of course it isn’t fixed, they probably will never bother to care fixing it based off of their track record :P

I posted above that somebody has tested it and that it indeed exists in open world/other places than just Arah, so it looks like the glitch is much much bigger than the specific problems we have in this dungeon.

Would be nice if they’d acknowledge it but yeah… it’d be unrealistic to expect anything from them.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Kinda unrelated maybe but the other night I did Arah p4 at simin somebody casted an ember by accident (you know the one used during teq/3h wurm) and 3 sparks aggro’d onto it lol. The fight totally got bugged and somehow simin respawned at 50% and never healed up after that :/

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Kinda unrelated maybe but the other night I did Arah p4 at simin somebody casted an ember by accident (you know the one used during teq/3h wurm) and 3 sparks aggro’d onto it lol. The fight totally got bugged and somehow simin respawned at 50% and never healed up after that :/

Now that you say that, there was a mesmer clone nearby (fighting simin) involved when i had the aggro on 3 lights.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Purple Miku.7032

That problem happens every single time doing P4 with a ranger in the party btw. The pets… ugh.