Subject Alpha in CoE

Subject Alpha in CoE

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rich.5371

Rich.5371

Worst boss fight ever. AOE’s and can’t always evade attacks even when stacked. Large hp pool for no reason.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Takes me 2-3 mins to solo first fight. I agree it is a pain when people have no idea about mechanics but that’s exactly how it should be.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Rich.5371

The most frustrating thing is the constant need to break crystals and ressing when the group isn’t stacked. Otherwise you can try dodging all his attacks and the fight will last a half hour

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The most frustrating thing is the constant need to break crystals and ressing when the group isn’t stacked. Otherwise you can try dodging all his attacks and the fight will last a half hour

Dodge crystals? It’s not the most easy thing to do but doable.

A half hour? Are you playing with 5 tanks/healers/bunkers?

Subject Alpha in CoE

Rich.5371

I was being sarcastic.

But not everyone runs dungeons with full berserker/rampager gear

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Craziplaya.2103

Craziplaya.2103

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

For me it’s the silly autoattacks. You only have so many dodges, and getting nailed by autoattacks that do half your health is not amusing.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

He’s not too much trouble, just be sure you’re timing your dodge right.
If you make an effort to force yourself to only run out of the dragon tooth AOE and save your dodge for the big AOE, you’ll prettymuch always have the endurance for it. It might take a fight or two, but you’ll have the rhythm of it down in no time.

I’m actually kind of sad this guy gets cheesed so often, it’s otherwise a pretty solid boss fight.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You may dodge the big AoE, but if he’s aggroed on you he also does an earth spike autoattack following that. And not everyone has the endurance regen to survive that.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

All the group needs to do is to spread out, so his circles do not overlap.

You have to learn the thing with either the inner or the outer circle being a safe spot and how to see which one is which.

Each player should have one defense skill to survive being in the crystal.

No player should approach the person in the crystal (overlapping aoe and all)

Nine times out of ten, nothing really happens to the person in the crystal.

Alpha is essentially one giant bluff. Except for when he uses earth spikes on path 3, for that to properly understand, players should expect a learning curve. But on all other paths, you are hardly required to move at all, you just panic because you misinterpret the circles.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

Alpha is a pain but the biggest problem is getting pug groups that don’t know what they’re doing, refuse to listen, and have to be carried though the fight. I hate taking rangers into that dungeon because they never, ever stack on him even after being told to do so.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Fury.6281

Fury.6281

Heres a video on how to dodge all of his attacks that Weth made. Might help a bit, but as you said dodging can add a lot of time, but perhaps if you know how to dodge at the correct times, as a team, it will be made a lot easier. For example, warriors can use whirlwind as a dodge, allowing damage dealt and no damage taken. Things like that will surely speed up the run and create timed loss due to death.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

All the group needs to do is to spread out, so his circles do not overlap.

You have to learn the thing with either the inner or the outer circle being a safe spot and how to see which one is which.

Each player should have one defense skill to survive being in the crystal.

No player should approach the person in the crystal (overlapping aoe and all)

Nine times out of ten, nothing really happens to the person in the crystal.

Alpha is essentially one giant bluff. Except for when he uses earth spikes on path 3, for that to properly understand, players should expect a learning curve. But on all other paths, you are hardly required to move at all, you just panic because you misinterpret the circles.

I highly disagree with this method. Whenever I run paths 2 and 3 with a semi organized team, the priority is to free the person in the crystal. GS warriors are great for this because Alpha usually walks towards the person in the crystal, and the GS swings can break both the crystal and alpha’s kneecaps.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter too much if the AoE circles overlap; it is still easily dodged out of if you are unsure whether to stay still or move.

I do agree that each person should use a skill that lets them survive longer in the crystal though. If this cannot be done and the person downs, it is up to that person to target the nearest tendril and have the team focus fire it down to rally.

(edited by Derk.3189)

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Kethraveris.6053

Kethraveris.6053

My biggest issue w/ alpha is that there’s so many of em.. like the dev’s ran outa time making the dungeon so just cut/paste the same (with slight differences) 9 times in the same dungeon… Lame

and dodging the circles is more about timing… see circle, wait about 1 sec, then dodge and when the effect goes off you evade… pretty neat actually once you get the hang of it. Pick up endurance regen food if you want it to be even easier.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

You need to trait up for faster endurance regen which is how it should be, different skill sets and arrangements for different encounters. Sometimes your personal favourite build just won’t cut it.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

If only every class had access to vigor besides from using the sigils on weapons to get some endurance back on weapon swaps and food. I dont mind having a set of weapons for this fight or even making food just him and lupi but its really annoying.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Different classes have different defensive abilities. Having all on one package would be just god tier.

Subject Alpha in CoE

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If only every class had access to vigor besides from using the sigils on weapons to get some endurance back on weapon swaps and food. I dont mind having a set of weapons for this fight or even making food just him and lupi but its really annoying.

You don’t need vigour. I originally ran it with warhorn and signet of agility but I soon figured out it was overkill. He doesn’t attack fast enough to warrant it, the naked endurance gain is more than enough to dodge everything he can use, unless there’s some minor trait I didn’t check that gives faster endurance regen.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer