[Suggestion] #1 thing we CAN use for LFG

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

A dungeon path completion list. I don’t no about anyone else, but I find myself constantly righting down which path of what dungeon I have completed during the daily period. I constantly second guess my “fudge…. was this today’s path or yesterdays path(s) that I had finished” statement. It would be something, true that would take some coding, effort, and time to put in effect in the game. However if we can keep track of what it is we have done/completed over what we have yet done through the daily it would make completing the same path twice by choice, or simple accident from overlooking what it is you already finished, rather than Fuuuuuuuuuudge…. I already did this kitten path today… and hate the fact that you just killed 10-20 mins on something you are barely getting rewarded for.

Lets make this a thing, or maybe im in the wrong for asking it. Don’t be shy, feel free to throw in your own opinions, as im not here to judge them, but simply overlook what everyone else thinks about something I believe to make not a small impact in the pugging community, but in the overall dungeon community.

Lastly I want to add, would this be something you want to see take effect for world bosses as well?

Tl;dr Dungeon path/World boss completion daily list.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Does anyone has that red post saved about a year ago where they talked that it was “definitely something on the table”?

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Does anyone has that red post saved about a year ago where they talked that it was “definitely something on the table”?

Isn’t that statement their way of saying “it’s never going to happen”?

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Yawn. Yes, this is a good idea and I agree with you, but it has been posted here so many times it’s getting annoying to see.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yawn. Yes, this is a good idea and I agree with you, but it has been posted here so many times it’s getting annoying to see.

True, but not annoying because of the people hoping for it to happen, but annoying because of the lack of response to it. We really need to simply accept that Anet’s desire for dungeons to be part of the game is non-existent. It’s sad because they are such quality work. I’ve played many different MMO’s and I think dungeons have been done pretty well, a few minor tweaks and they could be truly fantastic. GW2 was made with a exemplary combat style and the pinacle of that is seen in dungeons/fractals where they remove the element of zerging. However, that doesn’t seem popular to the masses of people who simply want rewards with little effort, so ANet has abandoned it.

I truly feel that is a mistake on their part, the difference between a great game and a good game is that a great game continually has something that requires people to master the mechanics of the game. It doesn’t and imo shouldn’t be the main part of the game but it needs to exist for a game to hit that level of greatness. GW2 has the tools to do that but it’s falling short in their lack of attention towards that element. I have no doubt that the developers realize this but it’s simply an issue of the administration not seeing the value in it and rather looking only at what is the most popular elements and putting on blinders to what makes games what they are. If they could only step back and see the big picture of what makes gaming what it is they’d realize that challenge is something that needs to be present. Again, it’s not the driving force in games but it’s an element that needs to be there, it’s the thing that keeps people devoted to a game.

I really hope they eventually realize this, but I doubt it will happen looking at the current state of the game. I look at some of the games I left in the past and they floundered losing sight of this situation and lost a lot of players, and only when they reinstated this type of design did they gain some players back and continue on being successful. I’d still recommend the game to friends but with the addendum that they should not spend anything other than the initial purchase and accept that it’s lifespan is about 6 months of gameplay. After that they’ll hit the point where they’ve run out of content that makes them want to improve at the game and it’ll be nothing more than a tool to throw away their time, nothing more than a farmville or other such trivial wastes of time.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

I don’t see why is it so hard to make an ingame tracking list as the game is already tracking the daily dungeon rewards per path anyway.
I guess it is the same reason why so many dungeon glitches still exist, rock bottom priority.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

gw2 dungeons and priority in the same sentence? have not heard that in a while

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

How would that take any coding effort? They are already storing that information, all they had to do would be making it visible.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Pretty sure two devs said in an interview: “GW2 dungeons are not a prority and they take too much work” :P

kfc.8170

Well im at least glad I wasn’t the only one wanting this in the game so bad

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

Cant tell you how awesome this would be, finished CoE P2 recently and forgot I did it just after the daily the other day, if it wasn’t for the charged lodestone I would have been a little bit more upset. +1 this idea hands down!

(edited by Aeon.4127)

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

Cant tell you how awesome this would be, finished CoE P2 recently and forgot I did it just after the daily the other day, if it wasn’t for the charged lodestone I would have been a little bit more upset. +1 this idea hands down!

This, this is exactly why it would be a nice idea to have atleast a type of checklist of certain dungeons that have been completed in the day. How anet would implement such a thing though is the tricky part… would you just I don’t know find this under daily/monthly achievements tabs? Maybe, a daily dungeon tab that refreshes upon daily?

Don’t know if you use Teamspeak OP, but you may be able to find an overwolf overlay that checklists the dungeons you completed (if not someone should do this), that would certainly help solve these problems but they should be implemented in the game for sure.

Posted by: Strength.6851

Strength.6851

Personally I like this idea a sort of achievements page for daily completion of dungeons/ world bosses. I’m no coding prodigy, but i think they can copy paste their daily system for that checklist and separate it between world bosses and dungeons. Heck they have specific world bosses as a daily now.

I would love to see this in daylight of even discussed between the devs.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Pretty sure two devs said in an interview: “GW2 dungeons are not a prority and they take too much work” :P

Evidently, I mean look at how many mobs are copy pastes with a reskin (cough cough troll in hotw).

The Sickest Guild NA

kfc.8170

Hopefully this is not the case, I cant say the majority of the pve community revolves around dungeons. However its the best way to meet new friends, or gives people who play with friends/family/etc an activity they can all enjoy. Lets be heard! Post your thoughts on this topic