(Suggestion)Auto Partying for Low lv Dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lurinthia.8734

Lurinthia.8734

Hello sorry if this is in the wrong spot or a double post but I couldn’t find a similar post

Is is possible to create an auto party system for lower level dungeons like what they have in Tera?
A quick explanation of the Tera’s auto matching system is that if you are within a certain level range you can hit a button that will automatically party you with other players in the same level range for a dungeon that is also within that level range so you can push the button and do what ever you want till your party is full at which point you can head over to the dungeon.

Basically for GW2 if you are between lv 35-44 and you push the button, it will try and party you with 4 other players that are in that level range to do Ascalon Catacombs who have also pushed the button and if you are between lv kitten into a party for Caudecus’s Manor and so on till Arah. Or which ever level groups you think will be best since I imagine you will like to include story mode.

I think an auto party system would be great for player retention since it is hard to find a dungeon group in the current LFG system that doesn’t require Lv 80 and EXP which new players who just reach 35 wont have, and dungeons are a pretty big part of PVE and leveling in general, at least from my experience. And not being able to do a dungeon that was designed for my level is kind of a buzz kill. There are a few nice posters out there that post any lv any class but those aren’t as common.

Also one of my favorite parts of leveling in GW2 was fumbling threw a new dungeon and learning its mechanics and figuring out how to beat it with the classes in the party, before all of this stacking in corners and zerker only nonsense became the standard. And I want new players to experience the same amount of pain and suffering i went threw as well as the satisfaction of finishing something they have never did before without it being spoiled by the “normal” way to run a dungeon. Tho I do remember a lot of rage quitters I still remember it being rather satisfying when we finally finished. And that’s a story when you can tell people the first time I ran that we had 2 guys quit and wiped 3 times at Kohler and I was running around trying to dodge like a headless chicken not my first time there my party stacked in a corner and we killed Kohler in 5 sec.

I know there is a chunk of you who will believe this is unnecessary and that the current lfg is sufficient and there is nothing stopping people from posting for lv 35-44 only in a lfg post but I still think its should be easier for them to get into a dungeon group than it is now because lets be honest the dungeon was made for them not a lv 80 at least I think it was.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading

P.S. GW2 is better than Tera but that doesn’t mean you cant steal a good idea from them :P

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I dont think thats a good idea. With the latest changes to the leveling system lower lvl players are so weak that i honestly dont believe that a group of 5 underleveled newbies can get past spider queen. The problem is not the difficult, but is because people just rage quit on the first wipe instead of trying to learn the mechanics.

You said you miss the pain pugs used to have before the stacking/skipping/zerking became usual tactics, i honestly dont miss that because that just made dungeon runs more frustrating, where most of the pug groups didnt get past the spider queen boss.

For new players to get into dungeons i think they should at least be lvl 80 and in full rares and do a bit of research about the dungeon like i did when i started running then, that avoid a lot of frustration for everyone.

And if you want to run dungeons just to help leveling your alts just run with your main character and swap at the end, pug groups should not be forced to carry you just because you want to rush to lvl 80.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Tl;DR: The majority of people prefer getting things done quick and efficient, forcing people in random team groupfinders won’t make the problem better, it will make it worse, explanation below.

First of all I haven’t played Tera, but it sounds like your generic groupfinder; you enter a queue (with a certain role in some games) end up with 3-7 other people, do the dungeon, if I’m completely misunderstanding, my apologies and stop reading.

The current groupfinder usually shows a majority of people asking for people who stack, even if non-zerkers are welcome. If you play zerker, you know many non-zerkers still try to get into zerker groups. You know what this means; the majority prefer getting things done quickly and efficiently.

So you introduce your random groupfinder, there will still be a majority of people who will want to stack or follow some kind of tactic to make encounters easier. On top of that you’ll have some people that don’t mind either way (new players for example) and adjust to whatever works best (stacking most likely) and the players who don’t want to stack will stay the minority and will be forced to adjust on their group if they have any sense of democracy.

Before you know it, everyone who completely loathes stacking will stop entering the groupfinder and those who prefer not to, but rather do the dungeon nonetheless will stop trying suggesting other ways and just go to the stacking corner without saying a word.

If you don’t want to stack, make your own post and show some patience. It’s in most people’s nature to want to get things done quickly, even if they do enjoy what they’re doing. But you will find people joining you, new players and level 80s alike and you’ll have a blast. Whenever I’m leveling with a friend (or help them leveling since I’m getting too many duplicate professions for no reason) I make a groupfinder post along the lines: “Warning: new players, anyone welcome” and I add things such as ‘no stacking’ if desired by my friend(s.) It’s not instant like my “Lvl 80, zerker only, class X and Y only” posts, but it does get filled, eventually.

You’d be surprised with the people you meet. I’ve met a lovely fellow who invited us to his TS and started chatting with me and my friends, turned out he was a zerker even though they preferred to play without as stated in our groupfinder, so he and I decided to just take some pieces of armor off to slow down the run for them. (I’m sure if this was after the first feature pack we’d respec aswell.) Met loads of lovely new people who were incredibly happy with all new information my experience provided and loved a little link towards dungeon mentors. Met veteran zerkers who just enjoyed the change of pace and discovered new things aswell, also shocked by the challange it can present.