Suggestion: Changeable +Stat Agony Infusions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

In July 2016, Anet revamped fractal agony infusions when they added INFUZ-5959, with that the old recipes for crafting stat agony infusions through the mystic forge have been deleted and a new uniform way of acquiring them was put to place through the addition of the new fractal vendor.

Any + 7 stat agony infusion whether its power/precision/condition damage/toughness/vitality/healing it all costs the same
[(3)+7 Agony Infusion + (10) Integrated Fractal Matrix]

and this work the same way with the +9’s and the rest.

Its been a year since this change was made, and yet there have been no signs of change to improve the fractal vendor. In the past I acquired a couple of +7 stat infusions, and due the change in meta builds~from balance patches, old builds get replaced which does keep the game healthy but the gold you spent on the stat infusions never go back.

You can’t sell the agony stat infusions in the trading post, and you can’t replace them either, so basically they just rot in your bank, useless, or you can plain out delete them.
Support does not help here either unless the item was acquired within 2 months of the support ticket or so(this rule is so triggering), its not like your getting rich from doing this or breaking the market balance, all your doing is making a worthless item that you used your own gold to acquire through the normal gaming process and make them useful again. Its account bound for g**’s sake.
[(3)+7 Agony Infusion + (10) Integrated Fractal Matrix] for the +7 stat agony infusions, or adding a new tab with INFUZ-5959 that allows the player to trade there +stat agony infusions to other stats that they prefer. This would lessen support tickets regarding a mistake of clicking the wrong stat infusion for newly acquired infusions and finally address the problem i have which i am sure i am not the only player having issues with.

TLDR allow us to change fractal stat infusions through the vendor or get our mats back.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

+1 to this. MAKE AGONY INFUSIONS GREAT AGAIN!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

+6 me and my chars aprove of this.

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

i’m quite surprised this is still not a thing

i get ghostly infusions not changeable since it can drop from a raid boss (gors) or bought through magnetite shards, and you can also sell it in the trading post, but fractal stat infusions are account bound WTF.

(edited by Granada Garuda.8391)

J envy.5270

i’m quite surprised this is still not a thing

i get ghostly infusions not changeable since it can drop from a raid boss (gors) or bought through magnetite shards, and you can also sell it in the trading post, but fractal stat infusions are account bound WTF.

I doubt this has never been brought up to the QOL team before, what’s really surprising is that there has been no word from the devs about this topic at all.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

This is on the short list of QoL that I would like to add. I’ll have to find some time to do this change. It’s not terribly difficult, it just involves a lot of recipes and testing.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

While we’re at it, can we exchange 5 stats/9 agony resistance infusions for different stats?

The same with the wvw infusions, I have a bunch of toughness wvw infusions from when you could only put defensive/offensive infusions in certain pieces of gear that I’d like to exchange.

J envy.5270

This is on the short list of QoL that I would like to add. I’ll have to find some time to do this change. It’s not terribly difficult, it just involves a lot of recipes and testing.

Oh thank you, i did not think this would ever happen since ive been waiting for a year but i am glad that it has been added to future QoL changes. Can’t wait.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

J envy.5270

While we’re at it, can we exchange 5 stats/9 agony resistance infusions for different stats?

The same with the wvw infusions, I have a bunch of toughness wvw infusions from when you could only put defensive/offensive infusions in certain pieces of gear that I’d like to exchange.

The first thing you mentioned it is the change that ive been asking for, +7s is just an example it should work with the other + stats as well whether it be +5 or +12.

About the wvw infusions, i have that problem too and support will replace it if its within 2 months but not longer than that, also to add, wvw infusions are very cheap compared to stat agony infusions which is understandable if they dont add it on the list, but if they could make that change as well id be really happy because i have about a dozen of those wvw infusions on wrong stats.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Benjamin already answered that they think about doing it.

Those are way cheaper, and Anet already answered some time ago that they don’t plan anything for those.
(though if they changed their mind, it would be nice. I still have a number of devensive ones hidden somewhere)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

+9 to this, they’re generally pretty expensive so being able to stat swap them would go a long way to keeping them useful as well as letting people change as the meta and your roles change.

Posted by: Skyavell.9573

Skyavell.9573

It would have been insane if this change happened on the patch 2 days ago, but still happy this problem is finally getting adressed.

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

exactly this, esp with the new expansion coming that will prob shake the meta. I dn’t want to see my condi infusions (was very expensive and time consuming to get for me) go to waste.

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

I’ve got about a hundred things on my todo list, but I am going to try to find time for this don’t worry.