[Suggestion] Condition and Boon Duration

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Make them work like Ferocity. At least for Boon Duration it’s a major balance issue.

I don’t think I need to say much more on this, it’s self explanatory. But, now that we have Expertise and Concentration all the percentage buff traits, skills, items and food need to go and be replaced by them.

We hasn’t this happened yet?

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Make them work like Ferocity.

So you can then go for more than 100%. Makes sense. Crit Chance isn’t something where you can go over 100% ( or you have to implement Critical Crits ) but Duration is something that can go over 100% since its a Duration and not a Chance.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Just that going for >100% doesn’t sound very probable. What was the conversion on gear? 15 points of concentration is 1% duration? Then those 1500 stat points would be a fair trade-off.

I think maddoctor aims at something else. Take leadership runes, for example: They provide 30% boon duration in a stat budget that should be roughly 225 in other stats. 225 concentration give just 15% boon duration, meaning that the runes are 100% over their real budget. Converting every bonus to concentration would fix all those budget problems and, in addition, probably help towards a solution of the boon meta problem.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

One issue is that some traits are actually condition or weapon specific so one can not change stats as a whole in that case.
Other than that it’s true that it would be much simpler to normalize giver’s attribute, doubloons, food etc but would be a strong nerf to condi builds, which are naturally already, lower because reaching the cap would not be possible without reducing condition damage.
For boon duration the same nerf would be expected, maybe not so bad for itemization fo character but then they should find a way to work towards the cap without adding toughness…..

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

One issue is that some traits are actually condition or weapon specific so one can not change stats as a whole in that case.
Other than that it’s true that it would be much simpler to normalize giver’s attribute, doubloons, food etc but would be a strong nerf to condi builds, which are naturally already, lower because reaching the cap would not be possible without reducing condition damage.
For boon duration the same nerf would be expected, maybe not so bad for itemization fo character but then they should find a way to work towards the cap without adding toughness…..

things that change durations on a specific weapon, afaik change the base durations, and so are not included in the current 100% cap.

see:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lingering_Curse

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

things that change durations on a specific weapon, afaik change the base durations, and so are not included in the current 100% cap.

see:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lingering_Curse

You are right, I know. I should not written weapon, I meant condi specific like

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Serrated_Steel

my apologies for the mistake.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I think maddoctor aims at something else. Take leadership runes, for example: They provide 30% boon duration in a stat budget that should be roughly 225 in other stats. 225 concentration give just 15% boon duration, meaning that the runes are 100% over their real budget. Converting every bonus to concentration would fix all those budget problems and, in addition, probably help towards a solution of the boon meta problem.

Exactly, that’s what I meant. Some items/traits give way too much compared to other similar items. Others give less than expected, for example Banner of Tactics gives +10% boon duration, although all banners give +170 on their stats and 170=11% boon duration. I know it’s only 1% difference but a +2% here, a -15% there might lead to different end results.

Also despite the nerfs to Facet of Nature and Signet of Inspiration, armor with Concentration is still not a very powerful option which probably means that other ways of giving boon duration are overpowered, or concentration itself is under-tuned (1% every 15 stats is too little).

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I still think that things like Doubloons, Giver’s stats, and food items should be changed to give Concentration and Expertise as appropriate instead of their flat percentages. Even if this is a huge nerf to certain builds, those nerfs should be compensated by buffing traits, skills, or things like that. There are so many completely unused traits and wasted slots for nearly every class that could see buffs that both bring them to light and bridge the gap in durations.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!