Suggestion: Dungeons changes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

My suggestion is to make dungeons primarily a leveling tool.

How to do it:

• Nerf all damage and hp from mobs and bosses by 50% . Balance it around the low level player that is undergeared.
  • Dungeon Finders. Use the PvP queueing technology to make a dungeon finder. By using the dungeon finder, you automatically teleport to the dungeon itself. Also, because there is dungeon finders, Dungeons no longer needs a LFG tool.
  • Explorable dungeons starts from level 15 and ends at level 70. Yes, Arah explorable will be open to the players at level 70. Fractals will be the end game level 80 content.
  • No longer requires players to finish story mode to open up dungeons.
  • All story mode dungeons will be soloable however, the level requirement is not changed(Example, Arah storymode still requires level 80 or AC requires level 30). Also, Arah Storymode requires all storymode dungeons to be completed. Story mode dungeons doesn’t use the LFG tool, so players have to actually run over there to get inside the dungeon.
  • Low level players will be able to buy the dungeon weapon/armor gear at low level. Meaning, I can buy the level 15 version of Royal Ascalonian weapons. The option to buy level 80 Royal Ascalonian weapons is still there.

By making it a leveling tool, ANet can then safely ignore dungeons until the end of time so that Fractals can be the endgame 5-man instanced content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

By making it a leveling tool, ANet can then safely ignore dungeons until the end of time so that Fractals can be the endgame 5-man instanced content.

The last couple years has shown quite clearly that they don’t need to make any changes to ignore dungeons.

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

We dont need to make stuff easier. Rather the other way around. Reducing the hp by 50% would make all the encounters completly obsolete to anyone on lvl 80 thus reducing the accessability of dungeons and further more incentivice people from running them.

Optimise [OP]

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

We just need new dungeons at this point (not fractals)

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Arah storymode doesn’t exist. It is now a part of personal story (and as such is tuned so that even the most casual players can comfortably solo it).

If by “PvP queueing technology” you mean something that will pair me up with people of similar skill level and experience, I’m 100% up for it. Yeah, I know, it’s a silly dream, but I would love it anyway.

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

something that will pair me up with people of similar skill level and experience,

I guess you didnt played pvp recently

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

About the Dungeon stories, they should be account bound. I hate having it done on one character and then not on another. Apart from 99% of all people I play more than 1 character and it sucks not being able to open an explorable path. The stories aren’t exactly rewarding of fun either.

Arah for level 70? kind of stupid considering the map is level 80.

What should be changed are the dungeon rewards. At the moment cutting down a tree earns you more than 1-2 (mini)bosses. Dungeons are not run at all not because they are difficult, but because the time VS reward is garbage. A single ML takes as much time as 2 or even 3 dungeon paths, yet awards much more. Just running around and farming in the HoT maps earns you more as well.

How about reducing the token costs from all gear, or increase the tokens you get from dungeons even more. I know Anet changed the rewards but they are still terrible and barely anybody except new players run dungeons.

Hell, maybe even allow us to buy other stuff with tokens, like transmutation charges or something. Put obby shards, ecto’s and different tier crafting bags in the dungeon shops. Give guarenteed rares in every chest. so many ways to make dungeons worth the time.

I find dungeons much more fun than zerging multiple event chains or ML, but stuff I want isn’t gonna pay for itself. If dungeons were an aditional way to get money or crafting mats, much more people would run them. They don’t have to earn as much as ML does, but at least make dungeons worth running.

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

I find dungeons much more fun than zerging multiple event chains or ML, but stuff I want isn’t gonna pay for itself. If dungeons were an aditional way to get money or crafting mats, much more people would run them. They don’t have to earn as much as ML does, but at least make dungeons worth running.

Dungeons are worth running. atleast CoF, CoE, Hotw and Arah.

With the absurd amount of powercreep introduced in Heart of Thornes the time of running the dungeons are greatly reduced, for pug-groups anyway. Meaning that the only this you actually have to wait for atm are timegates, ie AC p2 p3 Arah p4.
Converting the tokens into rare gear at the higher level fractals (the ones listed above) gives you a garanteed 6 rares from 3 path. Which then again can be completed in about 20-ish minutes with a somewhat decent group.

This gives 18 rares per hour disregarding the actual drops inside the dungeon. I do realise that this method is not as repeatable as Multiloot Tarir is and its way harder to get into. But if you do in fact enjoy dungeons, they’re not as badly rewarded as you may think.

Optimise [OP]

Posted by: Barath.4305

Barath.4305

dungeons are still fun to speedrun.
please dont change them

Oh My Gosh Virtual Squirrels [Vs]

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Dungeons aren’t going to be changed because there are no devs at Anet any longer that are familiar with the implementation if I’m right. The bugfixing and putting work into changes would be a too big effort to be worth.
They were abandoned a long time ago and the current status is fine, imho.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

runeblade.7514

About the Dungeon stories, they should be account bound. I hate having it done on one character and then not on another. Apart from 99% of all people I play more than 1 character and it sucks not being able to open an explorable path. The stories aren’t exactly rewarding of fun either.

I would rather remove the story mode requirement entirely by making a dungeon finder.

Arah for level 70? kind of stupid considering the map is level 80.

It wouldn’t matter with dungeon finders and auto teleport to dungeon.

What should be changed are the dungeon rewards. At the moment cutting down a tree earns you more than 1-2 (mini)bosses. Dungeons are not run at all not because they are difficult, but because the time VS reward is garbage. A single ML takes as much time as 2 or even 3 dungeon paths, yet awards much more. Just running around and farming in the HoT maps earns you more as well.

How about reducing the token costs from all gear, or increase the tokens you get from dungeons even more. I know Anet changed the rewards but they are still terrible and barely anybody except new players run dungeons.

Hell, maybe even allow us to buy other stuff with tokens, like transmutation charges or something. Put obby shards, ecto’s and different tier crafting bags in the dungeon shops. Give guarenteed rares in every chest. so many ways to make dungeons worth the time.

I would agree if the devs agree that dungeons should be part of the endgame. But I feel they are better off as the leveling experience.

runeblade.7514

The last couple years has shown quite clearly that they don’t need to make any changes to ignore dungeons.

The difference between my suggestion and now is that dungeons become the leveling experience instead of wasted work.

runeblade.7514

dungeons are still fun to speedrun.
please dont change them

Which is better?

Benefit the very very small minority of speedrunners of wasted content vs. Benefit a majority of New players to make the leveling experience better?

Posted by: Barath.4305

Barath.4305

runeblade.7514

Which is better?

Benefit the very very small minority of speedrunners of wasted content vs. Benefit a majority of New players to make the leveling experience better?

the majority of new players got 95% of the content (open world, wvw, pvp and all the other stuff) to experience the game in a easy and friendly environment.

to benefit the – insert however small or big amount – of speedrunners and players that like dungeons and already played all the “one-time-play-to-learn-the-game-easy-content” is from my point of view waaaaaaaaaaaay better same counts for raids.

raids, dungeons and fractals are imo the only “endgamecontent” parts of the game, where you get when you learned how to play (more or less, huehuehue)

why would you make even more parts part of the “learn-how-to-play” part?

every game needs its endgame content, and if you like it or not, dungeons are endgamecontent (any experienced player will say now “pff, waay to easy” but as i said, speedrunning them is still fun)

thats why they created raids, to give players that learned how to play a place to be.

after the spec update etc. dungeons just became pretty easy, while raids got implemented, which makes dungeon still a good stepping stone towards them.

fractals are supposed to be the next stepping stones which is somewhere between raids and dungeons, and they are trying to make t4 fractals a bit harder, so the gap between fractals and raids is not that big (atleast thats what you can read on latest development quotes)

Oh My Gosh Virtual Squirrels [Vs]

(edited by Barath.4305)

runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Which is better?

the majority of new players got 95% of the content (open world, wvw, pvp and all the other stuff) to experience the game in a easy and friendly environment.

to benefit the – insert however small or big amount – of speedrunners and players that like dungeons and already played all the “one-time-play-to-learn-the-game-easy-content” is from my point of view waaaaaaaaaaaay better same counts for raids.

raids, dungeons and fractals are imo the only “endgamecontent” parts of the game, where you get when you learned how to play (more or less, huehuehue)

why would you make even more parts part of the “learn-how-to-play” part?

every game needs its endgame content, and if you like it or not, dungeons are endgamecontent (any experienced player will say now “pff, waay to easy” but as i said, speedrunning them is still fun)

thats why they created raids, to give players that learned how to play a place to be.

after the spec update etc. dungeons just became pretty easy, while raids got implemented, which makes dungeon still a good stepping stone towards them.

fractals are supposed to be the next stepping stones which is somewhere between raids and dungeons, and they are trying to make t4 fractals a bit harder, so the gap between fractals and raids is not that big (atleast thats what you can read on latest development quotes)

I am still not seeing your point. No one runs dungeons. It is no longer endgame material.

If you want to speedrun, go speedrun raids and Fractals. You don’t need to keep dungeon down.