[Suggestion] Give Spirit Shards for Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So with level-ups no longer giving Skill Points/Spirit Shards, dungeons kind of got the short end of the stick. They no longer give around a skill point per run.

This used to be a really nice feature but it’s kind of been removed. Giving 1 shard per run would be really nice. I understand there’s a need to remove Skill Point bloat, but really it isn’t going to add as much as say, silverwaste chest farms do.

noice

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Dungeons were, and are, going to be one of the better sources of Empyreal fragments. They didnt really need to give anything else.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Dungeons are already uber profitable when you don’t consider the EXP/SS(aka SP).

Do they really need SS/SP to give players more of a reason to do dungeons?

No? Then it’s fine they don’t reward SS.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

No, the whole SS system isn’t fine. On the one hand anet tries to get us into lower level areas again, on the other hand SS in PvE are only obtainable by killing mobs in lvl 80 areas (exception are mobs that formerly gave out scrolls of knowledge).
So yeah, I’m all for level 80s getting as many spirit shards as possible. There’s no reason they shouldn’t.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Dungeons were, and are, going to be one of the better sources of Empyreal fragments. They didnt really need to give anything else.

then reduce the amount of empyreal fragments you get from them by 90%
still have enough fragments then….

the fragments are nothing special… just as any ascended material
it counts as 0 reward for most people because they have to delete it anyway…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

then reduce the amount of empyreal fragments you get from them by 90%
still have enough fragments then….

the fragments are nothing special… just as any ascended material
it counts as 0 reward for most people because they have to delete it anyway…

Except, unlike you I’m assuming, I can actually turn empy frags into useful junk with the Star. Just like I can blood dust and Mawdrey. Still tossing out dragonite because I havent gotten Princess yet.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Except, unlike you I’m assuming, I can actually turn empy frags into useful junk with the Star. Just like I can blood dust and Mawdrey. Still tossing out dragonite because I havent gotten Princess yet.

Play some wvw not only will you have more than enough fragments then but also use for SS.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

So with level-ups no longer giving Skill Points/Spirit Shards, dungeons kind of got the short end of the stick. They no longer give around a skill point per run.

This used to be a really nice feature but it’s kind of been removed. Giving 1 shard per run would be really nice. I understand there’s a need to remove Skill Point bloat, but really it isn’t going to add as much as say, silverwaste chest farms do.

I have over 400 shards, if anet does what you suggest I will never run out of spirit shards. So basically anet ignores dungeon runners and wont do that. However if by random chance a dev looks at this I hope it gets implemented cuz making content more rewarding is always nice

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I’m out of Shards and still need approximately another 8,000 plus 200 per new legendary that comes out. I would like to get spirit shards again from leveling at least until the new mastery system comes out.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Curious, why the big need for shards?

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

@jerus Because money is nice.

And to op I fully support this idea I have watched my stash slowly dwindle, but that kitten they hired that determines what is and isn’t a pve reward probably didn’t like how much money you could make with skill points.

Jerus.4350

And to op I fully support this idea I have watched my stash slowly dwindle, but that kitten they hired that determines what is and isn’t a pve reward probably didn’t like how much money you could make with skill points.

Ohh I get that, I was just wondering what his need for 8k of them was?

Enko.6123

Ohh I get that, I was just wondering what his need for 8k of them was?

21 more sets of ascended armor and the rest of the ascended weapons for all my characters.

The skins from Mystic Forge recipes that require an Eldritch Scroll. Need those skins to fill up my wardrobe completion.

I don’t convert skill points to gold since I actually need them for stuff.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Spirit shards are needed for crafting ascended, legendaries and unique skins. With them no longer being rewarded through levels or dungeons our supply is going to eventually dry up to make them quite a rare commodity.

I have 250 at the moment. But im considering using them to make some gold. But then i worry about how im going to get the shards i need after HoT comes out. Even if i keep them im most likely not going to have enough for new HoT skins and legendaries.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Well other than the obvious “first world problems” that this entire thread is, getting a ton of shards is still possible, just that dungeons got removed from the list of “repetitive activities that award skill pts” now – SW, champ farm or PvP tracks are still good enough. Not a big deal anyways, those that want them will still grind them one way or another.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well other than the obvious “first world problems” that this entire thread is, getting a ton of shards is still possible, just that dungeons got removed from the list of “repetitive activities that award skill pts” now – SW, champ farm or PvP tracks are still good enough. Not a big deal anyways, those that want them will still grind them one way or another.

But why remove them? It’s kind of a base ingredient in this game, required in many places. It doesn’t hurt if we get a shard/run in dungeons (even if it’s daily per path), instead of making people run EVEN LESS dungeons, because there aren’t many incentives to run them anyway.
Or that’s anets plan, slowly take away every incentive to run dungeons to then remove them completely. /tinfoilhat (I’m not serious with that, obviously.)

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I obviously don’t know what Anet’s motivation is, but I also don’t consider it really a big deal. That’s all. Your opinion is yours to keep and I don’t plan to change it, but skill points were kind of the last thing on the list of why I or most people I played with would go into a dungeon.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

spoj.9672

Personally i think spirit shards should be available in all parts of the game. Just like they were when they were skill points. Unfortunately they basically got removed from one part of the game. Id consider it more of an oversight more than anything.

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

It is a big problem for me having only 150 on hand…. I have a lot of ascended stuff left to make and each ascended piece requires 20… I plan on making some more legendaries which require ~400 to make (200 for the bloodstone shard and some for each attempt at the 77 clovers… which I have very bad luck with).

I opened 40 champ bags I got from EotM and got 1 single shard. I don’t know what the drop rate is supposed to be but it seems to be very diminished from what it used to be getting Scrolls of Knowledge.

Jerus.4350

What are their chances out of a champ bag?

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Maybe 10 or 15 out of a stack of champ chests. I never have problems with skill points though. Got about 2k in my main account. They drop quite freely from PvP reward chests. A friend of mine even has about … 15k.

spoj.9672

Yeah most of those are from before the patch though. And you havent used them. x)

IrisTheCasual.3742

Daily + daily PvP may help sustain my supply a bit :>

Jerus.4350

Yeah I got 2k and change from the patch, used some already to swap some ascended stats, and a few more swaps on the docket.

Seems odd though, again they’re hindering those who do the only content that needs ascended (fractals) from getting it without forcing them to go other places

Enko.6123

Yeah I got 2k and change from the patch, used some already to swap some ascended stats, and a few more swaps on the docket.

Seems odd though, again they’re hindering those who do the only content that needs ascended (fractals) from getting it without forcing them to go other places

Fractals is actually the only place to get them that’s guaranteed now since you can still exchange fractal relics for spirit shards.

Jerus.4350

Fractals is actually the only place to get them that’s guaranteed now since you can still exchange fractal relics for spirit shards.

0.o didn’t see that on the wiki, NICE, great to know. Honestly I don’t even really do dungeons anymore just fractals and screwing around.

Enko.6123

0.o didn’t see that on the wiki, NICE, great to know. Honestly I don’t even really do dungeons anymore just fractals and screwing around.

You get roughly enough relics per run to get 3 spirit shards per run so roughly 3 spirit shards every 20-25 minutes plus the random drops you get from the boxes.

Compare this to my previous source of killing stuff while mapping of 10-15 skill points per map or the previous rate of getting 70% of one every dungeon completion.

Besides Fractals, the only place to get them at a decent rate is chest farming or Vinewrath farming in Silverwaste.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

One shard per run is a noticeable amount higher than it was a month ago. Each dungeon gave 75% of a shard before the traits overhaul. Now they give 0%, and your asking for 100%. I think they should implement something like every time you repeat the dungeon hobby explorer achievement you get either 3 or 4 shards. Which would put it back near the original 75% of a shard.

This isn’t make or break for me in terms of doing dungeons. But considering how dungeons are literally abandoned software at this point, I’ve gotta wonder if anyone even realized that they were nerfing dungeon rewards a bit.

Enko.6123

One shard per run is a noticeable amount higher than it was a month ago. Each dungeon gave 75% of a shard before the traits overhaul. Now they give 0%, and your asking for 100%. I think they should implement something like every time you repeat the dungeon hobby explorer achievement you get either 3 or 4 shards. Which would put it back near the original 75% of a shard.

This isn’t make or break for me in terms of doing dungeons. But considering how dungeons are literally abandoned software at this point, I’ve gotta wonder if anyone even realized that they were nerfing dungeon rewards a bit.

They should just add a spirit shard when you level up like skill points were previously. Once the new mastery system comes into play, then they can switch it over to that.

spoj.9672

But then the problem resurfaces once masteries come out. :P

I like the idea of adding them to hobby mastery. Or the daily dungeon chests. Or just increase the drop rate in boss chests.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Something else they could do. Since daily completionist now give 3 spirit shards, maybe this would be a good time to do some of the following:

-bring back daily dungeon runs, do it similar to pvp. Arah OR Ascalon. Coe OR Ta. etc. Give us some choice. Don’t restrict us to story modes either.

-get rid of daily fractal. get rid of daily 1-10, 11-20,21-30. Replace it with just daily fractal run. Which would be a set of 4 fractals, done at any difficulty scale. Similar to the current daily fractal it should have a tome of knowledge.

IrisTheCasual.3742

I like the idea of adding them to hobby mastery. Or the daily dungeon chests. Or just increase the drop rate in boss chests.

Giving an amount of shards every time we complete Hobby Dungeon Explorer is a good idea.

Enko.6123

Yes but in the meantime while they figure it out, bring back the old system. Gaining xp while mapping does nothing now which was a primary source of skill points.