[Suggestion] Gold fractal skins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Now that you removed the RNG part for the prestigious blue fractal weapons and made each of them worth 4 days of dailies, you only replaced it with an even worse RNG for the gold skins.
It seems like you have 2.5% chance each from the lvl 21-50 daily and from the 51-100 daily. Before we had a roughly 25% chance to get a blue skin if we did 20 30 40 50 daily. So the gold skins will take significantly (5 times) longer even with the 2 achievement chests and the gold relic mystic forge recipe.

So my suggestion would be that if you finished the blue fractal weapon collection and reached personal reward lvl 100, you can buy boxes with a random gold skin for 25 pristine relics and a skin of choice for 50 pristines.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Too easy to acomplish

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Malediktus.9250

Too easy to acomplish

Make a better suggestion then. The current fractal rewards are a joke with even more RNG than the previous system. Do you want to spend roughly 5 years (without skipping a day) on average on fractal dailies and likely still not have a complete set?
Its the same issue with tequatl weapon skins.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Is some RNG, but not that much, you can drop a random golden skin on the daily chests.

If you get a repeated skin, you can just salvage to get Golden Nuggets back and, or try to get a new random skin, or use the recipe for a specific golden skin

BTW i am currently with all FoTMs achievements, fotm level 100, and i have 881 pristines in the wallet, so with your ideia, i would be someone 1 month in the expansion with all golden skins.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

(edited by harold.3526)

Malediktus.9250

I did the math and the new system is worse than the old one even if you take the relics into account. Getting all blue weapons was significantly easier than getting all the golden ones now.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Skins were the reason for the 3 year grind and they made the poor choice to give them out practically for free.

New skins look terrible and demand is almost non-existent. They removed the best part of the skins—the particle effect—and just gave us recolored dusty versions of the old stuff on a worse RNG. It seems like the smallest amount of effort possible was put into the biggest FoTM grind incentive.

I’m sure gold skins took a ton of work in reality, but to the player, it just looks like they just dropped a bucket of gold paint on the old stuff in MS paint and clicked save.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I like this idea.

Since the golden skins look absolutely terrible, this way at least i could collect them all with a few clicks and feel rewarded.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Yes pls golden fractal skins are too ridiculously rare, having done all the fractal achievements I chose the golden staff skin and with the 4 golden relics I threw in the mf I got a frikin golden harpoon gun, seriously Anet if you’re going to ignore underwater combat why still with the underwater weapons? Doing master dailies Everyday and barely even a ring drops let alone the golden skins. So technically I’m screwed because the only think I can rely on now is the random golden weapon box which if rngesus hates me as much as I think he does, I’d probably get another underwater skin. That leaves me with a golden staff, 2 underwater skins and a tiny infinitesimal chance to get another golden skin.