Suggestion on difficultly of story mode

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: potasium.2946

potasium.2946

Hello, so why is the lvl 30 dungeon impossible to beat the only time i beat it was when i was in a party and there was lvl 80’s in the party. If the dungeon can only be beaten with high level players why is the dungeon listed as a lvl 30 dungeon?. Like as of now im not even going to play the dungeon untill im level 80 cause there is no point in playing them if u cant beat it. Its not enjoyable it sucks sorry but its true. Like really if a dungeon is listed as a level 30 then a party of lvl 30’s should be able to beat it, it should not be 99.9% chance of beating it, like i get it it should not be easy to complete , but the lvl 30 dungeon in my opinion is way to hard and i would advise players to be lvl 50 + to play a lvl 30 dungeon, cause if not your not going to enjoy it one bit. like here is an example me and a party just tried the dungeon and the players base levels were in between 34 and 47 and we were on the second last boss, and to get to that took us about 1 hour which is a big waste of time if when u get there u cant win. like i could of done pvp or wvw or just normal questing and probably level 2 times in that time. anyways back to what i was saying. we were on the second last boss and we tried 10 times before we gave up. no chance at all that we would complete it even if are level say we can. So basically what im trying to say is that make the dungeon less hardcore if u want a hardcore dungeon list it as hardcore mode not story mode. Idc if people disagree with me all i know is im not playing the dungeons again untill im lvl 80 or lvl 50 to do the lvl 30 dungeon haha sounds stupid, but not wasting my time again.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Sounds rough.

<old codger>In my day, people generally weren’t 80 yet when they did this dungeon! We used to run it as 30s and 40s. And the people that WERE level 80 were fresh from Straits of Devastation karma farming and probably wore lvl 50 greens and blues!
Plus, Vassar and Ralena were tougher than they are now.

Also, in my day, people appreciated paragraphs and used them. Harrumph!</old codger>

Seriously, though. It’s not impossible. It is very difficult because you’re still learning your class and you don’t have all the tools of a level 80, sure. I may recommend using youtube to watch how the fights are supposed to go.

Best of luck!
Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

AC story is really not that hard for level 30. Of course its your first dungeon, you are new to the game and to your profession so its gonna be really hard.

AC explorable on the other hand is really not meant for level 35, especially if you compare that to all other dungeon that are just ok for the level they ask. But anyway, its not a big deal at all. After the AC story and a couple of fail with AC explorable, me and my friend went directly to CM, TA and SE before getting back to AC explorable.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

potasium.2946

lol the lvl 30 dungeon actually im going to start calling the lvl 30 dungeon a lvl 80 dungeon cause that’s how hard it is, I don’t enjoy having to waste all my money to repair my gear cause im dieing all the time and don’t enjoy wasting all that time to get there to find out we aren’t going to beat it. Like lets be honest here the dungeon is to hard. like really the dungeon should be modified by the level the dungeon is listed for so the lvl 30 dungeon should be hard for a level 30 but also be able to beat it with a party of lvl 30’s, and even high level players have troubles beating the lvl 30 dungeon like really. Like they need to set the difficulty down so lvl 30 can beat the lvl 30 dungeon cause in my opinion its really not a lvl 30 dungeon.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

in my opinion its really not a lvl 30 dungeon.

Well there you have it. It just comes down to this. It’s your opinion that it’s too hard.

The reality is that there are groups of people sub lvl 80 that have completed this. Learn the tactics to the fight and you too can beat this.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

lol the lvl 30 dungeon actually im going to start calling the lvl 30 dungeon a lvl 80 dungeon cause that’s how hard it is, I don’t enjoy having to waste all my money to repair my gear cause im dieing all the time and don’t enjoy wasting all that time to get there to find out we aren’t going to beat it. Like lets be honest here the dungeon is to hard. like really the dungeon should be modified by the level the dungeon is listed for so the lvl 30 dungeon should be hard for a level 30 but also be able to beat it with a party of lvl 30’s, and even high level players have troubles beating the lvl 30 dungeon like really. Like they need to set the difficulty down so lvl 30 can beat the lvl 30 dungeon cause in my opinion its really not a lvl 30 dungeon.

so just because you’re bad at this game, you think this dungeon doesn’t qualify as a level 30 dungeon? Instead of crying about it, why not learn the encounters and your class, and improve your skill?

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Like, let’s be, like, honest. This is so, like, difficult, for my, like, lvl30 character, like, it’s just way too, like, hard. This should, like, totes be re-like-labeled. In fact, like, I think, like, I should get an instant 30, like, tokens, for just, like, killing one, like, monster.

On a serious note, all dungeons are difficult for some peeople until you learn them.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

potasium.2946

Lol to funny, Im just saying that they should put in an easier mode, so players like me can enjoy the dungeons and players like u can enjoy the high difficulty dungeon, cause really i have talked to many people that agree with me about this. and they think their should be an easier mode. and im not crying just frustrated that a lvl 30 dungeon is not as easy as other lvl 30 dungeons in other rpg games. Like at least in other rpg games when they list a lvl 30 dungeon a party of lvl 30’s can beat it and its still a challenge but at least its not to hard like guild wars dungeon. all im saying is guildwars dungeon are not balanced by the lvl they list the dungeon at.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

When you go in at 80 and still dont know how to play or choose gear and skills you will have your kitten handed to you again. Or be carried by your party.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

“Guys, content that’s been out for a year and a half is too difficult for me, and I don’t care if I’m the worst player ever, ANet needs to tailor the game to my needs!” is what I interpreted the whole thing as.

Please, take some time to evaluate your own skill, and work on getting better. We’ve all been there before, if this content is consistently too difficult for you, you might want to play other content first.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

What if i told you, this used to be alot harder!? O.o

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Indeed, if you’re a new player you will struggle with your first dungeon, that’s pretty much a given.
top suggestions are: use gear that is the exact same level as your level, in a dungeon where you’re not level 80, your gear scales oddly, so if your gear is level 25 and you’re level 30, you’re severely crippling yourself,
My advice, don’t bother with story modes, not worth it unless you want to unlock explorable mode.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

AC story is my daily champ farm with my sub-80 chars. Just sayin’

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Indeed, if you’re a new player you will struggle with your first dungeon, that’s pretty much a given.
top suggestions are: use gear that is the exact same level as your level, in a dungeon where you’re not level 80, your gear scales oddly, so if your gear is level 25 and you’re level 30, you’re severely crippling yourself,
My advice, don’t bother with story modes, not worth it unless you want to unlock explorable mode.

Unless you’re interested in the story about destiny’s edge getting back together. In that case story dungeons are more or less a must have if you want to be part of it ingame.

That aside: I think your advice about the gear is a particularly good one.
But even if that is not an option for whatever reasons, storymodes usually aren’t that difficult, AC included.
It will come a s a surprise to new players how hard some mobs can actually hit you if you never stumbled across an upscaled open world event – which can happen depending on which starting zone you originated from or a less populated server – but even that is managable after a few tries.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

Complaining about repair costs, 2014….really?
I did AC story with my level 30 in the first month of launch, wasn’t too bad. I can see how it can be hard at the lovers if you have a terrible party and suck yourself though. The rest of it is so easy I used to use the dungeon to level low level alts since its fast and gives good XP.

Maybe they buffed it, its been months since I’ve done it, and almost a year since I’ve had to do it with a level 30. Somehow I doubt that though. I think the real problem is that the people who are still doing it are small in number and often new and stubborn about not wanting to actually learn the content. There is nothing that is unfair in that place unless you randomly get the troll, even then its not to bad.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

AC story is faceroll. the adds can be annoying because they spam CCs and/or have powerful aoes but they aren’t very durable and don’t come in very large groups. as long as your party is focused on one target (and not running around and doing nothing) it should die fast.

spam rocks/blinds/other cc on lovers.

also, I’m pretty sure AC story hasn’t been buffed at all, since the revamped AC only changed elite gravelings (which aren’t present in story I think). not sure about the troll, but it’s nothing compared to the explorable mode one.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I wouldn’t mind them being easier. You know, to get you used with the terrain and enemies.