Suggestions Dungeons/Holy Trinity

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ngage.5760

Ngage.5760

So i have been feeling like there is something missing with GW2’s end game, and its that there really is no end game. Dungeons leave something to be desired, with everyone only running Zerker, and if you don’t GTFO. They really just become a dodge and dps fest, no real teamwork or true mechanics. Some will argue, that stacking and los-ing are mechanics, and I will say they are poor excuses for it. There is also no end goal, nothing you can really strive for. No wanting to obtain that next level of gear so you can run the next dungeon/raid. As of right now its just obtain the zerker gear from one of the dungeons and your set for the rest of the game., but what are you suppose to do with it?

Now first off, I don’t want any of the classes to change, nor do I want any changes in the game it self. Its pretty simple, add in dungeons that use the holy trinity. How you ask? Well this is where ArenaNet has to do something. The dungeons themselves will have to implement agro system system(the normal game will keep the normal system). This will allow Warriors/Guardians to “tank” and Elementalist/Engineers/Guardians to possibly heal. Of coarse you will have to stack respective gear. I mean you have this healing gear, that no one touches (“if they are good”).

I know some of you are all good riddance to the holy trinity, but there are us hardcore players, that want a challenge, mechanics, teamwork, and something to strive for. Also don’t count the holy trinity out, if implemented it could be the most amazing experience you could imagine. The player mechanics are unlike any other game, and with the holy trinity in a dungeon, it could push the boundaries of dungeoning and raiding.

Now like I said, i don’t want the Holy Trinity it the normal game, only in its respective dungeons that are set up for it. I hope I did an ok job of explaining all of that. Please just post what you think, just don’t be a jerk about it.

tl;dr: Add in agro system and the holy trinity to new dungeons, to add progression/end game into the game.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

No.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

No. The game don’t have Holy Trinity for a reason. The system is not perfect, far from it, but its different from the Holy Trinity and it work. A lot of holy trinity MMO out there, so can we keep at least 1 that don’t copy/paste the same system over and over.

Improve the system, i’m for it.
Improve the teamplay, i’m for it.
Agro, Tank, Healer, please NOoooo.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

No. The game don’t have Holy Trinity for a reason. The system is not perfect, far from it, but its different from the Holy Trinity and it work. A lot of holy trinity MMO out there, so can we keep at least 1 that don’t copy/paste the same system over and over.

Improve the system, i’m for it.
Improve the teamplay, i’m for it.
Agro, Tank, Healer, please NOoooo.

Please do not feed bad threads like this.
Here, let me improve your post with a more appropriate response:

No.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Yes

….

No.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

This youtube link will provide you with my thoughts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Not gonna happen.

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

I don’t even understand your thought process, if bosses can be soloed by a zerker who has all the aggro, how is giving him all the aggro in a 5 man group going to create the need for tanks?

Edit: This will just promote even less skillfull play if the other 4 don’t have to dodge and will result in good players carrying noobs even more than they already do

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

(edited by joey the creator.3587)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

There are 2 very hyped MMOs coming out soon that carry the trinity you are looking for. GW2 was designed to replace the trinity, and adding it in now, ignoring that it is far too late to make such a drastic change, is counter productive to what they were trying to accomplish.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Please allow me to echo this sound response:

No.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you want the trinity, you probably should play another game. So in response to your suggestion:

No.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

GW2 was marketed as not having the holy trinity. Why did you buy the game?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

because he wants a re-skin of [insert typical spank and tank, no reflexes needed mmo].

again i ask – why do people want to get punched in the face?

He calls trinity system and mmos “hardcore” lol

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

because he wants a re-skin of [insert typical spank and tank, no reflexes needed mmo].

..Because stacking on top of one another, zerging down a boss and ignoring nearly every mechanic involved therein, and then running past the trash to the next boss some how constitutes as skill and reflex-based combat?

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Or going to Lupicus, soloing him in under 2 minutes, skipping and doing the next boss… Mindless game, just requires you to push 1 and zerk down bosses.

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

nope

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

Posted by: Nandor The Stampede.1593

Nandor The Stampede.1593

Very good point. Im gonna move to Japan and complain that Japan should make english the official language because it requires way more skill to learn english and it will just be “amazing”.

I just can’t adapt… booo hooo.

Posted by: Nandor The Stampede.1593

Nandor The Stampede.1593

Oh I forgot to add it will push the boundaries of speaking.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

..Because stacking on top of one another, zerging down a boss and ignoring nearly every mechanic involved therein, and then running past the trash to the next boss some how constitutes as skill and reflex-based combat?

- you don’t “zerg” a dungeon genius.

- skipping as a team also requires coordination and one of the main reasons speed runs are fast. (pugs and even most teams cant do this because of long tails)

- stacking is just positioning you still have to dodge, block, reflect, and (minor) reposition

- Increase the skill requirement (actual skill, not stat counting and excel mashing) more casuals will cry and game goes bye bye.

- full melee is now “ignoring mechanics” wow…

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

If full melee is exploiting the monster’s ability to use ranged attacks, then ranging them is exploiting the monster’s inability to use melee attacks.

If all 5 members of your group are good in meleeing bosses, even if they don’t bring it to a corner, they still be stacking on the boss. Or would you kick 4 of them, so you can invite 4 other ranged players?

Once players get more experienced, they will make the transition to melee, though in tankier gear. After learning the boss’s tells, they will switch to more glassier gear. It’s the evolution of your skills.

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

nor do I want any changes in the game it self.

But you would change the entire premise of GW2 which is to do away with the holy trinity.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Nova [rT]