Suggestions for Reviving Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Kurt Wulfgang.2436

There’s always a lot of people doing fractals at any time of the day, be it 5pm or 5 am. Dungeons, however, are a different story. No one does dungeons anymore unless they need some specific items that can be bought with their currency. Dungeons are abandoned. So we need to find ways to revive them, to make them more populated like fractals.

My suggestion would be adding dungeon dailies. "do CoF p2, CoE p1 and Manor p3 and get some reward chests that may reward you with ascended crafting materials(of course the changes would be pretty low). Adding dailies to dungeons can not go wrong.

Another suggestion would be a difficulty scale. I dont know how this can be executed, but dungeons are pretty easy now imho, everyone can breeze through it with a non-beta build, not like master fractals.

Please share YOUR opinions, statements or ideas!

And ANet, please dont leave the content YOU created die out like this, dungeons deserve better

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Dungeon rewards and incentives are fine at the moment. If you increase the rewards again, people would leave other areas like HoT maps which Anet surely has not in mind. The reason why people were running dungeons before HoT because it was an easy way to make gold not due to them being great.

Since there is no development expertise working on dungeon stuff any more (dungeon dev team left Anet years ago) it’s impossible to generate different scaling.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’re likely not going to put resources into dungeons so adding difficulty scales and dailies specific to dungeons like for fractals will probably never happen.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No one does dungeons anymore unless they need some specific items that can be bought with their currency. Dungeons are abandoned. So we need to find ways to revive them, to make them more populated like fractals.

Why do we need to find ways to revive them to their previous level of popularity? People clearly just did them for the tokens and coin rewards, because (a) as soon as that dropped, people left and (b) even after it was partly restored, people left as soon as they found other, more rewarding (and even easier) farms.

People just aren’t that interested in dungeons for their own sake. There are enough people to make a group happen (although someone has to be brave enough to start their own LFG).

People like new stuff and fractals provide a much easier method of managing that. ANet can add (and even remove) instances as needed and people are having fun doing them. In contrast, making any changes to dungeons (even things as seemingly simple as fixing bugs or removing annoyances) would take considerable effort, so not as good a value for the same effort by ANet. Plus, it’s a distraction at a time when ANet already has plenty of work to restore the luster GW2 had not that long ago.

tl;dr dungeons don’t have to be “revived” — they offer decent rewards for easier, legacy, instanced content; in their current form, they can remain in the game forever.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

If anything, I’d like to see the bugs fixed. Such as Belka not turning hostile. Subject 6 Imprisonment crystal not bugging out if it dies too fast. Aetherblade oozes getting proper agro.

Optimise [OP]

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Make dungeon daily like fractal. It will get ppl to do them more

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

With all of the power creep I just low-man dungeons when I want to go. My guild and I consistently 3-man any dungeon path we feel like doing, even with suboptimal group compositions and the works.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

each dungeon path should have instability options that allow teams to increase the difficulty in order to gain higher rewards. The system is in place for Fractals so it wouldn’t be hard to bring them into Dungeons. More rewards for greater challenges + add in a new set of achievements for near impossible instability combos that teams conquer. Instabilities will be only available to those who have already completed story + exp paths for that dungeon so it would greatly increase popularity back to dungeons. As it stands right now you can solo mode almost any dungeon path (unless if requires multiple actions to be completed at the same time)

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

The system is in place for Fractals so it wouldn’t be hard to bring them into Dungeons.

Sorry to disappoint you but fractals are completely different than dungeons. As we mentioned before the expertise of dungeon development left Anet years ago so it’s not possible to change anything relevant. The effort to modify something in there would be so big it’s not worth it at all.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

Dungeons are better reward wise then they used to be. Its just not liquid gold. 100 Tokens per path compared to 60 is massive and after 8 paths you get an extra 150 of your choosing.

Thats 950 tokens for 8 paths (daily) compared to only 480 tokens for 8 paths. If you total up the liquid reward.

Most dungeons are 35s so I’ll use that.
8 × 35 = 2g 80 + 5g (From achieve) = 7g 80
Rather then 8 × 1g = 8g

So you get 20s less then what you normally got, but you get nearly double the tokens. Dungeons are better then what they once were. Its just that there are better places to get gold now. Fractals got buffed in that regard, Silverwastes, Tarir ML.

You get a good group and its easy gold. Easier then Fractals (Which you can only do once a day while Dungeons if you do a lot of paths can do up to 3 times) but Fractals are often a lot shorter and can reward people with Ascended Armour or materials which Dungeons do not.

Dungeons will not be revived because Anet doesn’t want them to be, they nerfed them in the first place because they didn’t want people running them. Dought they’ll make it better then they are now for the same reason.

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

I join full run pugs, cuz I like to be with random people for at least 45min instead of 5 like in fracs Great way to make friends and to show some new people how the mechanics work, and to hand em 18 slot bags if they’re f2p

Completed my 400th run since the Frequenter achi was added, just wish we could have more dungeons instead of open world zerg fests.

They could be much harder and require a comp, like raids, so you’d have to get a tanky guy with toughness to hold aggro, healy dude for heels and 3 dps/ccs, for that good ol’ dungeon crawl feeling.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I did dungeons for fun pre HoT, didn’t really need the gold or tokens but it was fun with friends for a while.

They’re approaching 4 years old now though and even if it’s good reward (they are good atm) it just gets boring rerunning the same thing for yearssssss on end which is why you don’t see many runs nowadays. The people that do dungeons either raid, play other stuff or quit for the most part.

You can try adding incentives but quite frankly unless they actually decide to make dungeons an active part of the game again, the dungeon community is for all intents and purposes, dead.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I just looked it up because I don’t remember seeing it, but there’s supposed to be a dungeon daily in the pve rotation.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily#PvE_daily_achievements

But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it (because I do the wvw dailies). Maybe because I have HoT it’s not in rotation? I haven’t seen daily fractal either since they changed the system.

Either it’s a bug, not rotation for HoT players, really low chance of coming up, or I’m just plain blind.

If it were in rotation 3-4 days a week, I imagine more people would do dungeons.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I just looked it up because I don’t remember seeing it, but there’s supposed to be a dungeon daily in the pve rotation.

But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it (because I do the wvw dailies). Maybe because I have HoT it’s not in rotation? I haven’t seen daily fractal either since they changed the system.

Either it’s a bug, not rotation for HoT players, really low chance of coming up, or I’m just plain blind.

If it were in rotation 3-4 days a week, I imagine more people would do dungeons.

They’re in the rotation as I saw them within the last couple weeks.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Before the most recent update, dailies would include a dungeon path about 2x/month. Every so often, ANet scrambles the rotation of the dailies, seemingly using a random roll, and then leaves that rotation in until the next switcheroo.

So it’s possible that the current rotation randomly lost any dungeon paths and it’s equally possible that ANet removed them from the rotation deliberately.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

If they are still active on the dailies, I have to imagine there is a way to weigh various possible rolls to get dungeons to come up more, if that was their goal. At 2 times per month I can see why I missed it.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Two things:
1) Add a hardcore mode that would allow players to get better loot.
2) Implement tiered-loot system such that rewards are based upon two-factors: 1) Performance – time to finish dungeon and 2) number of players doing dungeon (if you solo a dungeon you should get 5x the loot for example)

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Dungeon rewards are fine really. With a dungeon recipe or two, they can rival even Tarir meta. They are also good sources of lore and exploration, one of the few you can enjoy without a zerg or pesky story NPCs and even solo. I am not saying improvements wouldn’t be nice, but I just don’t expect any.

Posted by: Alstreim.9507

Alstreim.9507

I think adding daily dungeons, like the existent daily fractals, would help a bit, but isn’t the solution to reintegrate dungeons. But “fishball” said something that it’s right, dungeons are old and people just don’t want to play anymore.

(edited by Alstreim.9507)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

All the necros in Tyria couldn’t revive dungeons, there’s too little incentive to run them now. There are far better sources of exp, gold and mats out there.

The dungeoneer chest was a nice attempt, but lacks the ‘urgency’ of a daily challenge. Ideally, there should have been a nice bundle of specific dungeons to run a path or two in each day similar to those for fractals.