Suggestions wanted: fractal currency sinks

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tn5oz/fractals_have_evolved_into_awesome_5man_instanced/

“Anet_Ben,
We won’t ever let you convert fractal relics in to gold, at least not at any profitable conversion, but I agree that we need more relic sinks. I’ve been focused heavily on content lately so have been slipping on QoL and systems. We’ll be paying heavy attention to suggestions here and on the forums regarding possible avenues for making relics more valuable.”

You heard the man, let’s have your suggestions!

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Here are the facts, many players have a dozen or more sets of ascended, so even exchanging fractal currencies for ascended is not a good sink. I would say t6 mat bags, leather, metals, wood. But Anet_Ben says the currency cant do that.

Maybe fractal armor?

Other account bound items that end game players want? Icy runestones, mystic clovers?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Someone suggested reducing the silver cost for purchasing Obsidian shards — that currently rules out using relics.

@Sprout: thanks for cross-posting this. It’s not often a dev specifically asks for suggestions.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

@Illconcieved you’re welcome, I thought it prudent in case the opinions of reddit users differ from those of users here.

For my own suggestion, it’s certainly a problem that can be approached in an number of different ways. I find it difficult in situations like this to think of “end game players” in abstract, and so prefer to look at what I might want, and then ask if that would be of broader interest. I’d also say that there are two possible sink approaches that could be taken here:
1)Create high-cost sinks for one-off purchases and focus on cleaning older accounts that have huge relic stockpiles; or
2) Create low-cost sinks for repeat purchases and focus on slowing the growth of stockpiles in older and newer accounts.

Since my account is new-ish, I have no Old Tom or Ad Infinitum and am currently working towards an Omnipotion, I am naturally more interested in sinks of the 2nd type. Hence what I’d like to propose is a fractal food vendor: an NPC with a basic list of account-bound food and utility consumables that can be bought for fractal relics. This vendor would provide a positive benefit in the following cases:

1) The player is in the fractal lobby, realises they want to activate food & utility consumables but don’t have any in their inventory/bank. Normally in this case they’d have to hold the party up whilst they order some over the trading post (or even worse, leave the observatory to go crafting). With an accessible vendor however they could sink a few relics, quickly buff and then get back to playing.

2) The player is in the business of doing fractals in order to farm gold. Currently almost all level 80 food/utilities cost gold to acquire, and so activating them for a fractal run cuts in to the player’s profits. True there is a certain amount of gameplay to be had in assessing a situation to decide whether it’s worth turning food on, but I would be surprised if fractal farmers would prefer to have that “play” rather than the convenience of always being able to play with food up without impacting their bottom line.

3) You as a player want another cool NPC to chat with in the Mists. Certainly for a lower development cost you could just make this vendor a new golem, but what made me chuckle as I was typing this was the thought of a member of Dessa’s krewe using the player as a guinea pig to see if food from the Mists is edible. Whatever the flavour, with the recent expansion to fractal lobby there’s room to squeeze in one more fun/tragic mistlocked character.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think mystic clovers are a good option. currently there is no PvE way to obtain them, yet both WvW and PvP have reliable ways to obtain clovers regularly. So adding a daily limited supply to fractal vendors seems like a good idea to me. It would also slightly lower demand for coins, which will help put a ceiling on high their price will continue to climb

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

No, thank you. This is the type of entitled posting that divides GW2 community.

“Oh, I am a fractal runner, I deserve better exchanges for fractal relics because I don’t use them for ascended gears anymore as I already have bank-full of ascended chests.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“Oh, I am a fractal runner, I deserve better exchanges for fractal relics because I don’t use them for ascended gears anymore as I already have bank-full of ascended chests.”

That’s not what folks are asking for.

Fractals (and their rewards) were rebalanced, but fractal relic vendors were largely left alone (with the notable addition of fractal potions, which are once-per-account sinks).

Other currencies have new sinks. The OP (and others) are asking for an update to fit the current game.

voidvector.2780

Other currencies have new sinks. The OP (and others) are asking for an update to fit the current game.

Go buy ascended rings and salvage them.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I’m still waiting for Fractal armor, blue and gold
I feel a coincission between our desires

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

That’s only worth doing if you already have ascended salvage kits from drops. If you have to buy the kits, you generally just break even—maybe a slight gain or loss depending on RNG.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Reducing gold cost for obi shards should be a priority. Gimmick vendor that sells fractal boss combat tonics or something that is useless but fun would be neat. Tbh literally anything would work because numbers are getting ridiculous.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Wtf you even talking about?
Ppl doing Tarir & other HoT-stuff for far better plus repetitive rewards per day than the usual T4 fractal crowd. Improved fractal rewards are justified since it is ridiculous that u can press 1 a few times, go afk afterwards and earn a lot of loot compared to ppl that do instanced content that requires more skill to finish.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

voidvector.2780

That’s only worth doing if you already have ascended salvage kits from drops. If you have to buy the kits, you generally just break even—maybe a slight gain or loss depending on RNG.

So the sink there. It not Anet’s fault that your fellow players have made it worthless.

voidvector.2780

Wtf you even talking about?
Ppl doing Tarir & other HoT-stuff for far better plus repetitive rewards per day than the usual T4 fractal crowd. Improved fractal rewards are justified since it is ridiculous that u can press 1 a few times, go afk afterwards and earn a lot of loot compared to ppl that do instanced content that requires more skill to finish.

“And I should be doubly reward because I still run Arah P4!!!”

Playing style is not a justification for in-game profit, unless Anet deems it so.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As it turns out, ANet (in the form of one of the key fractal developers) has agreed that this is worth doing.

No one is asking to be doubly rewards. The sinks for fractal relics haven’t been adjusted; it’s time to do that.

voidvector.2780

As it turns out, ANet (in the form of one of the key fractal developers) has agreed that this is worth doing.

No one is asking to be doubly rewards. The sinks for fractal relics haven’t been adjusted; it’s time to do that.

No one said doing fractal is worthless. I even pointed out you can get bank-full of ascended chests in my earlier post.

Basically, what people are asking here is they want more rewards for fractals than what Anet has already given to them without putting up new effort.

TheRandomGuy.7246

Basically, what people are asking here is they want more rewards for fractals than what Anet has already given to them without putting up new effort.

Read op post.

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

omg close this thread now, someone disagrees with it, close it now you madman!

Vinceman.4572

“And I should be doubly reward because I still run Arah P4!!!”

Playing style is not a justification for in-game profit, unless Anet deems it so.

You haven’t understood what I meant. I said “improving” reward structure not “better”. We want something useful and meaningful to spend our relics.

Read op post.

^This.

voidvector.2780

You haven’t understood what I meant. I said “improving” reward structure not “better”. We want something useful and meaningful to spend our relics.

Using words like “QoL”, “imporve” or “better” to ask ANet for rewards when

1) you are not putting additional effort because you already hoarded the currency
2) the reward only benefit a segment of the community (myself included BTW – i do T4 fractals daily)

does not benefit the community as a whole.

If you want Obsidian shards, go farm Cursed Shores and do events in Straits of Devastation like everyone else. Instead of perpetuate this entitlement mentality that not only leads to “dead maps” but also potentially wasting Anet’s resources (resources that can better served giving us new content)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ll try one more time:

• Someone (on Reddit) suggested fractal relics need updated sinks. They made a few suggestions.
  • A developer responded and agreed that it might be time to do that. They specifically mentioned that that the silver cost for obsidian made this prohibitively expensive in its current state and that his team would take a look.
  • The developer further said he was open to new ideas.
  • The OP encourages the rest of us to offer such ideas.

I’m not sure why that’s objectionable.

TheRandomGuy.7246

Neither does kitten posting and not reading op post or even the name of the thread.

Vinceman.4572

Using words like “QoL”, “imporve” or “better” to ask ANet for rewards when

1) you are not putting additional effort because you already hoarded the currency
2) the reward only benefit a segment of the community (myself included BTW – i do T4 fractals daily)

If you want Obsidian shards, go farm Cursed Shores and do events in Straits of Devastation like everyone else. Instead of perpetuate this entitlement mentality that not only leads to “dead maps” but also potentially wasting Anet’s resources (resources that can better served giving us new content)

Farming Cursed Shore or Straits of Devastation for obsidian shards? Why the hell should I do that when the overwhelming majority of the GW2 community is effortlessly running around at Silverwastes gaining obsis as accessory parts and karma on the fly to buy even more obsis and making more gold as well. Yes, you are literally pressing 1 there as DD and “f” to loot for karma, gold and obsis. You don’t even need to use your own shovels because there’s always someone around with them.
As if fractal runners like me who spend 20-45 minutes per day in instanced content – speaking of daily T4s – are responsible for “dead maps”. Never heard more nonsense. Seriously, is this a troll post?
And sorrry, we put effort into it. You don’t obtain such amount of relics by doing nothing or pressing 1 repetitively. Hmm, maybe yes and you are the <500 dps staff necro I met yesterday in my first T4 frac.

Your whole line of argument is flawed and makes no sense at all. If you would have read the OP post and the comments afterwards and understood what the wishes are you wouldn’t write such rubbish.
We don’t need another source of gold and no more asc gear possibilities – personally I’m swimming in both – we need a proper swap offer.
For example, things like obsidian shards or mystic clovers won’t hurt anybody but I’m also open minded for other useful things with a reasonable change value that won’t hurt the economy. Although I doubt that this is even possible because fractals are a niche content with little impact on the economy as a whole compared to the majority of open world influence.

But again, you’re better off with reading the OP again and I can also recommend the reddit thread. There’s a little chance that you’ll get the point.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Maybe simply adding +1 agony infusions to be bought with Relics might be a possibility? I know those can be turned around and sold on the trading post, but at least it’s thematically fitting.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Being able to buy transmutation charges please.
+1 that food idea that was posted.
I would love to be ability to buy mosman at his hut after bloom so I can fight him (you can bring his pack of wolfs too)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I woul put the recolours for the fractal weapons here as well. Maybe 8k the 2 handed skins and 5k the 1 handed ones?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I second the removal of the gold cost on obby shards, but at an increase to the cost of relics.

Some other things that really really should be there….. The stupid stones used to craft/create the Cat Mini achievement.

For a substantial cost of either pristine or relics or both an Unlimited Universal Fractal Key. Tired of buying keys and as a QOL having one of these after several hundred fractal runs would be nice.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I like Ori’s idea to provide a very limited daily or weekly amount of mystic clovers. The food idea wouldn’t be bad either. And another idea, adding an option to re-select stats on ascended trinkets in exchange for a hefty relic fee would be great.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

TheRandomGuy.7246

Fractal chest with a t4 daily chest loot table for the home instance would be neat. This is a 1 time expensive purchase tho. Not really a sink.

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

I’ll like to see fractal have it’s own ARMOR set of skins Just how they have fractal skin for weapons / Gold fractal weapon skins. I’ll Love to see a fractal armor set up for each class and Give us the ability to either get them in Blue or Gold.

Allow us to also get Mystic clovers as well with current currency, Shards, Possible Change the Color of the Fractal Legendary Back Piece to the “gold” style. Some sort of new set of skins would be great that’s all im asking to see.

Posted by: Xanthia.7209

Xanthia.7209

How about including the ability to re-stat or exchange infusions with stat attributes at the cost of relics. I am of course referring to the current fractal infusions you can buy from INFUZ-5959, including Mighty, Precise, Malign, Vital, Resilient, and Healing. Correct me if I am wrong, but right now the infusions you can earn in fractals don’t allow for the option to stat-swap, even though certain special infusions, like the queen bee, moto’s, polys and so forth, do have this capability.

Right now I am sitting on enough gold, +9 infusions and fractal relics that if I wanted to gear out my main condi warrior in entirely malign infusions I could…yet I don’t. Why? The reason is because I have no guaranteed that my current build will always be optimal in the future. What if power suddenly becomes competitive again, or they make healing viable, etc. With legendary armor I can swap out my stats and retrait myself no problem, but the infusions…there is no way to change the stats on them. Whatever type of fractal infusion I settle on, I am stuck with that stat and risks the real possibility of it becoming obsolete in a future build. So instead of settling on any type of stat-attributed infusion, I instead don’t buy them and only use the regular simple agony infusions.

I want to buy these lovely stat-attributed infusions because I really like the thought of having my character completely geared to its maximum potential (even if the actual benefit is rather insignificant). But I am not such a masochist that I am willing to put forth so much expense, if a simple balance change is going to make my purchase a complete and utter waste.

My first mistake: Posting about bugs in the bug forum section. My second mistake: Expecting help.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Fractals largely have a theme of being able to move through time and space. What if we could buy something like teleportation charges with our fractal relics for specific places. Maybe places like rich resource nodes? So you could spend your relics on these charges, and then you could use them to do node farming runs quickly.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fractals largely have a theme of being able to move through time and space. What if we could buy something like teleportation charges with our fractal relics for specific places. Maybe places like rich resource nodes? So you could spend your relics on these charges, and then you could use them to do node farming runs quickly.

Like a non-random version of the Twisted Watchwork Portal Device? Interesting. I think it would have to be incredibly expensive to make it more about convenience than about monetizing relics.

However, that suggests maybe other quality-of-life options, such as unlocking a random WP (as Proofs of Heroics can unlock a random HP), unlocking a random recipe (as we can with Scout Mapping tokens), or even just a random teleport (for funsies or perhaps to nodes).

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

only thing I want right now is a way to change stat infusions, it could cost relics or w.e. I’m sure we can agree on that…

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

1. Karma potions
2. Mystic Clovers
3. Transmutation Charges
4. Hero Challenge unlocks like in WvW
5. Acc Bound t6 food
6. New minis
7. Fun bundle items (like, recently we got some for cats in home instance, it would be cool to get more fun bundles like deployable jump pad etc)
8. new rewards such as gliders, mail carriers, outfits, armor, weapon skins, mount skins

Posted by: Baseraver.7241

Baseraver.7241

1. Karma potions
2. Mystic Clovers
3. Transmutation Charges
5. Acc Bound t6 food
6. New minis
7. Fun bundle items (like, recently we got some for cats in home instance, it would be cool to get more fun bundles like deployable jump pad etc)
8. new rewards such as gliders, mail carriers, outfits, armor, weapon skins, mount skins

THIS

Nice ideas mate!!!

Amaimon.7823

1. Karma potions
2. Mystic Clovers
3. Transmutation Charges
5. Acc Bound t6 food
6. New minis

THIS

Nice ideas mate!!!

Fully agree, though anet might not.
There are some suggestions that make anet more agreeable.
1. Okay, but not as abliquid, you still have to earn the base karma, so you get a buff to karma gain instead.
2. Doubt they’ll accept that, but maybe they can sell an item that replaces something in the recipe, like the 6 philosophers stones, to increase, or guantee crafting rate.
3. Love it, but anet might hate it, gem store value.
4. Considerable, might get expensive, though.
5. I guess, nice for raids and fractals, but might push people who raid, but dont like fracts the wrong way (although i cant imagine raiders being short on money, ever)
6. Big plus (no, thats an actual mini idea)
7. A tonic, like the random transformations in the curent events
8. Nice, but very costextensive. I would love to ever see a blue and golden fractal armor

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

1. No, i already earned my tokens and i expect them to exchange for immediate reward
2. Why not? PvP and WvW and daily login rewards already give them. And it would be healthier for mystic coin market (less demand)
3. Nah in wvw and pvp leagues you already get tons of them
4. Pristine relics say hi
5. fractals are 5man raids only easier, so i dont see the issue

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

1. Karma potions
2. Mystic Clovers
3. Transmutation Charges
5. Acc Bound t6 food
6. New minis

1. Good idea, also wish dungeons still gave karma like they did a million years ago
2. Sure, why not
3. Yes, these are basically thrown at you in WvW (got close to 500 now after only a few months of returning to WvW), so why not hand a few to the PvE only players
4. YES, pretty much the same as the one above since not everyone enjoys Open World HoT even if it only takes like two hours
5. Would be nice to be able to acquire the account bound utilities this way
6. 7. 8. Sure, couldn’t hurt

Would be nice if they gave instanced group content the same treatment they gave to WvW. Basically, a much wider range of rewards from dungeons, fractals and raids to allow players to stay in the content they enjoy rather having to spend a lot of hours on Open World maps we might dislike.
The fact that I never had to step outside of dungeons and PvP when I started playing was one of the best parts of this game. You did not kitten yourself by not going through grinding content you disliked.
I just want a little bit of this convenience to return to us.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Apparently, with the expansion there will be 25 slot bags. I would like to see 25 slot bags being sold by BUY-4373 in the Mistlock Observatory. I would pay 1000 Relics for one.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Amaimon.7823

1. No, i already earned my tokens and i expect them to exchange for immediate reward
2. Why not? PvP and WvW and daily login rewards already give them. And it would be healthier for mystic coin market (less demand)
3. Nah in wvw and pvp leagues you already get tons of them
4. Pristine relics say hi
5. fractals are 5man raids only easier, so i dont see the issue

If they dont consume mystic couns theyre gonna cost as much time as a pvp reward track, you’re up for a lot of fractals, probably timegated behind pristine relics, to make up for the mystic coins and effort

Amaimon.7823

Apparently, with the expansion there will be 25 slot bags. I would like to see 25 slot bags being sold by BUY-4373 in the Mistlock Observatory. I would pay 1000 Relics for one.

‘Apparantly’?
First I heard of it, where did you get that?
No google sources on it

Vinceman.4572

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

There were runes you could get in the beta indicating there will be bag with 25 slots.
I doubt that we will be able to get them for 1k relics because that would be too cheap according to the prizes we’ve seen in the beta. But there is hope that prices will be tuned down – the rune had a value of over 100g.

Amaimon.7823

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

There were runes you could get in the beta indicating there will be bag with 25 slots.
I doubt that we will be able to get them for 1k relics because that would be too cheap according to the prizes we’ve seen in the beta. But there is hope that prices will be tuned down – the rune had a value of over 100g.

Legendary backpack, a consumable that turns the first default 20 bag into a 26 bag; random idea
(I’d be annoyed with 25 because then you cant have even rows)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Was the dev post talking about Fractal Relics, or Pristine Fractal Relics? I’m generally spending my normal relics about as fast as I collect them by making statted infusions, but my Pristine Fractal Relics are just steadily continuing to grow. I’d love it if there was a way to convert Pristine Relics into Stabilizing Matrices, but unfortunately since the Matrices are tied to coin generation by way of converting them into Encryption Keys, this probably won’t happen.

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

I vote for new fractal weapon And fractal amor, personaly will love have more personalized skin from my most loved gw2 pve component

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

try googling supreme rune of holding

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Amaimon.7823

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

try googling supreme rune of holding

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supreme_Rune_of_Holding
Well call me a quaggan, you’re right
It exists, but it seems to be an ultra rare drop.
I just hope we dont get a bag with and odd number of slots

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I got like 3 from ecto gambling about 2k ectos so yea its a super rare drop.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

Legendary backpack, a consumable that turns the first default 20 bag into a 26 bag; random idea
(I’d be annoyed with 25 because then you cant have even rows)

You can have even rows with packs of any size if you “hide bags”.