Superior Runes of Agony Resist

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khang Le.9578

Khang Le.9578

Getting Ascended armors is the most common wall people hit to be able to participate in high level fractals (75+). It’s the least amount of stats upgrade per gold out of all the equipment.

A fair compromise would be to add an account bound superior runes of agony resist that is only sold by a vendor inside FoTM that require a mastery. They should cost a hefty amount of relics and/or stabilized matrices. These would replace your regular runes and thus making Ascended still a goal to reach to enhance your combat abilities.

(1): +3 Agony Resists
(2): +5 Agony Resists
(3): +7 Agony Resists
(4): +9 Agony Resists
(5): +11 Agony Resists
(6): +13 Agony Resists

The total is a fair 48 AR, and they cannot stack with Simple Versatile Infusions on any piece of armor. Weapons and trinkets infusions still work. A good example for price would be 375 Relics + 35 Stabilized Matrices each for a total of 2,250 Relics and 210 Stabilized Matrices, a fair price that can be reasonably reached on your way up and not too easy as an alternative to save gold.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No thanks. I want people to use proper runes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I am not sure if this is a reasonable solution to a problem I’m not sure exists. Shouldn’t 75+ be tuned such that running without a good runeset has a serious impact on your performance?

Why not just stack up bigger infusions on your rings and back? To comfortably do 70-80 according to the wiki you want about 85 AR, which is not hard to get; +10 in each of five ring/back slots, and then +7 in each other slot on the accessories gives you a total of 82.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

This does not seem neccessary.
-Every casual player can reach at least one ascended armor set in a fair amount of time
-Infusions themselves are cheap enough
-At the point where you do not have a full asc set yet , you should not try to play the higher-tier fractals. And I dont know about you, but I didnt want to either.

All in all: im very happy with newbies in lower fractals, I give them advice and try to encourage them to work on their performance and try out the more challenging stuff.
But having people who dont even know their own class, do not have ascended equipment and use runes that do not provide any boni in a high level fractal…no thank you. Bad enough we have all this people who cant beat a higher tier mossman the normal way.

Ultimatetively this would also encourage the elitist-culture, that might be even worse than the noobs.
Party description forbidding joining with runes, gearchecks, people being kicked for agony runes…I dont think we want that.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not sure i can get behind this. These runes would be a trap to people actually getting into fractals.

Khang Le.9578

I am not sure if this is a reasonable solution to a problem I’m not sure exists. Shouldn’t 75+ be tuned such that running without a good runeset has a serious impact on your performance?

Why not just stack up bigger infusions on your rings and back? To comfortably do 70-80 according to the wiki you want about 85 AR, which is not hard to get; +10 in each of five ring/back slots, and then +7 in each other slot on the accessories gives you a total of 82.

I am by no means the best player but I can consistently solo level 40-50 fractals (Molten Bosses and Mai Trin) on my necro with and without optimal runeset (Zerk + Scholar).

I have 87 AR, according to wiki, at level 80 Fractal with 87 AR, I would lose 35% health per tick which is lethal, I know this because I did the Molten Effigy with only 2 other guild mates but when we got to the boss, Agony check (Its 2 stacks) straight up chewed through full life force + health + downed state with no chance to survive.

Sarrs.4831

I am by no means the best player but I can consistently solo level 40-50 fractals (Molten Bosses and Mai Trin) on my necro with and without optimal runeset (Zerk + Scholar).

I have 87 AR, according to wiki, at level 80 Fractal with 87 AR, I would lose 35% health per tick which is lethal, I know this because I did the Molten Effigy with only 2 other guild mates but when we got to the boss, Agony check (Its 2 stacks) straight up chewed through full life force + health + downed state with no chance to survive.

Could you possibly describe your AR layout? I don’t want to be too much of a nag, but I think you could probably push it a bit higher without too much work.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Khang Le.9578

Could you possibly describe your AR layout? I don’t want to be too much of a nag, but I think you could probably push it a bit higher without too much work.

Right now I have all +9s on agony infusions and +7s on regular infusion slots, I can push them all to +11s but its only an increase of 8 AR for a total of 95 AR

Sarrs.4831

Right now I have all +9s on agony infusions and +7s on regular infusion slots, I can push them all to +11s but its only an increase of 8 AR for a total of 95 AR

And this is in all six accessories, with +1 bonus slot on the back and +2 bonus slots on the rings?

You have no armor I assume otherwise this thread’s a bit silly; how about your weapons?

Also, Mistlock Singularities I assume you have available for an ezpz +5.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

bad idea sorry no

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

You can also infuse & attune rings.

That means that each ring can have a +7 AR then X & another X AR infusion.

Combine that with 7 each on neck and accessories you can easily get 71 AR just from using 9s

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

Posted by: Dromina.5023

Dromina.5023

With +7 on weapon(s) and all trinkets (8×7 = 56), infused back and infused + attuned rings with 3x +10 and 2x +11 (3×10 + 2×11 = 52) you get 108 AR without armor. For swamp 77 you need 109 AR but 108 AR should be fine.

So you can do all dailies without ascended armor and with time will get your armor pieces for free.

If you then want to level to bonus level 100 you will need another 42 AR. That is 6×7 → get +7 on every droped armor piece and you are done.

Sarrs.4831

With +7 on weapon(s) and all trinkets (8×7 = 56), infused back and infused + attuned rings with 3x +10 and 2x +11 (3×10 + 2×11 = 52) you get 108 AR without armor. For swamp 77 you need 109 AR but 108 AR should be fine.

You may need 109 for total immunity to the effect but you don’t need anywhere near that to get Agony down to a manageable level, especially considering it’s Mossman, who will only apply one (I think?) stack of Agony at any time. Personally I’m comfortably doing my Champion dailies with about 85 AR.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

You can do fractals of the swamps with 0 AR. Dodge very well or play ranged. My friends and I do this daily for champ fractals.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Sarrs.4831

You can do fractals of the swamps with 0 AR. Dodge very well or play ranged. My friends and I do this daily for champ fractals.

Or body block. Just plant your hitbox behind someone who DOES have the AR needed.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Good for you, but honestly id kick you if you were in my squad and went down to an agony check in high level fractals. It’s an unnecessary risk. And a kitten move towards your whole party.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Not sure I can get behind this idea. There are multiple flaws.

1.) If we assume 20 mintes per fractal you would reach fractal level 76 (requires 107 ar, the last fractal doable in a optimal set without any ascended armor which gives 108 ar) it would still take a person starting fractals 1,500 minutes (25 hours) to even reach a fractal level where he needs ascended armor. Anyone semi interested in fractals will have aquired at least 1-2 pieces of armor by now.

2.) Using agony resist runes means that you are not using other more useful runes. It also means you are likely running exotic armor (I guess this is the main draw to implement the runes in the first place) which, while not much, has stat deficits versus ascended armor. So you are essentially depriving yourself of 2 sources for stats and effects putting more pressure on the rest of your team.

3.) At your proposed 375 relics and 35 matrixes (2,250 and 210 respectively as you mentioned) you are essentially asking a “new player” to spend valuable fractal relics (and they are valuable to new players) and close to 50 gold (at current price of 24s per matrix) on a temporary upgrade to his exotic gear which he will replace once he gets ascended items. Not to mention the runes are a downgrade for any other part of the game.

I just don’t see this as an actual benefit or improvement. Sure it would give players more choice, but not really valuable choice. Best case, players ignore the runes. Worst case, they actually get them only to come on the forums and rage about what useless runes they got conned into aquiring.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Getting Ascended armors is the most common wall people hit to be able to participate in high level fractals (75+). It’s the least amount of stats upgrade per gold out of all the equipment.

The more fractals you do, more ascended gear you will get, more AR you will get, more ascended equipment and AR you will have.

So, the more you play/learn/practice the content, higher levels you will be able to play.

Back in the days, i started doing only low level fractals so i could get AR and ascended pieces, and now i have more than 12 ascended full sets which at least 8 i did fully get from fractals.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

(edited by harold.3526)

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I’ll be honest, I am not sure the merits of giving up a full Runeset just for some AR, especially at the higher level fractals, but I can’t say I am against them putting this in either. Price might need some serious adjustment tho.

However, If Anet has it in the budget, I’m cool with putting this in.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

A fair compromise would be to add an account bound superior runes of agony resist that is only sold by a vendor inside FoTM that require a mastery. They should cost a hefty amount of relics and/or stabilized matrices. These would replace your regular runes and thus making Ascended still a goal to reach to enhance your combat abilities.

(1): +3 Agony Resists
(2): +5 Agony Resists
(3): +7 Agony Resists
(4): +9 Agony Resists
(5): +11 Agony Resists
(6): +13 Agony Resists

The total is a fair 48 AR, and they cannot stack with Simple Versatile Infusions on any piece of armor. Weapons and trinkets infusions still work. A good example for price would be 375 Relics + 35 Stabilized Matrices each for a total of 2,250 Relics and 210 Stabilized Matrices, a fair price that can be reasonably reached on your way up and not too easy as an alternative to save gold.

This would be just like the magic find armor fiasco we had in the past, so NO THX YOU !

Instead,

Make it an account unlock thing just like they did with magic find, consuming +1 agony infusions to upgrade to higher agony, there problem solved.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

STIHL.2489

This would be just like the magic find armor fiasco we had in the past, so NO THX YOU !

Instead,

Make it an account unlock thing just like they did with magic find, consuming +1 agony infusions to upgrade to higher agony, there problem solved.

And feed these kinds of topics even more?

No thanks.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Instead,

No thanks.

that has nothing to do with what I proposed !

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

STIHL.2489

Instead,

No thanks.

that has nothing to do with what I proposed !

Making AR account bound will just inspire more people to bring their up-levels to try and do higher level fractals. If that was not your goal, then your idea is bad, if that was your goal, then great idea.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Making AR account bound will just inspire more people to bring their up-levels to try and do higher level fractals.

AR is basically account bound.

Most of the AR comes from ascended trinkets and back-item which can be swapped freely between all chars. Weapons and armor are not completely free swappable but can normally be used by a few chars.

STIHL.2489

Making AR account bound will just inspire more people to bring their up-levels to try and do higher level fractals.

AR is basically account bound.

Most of the AR comes from ascended trinkets and back-item which can be swapped freely between all chars. Weapons and armor are not completely free swappable but can normally be used by a few chars.

Ascended Weapons and Armor are Soulbound on Equip, but that is Irrelevant.

What is Relevant is that Ascended Gear requires a Character to be 80th level to equip, and thus eliminating Problems like People wanting to bring their Up Leveled Characters to do 100th Level Fractals from happening.

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

No. They are not.

What is Relevant is that Ascended Gear requires a Character to be 80th level to equip, and thus eliminating Problems like People wanting to bring their Up Leveled Characters to do 100th Level Fractals from happening.

Nobody said anything about 100. At least the op did not, I stopped reading after everybody just wrote the same stuff again and again

STIHL.2489

No. They are not.

I stand corrected.

Nobody said anything about 100. At least the op did not, I stopped reading after everybody just wrote the same stuff again and again

Only a matter of time before it gets there, and as you said, AR is already “account bound”, so there is no need to change things.