Supportthread for a dungeonteam.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Show your support here. Keep it on topic and civil.

If there’s one thing that I find lacking currently is that the rest of the dungeons have not been revamped or new content added. I mean dungeons, not Fractals. I know they are on the way.

That still leaves us without a dungeon team. It seems that all of the attention has been shifted onto the Living Story, we’ll have to see how that turns out.

In the meantime, show your support here for a (new) dungeon team.

We want it, hell, we need it!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

Here is a thread from the SPVP forums yelling doom and gloom because they havent had a mod post in 8 days… enjoy

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/8-days-without/page/2#post2736852

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

How do you support something that doesn’t exist?

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Direksone.3867

To show that there is a demand for it and hopefully change their mind. Negativity won’t do anything.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

1 bit of solid dungeon content in over a year is pretty terrible IMO.. but the temporary dungeons were encouraging it’s a shame we couldn’t keep them. Not expecting any beefy content for us dungeon lovers any time soon though..

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Better yet, how do you support something that won’t exist.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Why so gloomy? We got new exciting features coming very soon!

Direksone.3867

Always great feedback and full of good suggestions Swift. Great.

swiftpaw.6397

Always great feedback and full of good suggestions Swift. Great.

Any time my friend

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Not to get off topic but isn’t that what religions do? :p

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I know, it’s been 2 months and it’s perfectly normal to feel a bit anxious after that length of time.

Truthfully, though, they would’ve had to of been nearly completed with something by the time they mentioned that design direction shift in order for you to see something on live before now. MMO Builds get locked down at least a week in advance, things get tested and refined for weeks before that, things take weeks to build initially, and then things get discussed before they even start building… The turn-around on anything worth doing is agggggeeesssss.

If they’re really sticking to transparency, we’ll have a lot of time to twiddle our thumbs between the moment something is said and when you start seeing it appear.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Scarlet invades TA, TA now infested with nightmare court as well as aetherblades. Time gated events increases speedclear time to 27 minutes minimum. Final chest has a .02 droprate for an exotic, account-bound Scarlet mini. Daily bonus gold increased to 1.75G per path. TA reverts to normal after next Living Story update in two weeks.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Vox Hollow.2736

I think that’s a valid concern worth voicing in light of previous updates, and one I personally share.

To be fair, though, Colin did jump at danged near every opportunity to slide the word ‘permanent’ into conversation I linked.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

You, sir, deserve a Internet Point.

Wear it with proud.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If it was at all possible, and Anet still had full control of what they’re allowed to allot resources to…. I’d love to see them pressured into taking on a bunch of volunteers/interns from the dungeon community (who’ve actually built levels in Source/UE3) … The playerbase could fund the food&board of those volunteers directly through Crowdsourcing infact. I’d volunteer myself even though I hate the weather up in Seattle…

Bismuth.3165

You don’t want to get into a religious argument with me mate, I’ll win…

Warcry.1596

I’m sure you would if you’re arguing that there is no God.

Bismuth.3165

100g says I can prove that there is a 99% chance that god exists (can’t make it a 100 unless I actually show you god which I can’t) and since I have to look at 600 pages for the verses that I know are there but to prove to you are there I have to know where they are so I don’t want to do it for free, you can rot in hell for all I care…
lets make a bet, anyone who wants to join just quote this sentence and say which side you’re on and how much you’re betting.

Direksone.3867

100g says I can prove that there is a 99% chance that god exists (can’t make it a 100 unless I actually show you god which I can’t) and since I have to look at 600 pages for the verses that I know are there but to prove to you are there I have to know where they are so I don’t want to do it for free, you can rot in hell for all I care…
lets make a bet, anyone who wants to join just quote this sentence and say which side you’re on and how much you’re betting.

Oh for the love of God stay on topic! (See what I did there? I used the Lords name in vain).

Anyway. Colin also said that the changes made to dungeons would only be done if it made sense lore wise. How in the hell will they achieve that with the current LS<.<.

Warcry.1596

I’d love to talk about this, but this isn’t the place to do it, I added you to friends so we can talk there if you’d like!

Bismuth.3165

1- Oh for the love of God stay on topic! (See what I did there? I used the Lords name in vain).

2-Anyway. Colin also said that the changes made to dungeons would only be done if it made sense lore wise. How in the hell will they achieve that with the current LS<.<.

1-I’m muslim, you can use the lord’s name in vain as much as you like as long as you don’t swear at him or use it to to make your statements appear more credible.

2- Scarlet fails invasion and dies, nightmare tree resurrects scarlet and uses her to make another army and start another invasion, changing the whole TA F/U path that people are complaining about.

@warcry, yes or no to the 100g bet? and are you EU or NA? and I don’t think I can login soon, maybe monday, so let’s I’ll send messages if you’re not online

Direksone.3867

Thanks bro for turning a GW2 Dungeon thread into a religious ‘thing’. Please take your business elsewhere. Like in the Mosque.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I always thought Bismuth was on the dumb side, he came out and proved it today.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Bismuth.3165

Thanks bro for turning a GW2 Dungeon thread into a religious ‘thing’. Please take your business elsewhere. Like in the Mosque.

1- I’m not the one that started that argument
2- You didn’t seem to mind when people were applauding his statement (maybe you were offline, so 2 isn’t really valid)
3- More people posting in this thread shows that it’s a hot topic and I’m keeping it at the top of the dungeon section, thus having an argument here somewhat supports this thread.
4- Some of the posts here are replies to my post “How do you support something that doesn’t exist,” thus being as useless as this argument to your topic but very entertaining to read.
5- Sorry, but I was just defending my side of the argument, I’m sorry if you were somehow offended…

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Oh you’ve gone and done it now Warcry
Bismuth for the sake of retaining any Internet respect you may or may not have left, I beg you to stop. This sub-forum is a cruel and unforgiving lot when people disagree with us, and that isn’t magically going to stop even if the topic changes.

Back on topic, I just keep telling myself that dungeons would get even more broken if a dungeon team were added. Like fixing things that aren’t broken, ignoring the things that are, etc etc. I mean the crew who revamped AC did a good job IMO (conflicted feelings about path 2) but AC was close to the end on my list of dungeons that needed fixing. It was the perfect starter dungeon that coddled the low level newbies, who now have to wait until CoF to experience what should be their first dungeon.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Oh come on now, it was a funny remark. You didn’t have to take the bait like Norgu does when he smells deserts. Lets keep religion out of this, please. (Besides, everyone knows Grenth is real)

Anyway, if they do decide to work on the dungeons, I hope they take a lot of time to do it properly. Preferably I’d like to see them put some people on it who have been responsible for some of the best PVE content we’ve had so far (like the people that worked on SAB, and Molten Facility, because I enjoyed both a lot). Rather than redoing the existing dungeons (which I hope they do eventually), I’m really keeping my fingers crossed for a brand new large end game dungeon, that adds longer life to this game. Something like the Underworld, with unique rewards, collectable armor, and an epic end boss. I’m fine with them putting a whole team on that, and taking their sweet time to polish it to perfection.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Warcry.1596

Whoa, all I did was make a comment in a comedic way, or… I was trying to, then Bismuth responded, I didn’t mean to do that, I will now take it to PM’s with Bismuth about this… sorry everyone

Bismuth.3165

dolan, do you think I would’ve started this argument if I knew that I wouldn’t win, add me and I’ll send you proof, but prepare a 100g. and guys, I won’t give any proof until someone says that he is going to give me a 100g if I prove that there is a 99% chance that god exists and don’t give me any BS like “that’s only 80% convincing and what not.”
“If you’re good at something, never do it for free,” Joker
PS: sorry direk, but they started -_-
PPS: I’m a very poor person ingame, so I need to use other ways than farming or selling arah spots to make money…

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Stop trolling. Neither side can win that arguement. Get out of the thread.

Would love dungeons to have a dedicated team again. Just hope they avoid timegating stuff because that really does annoy me.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

but what if I’m only 98% sure after hearing you out

or what if you go above and beyond and I end up at 101%, do I owe you some money back?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

dolan, do you think I would’ve started this argument if I knew that I wouldn’t win, add me and I’ll send you proof, but prepare a 100g. and guys, I won’t give any proof until someone says that he is going to give me a 100g if I prove that there is a 99% chance that god exists and don’t give me any BS like “that’s only 80% convincing and what not.”
“If you’re good at something, never do it for free,” Joker
PS: sorry direk, but they started -_-

omg lol this is hilarious. inb4 Ray Comfort style arguments.

God touched him as a child. He has the mark to prove it.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I sense foul play.

Bismuth.3165

All you guys are doing right now is just writing BS and nobody is stepping up, if you’re so sure I’m wrong why don’t you say you’ll give me the 100g if I prove I’m right?

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

this thread turned out better then my wildest dreams

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

swiftpaw.6397

All you guys are doing right now is just writing BS and nobody is stepping up, if you’re so sure I’m wrong why don’t you say you’ll give me the 100g if I prove I’m right?

Have you ever heard of pigeon chess?

Bismuth.3165

is 100g too much, I mean, you’re betting on whether what believe in is right or wrong, anything under a 100g is an offence to that belief…

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Poor Robert Hrouda.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Bismuth.3165

Hm… fine, screw the 100g, you guys are too smart to take the bait, and I’m too clueless to notice… do you still want proof or not, it’s a not so long read?
PS: robert hrouda left a while ago, he doesn’t work for anet anymore.

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

swiftpaw.6397

Hm… fine, screw the 100g, you guys are too smart to take the bait, and I’m too clueless to notice… do you still want proof or not, it’s a not so long read?
PS: robert hrouda left a while ago, he doesn’t work for anet anymore.

Entertain me.

swiftpaw.6397

I got sent a bunch of quran verses….

Back to the OP I suppose…
Hrouda is gone and it’s looking more and more like living story is the new and only thing until there is an expansion of some kind. There’s no money in permanent token dungeons but there’s plenty in temporary crap.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Warcry.1596

Swift don’t be disrespectful… while I disagree with him about it being “proof”, he has the right to feel that way, respect him for his beliefs and respectfully disagree

swiftpaw.6397

Swift don’t be disrespectful… while I disagree with him about it being “proof”, he has the right to feel that way, respect him for his beliefs and respectfully disagree

I respect him, I just don’t respect what he thinks. Thoughts and ideas should never be on a pillar above criticism or satire. He’s welcome to believe what he wants that’s fine. But parading it around like he’s 100% right and betting money on it.. well that’s just an invitation for disrespect of those beliefs.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Bismuth.3165

But it is proof… “goes and cries in the corner”

swiftpaw.6397

But it is proof… “goes and cries in the corner”

You and I view proof in different ways. You are welcome to believe what you do, but I cannot accept what you said as legitimate evidence. It’s not worth the argument, as I said earlier.

Warcry.1596

To put it bluntly, when someone tells me their religious book offers proof of a higher being, I just compare it to a comic book, where: "because <holy book> is proof that <higher being> exists, then The Amazing Spider-Man comic books are proof that Spider Man exists.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Soup is good food, you made a good meal.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

swiftpaw.6397

Soup is good food, you made a good meal.

Feed me T_T

Bismuth.3165

To put it bluntly, when someone tells me their religious book offers proof of a higher being, I just compare it to a comic book, where: "because <holy book> is proof that <higher being> exists, then The Amazing Spider-Man comic books are proof that Spider Man exists.

But then how am I supposed to prove that god exists if you won’t take valid scientific facts from quran as proof?
Even I know that little pictures of fish with the word allah on them are very invalid, and I can’t show you god, nor can I make a miracle, you think I’d be on gw2 forum if I could, nor can i say very touching and moving stories that’s probably not true and show you that god exists, what you guys are doing right now is like telling an atheist to prove that god doesn’t exist and explain how everyone and everything was created without using science.

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

swiftpaw.6397

If I came up to you and said, "Why don’t you believe I can fly?” You’d say, “Why would I?” I’d reply, “Because it’s a matter of faith.”
If I then said, “Prove I can’t fly. Prove I can’t fly see, see, you can’t prove it can you?”
You’d probably either walk away, call security or throw me out of the window and shout, ‘’F—ing fly then you lunatic.”

-Ricky Gervais.