Supportthread for a dungeonteam.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If I came up to you and said, "Why don’t you believe I can fly?” You’d say, “Why would I?” I’d reply, “Because it’s a matter of faith.”
If I then said, “Prove I can’t fly. Prove I can’t fly see, see, you can’t prove it can you?”
You’d probably either walk away, call security or throw me out of the window and shout, ‘’F—ing fly then you lunatic.”

-Ricky Gervais.

Brilliant!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

“People posting on this forum section are so f***ed up.” Ricky Martin.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

If I came up to you and said, "Why don’t you believe I can fly?” You’d say, “Why would I?” I’d reply, “Because it’s a matter of faith.”
If I then said, “Prove I can’t fly. Prove I can’t fly see, see, you can’t prove it can you?”
You’d probably either walk away, call security or throw me out of the window and shout, ‘’F—ing fly then you lunatic.”

-Ricky Gervais.

You do have a valid point,but the verses I showed you prove that the quran wrote about the big bang theory and the world being round 1400 years ago when nobody could’ve ever came to any of these conclusions, how do you explain that? there are also more scientific facts from the quran and islam is a religion that encourages people to learn and discover.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

“Kittens ain’t trains but boats and plains” – Morgan Freeman

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

There is plenty of valid prediction and scientific fact located in the pages of the Holy Qur’an. As stated in Surah 55, verse 33:

“O assembly of warriors and guardians, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and Arah explorable mode, then prostrate them! You will not penetrate them save with DPS builds.”

Retired. Too many casuals.

Bismuth.3165

There is plenty of valid prediction and scientific fact located in the pages of the Holy Qur’an. As stated in Surah 55, verse 33:

“O assembly of warriors and guardians, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and Arah explorable mode, then prostrate them! You will not penetrate them save with DPS builds.”

I do get it’s a joke and you’re just messing around with no bad intentions but please don’t cross that line again, I treat you guys with respect, hope you can do the same.
and like I told swift, this is just a plain old religion argument and there will be no hard feeling as long you don’t cross that line.

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

-Ricky Gervais.

You do have a valid point,but the verses I showed you prove that the quran wrote about the big bang theory and the world being round 1400 years ago when nobody could’ve ever came to any of these conclusions, how do you explain that? there are also more scientific facts from the quran and islam is a religion that encourages people to learn and discover.

I’m not going to get into an argument that never ends. But as for my reasons. I could say all kinds of whack stuff right now and document it and then in a couple hundred years, by chance it could turn out to be scientifically true. Not only this, but what if your interpretation of what is written is not correct? What if they meant something completely different but you pulled it out and construed it to fit in with current scientific knowledge.

‘Bananas fit perfectly into a human’s hand. Therefore they were intelligently designed by god for human consumption.’ – Ray Comfort.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I am now a believer

get it

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Broadicea.8294

uh actually I have extremely bad intentions

Bismuth.3165

I’m not going to get into an argument that never ends. But as for my reasons. I could say all kinds of whack stuff right now and document it and then in a couple hundred years, by chance it could turn out to be scientifically true. Not only this, but what if your interpretation of what is written is not correct? What if they meant something completely different but you pulled it out and construed it to fit in with current scientific knowledge.

‘Bananas fit perfectly into a human’s hand. Therefore they were intelligently designed by god for human consumption.’ – Ray Comfort.

another valid point, but it doesn’t make my point any less invalid, the one that says the world is round is pretty straightforward, the one about the big bang theory I can see your point, but saying the “earth and the skies were combined so we split them up” is pretty kitten close to the big bang theory and how lucky could he have been for this statement to be true.

swiftpaw.6397

another valid point, but it doesn’t make my point any less invalid, the one that says the world is round is pretty straightforward, the one about the big bang theory I can see your point, but saying the “earth and the skies were combined so we split them up” is pretty kitten close to the big bang theory and how lucky could he have been for this statement to be true.

This is where we will probably agree to disagree. It’s going into the realm of how we personally perceive and interpret things.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Have my +1, o haunting demon.

Bismuth.3165

@swift
I should’ve prepared more, but then again, you don’t really make my argument invalid but I’m not making it strong enough to be valid, it’s based on views and what we want to believe, you say he could’ve been lucky and got those statements close enough to sound like scientific facts, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not god who said them, and like I said before, I’ll make it a 99% chance since even I’m not certain that god exists, but whenever I doubt my religion I think, if I’m right, I go to heaven, If I’m wrong, well, it was my life and I had fun…

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Broadicea.8294

unless you picked wrong, then the real god is going to be super mad

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

> if I’m right, I go to heaven,

I knew that type of reasoning had to do with it, but you’re one of the few willing to admit it. Still, weakling.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Bismuth.3165

unless you picked wrong, then the real god is going to be super mad

I thought about that for a while, then I realized that Islam believes in Jesus and in Moses and in all prophets, and that there are scientific mistakes in other religion books, not saying Christianity is not a religion, just saying that the in the Christianity Muslims believe in they didn’t worship Jesus, Jesus was a prophet, and Jesus isn’t dead, he’s in heaven, long story and too complicated to explain, also, Islam has everything covered, you can believe that, it has everything covered down to when you have to knock at your parent’s room before entering (when I was a kid, I asked my mum why at those times and she said because we might be “changing”, now I get it and is scarred for life.)
@nikaido, I’m not going to apologise for not wanting to risk an eternity burning in hell.
We also believe that the real books of other religions are all gone and what remains now are fakes written by people, not god, and that we should only follow Quran. (maybe 1 or 2 of them remain but you’ll probably never know)

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Broadicea.8294

Jesus? Son, I’m talking about the One True God, Baphomet the Unclean

spoj.9672

I fear for your soul if you dont praise Baphomet.

Broadicea.8294

how has this entire thread not been infracted into the abyss yet lol

spoj.9672

Probably because the mods fear Baphomets wrath.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

HAIL BAPHOMET

get it

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Science… Qu’ran …

Is this guy for real?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Bismuth.3165

The argument ended with me not winning but not losing… meh, I’ll take it.

Let the “I leave for 1 day and this happens” posts begin

swiftpaw.6397

The argument ended with me not winning but not losing… meh, I’ll take it.

Let the “I leave for 1 day and this happens” posts begin

That’s your perception. It ended because I know a good game of pigeon chess when I see it and I’m not bothered to continue. You believing what you want doesn’t affect me so I’ll leave you to it.

By morning the mods will be here. Gotta go back an delete anything they may interpret in even the slightest way as ‘offensive’ or we’ll be in for a ’paddling.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Bismuth.3165

That’s your perception. It ended because I know a good game of pigeon chess when I see it and I’m not bothered to continue. You believing what you want doesn’t affect me so I’ll leave you to it.

I never claimed victory, I didn’t say BS to whatever argument you made, I had proof and we were arguing whether it was valid or not, come on, I rate atleast a smart monkey

swiftpaw.6397

I never claimed victory, I didn’t say BS to whatever argument you made, I had proof and we were arguing whether it was valid or not, come on, I rate atleast a smart monkey

Correct, you did not claim victory. But you wont be swayed from what you believe regardless. It’s not my job to do it either. I felt the need to explain why I cannot take what was presented to me as real proof and that’s as far as I feel like going.

Bismuth.3165

Correct, you did not claim victory. But you wont be swayed from what you believe regardless.

One does not simply change what he believes in because of a forum argument.
that applies to everyone in here and I can’t provide certain proof that god exists (which I said at the beginning) and you won’t accept any proof unless it’s certain.

swiftpaw.6397

Correct, you did not claim victory. But you wont be swayed from what you believe regardless.

One does not simply change what he believes in because of a forum argument.
that applies to everyone in here and I can’t provide certain proof that god exists (which I said at the beginning) and you won’t accept any proof unless it’s certain.

Eh that’s just how I am. I’m not gonna sit on a freshly painted park bench until I’m certain the paint is dry.

Bismuth.3165

Eh that’s just how I am. I’m not gonna sit on a freshly painted park bench until I’m certain the paint is dry.

And there is nothing wrong with that
Think we should end this argument, now we’re just repeating our points over and over again and it’s never going to end, I leave you the last statement, write whatever you want since I have nothing else to say.

swiftpaw.6397

And there is nothing wrong with that
Think we should end this argument, now we’re just repeating our points over and over again and it’s never going to end, I leave you the last statement, write whatever you want since I have nothing else to say.

I get to say the last thing?!?!? :O

Ok here goes. As my official closing statement to this thread I would like to say…

Purple monkey cow tit dishwasher sausage grass potato flowers. Let us all mull this over respectfully as we watch this thread die at the hands of a [edit] kind and loving forum mod.

http://youtu.be/yPLcZ5Rk3Lg

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Oh lawd, I missed a pretty sweet thread…

It was Baphomet’s will for me not to participate I guess. He works in mysterious ways, our goat overlord…

All hail Baphomet,

get it

(P.S.: Bismuth, you have to realize we don’t have to respect your beliefs. I for one respect the fact that you can believe whatever you want, but I don’t have to respect the thing you believe. It’s freedom of choice, but if I told you I sincerely believed that the world was being ruled by a giant Goat-man called Baphomet, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t respect that belief either.)

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Spiderman lives in New York. The comics say so. New York exists. There for, Spiderman exists and everything in the comics is true.

Doesn’t the Quran also state that Mohammed split the moon in two, while riding a flying horse?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Well this escalated quickly.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

is this real mecca?

Bismuth.3165

(P.S.: Bismuth, you have to realize we don’t have to respect your beliefs. I for one respect the fact that you can believe whatever you want, but I don’t have to respect the thing you believe. It’s freedom of choice, but if I told you I sincerely believed that the world was being ruled by a giant Goat-man called Baphomet, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t respect that belief either.)

I’m not asking you to respect it, just don’t curse it, and I do respect whatever anyone believes in, but like you said, I don’t always take it seriously.

@mad queen, it says judgement day is close and the moon is split, and there was no flying horse mentioned or that prophet mohammad did it, however, it talked about the big bang theory, so for 1350 years people thought quran had wrong scientific information, lets wait for a while…
PS: I secretly hope spiderman is real…

spoj.9672

You cant tell us not to curse it. We are free to curse whatever we want. People who take offense or are bothered by what others say or think really make me laugh.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

This thread… If the master of lists ‘Wukunlin’ were here I’d ask him to compile all the threads that stayed on topic. To be honest… I think he’d have a hard time.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

spoj.9672

This is the stay off topic sub forum.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

@mad queen, it says judgement day is close and the moon is split, and there was no flying horse mentioned or that prophet mohammad did it, however, it talked about the big bang theory, so for 1350 years people thought quran had wrong scientific information, lets wait for a while…

So what you are basically saying, is that it was wrong. Because we are still here, so clearly judgement day wasn’t close. And the moon most definitely was never split.

See, you can claim something, and then later on it can turn out to be either true or false (especially if you pick and choose, and ignore the stuff that was blatantly wrong). But never the less, if your evidence for this claim was rubbish, or none existent, then you were still wrong to make that assumption.

If someone steals my cookies, and I point at Norgu and say “he did”, because he has a funny dress…. then that’s a poor form of reasoning, even if later on it turns out Norgu did indeed steal my cookies. I would never the less not have been correct in my way of thinking. And people would be wrong to start using my “funny dress” process as a reliable means of finding cookie thieves.

It’s also pretty easy to make any prophecy come true, hundreds of years after someone made a vague claim. You can slap just anything on it and say: “See, this proves they knew this scientific theory”. No they didn’t. You just found something that sounds similar, and wanted it to be a true prediction.

Sorry for getting dragged along with this derailment, but I just had to respond.

swiftpaw.6397

You know why, Bright? Because no one has flagged anything. It’s beautiful.

Bright.9160

Yeah, I figured as much. It’s so beautiful though, people not caring.

Also, props to Bismuth for not flagging stuff. I can imagine some of the things said here could have been somewhat insulting.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Maybe we should fill the first page with TAFU again.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

swiftpaw.6397

Yeah, I figured as much. It’s so beautiful though, people not caring.

Also, props to Bismuth for not flagging stuff. I can imagine some of the things said here could have been somewhat insulting.

I am really quite impressed by Bismuth because he takes all of this very well. +1 respect.

Bright.9160

Nah, we’ve been bombarded with more ‘ehrmergurd, skipping is evil’ threads than TAFU. If we need to liberate anything on the frontpage, it should be how skipping is literally worse than hitler.

spoj.9672

I concur.

Broadicea.8294

I wanted to do a devpost liberation but no one seemed to want to join in

Bright.9160

Lol, do you think there are enough threads on the forum to necro in order to get a full liberation?

Not to mention, the task of going through all the pages in order to do so…

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I am really quite impressed by Bismuth because he takes all of this very well. +1 respect.

Well unless he’s trolling. I still can’t tell if he’s actually serious. :S

spoj.9672

I know its hard to grasp but some people really dont use logic.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

If only I saved my post where I explained how the mods deal with flagged posts on this forum.

Edit: I really, really hate being the first post on a new page. The pressure is overwhelming >.<

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)