Swamp Fractal = The final straw.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Halagaz.6085

Halagaz.6085

If there is something that this particular room is about it is clearly not about luck, since you have to avoid most of the traps and learn the paths you can make. Once you learned them it is usually easy for your group to finish it, at lv7+, even a pug will manage it before the 3rd attempt.

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

Nobody’s talking about “with a good group.” We;re talking about how to complete it with the worst possible collection of misanthropes one can find. What so you do then, without losing any progress you’ve made to that point? It’s poor strategy to always hope for the best possible set-up.

what the kitten am i reading? if your group so bad than you shouldnt be able to finish. there is a reward in the end, and i dont see any reason in rewarding bad players.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Easiest fractal in the game by FAR. Takes no time at all.

This.
After level 10 you will LOVE it.

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

The first time I did it, with myself and 4 others who had only read about it and not run it, it was frustrating and took about 40 minutes to complete this part. However, if you’ve got 3 people in your team who’ve run this a few times, you should have absolutely no problem. My groups usually manage it on the second or third try now.

You do not need mesmers or anything like that. Runners just need to know where the traps are, know what to do if a wall pops in front of them, and bring condition removal or stun breakers in case of accidents. A bit of swiftness helps too but is not at all necessary. The drake and spider paths are incredibly easy – you don’t even need to jump, you can just walk around the couple of traps in your way.

For those saying that the swamp fractal unfairly relies on getting a team of decent players – can you not just join multiple guilds, and/or make friends with some good players on your server? There is nothing random about joining a guild or making friends. Are people really upset that there is content which can’t just be zerged by five idiots?

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Easiest path in the entire dungeon.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

1) all traps can be jumped over and are predictable in the nature of where they are placed… if you still fail to see them then jump all the time and avoid 95% of them with just the use of the space bar
2) you could dodge through traps too, or to save a few seconds when rolling forward or to avoid some mobs

If what you say is true then the groups I have been in are bugged. Traps cannot be dodge-rolled through (tried that, ended up crippled and on the floor); traps cannot be jumped over (tried that, ended up crippled and on the floor). I hasten to add that this isn’t just me, every member of the groups had the same issues.

Nice that people are suggesting that those of us who dislike this fractal have no skill. This either suggests that the rest of the fractals require zero skill to complete (because I rather enjoy the others), or that they are the sole arbiters of what is or isn’t fun.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

As a guardian it’s really easy, just use your 2 run skills + stand your ground, I guess very class have some tricks, like mesmers, warriors etc….

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

I’ve tried this one with a static group on voice comms who don’t drool on their computers. Without one of the two classes with portal abilities, this is only completable through sheer luck.

In a game that claims to have classes highly flexible in the roles they can fill, it’s just plain stupid to make one of the “Paths” of this dungeon 100% dependent on having the right classes in the group.

That said, I’ve found that for the most part, the Fractals dungeon as a whole fails in its objective of being fun. This joke of a Fractal, players who DC can’t get back in and are just screwed (and leave the group short a player), group can’t leave to pick up replacement manpower if needed…

Completed without Mesmers or Elementals.
Only Swiftness from my Shouts and one of us (me) keeping mobs at bay (kiting).
We were all on voice and counted 3-2-1 to start running.

P.S.: People you play with have to be wary of traps or have stability.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: Ditrah.5128

Ditrah.5128

Find thisone fast and easy for the most part being a ranger. But even with 3 warriors in the party it’s more then doable.
These dungeons are suposed to be and get harder, not everything is ment to be done with a pug-group without communication. You can’t blame the game if you are stuck in a group that don’t understand you or can’t follow simple comands. Talk to people before you go in.. You know this can take some time so make it easier on yourself. Make sure you add good players to your friendslist(and people on the same steps)and get a likeminded guild. Not like there are not plenty of guilds around to do these runs with. Guilds that are actively working with leveling their members up throug dungeon-steps so there are more people for the harder ones.
Plenty of tactics you can use, such as baite, minesweeper and timing. I don’t see why people are so uppset over having to use the enviorment to make it work, it’s not a new concept in mmo’s. To have to acctually take 2 seconds before you start; for the group to talk through and change skills and roles, depending on what fractal you are doing. What I read is that zerg is fun and if it dosent come with a manuall on how to do it, it’s incomprehensible.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

never had a problem with this, just support your runners.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

what the kitten am i reading? if your group so bad than you shouldnt be able to finish. there is a reward in the end, and i dont see any reason in rewarding bad players.

Neither do I, but I can’t think of any way to only reward the good players and not reward the bad, and if the game has to err on one side or the other, I would rather it err on rewarding the good players in a bad group than on punishing the bad players in a bad group.

This.
After level 10 you will LOVE it.

Maybe so, but I’d have to get to level 10 first, which doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon when my parties keep collapsing halfway through each cycle because most of the layers with any clue are doing those level 10+ fractals you praise so much. If the game were designed to let you jump into whichever fractal level you wanted from the start then this wouldn’t be a problem, but you have to slog through the first nine tiers before running lvl10 ones, so the frustration level of those early tiers matters too.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

At first I hated the swamp. Then finally figured out the mechanics and got past it.
I love that there are things in the game to challenge me as a player. I want more things like this.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Give me all the other Fractals no problem can do them fine without dying. The Swampland one I and many others that I group up with decide to restart. The other thread that someone linked too had people wanting it harder? O.o What’s worse is the positive feedback is the only thing the designer bothered to respond to. This is why potentially great games fall. The vocal minority…

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

Id just like to say I think the Swamp fractal is brilliant. Easy and Fun mechanics. If you struggle with this or your members do – up your game, change utilities for condition removal, speed increases and stability and also replace the idiots as these are severely lacking if you struggle here.

If you cant do any of these things then you need to face facts, that you are a below average player and you should not expect to be rewarded. Or the dungeons made easier, so you can roll your face on the keyboard while fapping over the purple text your getting from the dailies.

Next thing people will be complaining they cant do 50+ in full berserker gear with no agony resistance.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com