Swamp - Not worth the aggravation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This fractal used to be great! It was nice and fast for a daily. I do agree, that “cheesing” the Mossman needed to be fixed, and I hated being in groups that did that!

But you’ve gone from one extreme to another. You taken an easy fractal and made it way, WAY too difficult.

Yes, I know it’s doable, but not all of us are fortunate to have friends to premake a good group, and lets face it most pugs aren’t up to the challenge or rage-quit after one mistake/wipe.

Firstly, the wolf damage on the Mossman fight needs a severe nerf! If you want us to kill a group of wolves, then don’t make them 1 hit you!

Secondly, the entire Bloomhunger fight needs a serious nerf. The sheer damage you need to survive is rediculous. Maybe if you give us all 100k hp we can do it with pugs, otherwise you’ll just have to nerf it.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Not to be snarky, but you can play a lower tier swamp if it’s too hard for you.

Most pug groups I’ve played with are able to beat t4 swamp.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

This thread is the exact reason I oppose to easy mode raids, give people a easy mode and they’ll complain hard mode is hard.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Oiii come on now……mossman has the health of a mob now, even if wolves are annoying they can be kited + mossman just dies too fast to make wolves relevant.

As for bloomhunger, the break bar is surprisingly small, a single chrono,war or rev can probably break it by themselves. Health on bloomhunger has also been gutted unless thats the toughness scaling not existing anymore that makes it go down so fast.

Mobs during onslaught phase are also glass, they die to a few autoattacks and the aoe condi bombs are fewer and easier to avoid than b4 and poison flowers have been reduced drastically. As for the wisp phase, if the group didnt bother to set personal wp’s then it deserves a wipe.

After this fractal got nerfed it became easier than a lot of other t4 fractals.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I wonder how all those whiners are actually playing fractals. Blindfolded with one hand tied behind their back (or to something else that’s not mouse and keyboard)? Bloomy does not require anything but a minimal amount of attention. His deadly attacks have clear and rather long windup times, so you can usually simply walk out. If dodges are needed, you have plenty due to the wisp regeneration buff. Trash in the onslaught phase dies from a few autoattacks.

So wtf is supposed to be difficult about swampland? Paying a little bit of attention for a few minutes? Very demanding …

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I wonder how all those whiners are actually playing fractals. Blindfolded with one hand tied behind their back (or to something else that’s not mouse and keyboard)? Bloomy does not require anything but a minimal amount of attention. His deadly attacks have clear and rather long windup times, so you can usually simply walk out. If dodges are needed, you have plenty due to the wisp regeneration buff. Trash in the onslaught phase dies from a few autoattacks.

So wtf is supposed to be difficult about swampland? Paying a little bit of attention for a few minutes? Very demanding …

They are watching netflix on their main monitor.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I’ll answer that. My necro has 32k hp, and bloomhunger was still able to oneshot me in scale 89. And it does a lot of 24k+ hits. Which I think is complete BS.

My problem isnt his mechanics. Those are easy. My problem is that even with a tanky build his numbers are way too overtuned. But perhaps its my fault for not kicking the garbage condi necro’s that were in squad. Who knows.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

I’ll answer that. My necro has 32k hp, and bloomhunger was still able to oneshot me in scale 89. And it does a lot of 24k+ hits. Which I think is complete BS.

My problem isnt his mechanics. Those are easy. My problem is that even with a tanky build his numbers are way too overtuned. But perhaps its my fault for not kicking the garbage condi necro’s that were in squad. Who knows.

Definitely, it’s the fault of all those elitist zerk/viper players, running glassy builds!
Zerkers, stop ruining fractals with your need to dodge attacks and all that!

CptAurellian.9537

If his few and obvious attacks weren’t deadly, he’d be just another trash mob. Actually, he almost is, since it’s incredibly easy to avoid them. No need to get hit at all and if you do, it’s a sure sign you’ve kittened up something.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

And dont you see a problem with the fact that many glassy people have no pb with this fractal, while you’re dying as a necro with 32k hp? So either you’re a troll, or you need to learn to dodge (not very difficult)

CptAurellian.9537

And dont you see a problem with the fact that many glassy people have no pb with this fractal, while you’re dying as a necro with 32k hp? So either you’re a troll, or you need to learn to dodge (not very difficult)

Surprisingly many people seem not to know that a dodge button exists. Had a necro in my swamp run yesterday who managed to go down in approximately every second charge. Guess he only survived the others because they didn’t go in his direction. And that’s a kind of player I regularly encounter when swamp is daily.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

They’ve already neutered bloomy. Leave the poor oakheart alone.

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

My guess is with 32k hp you haven’t developed the old “Oh Sh#!” space+dodge flip.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

OP, just no. The new swamp revamped (+the nerf), is pretty easy. All you have to do is be mindful of your surroundings and dodge. The “green” circle area helps you regen your endurance, so you shouldn’t be running out of dodges.

If you’re not confident in melee, ranging also helps.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

Try dodging, watching his attacks and not clicking your skills.

If you’ve made it to T4 without these abilities, you’ve been the bane of a lot of pugs. Please don’t be so inconsiderate.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’d rather do swamp than cliffside or thaumanova any day.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

>the mechanics are easy
>I die to him with a 32k necro who also has access to shroud

pal, the problem is you, not the fight. Get better at the game and learn to use the dodge button at the right time. Bloomhunger got even easier with the removal of lethargic as you have normal endurance regen everywhere now and double that inside the wisp fields. That’s before anything else such as vigor you might get from whatever sources.

FrostDraco.8306

>the mechanics are easy

pal, the problem is you, not the fight. Get better at the game and learn to use the dodge button at the right time. Bloomhunger got even easier with the removal of lethargic as you have normal endurance regen everywhere now and double that inside the wisp fields. That’s before anything else such as vigor you might get from whatever sources.

Can’t dodge while I’m knocked down. Can’t use shroud if you get one shot. Endurance regen isn’t even a factor for something you couldn’t dodge.

Did you even read my post? 32k hp in ONE hit. That’s a bit much don’t you think?

But ofc all the idiots will say “just learn to dodge”, or “you have shroud”, as if i dont already kittening know that.

FrostDraco.8306

If you’ve made it to T4 without these abilities, you’ve been the bane of a lot of pugs. Please don’t be so inconsiderate.

Please don’t speak on something you don’t know? I’m one of the few people that pugs every fractal, and often has smooth runs. In fact i spend most of my time explaining to people that pugging fractals is just fine. But of course, it’s easy to dismiss me as someone who has no experience, or is just bad at the game.

I got my fractal personal level to 100 with no help outside of pugs. Got my legendary back, with no help outside of pugs. I literally pug everything. And very rarely am I the ‘bane’, it’s the opposite. Save me the theatrics.

How condescending can you get?

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

Artemis Thuras.8795

>the mechanics are easy

Can’t dodge while I’m knocked down. Can’t use shroud if you get one shot. Endurance regen isn’t even a factor for something you couldn’t dodge.

Did you even read my post? 32k hp in ONE hit. That’s a bit much don’t you think?

But ofc all the idiots will say “just learn to dodge”, or “you have shroud”, as if i dont already kittening know that.

Dodge the knockdown. Simples.

CptAurellian.9537

Nope, it isn’t much in a game where you can negate almost any damage by pressing one button (same for getting knocked down). Also, I don’t know exactly what attack you’re talking of (guess his big circle below 75%), but I wouldn’t mind if that was 500k. Any of his attacks are pretty easy to avoid. If you don’t, it’s the consequence of a pretty big mistake and you may get punished accordingly.

Neither on my guard (12k HP) nor on my mesmer (17k), I have any problems staying alive at bloomy. In the rare case I go down in that fight, I know exactly where I failed. Unnecessary stuff when I didn’t pay attention.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

>the mechanics are easy

Bring a stun break if you know in advance you are not going to dodge.

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

Or just the OP could use a stun break…guess all of these solutions are too hard…

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Or just the OP could use a stun break…guess all of these solutions are too hard…

I agree it’s easy to knock on this guy, but I’ll try to give actual advice.

Plague signet is probably the most useful stun break to bring, if you need one.

Also, you can still go into shroud while knocked down, if you are getting combo’ed.

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

After this fractal got nerfed it became easier than a lot of other t4 fractals.

Yeah, after the recent nerf now it’s enjoyable and not super annoying. I don’t mind it anymore.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Please don’t speak on something you don’t know? I’m one of the few people that pugs every fractal, and often has smooth runs. In fact i spend most of my time explaining to people that pugging fractals is just fine. But of course, it’s easy to dismiss me as someone who has no experience, or is just bad at the game.

I got my fractal personal level to 100 with no help outside of pugs. Got my legendary back, with no help outside of pugs. I literally pug everything. And very rarely am I the ‘bane’, it’s the opposite. Save me the theatrics.

How condescending can you get?

I don’t like blaming people skills, everyone should enjoy a game at their own level, but if you’re going to say you know the fight… im sorry but he’s right.
If everyone is telling you here you only have to dodge there’s a reason. Thats literally all you have to do. I agree it does get trickier if you pug with bad players because you have to rez them and that might not always be easy. But if you’re as good as you claim to be you should never get down with this boss.
Getting knocked down is the result of a mistake, which happens to everyone, but then necro just like every class has stun breaks. When I run as ele i am zerk, so very low hp, and I have my eye of the storm for the fight. You have a lot of hp, you have shroud, you use THE cheesy class for fractals and you get down to that? Then adapt your gameplay. I used necro viper many times against this boss and the couple times I went down was due to my own screw up, no one else to blame but myself.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ever since they removed lethargic, this boss hit the perfect place of difficulty. As a class without vigor, I can take literally zero damage from him the entire fight if I’m playing well, regardless of my HP or build or whatever. The fight rewards skill and punishes making mistakes. The invulnerable phases go by as fast as you can kill the mobs. It’s pretty much my ideal fractal right now, and wouldn’t want it to change.

If you’re struggling with the knockdown dodge timing, bring a stability or a stunbreak on your utility bar to mitigate it. It’s OK to be a little suboptimal if it means you won’t down/die.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

if you still have problems with swamp….

Get a daredevil/tempest and learn to dodge as it and are the 2 classes that force you to l2dodge the best.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

>the mechanics are easy

And what’s the reason for getting knocked down? Exactly, you didn’t dodge in the first place nor did you consider bringing a stunbreak if this is an issue for you. Do you, by any chance, also bring Rise most of the time?

Also, the highest hit from bloom I remember was a 24k crit on my necro, no idea if getting hit for 32k actually happens, but since I don’t remember all damage values I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt with that one, could be possible on 89 I assume.

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

They’ve already neutered bloomy. Leave the poor oakheart alone.

you sure they neutered bloomy? bloomy still acts like a gorilla. bloomy still has the brain of king kong. very scary. but if I remember correctly, the official answer from anet to players is “git gud”.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

But u dont have to “git gud” for a trashmob , and bloomy is after the nerv a trashmob

FrostDraco.8306

>the mechanics are easy

And what’s the reason for getting knocked down? Exactly, you didn’t dodge in the first place nor did you consider bringing a stunbreak if this is an issue for you. Do you, by any chance, also bring Rise most of the time?

Also, the highest hit from bloom I remember was a 24k crit on my necro, no idea if getting hit for 32k actually happens, but since I don’t remember all damage values I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt with that one, could be possible on 89 I assume.

I do in fact use rise. Power necro here. Was ressing someone when the champ oakheart knocked me down. Then bloom did his jump attack. Which i couldnt dodge because I was still knocked over.

It’s one of those WTF moments. Everyone is acting like it’s a regular occurence or that it’s clearly a sign that i don’t know what dodge is, as if they are the only ones that can think of that. I just think it’s BS being punished with an instant K.O. on a slightly tanky build for being hit by one attack. But of course on the forums, keyboard warriors will act like you can dodge ‘every’ attack, to make themselves seem better.

FrostDraco.8306

Get a daredevil/tempest and learn to dodge as it and are the 2 classes that force you to l2dodge the best.

It’s funny because my main before necro was theif.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s funny because my main before necro was theif.

I’d venture to say you didn’t run full sentinel thief either….so you probably should have the mechanical ability to dodge. Unless you were one of those SoM/IP valk/sin face tank theives.

CptAurellian.9537

I do in fact use rise. Power necro here. Was ressing someone when the champ oakheart knocked me down. Then bloom did his jump attack. Which i couldnt dodge because I was still knocked over.

It’s one of those WTF moments. Everyone is acting like it’s a regular occurence or that it’s clearly a sign that i don’t know what dodge is, as if they are the only ones that can think of that. I just think it’s BS being punished with an instant K.O. on a slightly tanky build for being hit by one attack. But of course on the forums, keyboard warriors will act like you can dodge ‘every’ attack, to make themselves seem better.

‘sigh’ The champ oakheart moves with the speed of a snail, so getting knocked down by him almost is an achievement in itself. No need for that and if safely rezzing a downed player isn’t possible, just let him die. You can still rezz when the oakheart is dead.

I can only repeat what I and others have said about a thousand times: You made a capital mistake and got punished accordingly. That’s fine.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

>the mechanics are easy

Generally I don’t rez someone if there is a mob near me or them but then again I play zerk ele so I don’t have the luxury of 32k health with a second health bar on top. My utilities are taken up with signet of fire, glyph of storms and usually frost bow so it’s not like I have invulnerability rezzing either. Just let them die if they are in a bad spot and come rez them later or just do it without them if the others are competent.

Also 32k health if you’re not counting deathshroud isn’t a slightly tanky build, it’s very tanky. You also said it happened maybe once? OK so it’s one mistake just shrug it off, I’ve gone down to the mobs from the onslaught once or twice when casting meteor, it happens to us all. I don’t see why you’re making a big deal about a single one shot attack you happened to get hit by in an awkward situation.

I like swamp now, feels like a real fractal and not an afk brain off mode. Certainly like how you can’t cheese it either.

FrostDraco.8306

>the mechanics are easy

Generally I don’t rez someone if there is a mob near me or them but then again I play zerk ele so I don’t have the luxury of 32k health with a second health bar on top. My utilities are taken up with signet of fire, glyph of storms and usually frost bow so it’s not like I have invulnerability rezzing either. Just let them die if they are in a bad spot and come rez them later or just do it without them if the others are competent.

Also 32k health if you’re not counting deathshroud isn’t a slightly tanky build, it’s very tanky. You also said it happened maybe once? OK so it’s one mistake just shrug it off, I’ve gone down to the mobs from the onslaught once or twice when casting meteor, it happens to us all. I don’t see why you’re making a big deal about a single one shot attack you happened to get hit by in an awkward situation.

I like swamp now, feels like a real fractal and not an afk brain off mode. Certainly like how you can’t cheese it either.

Yea, my DS is 28k on its own. I run valk with wurm runes. I took the person advice above you, and ran a second and 3rd stun break. Especially when running with a full necro party.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Really? I think swamp is easy if you have a decent party. Maybe you should practice on t3 or t2 before trying it on t4.

Posted by: Muffin Nook.5923

Muffin Nook.5923

You could have avoided the whole situation.

Situational Awareness is the ability to identify, process, and comprehend the critical elements of information about what is happening to the team with regards to the mission. More simply, it’s knowing what is going on around you.

Knowing that the oakheart has a KD and choosing to stay and continue to res was your first mistake, not identifying that Bloom was within leaping distance to the downed player was your second, not knowing who the oakheart and bloom had aggro on was your third. If you had the aggro, you should have kited the mobs away from the downed person and not gone for the res. If someone else had aggro, then you should have told them to get away from the vicinity while you rubbed the down person.
Shouldn’t have to mention all this to someone who “pugged their way to 100 and got their legendary fractal backpiece all on their own”.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Situational Awareness is the ability to identify, process, and comprehend the critical elements of information about what is happening to the team with regards to the mission. More simply, it’s knowing what is going on around you.

Knowing that the oakheart has a KD and choosing to stay and continue to res was your first mistake, not identifying that Bloom was within leaping distance to the downed player was your second, not knowing who the oakheart and bloom had aggro on was your third. If you had the aggro, you should have kited the mobs away from the downed person and not gone for the res. If someone else had aggro, then you should have told them to get away from the vicinity while you rubbed the down person.
Shouldn’t have to mention all this to someone who “pugged their way to 100 and got their legendary fractal backpiece all on their own”.

PuGs NEVER lure the boss away while ressing. I’ve never seen it done by them. It’s always: I’m standing away out in the open while one is down and the other 3 PuGs are trying to res with full agro of the boss. On top of that, if they get the res off, I’m beating myself up for not being more helpfull =/

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

isnt shroud useable while cced? also when ressing you should always have your eyes on the boss and ads and be ready to interupt the ressing (if not mesmer) to move also ressing ppl at right times plays a key role in swaggland

zealex.9410

also threads like dis makes wonder what would happen if dungeons still gave nice gold. I’m refferimg to arah and lupi xD also bloom is just an easier lupi be at least abit glad theres something likenthat in fractals

FrostDraco.8306

Ok. Noted. But again, you are preaching to the choir.

Knowing that the oakheart has a KD and choosing to stay and continue to res was your first mistake,

I never said I didn’t know that the oakheart has a knock down. It’s plain obvious that it does. Don’t put words in my mouth.

not identifying that Bloom was within leaping distance to the downed player was your second,

Another assumption. Can you actually go on the information I gave you, not other BS that I never said and is just you trying to take the kitten? And even if he is in leaping distance that doesn’t mean he will in fact leap.

not knowing who the oakheart and bloom had aggro on was your third.

Another assumption. I never said this.

If you had the aggro, you should have kited the mobs away from the downed person and not gone for the res.

Which I didn’t. Or did you miss the part about it being totally unexpected? Did you even read my post? Seems like you are just here to put words in my mouth and tell me things I’ve already figured out, way before you came along.

If someone else had aggro, then you should have told them to get away from the vicinity while you rubbed the down person.

….Do you even play t4? No seriously. Bloom can change aggro at anytime. It’s not purely based on “who is closest”. But if you have actually done t4 swamp and still don’t know this. Stop trying to use it in an argument, because you are clearly speaking from ignorance. I wouldn’t have ressed the person if bloom was in the vicinity. But of course, YOU, are the only person that could possibly think of that.

kitten right off.

You didn’t. You came here and responded days after this was even posted. on top of that you have the audacity to accuse me of things that you can’t possibly know. Your post was useless.

FrostDraco.8306

also threads like dis makes wonder what would happen if dungeons still gave nice gold. I’m refferimg to arah and lupi xD also bloom is just an easier lupi be at least abit glad theres something likenthat in fractals

Strange. I find lupi easier than bloom.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Knowing that the oakheart has a KD and choosing to stay and continue to res was your first mistake,

I never said I didn’t know that the oakheart has a knock down. It’s plain obvious that it does. Don’t put words in my mouth.

not identifying that Bloom was within leaping distance to the downed player was your second,

Another assumption. Can you actually go on the information I gave you, not other BS that I never said and is just you trying to take the kitten? And even if he is in leaping distance that doesn’t mean he will in fact leap.

If you had the aggro, you should have kited the mobs away from the downed person and not gone for the res.

Which I didn’t. Or did you miss the part about it being totally unexpected? Did you even read my post? Seems like you are just here to put words in my mouth and tell me things I’ve already figured out, way before you came along.

If someone else had aggro, then you should have told them to get away from the vicinity while you rubbed the down person.

….Do you even play t4? No seriously. Bloom can change aggro at anytime. It’s not purely based on “who is closest”. But if you have actually done t4 swamp and still don’t know this. Stop trying to use it in an argument, because you are clearly speaking from ignorance. I wouldn’t have ressed the person if bloom was in the vicinity. But of course, YOU, are the only person that could possibly think of that.

kitten right off.

You didn’t. You came here and responded days after this was even posted. on top of that you have the audacity to accuse me of things that you can’t possibly know. Your post was useless.

And why did you respond to him then?

End of story:
You made a mistake and you are not well-trained for swamp which is no wonder after having had a change here. Just go and play it several times and you will experience that this encounter isn’t very much harder than the others.
I just came back from a break and still had 0 downs while 3 others in my group died to various reason. It’s all about skill or as someone from Anet said on reddit: “git gud”.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Artemis Thuras.8795

You might want to reread what they said.

what was assumed here? That you actually know when bloomy was in range? Didn’t you assert that you know the fight?
Or were you simply not paying attention and the assumption is you even knew where bloom is?

But you know the fight don’t you?

Ah, so you weren’t paying attention at all. Otherwise you would be aware that you are in range of bloom.Thanks for clarifying that.

kitten right off.

That might hold some weight, if it were not preceded by your other comments.

This comment would also be fine.. were it not for the incredible hypocrisy you have demonstrated.

You might find you are better received with a little less ego in your posts.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Swamp is easy again after last patch release. Too bad it got nerfed

Do not do t4 fracts if you are a bad player, they are meant for experienced people

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

zealex.9410

Strange. I find lupi easier than bloom.

then bloom should not be a problem to you the dodge window on lupi is much smaller while you can see bloom charge you from across the room