TA Brangoire- Horribly Bugged or Horribly Designed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I’m curious to know if Brangoire is working properly or not. I just attempted my first TA Story mode run and we ran into this second champion. The rest of the dungeon so far was standard in dungeon difficulty. A couple defeats here & there, but overall acceptable.

So Brangoire started off pretty normal, a couple nightmares, some Necro-like things… and then the small amount of nightmares got out of hand. Eventually he was spawning 8 at a time, and practically immediately. The Poison coming off of them was overriding Null Field for some reason, and doing over 2k damage per tick. Running around did absolutely nothing, and killing off the Nightmares was futile because there were at least 2 more already summoned to take its place. We instantly wiped soon after that.
After the long walk back, and clearing out the Nightmares without alerting the boss, upon confronting him he immediately puts out sets of 8 more Nightmares and wipes the party again. This continued the several times we tried.

I’d just like to know if this is intentional or bugged at the moment, but spending 2 hours to get no reward AND owe the game 15 silver (that I don’t even have) is aggravating. I’m lucky to even make the repair costs for damaged armor up within 2 days, so watching the game suck that right away is reminding me how horrible it is to have leveled in the first place.

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

2nd boss right? We did that on our first try then we saw that the spider nightmares when you kill them off they spawn poison cloud so what we did we focus on the boss instead and keep running around to kite him. Single target spells/skills helps too.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The only way ive seen to beat this boss (and ive fought him 3 times now)
is to have 1 person dedicated to survival.

Oddly enough it becomes MUCH easier to survive if you’re the last one in the room. Truth be told I could probably solo him. It would take ages, but its doable.

The problem is with 5 people you are often hit by poison or nightmares that you didnt/couldnt see were behind you. with a smaller group, say 2-3 people its much easier to survive. Simply kite in a circle, and every now and then run into brangoire, drop some AOE’s and run out again.

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Have one person dedicated to pulling aggro from as many spiders as possible, and running in a wide circle either leaving mobile-cast aoes behind them, or having allies do it. My first time through we wiped once and then I pulled out my bomb kit and played Singed for five minutes while my team killed the otherwise uneventful boss.

Also bring stunbreakers so the fears don’t let the spiders catch you.

(edited by Haette.2701)

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

I killed him twice as a guardian and the last man standing. It’s almost soloable if you can keep your cool towards the end of the fight. Just run around him, leaving targeted aoe spells on the ground to slowly finish off the spiders while ‘auto-attacking’ him. As mentioned, the fight seems easier when 1-2 players die.

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

spamming aoe snares on the spiders and aoe swiftness, and condition removal help a lot.

You could also designate people to ‘peel’ or kill the spiders exclusively, while the rest nuke the boss (all while running around in circles like people have said). Having a 100% regen uptime (eles/guardians rotating their stuff) is really nice too.

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

Kiting is the key. Do not use any abilities that leave any non-moving aggro drawing effects (ie mesmer clones). Do not stop moving. Do not help raise dead companions. The poison does not spawn if the spiders do not catch targets.

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

Haven’t done that particular encounter, but if my dungeon experience has taught me one thing so far, it’s that ‘buggy’ and ‘poorly designed’ are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

It’s one of the most fun bosses in the game and definitely well designed. Sorry you’re horribly bad.

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

^- Nice name lol. Anyway it’s best to check every boss for the dungeon and not just graveyard rush them or zerg them around. Sometimes its best to stop and talk about strategy and who’s going to pull mobs/cc etc.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall